PulteGroup, Inc Management reviews

Happy to Move on
Staff Accountant (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 15, 2019
This is a great company to work for if you are willing to spend the rest of your life at work. Turn over is high and management shows a lack of concern overworking employees.
Need to suck up to stay
Proc (Former Employee) –  Centennial, COJanuary 12, 2019
Sweat shop mentality
Unrealistic goals
Tried to make it better with balloons
Totally depends on what manager you get and even then they have limited ability to assist
Pros
Coworkers are awesome
Cons
Manager
Turn and burn
Loan Originator (Former Employee) –  Centennial, CODecember 11, 2018
Great training program but turn and burn company with LO’s. Pulte group works hard to train but not to retain employees. They overhire and cut jobs when over employeed
Pros
Good money
Cons
Turn and burn
Toxic work enviroment
Sr. Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GANovember 29, 2018
Many female employees experienced harassment. Once reported to HR, those employees became a target and still experienced harassment. There are over 70 lawsuits against Pulte.
Customer Care Manager
Customer Care Manager (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLNovember 28, 2018
A typical day of work would consist of me arriving to my job site adhering to a calendar schedule to meet home owners and address concerns if any. Walk the neighborhood and continue appoints as needed. I was able to gain better time management skills as well as advanced problem solving skills when it comes to customer service. The most enjoyable part about my previous job was the interaction between home owners.
Stressful and cut throat
N/A (Former Employee) –  ColoradoNovember 16, 2018
I worked there for two years. My manager was amazing. Overall company only think about the dollar signs. They push you so hard you literally get sick. The bonus structure is horrible. Salary was competitive. But they will let you go and replace you in a minute. Horrible turnover rate. One other thing. Pulte is known for their training so If anything you can take that training and get a hire paying job. Its is a real bummer to see a place you think is amazing and you get in and it becomes a nightmare
Pros
A few nice lunches and Christmas Party
Cons
Stressful, very large work loads that are not reasonable
Mediocre management; take ideas from employees; use as their own
Builder and Customer Relations Manager (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXOctober 24, 2018
I worked an 8 hour day as a customer relations manager. Some days were stressful working with difficult home owners. I enjoyed working with my peers but management was ego driven which was the hardest part to deal with. I enjoyed building relationships with the home owners and seeing their satisfaction with their homes.
Cons
Ego driven management; unwilling to work with individuals
There are some good things and bad things
Field Manager (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXOctober 1, 2018
Very stressful. Chaotic everyday. Other than that, I have nothing else to write. Not sure why I'm being forced to write this review. There is some rapport among coworkers as well.
Pros
Chaos is routine, great rapport with other builders
Cons
There is always chaos, new homeowners freak out and make your life miserable
Hard to balance life and work
Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Englewood, COSeptember 13, 2018
Before leaving the company, I had a baby and it was really hard to disconnect from work and go home without the change that I would have to log on remotely to do work. They do not compensate very well compared to other companies in the area and they expect a lot out of their employees anyway.
Churn and Burn environment
Loan Consultant (Former Employee) –  Englewood, COSeptember 10, 2018
quickly hiring young inexperienced candidates who are hurried through training and placed on sales floor. High rate of turn over due to poorly managed teams. lured with incentives if various metrics are in-line but can often be difficult to meet all simultaneously.
basically you are not paid for your efforts.
environment is high stress and feels like a used car sales office
Pros
training provided
Cons
stressful workplace
Overworked-under paid
Field Manager (Current Employee) –  Eden Prairie, MNSeptember 4, 2018
High stress; heavy workload, little life balance and not a lot of job satisfaction due to unrealistic demands.........................................
Field Manager (Current Employee) –  Bloomfield Hills, MIAugust 29, 2018
good place to work. Competitive pay. I truly enjoy working here because it encompasses everything that I enjoy about construction, flexibility, accountability and management.
Good management but stressful work enviroment
Processor (Current Employee) –  ColoradoAugust 26, 2018
This is a good company to work for overall, to me their biggest flaw is to allow workers blame each other for mistakes instead of finding a solution as a team. I have seen managers identify a problem and find who to blame before finding the solution. This kind of practice drives me crazy, I have talked to management about it and it doesn't seem like they have done anything about it. Pay is good, benefits good. From 1 to 10 I rate this company a 6.
Positive work place
Security (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLAugust 15, 2018
The most enjoyable part of the job is meeting the new home owners.
The work place culture is really great.
The People are awesome
Management is always helpful
Pros
Relaxed Work Enviroment
Close knit group
Escrow Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJuly 17, 2018
For a long time we had great work environment with a close knit group of employees. Unfortunately people left for various reasons and management changes resulted in a more stressful work environment.
Pros
Company activities after hours
Cons
Job pressure
Takes good care of employees.
Customer Care Manager (Current Employee) –  Venice, FLJuly 13, 2018
Stressful work but the company is good to their people. Good compensation and benefits. Positive culture strongly encouraged. Management is very helpful when needed but allows you to work independently.
Great company!
Field Manager (Former Employee) –  North Port, FLJune 20, 2018
Great company! PulteGroup Inc. really cares about their employees and it shows. Through the day to day interaction with management as well as the event PulteGroup Inc. puts on this is a fantastic place to work!
This is high stress low pay.
Field Manager (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNJune 18, 2018
I’m very disappointed in the management. They ask for more than a person has time to give. They get a zero on work life balance. This could be a great company to work for, but upper management is driven by bonuses. This is a big problem and home quality suffers. I would never buy a Pulte home.
Interesting
Production Analyst (Former Employee) –  Fairfax, VAJune 4, 2018
Worked there briefly on a contract and had great colleagues. The culture was laid back and management was friendly, summer fridays were a plus! I would return.
feedback
Manager of Market Intelligence and Analytics (Current Employee) –  Fairfax, VAMay 31, 2018
The company is returns driven and often enough it forgets to value its employees. Open Communication is an issue. It does not have enough transparency and messages are not tricked down timely or at all.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at PulteGroup, Inc. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.5InHerSight Score

2.5Personal Development

2.7Career Opportunities

2.4Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight