Purdue University Global Employee Reviews

Horrible and draining
Senior Admissions Advisor (Former Employee) –  FloridaApril 12, 2019
It was like having your life being sucked out of you one mouse click at a time. If they want you to succeeded, then you will.
It's more about who you know than what you know.
And they do discriminate at the lower level of management. If your not a certain color shade, forget it!
Pros
Work hours can be flexable
Cons
Everything else. It's really just another call center.
It's a great place to work
Admissions Advisor (Current Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLApril 1, 2019
It's a great company with good managers. They really seem to care about their employees. I would recommend them for someone else. again, I did not want to do this review
I am only a student.
Student (Current Employee) –  West Lafayette, INMarch 31, 2019
This school has been very supportive, and has worked with my life and work schedule. My student adviser assists me with my ongoing progress, as well as helping me stay on a plan to graduate in a time that agrees with my life style.
Admissions Rep
Admissions Representative (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLMarch 27, 2019
Cool people and a nice environment, It is basically a call center for online university programs. Don't expect much. Mediocre management and typical call center metrics and goals. Don't hit numbers and your out. Nice as a layover job!
Pros
Cool people and a nice environment
Cons
Mediocre management and typical call center environment
It’s hard to have work life balance when you’re not sure if you’re going to have a job.
Admissions Advisor (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLMarch 22, 2019
The pay is ok, but honestly, this is a sales position, and for that you would be better off making commission.
The expectations of the job change constantly, and many employees don’t know where they stand as far as performance. There are metrics to meet, based on an ambiguous scorecard, that has changed twice in the last 6 months. If you can get written up (based on metrics) every three months, and fired on the second write-up, you may see how the changes in scoring could be jarring. And no one in management can explain how the scoring works.
The phrase “at the moment” is used to explain these changes and to ask employees to be adaptable. But it is really a bulldozer for any boundaries that an employee can expect to set, in order to attain work-life balance. “At the moment” means that expectations for performance can be changed on a dime, and even something as stabilizing as the days you work can be switched less than three days advance notice. Many employees have children and if they can’t change, are forced to use vacation time to compensate.
We do have paid days off but have been told we cannot ask for certain days off.
HR is hardly existent and rather unresponsive to any of these issues raised.
Pros
Pto
Cons
Bullying management, uncertainty in position
management level problems
Financial Aid Officer (Current Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLMarch 21, 2019
Prior management was not helpful and never kept promises. Had no knowledge of how the department works and was not helpful with any of the changes in process.
Pros
early shift
Cons
no work life balance
Admissions
Senior Admissions Advisor (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLMarch 21, 2019
Unattainable goals...you may sit for hours without speaking to students but will still be responsible for goals. Not only are you responsible for interviewing and enrolling the student...besides assisting with financial aid...you are responsible for the student to stay in class for over a month...u.mm..shoukd academics be responsible for this? Most students are looking for a job or just want to know when their stipend and grant is coming in ...company in itself is great...Graham Holding...but, Kaplan aka Purdue University Global is shady and there is so much talk that they are failing...many employees are afraid of school closing eventually and or massive lay offs. Speaking of lay offs...Kaplan is known that you can work for them for years and walk in and be let go in matter of seconds...they say " it is not personal, just business's...just always have a back up plan and save money bc eventually, you will be let go or laid off without notice.
Pros
Compensation, benefits...great coworkers!
Cons
Some management have no clue and pretend they know what they are doing... favoritism, job security is horrible
The Career Services Department is the best department to work in.
Career Specialist (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 7, 2019
The Career Services Department is the best department to work in if you don't mind meeting numeric goals. There is a work from home option 2 days out of the week if you meet your goals. The other departments are not given this option and have lower pay.
Pros
Free Coffee
Cons
Meeting goals can be stressful.
Innovative, supportive climate
Full Time Faculty Member (Current Employee) –  RemoteMarch 5, 2019
A typical day at work for me starts with breakfast in my home office, where I read e-mails and respond as needed, then I dig into the courses I teach and start to respond to students or grade papers. I also have presentations to create, and courses and materials to review.

I've learned that working at home and teaching online requires discipline. It is easy to go down a "rabbit hole" of searching for something not that important, or multi-tasking to a point of distraction. Now, I only listen to instrumental music while working and only allow myself a check of the day's news after I've completed certain classroom tasks.

I have had really wonderful managers while at Purdue University Global. The culture is collaborative and supportive. The hardest part of working from home is not having face-to-face contact. There are seminars and video meetings that help but no "water-cooler" talk, break room celebrations, etc. It is a trade-off for sure, but for me having a lot of personal control over my time and location is worth it.

I also believe we provide a much-needed service to adult learners who have busy lives. I love the diversity of the student body and take pride in helping students succeed. Reading "Thank you Professor", and knowing that I help to make positive differences in the lives of students are such enriching experiences!
Pros
Work-life balance, worthy mission, supportive colleagues
Cons
Lack of face-to-face contact w/colleagues
Adjunct Human Servives
PROFESSOR OF HUMAN SERVICES (Current Employee) –  RemoteMarch 4, 2019
I cannot say enough positive things about working at PG. My supervisor and mentors are amazing. The students are gracious and eager to learn. I’ve received several pay raises since I started a little over a year ago. Effort is put into making PG a supportive environment even though it’s mostly online. Love this job!
Pros
Flexible schedule, positive morale, great supervisors
Cons
I would like a full-time position
Needs to revamp leadership
Coordinator (Former Employee) –  RemoteFebruary 19, 2019
Experience depends heavily on team leads. Since Managers and team leads are not closely monitored, morale can be low and communication is nonexistent.
Pros
Work from home
Cons
Poor management
Busy work environment
Academic Advisor (Current Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLDecember 13, 2018
Partner with students at Purdue University Global to help them achieve academic success responsibilities include but are not limited to: Helping students identify challenges on their path
to graduation and resolving any immediate issues or concerns the students may have. Answer questions about students program and assist with any academic concerns that the student may have.
fun place
Admissions Advisor (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLDecember 2, 2018
Fun place to work at. I really love working here. It is a place of great opportunity. The people here are friendly and are very open to helping out our students
Great online school
Professor, Department of Criminal Justice (Current Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FL 33309November 5, 2018
Purdue is a great place to work. It is low stress and as a adjunct professor, the time needed to complete daily activities in minimal. Having worked for other online institutions, Purdue Global is one of the best.
NIce People
CAREER SERVICES COORDINATOR (Former Employee) –  Lewiston, MESeptember 29, 2018
The culture here is pretty good. You will do well if you are willing to accept the ways that private education works. The entry exam was extremely easy so there are a lot of students that need a lot of assistance and may not profit from their degree.
Good energy and good people
Temporary Maintenance (Current Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLSeptember 5, 2018
Since i started working at Purdue I would have to say that the people are nice, respectful and kind. I was able to quickly make friends here and help out more people the more i came to work the more i saw how everyone else is
Exciting future
Admissions Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Cedar Falls, IAAugust 24, 2018
This company has an exciting future for it's students and employees. Big changes for both online and on ground learning centers make every day a new and challenging day.
Collaborative
Professor of Applied Behavior Analysis (Current Employee) –  OnlineAugust 23, 2018
The most enjoyable part of the job is the interaction with colleagues and students. Also, the push to meet conference presentation expectations has allowed me to present information on subjects important to behavior analysis.

The hardest part of the job is the hierarchy.
Pros
Collaboration with colleagues
Cons
Hierarchy
Great online teaching experience.
Adjunct Professor, Kaplan/Purdue Global (Current Employee) –  OnlineAugust 16, 2018
I love Purdue Global!
Great management
Good learning and professional development
Great students
nice platform
Good communication
Great curriculum
Prestige Brand
Great technical support
Pros
asyncronous work!
Cons
Overall good organization to work for
Military Admission's Adviser (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJuly 26, 2018
Newly structured...implementing changes in phases. Better communication throughout the organization.
Excellent trainers and facilitators, due to acquisition a lot changes are underway.
Pros
Great company
Cons
Better communication