Pure barre Employee Reviews

Depends on who your studio owners are
Barre Tender (Front Desk) (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CASeptember 3, 2019
It’s all a relative experience depending on the location you’re working in. For instance for the locations that I was employed for, I wouldn’t recommend it. I say this due to my owners not really being knowledgeable on how to run a business, lacking proper communication tactics and breeding & encouraging all around unprofessionalism throughout their studios. My particular owners would get upset if you did not answer your Slack messages although you were off the clock. They also would take forever to respond to employees Slack messages concerning studio and client issues. There was so much lack of communication, it wasn’t funny. Honestly I would avoid working there at all costs and tell anyone the same. Since I have left I’m no longer stressed and can sleep peacefully at night. Great place to workout, awful place to work .
Aweful place to spend your career
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Colleyville, TXAugust 10, 2019
I worked here as the sales manager in Colleyville. It was a JOKE with no direction. Lack of support. On top that they didn't pay me. I had to call TWC
Extra work no pay.
GROUP CLASS INSTRUCTOR (Former Employee) –  New York StateJune 10, 2019
Avoid it if you could do barre training stay with classic. long study times that do not allow for any other work but this is part time job. low pay based on group fitness rates. better work for Lifetime, or a large gym and do training else where. if you quit, you have to pay back for training close to $2500! Make sure owner manager has fitness background and has knowledge about running a fitness oriented business. its a franchise so there is limitations on pay/advancement/everything. but a good owner will be able to run it smoothly. i was there only 6 months and 3 other instructors left too!

left the company since management did not care for safety of the participants in class, cared more about bodies being in the studio than quality of class. sometimes 30+ people attended open houses. not safe, age range as well as many prenatal clients were in class.
Pros
take free classes but even that got old., you have no time
Cons
long study hours, expected to know literally everything. management needs improvewment
Micromanagement
Barre Instructor (Former Employee) –  Manhasset, NYMay 28, 2019
if you like to be micromanaged, then apply. Every word you say in class is criticized, stuck memorizing verbatim, and repetitive. Often hear more cons about your teaching than your pros.
Pros
Teaching
Cons
Shortened hip flexors
Great work environment, motivating, and friendly.
Fitness Instructor (Current Employee) –  Oviedo, FLMay 7, 2019
I learned how to work with clients and teach modifications for people with injuries. The environment was positive and gave me an opportunity to work out. During a typical day, I will greet and talk to customers and teach classes.
great place to work
Receptionist/ Sales (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLApril 17, 2019
Worked here throughout college. A great environment with great people. Very friendly staff and management. Great mentoring to learn and also you can workout for free if you work there.
Pros
Free classes
Cons
Hours
No work/life balance for my position
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Saint Johns, FLMarch 1, 2019
Pure Barre is an amazing method of exercise
Safe and effective

Job requires too many hours. I value my family and being a wife. I was coming home, showering and going to bed. I was not able to go to Church due to working 8-11on Sunday’s. When you do the math, the number of hours /salary, I made $12 an hour. There could have been solutions to make my job work.
I was frustrated due to the fact that I was never trained on operational task. I do believe the studio I was hired at is a unique situation. I met other owners/GM’s and they found solutions and worked together. I was asked to provide information to corporate that I was never taught how to obtain. It was very stressful.

Instructors are incredible and work super hard to perfect their skill and Pure Barre is something I will do as long as I am physically able. I did not ask enough questions upon hire. Just make sure you are informed before accepting a management position.
Pros
Community of Members and Instructors
Cons
Hours
Works directly with the owner
Key Holder and Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLJanuary 3, 2019
This can be a pro and a con when it comes to working directly with the franchise owner. Being that the owner had poor management skills this made it difficult to perform my job confidently.
Provides Community
Desk Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Columbia, MODecember 17, 2018
This job was a wonderful way to make a bigger town feel small. Everyone was warm and welcoming. You were able to meet so many lovely people and immerse yourself within the community.
Pros
People, Workout, Discounts
Cons
Part-Time
Flexible and Fun
Opener and closer (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLDecember 10, 2018
Really interesting meeting all of the clients at Pure Barre. Very helpful management and a positive working environment that encourages you and promotes an alternative way to work out.
Terrible place to work
Instructor (Former Employee) –  Boca RatonDecember 8, 2018
Poor management, poor model, terrible product. They take on anyone and then hold you to a 1 year contract and then threaten to sue if you leave before that.
Fun and caring job
Group Fitness Instructor (Current Employee) –  Manhasset, NYOctober 17, 2018
My typical day at work consists of going in half and hour before my scheduled class to speak with the clients and make sure they are comfortable before class. I create a new class to teach every day. The management at pure barre is amazing. The owners are extremely lenient and kind. I have never been part of a more amazing work environment! Being at pure barre feels like a home away from home, it has a family setting. The hardest part of the job is creating the classes and making sure it flows. The most enjoyable part of the job is teaching and interacting with the clients
Pros
Great work environment
Cons
only part time
Fun place to work
Accounts Payable Analyst (Current Employee) –  Denver, COOctober 11, 2018
Great people and great place to work. Family orientated. Everybody is pulling towards one common goal. Management is great and fun to work for. hardest part is managing all the different vendors.
Pros
relaxed atmosphere
Cons
being bought
Great place to work!
Front Desk Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Deerfield, ILAugust 22, 2018
Pure Barre is an amazing place to work! The owner, Jess, is simply the best, and the other employees, as well as the clients, are wonderful! Everyone is there to help out everyone else, and teamwork is highly valued!
Pure Barre is not for everyonel
BARRE TEACHER (Current Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 19, 2018
Learning a lot of routines for little pay. The nice part is free classes! The bad part is little pay for the ton of work. This is not a long-term job option. It's a great learning option and allows you to become confident in commanding a room.
Barre Tender
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Plano, TXAugust 17, 2018
Pure Barre is a great environment to work in and everyone on staff is very encouraging. A job on the desk staff is no easy but not bad if you are a quick learner. Must pay attention to detail and welcome clients with open arms no matter how difficult they are to work with. Clients see the person at the desk first thing when they walk in so it is important that whoever is at the desk is on top of their game at all times. The management is fantastic to work for. The hardest part of the job is when one initially starts because there's a lot to remember but once you do it every day, it becomes second nature. The staff, the clients and the free employee classes make working there worth it.
Pros
Free classes for staff and great community.
Cons
No benefits and no raises for desk staff.
Great Team!
Barre Instructor (Current Employee) –  Williamsville, NYJune 18, 2018
Pure Barre is an excellent work environment. You get to interact with clients as well as receive useful training that can be applied to other jobs. The owner is fair and is willing to go above and beyond!
Pros
Discounts on retail
Cons
I wish it was full-time!
Relaxing and encouraging workplace with caring people
Desk work (Current Employee) –  Madison, ALJune 7, 2018
Pure Barre is a workout/fitness studio full of wonderful clients and coworkers. I greet clients, sell retail and workout packages. I have thoroughly enjoyed working in this fun filled atmosphere.
Pros
free membership with unlimited work out classes
AMAZING Team and Clients
RECEPTIONIST (Former Employee) –  Tustin, CAMay 9, 2018
At Pure Barre everyone from coworkers to clients are so sweet and kind. It really is like a small family. A typical day depending on your position involves interaction guests.
Pros
Discounts
Very Productive
Engaged customers in retail sales (Former Employee) –  High Point, NCApril 10, 2018
I absolutely loved working at Pure Barre and I would go back in a heartbeat. I loved the excersie environment as well as making a personal connection with each costumer.