Punch Studio Employee Reviews

Nowhere to go
Inventory Control Specialist (Current Employee) –  Culver City, CAMay 22, 2018
It is not a good feeling or positive experience when you are told the only way to make more money is to leave your department or leave the company. Also being told by upper management that the company will never pay market value. Why would one stay
Pros
Cons
Low pay, no room for advancement
Fun comfortable workplace
Graphic Designer (Former Employee) –  Culver City, CAAugust 1, 2017
As a designer, a typical day at work is prepping designs for production and sometimes you get to work on illustrations for greeting cards or other fun projects. The co-workers are the best and are super helpful if you have any trouble or issues they are kind enough to assist you and show you a new way to do something.

I learned so much and my photoshop skills have improved a lot. They use photoshop a lot here, but if you don't know it too well its ok they are willing to teach. The hardest part can be the busy season and lots of tight deadlines, so it can get hectic but besides that, it's routine and comfortable.

You don't stay overtime unless it's a busy time and then it's only for a little bit like two weeks. They always make sure you leave at 5 which is nice.
Pros
the people are fun & social, rarely do you stay overtime, comfortable job
Cons
not enough community bonding, no weekly happy hours or community events besides the employee appreciation day or christmas party, not enough room for growth, management
Working on developing new products was interesting and constantly changing. Working directly with customers and sales representatives was great.
Sales and Product Development Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Culver City, CAApril 16, 2016
I worked with customers as well as sales representatives on a daily basis. I proofread and entered orders from small stores as well as major companies. I invoiced shipments, set up trade show booths with new products,
Pros
Always challenging and interesting.
Cons
Dealing with a president who micro managed all aspect of a job
Bit of a tough workplace yet great place to learn new things.
Assembler/Packer (Former Employee) –  Culver City, CAJuly 10, 2014
Work was being done at a bit fast paste because it needed to be shipped by the end of the day. I was able to learn some inventory in the process which I had never done and the leader of the table (co-worker) was a great help. Management at that job was at an 8 which I believe could have been better. There were some co-workers whom I did not speak to much because they intended to put new workers low around in the company. I found that the hardest part of my job was to work fast in a group with co-workers who did not collaborate. I most enjoyed working with great helpful co-workers.
Pros
An hour of lunch and sitting down after standing for about 6 hours.
Cons
Not many microwaves for heating and co-workers who did not cooperate
Love the people I work with, but not the company itself.
Art Department Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Culver City, CAFebruary 27, 2014
I love that I can leave work on time every day and I absolutely love the people I work with. The job itself has grown tedious and I feel there is no room or growth. I feel underpaid and under appreciated by management and the owner. I have learned a lot about product development, factories, vendors, shipping, and stationery, but I am ready to move on to a new challenge.
Pros
Regular hours, creative and casual atmosphere
Cons
low wages, no perks or incentives, no room for growth

Want to know more about Punch Studio?

Ask a question