Purdue University Employee Reviews

Found 1,047 reviews matching the search See all 1,054 reviews
First Class University
Treasurer, BoilerOut (Current Employee) –  West Lafayette, INAugust 20, 2019
Boiler out organises and executes community service projects in the greater Lafayette community ranging from tasks that include but not limited to feeding the homeless etc.
Energized University Atmosphere
Senior Assistant Director (Former Employee) –  West Lafayette, INAugust 19, 2019
I enjoyed my time on campus, however wished that the employment experience was focused on as closely as the student experience. You'll struggle to find more passionate people who pride themselves on ensuring fulfilling and robust student experience than the staff on campus.
Good research culture
Graduate Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  West Lafayette, INAugust 13, 2019
The chemistry department provided me with all the necessary tools to advance in science. More career fair should be done for scientist. I feel like only engineers are cared for.
On campus jobs
Club Sports Supervisor (Former Employee) –  West Lafayette, INAugust 9, 2019
Overall, with any of the on campus jobs are very relaxing and not hard to complete. The supervisors are easy to work with and very understanding that you are a student first and it is a campus job.
Great place to work and professional development is offered! That is a bonus!
Hospitality Services Clerk V (Current Employee) –  West Lafayette, INAugust 5, 2019
Great work environment, professional development opportunities; my supervisors are supportive. Co-workers are friendly. Flexible backup and cross training.
Worked there for 2 years and was bullied and discriminated against
Recpetionist (Former Employee) –  West Lafayette, INAugust 4, 2019
I worked there for 2 years and loved my job- The co-workers were another story. I battled through 2 years of workplace bullying from 2 certain co-workers- was assaulted by one--- complained numerous times and nothing was ever done about it. Finally when I had to take time off from work to take care of a medical problem. They let me go while on medical leave.
It's all according to where you work
Account Clerk V (Former Employee) –  West Lafayette, INJuly 27, 2019
Most of the university areas are great. But honestly some of the women there are mean and catty. Why can't people be adults and work and not act like you're in high school
Pros
Some areas are awesome
Cons
some are not with catty people
Great Starting job.
Custodian (Former Employee) –  West Lafayette, INJuly 18, 2019
Purdue was a great place to be employed. Work days were very enjoyable. Professors and students are willing to talk if they have the time. The only thing I did not like was my pay.
Research Assistant
Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  West Lafayette, INJuly 9, 2019
Work was always something new each week, giving time to learn new techniques while also honing those previously learned. Lots of opportunities for dabbling in several projects as the professor always had something that could be worked on. Days could be long trying to meet deadlines, but the coworkers made a friendly and fun work environment. Each coworker was very different. But brought new skills they were willing to teach others. Overall a very enjoyable experience.
It was a good work site
Custodian (Former Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INJuly 9, 2019
I made friends w my co workers and enjoyed my job I ate at the resturant and the food was amazing and I got discount at the bookstores on drinks and other school supplies
Very good
Senior Design: Intelligent Coffee Machine (Former Employee) –  West Lafayette, INJuly 6, 2019
Purdue is very strong in its engineering, and I took a lot of advantage in gaining hands on experiences and learn theoretical stuff. The location is nice as it prevents you from being distracted.
This is such a poor management structure place! Their evaluation of productivity don’t involve how great you are it’s just about numbers! RUN!
Admissions Counselor (Current Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLJuly 6, 2019
It’s a great thing changing people lives but when management don’t care and all they care about is numbers you loose morale! Many employees who been there for years said it was a great place but now all they care about is terminating you because of their inaccurate productivity system! My advice to you is keep away from Admissions st Purdue Global! God knows we are all trying to get out of their!!
Great place to work with a few exceptions
Educational Technologist (Current Employee) –  West Lafayette, INJuly 5, 2019
Purdue is a large University so my experience is not so in all places. Good benefits with no opportunity for advancement and low pay. Good management.
Productive and advocate for self-improvement
Advanced Manufacturing Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  West Lafayette, INJuly 3, 2019
The work hours are flexible to avoid clashing with class hours. Working part-time in Labs are helpful with projects. Productive and not stressful during working hours.
Great Place to Work
Sports Event Manager (Former Employee) –  West Lafayette, INJuly 2, 2019
I spent 11 years at Purdue in Athletics. I wish i had not left but with a new AD and upper management, opportunities were drying up. Still the best job i ever had.
Line Leader/Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Dillon, SCJune 26, 2019
Relaxed and great people staff is always there to help when you need them you get two thirty minute breaks and have a facility to eat there on location
Brutal Place to Work
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  West Lafayette, INJune 25, 2019
This place was a nightmare to me. They took everything from me.

The only thing this place cares about is engineering. Maybe it's nice to work there. Otherwise, you will be exploited. You will be poor. You will be taken advantage of, libeled, hurt, and degraded.
Constant Intimidation
Teacher (Current Employee) –  West Lafayette, INJune 25, 2019
This experience to me was the epitome of an academic nightmare. There was constant intimidation towards me, particularly starting my career at a low ranking. There was never any certainty year-to-year about renewal.

The worst however was the disrespect. Upon switching managers, I had to wait three months -- 3 MONTHS -- to even schedule a meeting with the new manager (despite having been here over six years now).

I've also had work plagiarized by higher up colleagues and been generally ignored. This was the nightmare experience of my life.
I enjoyed working at Purdue University.
Instructional Designer (Former Employee) –  West Lafayette, INJune 18, 2019
There is one conference trip opportunity every year; I can request to attend webinars, order books, etc. for other professional development opportunities; my supervisors are supportive. Co-workers are friendly.
Pros
team work
Cons
the position does not sponsor permanent residency application for this position. - school policy.
Strong committment and value
Professor (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXJune 15, 2019
Very strong committment and value is shared by instructors, staff, volunteers and full educational community. Staff is well trained and look for new opportunities.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Purdue University. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2

Women's ratings

3.3Fairygodboss Score

57%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

57%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss