Puritan Financial Companies, Inc Employee Reviews

Great place to gain new agent experience
District Manager (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXJanuary 2, 2019
Puritan was a great company that offered advancements, company sponsored events, and a great learning experience. Company is under new management and that is where my experience stops.
Good People, But it's sales
Certified Field Trainer/Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNSeptember 24, 2018
They're a good company trying to do right by people, but at the end of the day, they're trying to make money. Sometimes making money and helping people can be a bit incongruent.
Great Place
Account Executive (Current Employee) –  Plano, TXJuly 19, 2018
Love working here. Has a ton of great opportunities. The people are great to work with. Love the home office, this is the best place to learn the financial industry without going broke.
Pros
Education
Cons
Driving
Challenging but potentially rewarding
District Manager (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNJuly 16, 2018
The culture is based on a learning curve/career development ladder that takes you from inexperienced to management level over time. All growth is based on your sales abilities. The comradery at upper levels is pleasant, once you get to that level.
Pros
gain experience in a fast-paced sales environment
Cons
As you rise, work-life balance crashes
this is not a good job unless you like to lie
Senior account rep (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJuly 6, 2018
you will travel 900 miles a week or more in your own car they treat you like a child and then want you to lie to the clients to get them to buy products that most of the time they have no need for
long days driving- also depends on the manager if you make it or not.
INSURANCE AGENT (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXMay 14, 2018
Its sad that as a new agent, you are told to go out and sell products that are not in the clients best interest. the agents are basically "Churning" and are told they are helping the customers and their family's. Its basically a "Trust Mill"
THe driving is excessive with reimbursement being $q5.00 per appointment (2 per day) most of which are at least 1 1/2 hrs away sometimes more.
Good opportunity to grow!
Sr. Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INMarch 19, 2018
Like many other opportunities, it is what you make of it! With that being said, if you have a strong work ethic, you can develop many skills and great experience, if you're motivated. This type of position requires a lot of travel and dedication, so if you're looking for an easy paycheck, and a 9-5 job, this isn't a job for you.
Pros
Full Benefits
Cons
Time Consuming
It insurance
Insurance Sales Agent (Former Employee) –  Addison, TXFebruary 19, 2018
The company does all the marketing for you. Because of this your compensation is relatively low. There is weekly training which is great. You use your own car.
Great Place to work
Marketing (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXFebruary 11, 2018
Truly enjoyed this job. The environment was so upbeat and friendly. All co workers got along and all became friends. The job could become stressful at time, but with a little encouragement the job got done. I loved what I did and the schedule. If I could find a job just like this I would be extremely happy.
Road warrior culture
Senior Account Executive/Certified Field Trainer (Former Employee) –  IndianaFebruary 10, 2018
While at Puritan Financial, the company transitioned management/ownership that effected the culture and the position I was a part of. It went from a heavy travel position to a pure road warrior position without the typical increase in rewards that taking on that type of role includes.
Just stay away
District Manager (Current Employee) –  Plano, TXJanuary 18, 2018
Poor management, no advancement, lousy benefit package, terrible compensation. It's not even a good stepping stone for someone just graduating from college.
Small, but great
IT Help Desk (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXJanuary 12, 2018
Working at Puritan in the main office was quite nice. The Office was quiet mostly and made it very easy to get work done.The staff was very nice as well.
Good place to work for people starting their careers.
Certified Field Trainer (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 23, 2017
They provide the tools and training to learn their system and their clients. The job is different every day, in that you never know when you will be off. The frustrating part is that there are no standard management procedures. I have had three managers and all have been different in what they expect and how they communicate with their employees.
An amazing place to work that matches my personal values!
HR Generalist/Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Plano, TXJuly 31, 2017
I have only been with Puritan for about 90 days, but I have absolutely loved it! The culture is fantastic and the everyone is so friendly and welcoming. The management is great, especially my direct supervisor, who let's me work at my own pace and doesn't micromanage me one bit. Since I have been working at Puritan I have had the opportunity to head a major project with full backing and trust from the CEO, company Owner and the HR Director. My ideas are welcomed and I have been able to thrive at Puritan because this company takes care of their own. Puritan follows the golden rule, and that refers to all employees as well as our customers. I have had jobs in the past that I have absolutely dreaded and since coming to Puritan I can say with 100% confidence that I have found my career, and am truly blessed that I am excited to go to work every morning!
Pros
Solid Pay, Great Healthcare benefits, No Micromanagment, Great work atmosphere, Great Supervisor and CEO
Cons
The one and only con I would say is that the company doesn't match the 401k, but other than that I have loved absolutely every minute of my employment at Puritan
Job
Account executive (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHOctober 25, 2016
I already did this part so I do not know what else to say, this site is either lagging or will not complete or comprehend my last review
great company
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHOctober 25, 2016
Good overall work place Fun people to be aroundWork life balance was not easySalary was way too much underpaid Good experiecne in the industry
If I could do it again, I wouldn't have applied
A great place to learn about estate planning
District Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Ontario, CASeptember 10, 2016
Run 2 pre-set appointments per day 4 days per week. I learned about estate and financial planning. The various types of life insurance and annuities. Management is very hands on. They will work with you if you need it and give you space if you don't. As a District Manager you will have to build a team of account executives under you to help you hit your quarterly production/revenue goals. The hardest part of the job is the driving. You must be a road warrior some days you will spend more time in your car then with the clients. The most enjoyable part of the job is working within the senior community to protect them from various estate and financial risks.
Pros
Company Car, expense account, pre-set appointments
Cons
Driving
Good managment, a lot of driving.
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHJune 7, 2016
A typical day included meeting with two clients and reviewing the financial well being of the client. I worked alone practically every day and really learned how to micro-manage my time. The job was very strenuous on my car.
great
Account Executive (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLNovember 12, 2015
working at puritan i great and they are very generous with time off and benefits. i would reccommend it to anyone in the job search

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Puritan Financial Companies, Inc. Our community is ready to answer.

Puritan Financial Companies, Inc Reviews by Location