Pure barre Employee Reviews for Fitness Instructor

Extra work no pay.
GROUP CLASS INSTRUCTOR (Former Employee) –  New York StateJune 10, 2019
Avoid it if you could do barre training stay with classic. long study times that do not allow for any other work but this is part time job. low pay based on group fitness rates. better work for Lifetime, or a large gym and do training else where. if you quit, you have to pay back for training close to $2500! Make sure owner manager has fitness background and has knowledge about running a fitness oriented business. its a franchise so there is limitations on pay/advancement/everything. but a good owner will be able to run it smoothly. i was there only 6 months and 3 other instructors left too!

left the company since management did not care for safety of the participants in class, cared more about bodies being in the studio than quality of class. sometimes 30+ people attended open houses. not safe, age range as well as many prenatal clients were in class.
Pros
take free classes but even that got old., you have no time
Cons
long study hours, expected to know literally everything. management needs improvewment
Fun and caring job
Group Fitness Instructor (Current Employee) –  Manhasset, NYOctober 17, 2018
My typical day at work consists of going in half and hour before my scheduled class to speak with the clients and make sure they are comfortable before class. I create a new class to teach every day. The management at pure barre is amazing. The owners are extremely lenient and kind. I have never been part of a more amazing work environment! Being at pure barre feels like a home away from home, it has a family setting. The hardest part of the job is creating the classes and making sure it flows. The most enjoyable part of the job is teaching and interacting with the clients
Pros
Great work environment
Cons
only part time
Encouraging and upbeat
Fitness Instructor (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHApril 13, 2017
Being apart of the Pure Barre team has given me the opportunity to understand, and implement the necessary steps in order to further grow a company. I first started with Pure Barre as a social media, and client management associate. With this position, I apply my strategic business skills to assist in company awareness and growth. Also, I engage in customer relations and make sure to maintain a well-organized system to keep the studio running smoothly. After a little less than a year of effectively managing these tasks, I was offered an additional role as a fitness instructor. With this new position, I am additionally responsible for planning and presenting a unique fitness routine for clients. Over all, this job has given me the customer service, organization, communication, and strategic skills.
Great Studio
Exercise Instructor (Current Employee) –  Redondo Beach, CaAugust 10, 2015
This job title literally fell into my lap. My friend, now studio owner, wanted to surround herself with employees she could trust and rely on. This is where I came in. I was familiar with the workout and was actively taking classes with my friend. Although I had no experience teaching exercise classes, nor a dance background, I knew I was up for the challenge. Five years later, the studio is going strong, I have huge client following and I LOVE IT!

I truly believe in the philosophy behind the workout and and grateful to be leading my clients through this great, effective workout day in and day out.
Pros
Free membership, connecting with clients, flexibility
Cons
part time work
Fun, positive, and uplifting environment!
Assistant Manager/Fitness Instructor- Part time (Current Employee) –  Madison, ALNovember 27, 2012
Pure Barre is a wonderful, judge free environment to come in and workout. Working with people on a day to day basis is the best part of working with people. I love to motivate people and watch them improve. The instructors are all so great and personable!
Pros
it's always an amazing thing to have such a great group of co-worker's
Cons
strain on the body