Pure barre Employee Reviews for Instructor

Micromanagement
Barre Instructor (Former Employee) –  Manhasset, NYMay 28, 2019
if you like to be micromanaged, then apply. Every word you say in class is criticized, stuck memorizing verbatim, and repetitive. Often hear more cons about your teaching than your pros.
Pros
Teaching
Cons
Shortened hip flexors
Terrible place to work
Instructor (Former Employee) –  Boca RatonDecember 8, 2018
Poor management, poor model, terrible product. They take on anyone and then hold you to a 1 year contract and then threaten to sue if you leave before that.
Fun Part Time Job, Not Ideal for Full Time
Instructor (Former Employee) –  Sarasota, FLFebruary 28, 2018
Ideal part time job! It's usually flexible, you can attend free classes and it's a great way to get involved with your community. Difficult to be full time as most studios do not have a large number of classes amongst teachers, and there's hardly any room for advancement
Pros
Pure Barre Fun
Cons
Not compensated for planning classes outside of studio
Workplace Culture
Instructor (Former Employee) –  FloridaApril 21, 2017
Management was professional, always got the job done and made sure employees and clients were always happy. That was the only thing good about the company.
Awesome workplace
Certified Instructor (Current Employee) –  Oxford, MSDecember 22, 2016
High energy company providing an amazing workout that's different every class. Full of hard working instructors and the most dedicated clients. Great place to work
Great atmosphere with amazing clients and work staff.
Instructor - East Greenwich and Cranston (Current Employee) –  Cranston, RIMay 27, 2015
I teach at least three classes a day, where I am previously prepared for and the clients really appreciate that. I come in and talk with my co-workers and greet clients and talk to them about their day and set them up for class. I've learned so much about client appreciation and what it takes to run a business, because sometimes I am the only one at the studio- taking care of checking clients in, ringing out their purchases, all while I am getting ready for my hour work out class to start. I enjoy teaching every single client and getting to know their work-out style individually so I am able to enhance their experience at Pure Barre.
Pros
Great bosses, and co-workers.
Cons
Not enough hours
Amazing Energy & Management
Instructor/Teacher (Current Employee) –  Sarasota, FlMay 5, 2015
Love working for this company. It's not about the pay at a teacher level but about the experience and ability to love what you do. It's flexible and there is no other work out like it. It is a job you can feel passionate about. Great company morals and ethics.
Productive and Fun
Pure Barre Instructor (Current Employee) –  Manhasset, NYOctober 22, 2014
I love being able to be a leader and teaching others. It is a fun and enjoyable atmosphere working here. I like the family and homey aspect of this location, both employees and clients are fabulous and welcoming. Although its fun, i am constantly reviewing and teaching myself routines to better my performance as a teacher so clients can get the best possible instruction and workout possible.
Pros
Free class
Cons
Warm environment and positive energy
Level 1 Barre Instructor (Current Employee) –  Mill Valley, CAJanuary 3, 2014
A typical day in the studio is greeting clients, having conversation with them, making them feel welcome, prepping the studio for class and then having a class in session. It's a very friendly, family feeling environment. Music is always playing, keeping a positive vibe. Management is equal with everyone and one with clientele. All of the employees have built loyal friendships and work together. They work equally hard to get all of the jobs done. The hardest part of the job is walking into the room before class and knowing that I am in charge and not to let any doubt come in between me and my class.The most enjoyable part of the job is knowing that I have this family of women, who believe in the same things about health and fitness lifestyle that I believe in and most importantly, they truly believe in me.
Pros
Free classes
Cons
Minimal hours available for work