Purdue University Global Employee Review

View all Purdue University Global reviews

Innovative, supportive climate
Full Time Faculty Member (Current Employee) –  RemoteMarch 5, 2019
A typical day at work for me starts with breakfast in my home office, where I read e-mails and respond as needed, then I dig into the courses I teach and start to respond to students or grade papers. I also have presentations to create, and courses and materials to review.

I've learned that working at home and teaching online requires discipline. It is easy to go down a "rabbit hole" of searching for something not that important, or multi-tasking to a point of distraction. Now, I only listen to instrumental music while working and only allow myself a check of the day's news after I've completed certain classroom tasks.

I have had really wonderful managers while at Purdue University Global. The culture is collaborative and supportive. The hardest part of working from home is not having face-to-face contact. There are seminars and video meetings that help but no "water-cooler" talk, break room celebrations, etc. It is a trade-off for sure, but for me having a lot of personal control over my time and location is worth it.

I also believe we provide a much-needed service to adult learners who have busy lives. I love the diversity of the student body and take pride in helping students succeed. Reading "Thank you Professor", and knowing that I help to make positive differences in the lives of students are such enriching experiences!
Pros
Work-life balance, worthy mission, supportive colleagues
Cons
Lack of face-to-face contact w/colleagues

Other Purdue University Global Employee Reviews

Very busy
Nursing Faculty/Lab and Simulation Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Augusta, MEMay 17, 2019
The hardest part about this job is the time required to conplete grading, planning, etc. You really don't have a day off and vacations are scheduled during the term and you do not have coverage and must re-arrange the schedule yourself.
Pros
Great co-workers
Cons
Time committment
Horrible and draining
Senior Admissions Advisor (Former Employee) –  FloridaApril 12, 2019
It was like having your life being sucked out of you one mouse click at a time. If they want you to succeeded, then you will.
It's more about who you know than what you know.
And they do discriminate at the lower level of management. If your not a certain color shade, forget it!
Pros
Work hours can be flexable
Cons
Everything else. It's really just another call center.