PulteGroup, Inc Management reviews

Mediocre management; take ideas from employees; use as their own
Builder and Customer Relations Manager (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXOctober 24, 2018
I worked an 8 hour day as a customer relations manager. Some days were stressful working with difficult home owners. I enjoyed working with my peers but management was ego driven which was the hardest part to deal with. I enjoyed building relationships with the home owners and seeing their satisfaction with their homes.
Cons
Ego driven management; unwilling to work with individuals
There are some good things and bad things
Field Manager (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXOctober 1, 2018
Very stressful. Chaotic everyday. Other than that, I have nothing else to write. Not sure why I'm being forced to write this review. There is some rapport among coworkers as well.
Pros
Chaos is routine, great rapport with other builders
Cons
There is always chaos, new homeowners freak out and make your life miserable
Hard to balance life and work
Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Englewood, COSeptember 13, 2018
Before leaving the company, I had a baby and it was really hard to disconnect from work and go home without the change that I would have to log on remotely to do work. They do not compensate very well compared to other companies in the area and they expect a lot out of their employees anyway.
Churn and Burn environment
Loan Consultant (Former Employee) –  Englewood, COSeptember 10, 2018
quickly hiring young inexperienced candidates who are hurried through training and placed on sales floor. High rate of turn over due to poorly managed teams. lured with incentives if various metrics are in-line but can often be difficult to meet all simultaneously.
basically you are not paid for your efforts.
environment is high stress and feels like a used car sales office
Pros
training provided
Cons
stressful workplace
Overworked-under paid
Field Manager (Current Employee) –  Eden Prairie, MNSeptember 4, 2018
High stress; heavy workload, little life balance and not a lot of job satisfaction due to unrealistic demands.........................................
Field Manager (Current Employee) –  Bloomfield Hills, MIAugust 29, 2018
good place to work. Competitive pay. I truly enjoy working here because it encompasses everything that I enjoy about construction, flexibility, accountability and management.
Good management but stressful work enviroment
Processor (Current Employee) –  ColoradoAugust 26, 2018
This is a good company to work for overall, to me their biggest flaw is to allow workers blame each other for mistakes instead of finding a solution as a team. I have seen managers identify a problem and find who to blame before finding the solution. This kind of practice drives me crazy, I have talked to management about it and it doesn't seem like they have done anything about it. Pay is good, benefits good. From 1 to 10 I rate this company a 6.
Positive work place
Security (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLAugust 15, 2018
The most enjoyable part of the job is meeting the new home owners.
The work place culture is really great.
The People are awesome
Management is always helpful
Pros
Relaxed Work Enviroment
Close knit group
Escrow Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJuly 17, 2018
For a long time we had great work environment with a close knit group of employees. Unfortunately people left for various reasons and management changes resulted in a more stressful work environment.
Pros
Company activities after hours
Cons
Job pressure
Takes good care of employees.
Customer Care Manager (Current Employee) –  Venice, FLJuly 13, 2018
Stressful work but the company is good to their people. Good compensation and benefits. Positive culture strongly encouraged. Management is very helpful when needed but allows you to work independently.

Want to know more about PulteGroup, Inc?

Ask a question
Great company!
Field Manager (Former Employee) –  North Port, FLJune 20, 2018
Great company! PulteGroup Inc. really cares about their employees and it shows. Through the day to day interaction with management as well as the event PulteGroup Inc. puts on this is a fantastic place to work!
This is high stress low pay.
Field Manager (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNJune 18, 2018
I’m very disappointed in the management. They ask for more than a person has time to give. They get a zero on work life balance. This could be a great company to work for, but upper management is driven by bonuses. This is a big problem and home quality suffers. I would never buy a Pulte home.
Interesting
Production Analyst (Former Employee) –  Fairfax, VAJune 4, 2018
Worked there briefly on a contract and had great colleagues. The culture was laid back and management was friendly, summer fridays were a plus! I would return.
feedback
Manager of Market Intelligence and Analytics (Current Employee) –  Fairfax, VAMay 31, 2018
The company is returns driven and often enough it forgets to value its employees. Open Communication is an issue. It does not have enough transparency and messages are not tricked down timely or at all.
Workplace culture was good, management not so good.
Accounting Associate (Former Employee) –  MichiganMay 21, 2018
Workplace culture was good, management not so good. Overall a fun place to work, but workplace politics was out of control. The free lunches were a great time to get to know fellow employees.
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
management not so good
Great benefits and productive team
Procurement Intern (Former Employee) –  Naples, FLMay 10, 2018
Very family oriented company. Wide array of opportunities for professional advancement. Management is top notch, specifically in the procurement department.
Cliques, Politics and Opportunities
Payroll Administrator (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAApril 27, 2018
The company itself can be amazing!! The individuals within the company are dysfunctional, The company has a lot of favoritism and separation by departments and cliques within each department. A ton of politics, gossiping and backstabbing when I was there. I was not involved but it was extremely hard to turn a blind eye to mistreatment of others.

However, if you can ignore and turn a cold heart like the rest of the world and not care how others are treated then this is the company for you! Pulte is actually an AMAZING company that is staffed with the right servant heart individuals with warrior spirits can change a company culture and ultimately reviews. ;-)
Pros
Area, Location, Decor, Amenities, Advancement
Cons
Politics and Lack of Inclusion
The Gold Standard of Companies to Work For
Senior Accountant (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMarch 26, 2018
Very "work hard, play hard" atmosphere. Very much a community feel that was fostered by upper management. Voluntary activities that were well attended by all employees
Pros
Sense of Teamwork
Cons
Housing Crisis of 2008
Advancement
Staff Accountant (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMarch 26, 2018
Room for advancement due to turnover, will promote if upper management thinks you are ready. Good company to work for as long as you get your work done.
Great Company
Consumer Services liasion (Former Employee) –  Englewood, COMarch 19, 2018
Great Company! Management was poor and the pay was low. I would have loved to stay and work there but management was lacking. For the amount of work we did and what we had to know iI wish pay was better. You do learn a lot though!
Pros
Benefits, culturally rich

Ask a question about working or interviewing at PulteGroup, Inc. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Ratings from women

2.5InHerSight Score

2.5Personal Development

2.7Career Opportunities

2.4Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight