PUMA Group Employee Reviews

PUMA was a good place to work. They did not get renewal of government contract and business closed
Machine Technician (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMMarch 19, 2019
I was on the maintenance crew for Hermes 2, REBA, Proto1, Hydra-Mite and Pulsed Power Facilities. The work was fast paced and challenging but very interesting.
Pros
Challenging work
Cons
Workin in the oil section
I worked a 10 hour shift with no break - PUMA Outlet
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FL 32819March 18, 2019
A typical day at work starts with a “huddle” which is a prep meeting a manager gives you or a group in the middle of the store before your shift. As a cashier it was very RARE that I would get one, the second I stepped into the store they had me count on the register and start ringing. At P I learned the value of great customer service and timely execution. We’re a hardworking crazy family. Management always depends on where you go but mine were pretty okay. At first they were all great and fun to be around but when everyone found out I was moving the energy changed and it was weird to even come into work. There was one who was very rude to me my whole time there, so just be aware there can always be a bad apple in the bunch. The hardest part of the job is closing. If you can’t handle cleaning up, restocking, and being up until 2 a.m. sometimes do not agree to a closing shift! The most enjoyable part of the job were my coworkers. I’m still friends with them to this day. The most love-able friendliest people you’ll ever meet (again at my specific location). 30 min lunch break ONLY if you work 6 hours or more. There were many instances where I could have reported a manger to HR. The environment was THAT GREAT that so many negatives happened to me and it still gets 4 stars. Wild.
Pros
Good management
Cons
Will exploit you if you’re not careful
Puma
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Glendale, AZMarch 5, 2019
Puma had environment to work in , a typical day revolved around sales goals , and making sure our customer had a great experience.
I started off as a sales associate then i was placed as cashier with in the month of working there.
Pros
Great enviorment
Cons
Short hours
Fun environment
Acting Store Manager/Co-Manager (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAMarch 4, 2019
Awesome clothes and shoes. Enjoy working with people who are from all walks of life. Guests come from all over the world to shop there. Fun place to keep yourself busy.
Nice place to work
Senior IT Specialist (Current Employee) –  MoscowMarch 3, 2019
Nice place to work, have a ping pong table, and mostly nice people. I was working for 10 years and it was amazing time. Puma has a nice culture, good people.
dislike
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Elmhurst, NYFebruary 4, 2019
waste of time, no benefits, no good pay, you'll never receive any acknowledgement for the work you had done. Stressful environment, people come and go
Worst Job I've Ever Had !!
Full Time Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Chandler, AZFebruary 2, 2019
It's too stressful and there's a lack of training and communication. Management team does not work together will and always play a game of telephone between each other.
Pros
30 min breaks
Cons
Lack of communication, not flexible with hours, short staff, unorganized, negative atmosphere, etc...
productive workplace
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Cupey, PRJanuary 30, 2019
Good place for part time job. Had good coworkers. Flexible hours. Friend recommend the place, work part time. Not much more each Puma has different owners so it depends upon their standards.
Pros
flexible hours
Super
Cajera (Former Employee) –  Río Hondo, PRJanuary 2, 2019
El mejor equipo de trabajo que he tenidoen todos los ambitos.
The job was always a fun environment.
Cashier, Stock (Former Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 11, 2018
Working there was always busy. Especially being that it was such a popular place downtown in the city there was always a lot of people no matter what time of day.
Its good for young people.
Sales/Stock Associate (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVDecember 6, 2018
It is a good job for someone in school. The only reason i choose to leave is because they began to cut my hours and have to find another job. The pay definitely could be better.
Typical Day at work
Manager Marketing (Former Employee) –  Boston, MADecember 5, 2018
Respected work / life balance. It is a good company to work for - people are nice. There is potential for growth. Per retails things are always changing in a dynamic environment.
Buen ambiente de trabajo
Asistente de Ventas (Former Employee) –  Nuevo LeónNovember 21, 2018
Buena empresa con buenas prestaciones de acuerdo a la ley.
Pros
Prestaciones a la ley
Cons
Horario poco flexible
Fun place to work
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLNovember 10, 2018
-fun place helping people find cool shoes
-lots of opportunity to meet new people
-great discount
-great atmosphere
-sometimes difficult customers that are hard to please
awesome and fun place
Stock and Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVNovember 6, 2018
great days learned different skills to better my work ethnics management was fair lots of diversity which is great hardest thing is getting in a permenate postions when u learned a new skill
Pros
good enironment
Cons
theres none
Fast paced at time but also slow paced wasn't always enjoyable.
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Camarillo, CAOctober 19, 2018
Typical day at work is greeting people and making sure things are in place making sure you make your manager happy and content with what your doing. Management was okay depending on what manager you were working with.
Pros
discounts
Cons
no benefits
It's a great place to work..If you're Full Time
Shift Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVOctober 9, 2018
I've been working for Puma for awhile and it's honestly one of the greatest jobs I've ever had. However, there are a few hiccups with management. They can never seem to get on the same page and there are often strong verbal disputes between them that never get resolved. At times it can be uncomfortable because the rest of the staff can feel it. It seems like a great place to work but only if your full time. Part time usually gets a majority of the work without so much as a thumbs up but management will be very quick to point out all of the things you are doing wrong. Everyone except for maybe two of the supervisors lack communication skills.
Pros
Free clothes every few months
Cons
Not a good place to work if you want to advance.
productive and a fun place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Boston, MASeptember 1, 2018
I honestly loved working here. everything was organized and you just learn to love your job, everyday was not always a challenge but when it was it was fun. working here I have met and learned about different cultures, and I used to be very shy until I worked here, it brought me out my shell, and helped me to learn how to engage with other people. a typical day at work would be coming in learning the goal for the day and the mission for the week , and a new strategy for the week. then you would help the customer by listening to what their looking for and asking more questions, then you bring at least 3 different options to choose from, and to add on their product with something else that would be an addition to their happiness.
Great work environment
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLAugust 6, 2018
Nice job for part-time work, they don't really offer full-time positions but they do give store discounts, paid holidays and vacation time to all their employees.
ok to work for
RETAIL SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Carlsbad, CAAugust 2, 2018
• Accountable for ensuring individual performance consistently achieves or exceeds sales, KPIs and profitability goals through the effective servicing of customers.
• Provide consistently high standards of customer experience within the Store in accordance with PUMAs Brand Values and service standards.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at PUMA Group. Our community is ready to answer.