Purdue Pharma LP

Purdue Pharma LP Employee Reviews in Stamford, CT

Purdue Pharma LP insights

What people like
  • General feeling of work happiness
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • Ability to learn new things

Professional Organization With No ping-pong tables

Great place to work with excellent benefits and pay and for the most part they had a great management team that only included a couple of turds who were more about themselves than their teams.

Being responsble and accountable for your territory.

Purdue gave the sales rep the autonomy and authority to develop the territory as needed to achieve sales goals; under the supervision of the District Manager.

Pros

Intrinsically rewarded and recognized

Cons

Did not tolerate under performance

business casual and a lot of fun

loved working for Purdue Pharma L.P. throughout the years. Always learning new things and meeting new people. Learned how to multi-task, create performance reporting on a monthly basis. most enjoyable part of the job is the work atmosphere.

one product company paying the ultimate price

Just a horrible place to work. No advancement. Horrible cut throat management. Opioids only. Read the court documents and make up your own mind whether you want to work here.

Company is in reinvention mode

When it was good, it was very good. Many, many layoffs throughout the years. Workplace culture is down due to looming uncertainties. Some management decisions were completely political.

Share your experience

Let job seekers know what it's like to work at your company.

Generally Good

In spite of its troubles, Purdue was a good place to work. I worked for good managers and was paid very well. The general environment was supportive and I appreciated being able to work with top-notch people.

Great people at what once was a great company

Purdue was once and great company, but currently does not have a sales force. Offered great opportunity at one time. All answers are based on previous experience.

Pros

Great people

Cons

No more sales force

Great Company to work for

The people/managers are great to work for at Purdue. We all work hard and your contributions are acknowledged and appreciated. My job is full of diversity, which is what I like. I not only perform administrative duties, but also project work. My days are full and very busy.

Rewarding stimulating work environment

Family owned visionary company that allows you to progress in your career through many tracks. They encourage growth and success through hard work and persistence.

Pros

you make difference in patient lives

Cons

Waiting for new product pipeline

Excellent company

• Assured compliance with federal regulations and company standards for all computerized systems and equipment for Medical, Regulatory, R&D and Manufacturing facilities. • Authored a white paper for Purdue’s interpretation of 21 CFR Part 11 and Annex 11 and developed associated user requirements and qualification test scripts for satisfaction of each regulation’s objective. • Authored a Corporate Electronic Signatures Policy issued to all employees for their understanding of electronic signatures as required by the FDA. • Assisted with the creation of a new System Development Life Cycle for computerized systems and developed most of its associated documentation and standard operating procedures for IT, Medical, Regulatory and R&D departments. • Assured user requirements were adequately challenged and that they were cross-referenced accordingly throughout their associated traceability matrix. • Reviewed and approved system user requirements, validation plans, IQ-OQ-PQ protocols, test scripts and associated summary reports. • Provided QA support on almost every international GxP project; mostly GCP in the areas of Drug Safety (Adverse Events), Medical (Clinical Trials) and Regulatory Affairs (Submissions). • Assisted with the creation of the Corrective and Preventive Action (CAPA) database for all of Purdue’s GxP issues. • Worked with many different vendor applications such as Argus Safety (Relsys), Oracle Clinical (Oracle), Randomization (ProPack), ClinPKS (Pharsight/Intrasphere), Global Regulatory Affairs Submission Project (FCG), eDocCompliance/Documentum (Qumas), Training/Qualifications -

Pros

Every employee was cared for with great respect

Cons

Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Purdue Pharma LP?

Productive and good work/home life balance

Great people, work hard and get acknowledged, everyone working to help patients and doctors. A place people don't typically leave as the majority are happy.

Good company

People were okay to work with. Great location. Busy environment to work in. Training providing consistently to meet changes in day to day workload.

The benefits provided are very good.

A typical day at work for me could be different most days. Always reviewed my emails and voice messages. Answered the messages that required an immediate response. Those messages which required further investigation I put on a do to list. I would do account analyses (balance sheet accounts). Reconcile the intercompany accounts. Follow up on my do list that require investigation. Month-end I would follow the close schedule and post required journal entries. I have learned a standard of excellence at Purdue. Most of my direct co-workers were great to work with. We would help each other on various projects and account reconciliations.

Pros

Annual bonuses were provided to the employees

Cons

Few promotions

See below

Wonderful experience. See resume for list of detailed job functions. Work load challenging but rewarding. Handled high volume and multiple responsibilities.Opportunity to strengthen current experience as well as expand opportunities. Co-workers and management a pleasure to work with and highly professsional.

Pros

excellent management

Cons

in midst of downsizing

Excellent pay, good benefits, end of year bonus

I have worked at Purdue Pharma for eleven years and was recently laid off in June 2014 due to downsizing/restructing. I had eleven wonderful years working in Medical Services. The department was run in an excellent manner all personnel got along which made the job enjoyable.

Pros

excellent pay, good working conditions

Cons

no room for advancement

A company that is changing

Purdue was very strong and able to take on any challenge 15 years ago. Today, it has become just another pharma company and has adopted the ways of larger companies. Their product line is strong and they train their reps for honesty, loyalty and compliance.

Pros

Still relatively small, good product line, upward mobility

Cons

Turned into big pharma, went from being run by the sales dept. to being run completely by the legal dept.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Purdue Pharma LP. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• Purdue Pharma LP