Purple Cow

Purple Cow Employee Reviews

United States18 reviews
I enjoyed working at the purple cow most days. With any job There will be things that you like and you don’t like. The money you make as a server depends a whole lot on your personality. Liking kids and being super friendly even at the most stressful moments is key to being a successful server at the purple cow.
it was very messy working there. management/owners didn't really care about employees well being. the environment was fast-paced for the kind of work it was supposed to be.
I just left because I needed a better paying job. I also needed a better environment than I was in. Overall it was a good place to work but the paying wasn’t so great
i absolutely love working at purple cow fantastic people and customers. they work well with time off but also schedule you when you need it. managers are very understanding and cooperative
It was a cush job, serving and customer service come easy to me. I had to keep the bar clean and use save food handling. I made the milkshakes and deserts for the entire restraunt. I was fun.
Care to share?
Help people considering your employer. Share your experience.
Worked 60 hours a week on salary. The rate of pay per hour was well below minimum wage. The owner then wanted to pay some of the salary in cash to avoid paying employee tax to the state.
The purple cow at north little is very dysfunctional and very unorganized and not a very good work place managers not on the same page managers picking favorites in work place and they hate it when you question them
Pros
Cons
Bad management unorganized not reliable
Fun place to work, Discounts on meals, great co workers, great for high school students, not enough pay to pay bills. This would be a great second job. Do not expect a raise.
Pros
Fun environment, discounts
Cons
No hours or benifits, no room for advancement
While some of the serving staff were quite unkind, I never had a problem doing my job. The people I immediately worked with were nice. The management was both effective and laid back.
Cons
Short breaks, lack of discipline
enjoyed working with people meeting new people it was great advantage for a beginner person for someone still in school I'm a fast learner love to learn different task when we was short use to help out any means necessary
Pros
free meals
Cons
never enough staff
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Purple Cow?
Go in prep my station clean my area and begin taken orders to prepare food for the customers coming in fun working as a team stressful with the wait staff and soda jerkers
Pros
Discount lunch
Cons
short breaks
I loved the atmosphere, co workers quickly become family. Flexible hours and schedules. Great job to have along side school. Managers are open and easy to communicate.
many people were harassed by a manager, upper managament covered it up. everybody involved was told to be quiet or be fired. instead of firing the man he wasoffered theoption to resign
Cons
no breaks
Great place to work with friendly employees, the restaurant stayed busy all the time so there was never a time that I walked into work not knowing I was going to be able to leave with lots of money! Management was very flexible and wonderful to work around!
most jobs that i have gotten to be a part of, I have enjoyed. i feel that you can make any job fun and inviting. I have really enjoyed getting to know a variety of people and being able to help them in any way possible. people skills whether it may be a coworker or a guest i have gone above and beyond for, thats what i take pride in.
I enjoyed my coworkers and one of the managers. The reason I left was because of the new co-owner and the new GM they hired. They made the job miserable and no longer a fun work place. They didn't care abut working around my school schedule.
Work from 4pm to 10:30 pm at the most. The people are easy to work with and its a fun atmosphere.
Pros
free drinks
Cons
will work you if u just getting hired
This is a friendly, energetic, fast paced workplace. You are always on edge but laughing always with your amazing coworkers. There is never a dull moment. The managers are your bosses but also your friends.