Pure Romance Employee Reviews

4.3
Ratings breakdown
Terrible Management, Horrible Culture
Mid-level Employee (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJuly 17, 2018
It's not difficult to see that a privately-owned company headed by egomaniacs is never a good place to be, particularly when the purse strings of the company are largely controlled by private equity groups.

The capriciousness, immaturity and pettiness trickles down to middle management and instills a blatant disregard for the dignity and respect of the employees. Extreme drama reigns at Pure Romance, and always will.

The culture is horrendous, with everyone bending to the whims of an unpredictable CEO and politically-charged upper management. As a middle-level employee, your duty is to fawn over the Executive Team, and drop everything you're doing to please them. It is not uncommon for the CEO to call all-staff meetings early in the morning in order to lash out at all employees, always reminding all of the importance and vision of the leadership.

The reason most of the reviews on this site are favorable is because they've been written by mostly "Consultants" who hold the parties and sell the products, rather than true employees who are in the office every day and see the dysfunction firsthand. If this review is deleted, it'll be only because of the overwhelming ego of those at the top, and their need for self-aggrandizing praise and positive reinforcement.
Pros
Cons
Too many to list: terrible culture, mislead middle management, egotistical executives, lack of direction, no clear path to advancement
Great place to work if you have no life
Warehouse Associate (Current Employee) –  Loveland, OHJuly 1, 2018
Low pay, hard and unpredictable hours, stressful work environment, short staffed, poor management, and occasionally you may be required work 14 days straight.
Fun
Direct Sales (Former Employee) –  Barberton, OHJune 20, 2018
Working for Pure Romance was fun; but if you don't have customers helping you get your name out as a consultant you can sink in the company real fast. The more outgoing the better you do.
I love the team spirit built inside this company. The sisterhood we have is incredible. We work together and build the company as one.
Advanced Consultant (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJune 19, 2018
I am proud to be apart of this exciting company. The amount I learned is more then I ever figured I would. Hands on meetings and training. Inspirational speakers and doctors.
Fun, Freedom, & Family
OWNER (Current Employee) –  Spokane, WAJune 19, 2018
Freedom to spend time with your family. You work what you want. Depending on what you work is how much you get paid. Its definitely fun atmosphere and you get to meet a lot of new people.
Great Company to be a part of.
Owner/Consultant (Current Employee) –  Rock Hill, SCJune 11, 2018
Pure Romance is a chance to start a independent business but you will never be alone. The Support is Amazing. Easy start up, step by step training. Team players.
Pros
Win Trips
Cons
N/a
Couldnt find a team that wasnt a sisterhood already without me in it
Advanced Sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLJune 11, 2018
If you have the motivation and the desire, go for it.

I thought it would be more about me and my career, and somehow it became all about the hashtags and corporate wine events. I wasn't in a sorority in college for a reason, and I didn't join the company to be in one as an adult.
Pros
Sisterhood
Cons
Sisterhood
Great Company to work for.
Consultant (Current Employee) –  Canton, OHJune 1, 2018
Great Company, so much training to help you. Helpful staff. The CEO is so inspiring and a great motivator! My confedence has gone through the roof since working with Pure Romance. I have made great life long freinds!
Pros
Personable, fun, great money
Fun place to work with a flexible schedule
direct sales professional (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHMay 4, 2018
I do a lot of my work from work which provides a flexible schedule to easily work around family life. I market myself, follow up with clients, and work with my team members. Most of my bread and butter come from the in home parties we do. This job has given me back some independence and provided me with self confidence. The hardest part about the job is there is no grantees that you are going to make money at Every party.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
The traveling for parties
hi
Consultant (Contract) (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHApril 28, 2018
wasn't getting enough sales so I stopped selling the product it's a good company to work for but not in a small town where many people didn't want to buy this type of product
Skillful, nice
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIMarch 6, 2018
Pure Romance is an amazing job to start if you are looking to be an assistant, or even start your own business. This job teaches you so many skills such as commutations, presentation, mental math, power point, Microsoft office, and invetory count.
Fun, energetic, entertaining atmostphere
Business Owner/Senior Consultant (Former Employee) –  Stafford, VAFebruary 22, 2018
Pure Romance had very flexible hours where you got to make your own schedule. Everything was up to you, how much to work, when to work. There was a great sisterhood of consultants supporting each other.
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
at the mercy of other people to keep their commitments
Great direct sales job
Consultant/Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYFebruary 22, 2018
Pre Romance is a direct sales company that helps their agents feel respected wanted and taken care of. The company makes sure you’re paid out on time, rewarded highly, and known.
Pros
Discounts
excellent for supplemental income
Business Owner/Consultant (Current Employee) –  AnywhereFebruary 16, 2018
this job is excellent for those of whom are stay at home moms or just wan to supplement their income. i would not recomend as a full time job only because it is difficult to generate leads.
Pros
discounts, sisterhood, market training
Cons
difficult generaing leads for my age range
Productive and fun.
Consultant (Current Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IAJanuary 14, 2018
Meet a lot of great people. Lots of networking. Opportunities to build many relationships. You get to know your clients. Help educate and empowering women.
Pros
Discounts. Vacations, Great people, Great learning experience, Great products, Lots of networking, Some benefits.
Cons
Building and keeping clientele can be difficult but very much doable.
Have alot of fun
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Flint, MIJanuary 8, 2018
This is a home based business. I make my own schedule work as much or as little as i want. Its comission based pay. That's what makes it hard now because with the economy dropping I have lost a lot of customers which means I lost a lot of money.
Pros
Own business
Cons
Lack of customers and money
love it
Pure romance (Current Employee) –  New Britain, CTJanuary 5, 2018
I really do love this job, I really can said that I want everybody to give it a try I love to educate my girls in what is to give pleasure to the person you love or to your own self.
Flexible part time and fun
Independent Advanced Consultant (Current Employee) –  Sharpsburg, GAJanuary 3, 2018
As a consultant for Pure Romance, I create my own hours and set my own schedule. It is up to me as to how much money I earn. I earn money by having parties to educate, enhance and empower women's lives.
Pros
Going to work is going to a party!
Cons
None!
sucks
Saleswoman/Business owner (Current Employee) –  Springfield, ILJanuary 2, 2018
this place sucks, they say you get to run your own company but they take away your business if you don't sell what THEY want which is funny since it is supposed to be MY business
productive fun experience
sales consultant (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GADecember 3, 2017
Pure romance is an self employed company with variety of group events throughout the united states that all are welcome to. Working with pure romance gave me a chance to get to learn people and their personal interest. Very different experience also it helps build your sale skills. Since pure romance as a self employed position I was able to manage myself. the hardest part working through them is trying to keep and maintain customers and the best part is communicating with the customers and being hands on with the products.
Pros
work on your own time
Cons
keeping a decent amount of customers

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Pure Romance. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

4.2InHerSight Score

4.2Personal Development

4.5Career Opportunities

4.1Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight