PUMA
Happiness rating is 64 out of 100

PUMA Employee Reviews

United States422 reviews

I loves this job very much and it’s unfortunate that I had to move and there isn’t one in my current location. The staff was great! Pay was decent but you het allotment which was great!

Sales Associate

The flagship location is a beautiful location. However management basically does not care unless you are pushing sales. I did received a half promotion to Customization. I felt super unprepared after a half week of training. Doesn’t matter how much you sell everyone work the same amount of hours (15-18).

Pros

Pay for uniform (monthly)

Cons

Short breaks and little hours.

May 30, 2022
Thank you for review on your former job. Building a workplace where employees feel welcomed and valued is our biggest priority. We are sorry to hear your PUMA experience doesn’t mirror our efforts to create a great work environment for everybody. We will make sure to investigate your concerns in order to avoid negative experiences in the future. All the best for your future career!

PUMA insights

What people like
  • Feeling of personal appreciation
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • Time and location flexibility
Areas for improvement
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Sense of belonging
  • Support from manager

horrible management

the management is so bad! the managers think they can chat all day while they boss around the employees. They don't care for making an inclusive environment. Favoritism is super obvious. Managers will talk bad about you behind your back. The only time they pretend to work is when corporate and the big bosses are visiting the store.

May 13, 2022
We take your feedback very serious and will look into this matter. PUMA is committed to providing a work environment free of discrimination and is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. It is the policy of PUMA to prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type and to afford equal employment opportunities to all persons without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, gender and gender identity, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, veteran-status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law. As a Brand, we do maintain a strict policy prohibiting such behavior, provide prevention training and will take the proper steps in investigating any matter that is brought to our attention. We wish you all the best for your future career!

Not worth the time you spend there

Just bad there environment was toxic. And the Manedger’s acted as if they were that if associates. Would not recommend working here what do ever. Sad to say

March 29, 2022
Thank you for sharing your experience. We take your feedback very serious and are sorry to hear it doesn’t mirror our efforts to create a great work environment for everybody. We will make sure to investigate your concerns in order to avoid negative experiences in the future. In case you would like to further discuss this topic, feel free to reach out to careers@puma.com All the best for your future career!

Good temporary job

Ok if your looking for part time during holidays or summers. Management often gossips about other employees and doesn’t treat them with respect they give other managers.

March 29, 2022
Thank you for sharing your thoughts regarding your time at PUMA. Building a workplace where employees feel welcomed and valued is our priority. We are sorry to hear your PUMA experience doesn’t mirror our efforts to create a great work environment for everybody. We will make sure to investigate your concerns in order to avoid negative experiences in the future. In case you want to further discuss this, feel free to reach out to careers@puma.com. All the best for your future career!

No work/life balance

Management was extremely demeaning. Upper management was a nightmare. If you enjoy having no social life and constantly being demeaned, go for it! The pay was also awful for the amount of hours you had to work.

January 3, 2022
Thank you very much for the open and honest feedback you have provided. We really appreciate your constructive feedack as it sets the basis for further improvement. We wish you all the best in your future career.

Fun environment

Great first job or side job. Super fun culture and you learn a lot about fitness and design. Very inclusive and diverse . Management was welcoming, open and left room to showcase skills.

Pros

Fun, energetic, inclusive

Cons

Promotions take a while

December 7, 2021
Thanks so much for taking your time to write this review. We are thrilled to hear that you enjoyed the working environment as well as the inclusive and diverse culture at PUMA. We wish you all the best for your future career.

Extended High School

Management didn’t value hard workers and was paying the highest achievers the lowest. Not worth the time put in to the job, do not work here if you value a work/life balance.

Pros

Make friends, allotment of clothes

Cons

Short breaks, no career advancement

November 11, 2021
Thank you for your review and we appreciate your open feedback. Happy to hear that you enjoyed our working environment and our benefits. We always ensure that our employees have proper contracts in alignment with local labor law. This applies also for daily working hours including breaks. We wish you all the best for your future career.

Expect to have no work-life balance.

Management here is horrible and the culture is cliquey. The company is still recovering from an incompetent SVP who was ousted a couple of years ago. They do promote internally, but it is rarely someone who is actually skilled and deserving.

Cons

no work-life balance

October 22, 2021
Thank you very much for the open and honest feedback you have provided. On an ongoing basis, we continuously look to improve Retail Store Operations and take all feedback seriously. We wish you all the best in your future career.

Easy to move up

As long as you are meeting the goals and doing what your supposed to you will and can move up. They are great at recognizing you growth and accomplishments.

Pros

Management is great

Cons

Retail

September 13, 2021
Many thanks for taking the time to provide feedback on your PUMA working experience. We're excited to hear that you are pleased with the Management. We wish you all the best in your future career at PUMA.

Maybe just my experience

I worked at PUMA seasonal and it was as if my manager didn’t like me, for the jump. Not sure what that was about. As far as with life, the pay was eh and the work was also eh. Discounts were fair tho

September 9, 2021
Thank you for sharing your thoughts about your time at PUMA. Seeking employee feedback and continuously working on the given constructive feedback is very important for us to foster a positive work environment. Therefore, be assured that your opinion is important to us. All the best for your future career.

Opportunities limited

Worked here for 6 years. Didn’t feel appreciate by the company. Little opportunity in advancement. If you aren’t a store manager, corporate could care less who you are…. Even the DMs. Stressful environment for no appreciation in return. Pay is ok for management.

October 20, 2021
Thank you for your open and honest feedback about your former position at PUMA. We take your feedback very serious. We are also sorry to hear it doesn’t mirror our efforts to create a great work environment where everybody can develop and follow their passion. The environment we work in is very fast-paced, however, there should be always time and initiatives provided to show appreciation for our PUMAs and their work. Thanks again for your feedback, it’s the best way for us to get better. We wish you all the best for your future career.

It's great if you're fulltime

They're super flexible on your schedule and requesting time off was easy. This is different a great spot if you're looking to work as a college student, but the hours are not there. It does push you to succeed since they give hours to those who do great and have a flexible schedule.

August 31, 2021
Thank you for your positive feedback. The employees working at PUMA are the key to our success. That's why we aim to create an inspiring and motivating environment every day. We are sorry that you did not have enough hours for the job and will take this issue into account. All the best for your future career.

Loved it

Awesome place to work if you like shoes/clothes. Customer service is a must and there were always people visiting from different countries when I worked here. Free clothes and shoes for uniform every 3 months from what I remember.

August 16, 2021
Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your working experience at PUMA. We’re thrilled to hear that you enjoyed the benefits and perks of working here. We wish you all the best in your future career.

Large company with small successful stores

It is a wonderful worldwide company with small business values. There are very few physical stores which allows great attention to detail and great employee benefits. Part time employees accrue sick time and vacation time!

Pros

small stores, sick time, vacation time

Cons

less stores mean you are unable to transfer locally

August 6, 2021
Many thanks for your positive feedback about your position at PUMA. It’s nice to hear that our efforts to create a great PUMA working culture and experience are appreciated. We wish you all the best for your future career at PUMA.

Could be better

Current management needs to change, unprofessional, like high school. Higher ups are nice and help you certain managers hinder your growth, love to start rumors and gossip and push work on the employees lower on the totem pole so they do nothing and get all the credit. If it weren’t for specific managers I would have loved to work there for a longer period of time.

August 2, 2021
Thank you for your kind words about your position at PUMA. We appreciate your feedback, it is an important part of our learning process and our best way to get better. We want to wish you all the best for the future and want to thank you for your time with us.

Great environment and free clothes

The pros outweigh the cons massively, the store manager was almost all the time in a good mood which motivates the employee to be happy, you get to wear whatever top you want as long as it’s Puma branded, etc

Pros

Free clothes every 3 months approx., No strict policy with uniforms, Funny managers

Cons

Short breaks, Lack of hours if you are not a manager

July 29, 2021
Thank you for your words about your position at PUMA. We are glad you are happy with the working environment we provide. All the best for the future and want to thank you for your time with us.

Fun and awesome team

It was a fun places, everyone was upbeat and positive. There were no downsides at all. The team worked perfectly and got everything done. Absolutely zero negativity or complaints

July 29, 2021
Thank you for your kind words about your position at PUMA. We want to wish you all the best for the future and want to thank you for your time with us.

It’s Retail

It’s retail, good days and bad days! You have to take each day as one day and just move on to the next day. Good pay and product, the customers just are too much sometimes

Pros

Pay, Allotment

Cons

Not enough hours in the day to get things done

July 29, 2021
Thank you for your words about your position at PUMA. We want to wish you all the best for your future career at PUMA.

Fun workplace

It is a retail jb, it is fu but very on top of things...which is good and important but dont think its easy. You have a preshift meeting in which you are told what your mission and goal are for the day. Its simple and not difficult but you do have to have patience with customers. You must able to stand on your feet the whole shift. You are going to be constantly walking throughout the store, whether it be to the front for a price check or the back to check stock.

Pros

Fun

Cons

Short breaks

September 2, 2021
Thank you for your review and feedback on your former retail job at PUMA. It’s nice to hear that our efforts to create a great PUMA working experience are appreciated. All the best for your future career.

Ambiente de trabajo pésimo

Una jornada laboral en esta empresa comienza de la mala educación del encargado a cero interés en incentivar al empleado.

Pros

Seguro médico

Cons

No nos proveen uniformes en tiempo y forma, sin incentivo laboral

August 31, 2021
Muchas gracias por tu retroalimentación honesta. Trabajamos constantemente para seguir mejorando y entregando nuestro mejor ambiente y colaboración. Tomaremos en consideración tu opinion y agradecemos que te tomes el tiempo de escribirnos. Lo mejor en el futuro para ti.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at PUMA. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.6 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Women's ratings

3.5Fairygodboss Score

100%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

100%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by  Fairygodboss