Purdue Pharma Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
overview
Territory Business Manager (Current Employee) –  Lafayette, LAJune 20, 2018
the overview of Purdue is that it was a great company to work for. I learned many different business skills that will be helpful with my career. I would recommend this company to anyone that is in the Pharmaceutical industry.
Initially treated employees well, but management changed over time!
Professional Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Toledo, OHJune 11, 2018
The company has provided me with many great opportunities, but not the company I started with! They seemed tone getting back on track, but very little in way of products to sell now!
Reason for wanting new position
Assistant Director EHS (Current Employee) –  Stamford, CTJune 4, 2018
Purdue Pharma has been a great place to work, but it is currently undergoing sever organizational change because of external business conditions. I have been here 16 years, they have been wonderful for my career, fulfilled with meaningful work tasks, outstanding benefits and the ability to grow in my position. I feel that I have contributed to the company in a positive way. Its present circumstances were not in any way reflective of my work effort and commitment to add value to the organization.
Pros
Great job and company to work for
Cons
Adverse external business conditions
Zero job security
Hospital Specialty Representative (Former Employee) –  Shreveport, LAMay 12, 2018
No job security
Lack of structure
Reputation hurt by OxyContin issues
Lack of transperancy
Benefits
Cons
Reputation, lack of products
Territory - Pain Specialty Representative (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, LAMay 11, 2018
Very good experience. This was a great learning experience. The position helped me to become a much better representative. Purdue has an excellent training program.
OPIOD problems
Consultant (Former Employee) –  Stamford, CTApril 27, 2018
Company is under siege due to opiod crisis. Management doesn't know how to downsize as they promise people it is over and then continue to announce layoffs. Everyone is petrified and can't do their jobs effectively.
Pros
not a public company
Cons
Not employee friendly
Going downhill fast
Territory Business Manager (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORApril 23, 2018
No pipeline, no future. I would not recommend anyone work for this company. There is no long term plans and the future looks bleak. They have had multiple rounds of layoffs over the past year and more to come.
Pretty Good Overall
Territory Business Manager (Former Employee) –  West VirginiaApril 12, 2018
What a typical day is like: It is about the same as with most companies, but since this is Opioid Company, there is so many rules and restrictiions. Which makes this job unsecure
Pros
Pharmaceutical Job
Cons
Job security
Opioid Crisis Brought the House Down
Territory Business Manager II (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAMarch 28, 2018
Everything in my career was fine with Purdue. I had a great manager, territory, and had just been promoted. The decision by the board to cease the promotion of the opioids in the portfolio (strictly a business decision) led to a major downsizing. C'est la vie.
Pros
Great manager. Decent pay. Not too stressful
Cons
Promoting opioid was problematic
very stressful work enviroment
TERRITORY BUSINESS MANAGER II (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMarch 16, 2018
A typical day of work would be to go visit assigned customers throughout the territory and discuss appropriate patient types for the products I was selling. Also worked with staff and provided resources for patient education or formulary concerns.
Right hand and left hand aren't even on same continent
Territory Business Manager (Current Employee) –  USAMarch 6, 2018
Purdue could be so much more, but poor decisions and years of reliance on one product to pay the bills have put the company on shaky ground. The only product being promoted now is a late-to-market me too (the money maker isn't even promoted now). Upper sales management reads too many books on how to manage instead of leading. Territory Business Manager is a joke of a title, as district managers often live to micromanage and are with reps far too often. No rhyme or reason as to how job performance played into a recent layoff, as recent award winners were let go while average to marginal representatives were kept.
Pros
Good pay; cannot complain about this aspect.
Cons
lack of management accountability, no vision by upper management
Good while it lasted...
IT Lead (Current Employee) –  Stamford, CTMarch 4, 2018
Aside from the political lightning rod that the company is, it started off really well, with a collaborative IT department where everyone was friendly and helpful. But as the economic landscape has changed, some people started shifting focus to themselves, and trying to protect what they had. Groups became silo'ed and pressure was put on the remaining people to accomplish tasks and projects at expedited timelines, regardless of conflicting priorities, workloads or manpower. The company itself offers great benefits, both in terms of healthcare as well as work/life balance. And it pays well too. But for the IT department, the focus is to cut, cut, and cut, outsourcing as much as possible. Being on the inside, the outsourced vendor is no where near as good as the FTEs, and it shows - all other end users I speak with about it tell me as much. If you are not looking to join the IT department, don't expect even moderate support quality; expect lower thresholds.
Pros
high salary, good benefits, telecommuting available, week between Cristmas and New Year's is a company holiday
Cons
political lightning rod, financial instability, poor management, lack of collaborating environment
Work life
Territory Business Manager (Former Employee) –  Augusta, GAFebruary 26, 2018
I was a part of an excellent team as well as a great manager who knew how to encourage good work life balance. The culture of the company was applicable always stressing the importance of hard work so that you could have a good quality of life.
Pros
Good management team
Great place to work recommend to anyone
Process technician (Former Employee) –  Wilson, NCJanuary 26, 2018
Purdue is a great place to work. I learned a lot during my time there. Smart people in all areas, and really took the job seriously. I have worked at other companies this by far was the best.
Pros
Free lunch every month, Great work life balace, pay was very competitive
Cons
None!
Nice view of Long Island
Clinical Database Programmer - Contract (Former Employee) –  Stamford, CTDecember 13, 2017
It was right in the heart of town and an easy walk to all the amenities and place to live. They had a nice lunch service with very reasonable prices.
Pros
Nice lunchroom sevice
Cons
Not sure when there will lay offs
Great place to work, great people always make the difference.
Territory Business Manager (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTDecember 7, 2017
Great place to work. Great local and regional managers. The company has good direction and goals. The company is agile and adaptable with changing market conditions. There is a positive culture of success, good collaboration and willingness to be successful.
Pros
Good Management that is experienced
Cons
Difficult marketplace to sell within.
good company
Territory Business Manager (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 19, 2017
Good company. I would recommend Purdue to anyone. Small company culture and family oriented. Great executive team which is new and ready to implement customer focused initiatives.
Toxic Culture
Pain Management Sales Specialist (Current Employee) –  Stamford, CTOctober 24, 2017
Purdue continues to create an opiate epidemic worldwide by launching non abuse detterent formulations outside the US via Mudi Pharma, even though they manufacture Oxycontin in an abuse deterrent formulation that was substituted in the US in 2010.
Great Family to work for
Senior Analyst Sales Ops (Former Employee) –  Stamford, CTSeptember 16, 2017
A typical day at work included entering literature/sample orders the SAP system and follow up to be sure the person received the correct material. In general, the colleagues were pleasant and easy to work with. I learned Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Access. I became more accustomed/comfortable and proficient in the Microsoft suite of programs.
Pros
Flexible work hours, employee cafeteria
Great work schedule
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Wilson, NCSeptember 12, 2017
4 10 hour days was a great shift to work. Free ice cream each week during the summer. Birthday lunch the last Thursday of each week. Very clean facility.