purple cow Employee Reviews

Fun working place with mostly pleasant encounters.
Cashier/Server/Hostess (Current Employee) –  Seekonk, MAOctober 8, 2018
a typical day at work is comign in and clocking in. Then I would double check and make sure all of the ice creams and toppings are full. I would then go to my window and start serving customers if there was a line or helping a coworker at their window. At the end of the night, the workers split up closing duties and read over a list when we are all done. We then call out boss and check in with any problems the night held. The hardest part of my job would be dealing with some of the customers, but over time, it comes easier. The most enjoyable part of my job is my coworkers and the overall enviornment in which I work.
advantage
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, AROctober 5, 2018
enjoyed working with people meeting new people it was great advantage for a beginner person for someone still in school I'm a fast learner love to learn different task when we was short use to help out any means necessary
Pros
free meals
Cons
never enough staff
busy
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Kingsport, TNSeptember 4, 2018
when i worked there it was good at first because it worked with my school hours and everyone was so nice. after the old owners left and the new ones came in it was ok at first then it went down hill now their is new owners i don't know how they are.
Pros
good pay
Cons
i have no clue
Great place
Cashier/ Ice Cream Maker (Former Employee) –  Lewisburg, PADecember 21, 2018
The Purple Cow is a great place to work at and you will always get to work with great people. Such a fun job especially for young adults as a summer job.
Ok work place
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Mobile, ALAugust 14, 2018
Didn’t enjoy boss was very rude and stuck in his own way the workers I was surrounded with was very immature and didnt have proper training . Very poor uniforms and bad conditions to work in
Pros
Cons
Rude bosses
Business flow
Cashier/Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Pearl River, LAAugust 1, 2018
Since it is a gas station it stays pretty busy. We have side work that must be done every shift. There’s almost always something to do. For the amount of days and hours you put in the money is very little.
Stressful but love the customers
CASHIER (Current Employee) –  Mobile, ALAugust 14, 2018
Just a job that over works you, under pay you. Management is horrible, I love my customers. The employees are lazy and rude. You become nicer to life.
Pros
customers
Cons
no benefits at all
Ping Pong
Cook (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARJuly 27, 2018
Go in prep my station clean my area and begin taken orders to prepare food for the customers coming in fun working as a team stressful with the wait staff and soda jerkers
Pros
Discount lunch
Cons
short breaks
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Mobile, ALApril 5, 2018
This is a great place to work. If everyone do there job😒.an not leave everything for the graveyard shift. Other then that it's awesome.... I think I will be here for a while.
Pros
Free drinks
Cons
No breaks
Positive and encouraging work environment
Waitress (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARFebruary 27, 2018
I loved the atmosphere, co workers quickly become family. Flexible hours and schedules. Great job to have along side school. Managers are open and easy to communicate.
harassment cover up
Soda Jerk, Host (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARJanuary 17, 2018
many people were harassed by a manager, upper managament covered it up. everybody involved was told to be quiet or be fired. instead of firing the man he wasoffered theoption to resign
Cons
no breaks
Very fast paced enviornment, lots of business, and lots of money
Server (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARSeptember 1, 2017
Great place to work with friendly employees, the restaurant stayed busy all the time so there was never a time that I walked into work not knowing I was going to be able to leave with lots of money! Management was very flexible and wonderful to work around!
fun environment
Server (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARJune 19, 2017
most jobs that i have gotten to be a part of, I have enjoyed. i feel that you can make any job fun and inviting. I have really enjoyed getting to know a variety of people and being able to help them in any way possible. people skills whether it may be a coworker or a guest i have gone above and beyond for, thats what i take pride in.
1950s style restaurant
Line-Fry Cook/ Salad Prep (Former Employee) –  In the restaurantJuly 24, 2012
A typical day at work would be to work on prep for breakfast and lunch. I learned to work in a very fast-paced environment and multi-task. The management and co-workers were amazing to work with. We were like a family and worked well together as a team helping each other out when needed. The hardest part of the job was getting through lunch rush. The most enjoyable part of the day would be before we opened. Getting everything together for opening of the restaurant.
Pros
discounted food and a membership to sams club
Cons
not enough hours
Fun place to work but maybe too much fun
Waitress/Server (Former Employee) –  Fairview, TXJanuary 30, 2014
A typical day at work wasn't too busy, I would set my tables and do my side work. Once we opened it wouldn't stay too busy so I would try to stay busy and do anything to keep the place nice and presentable and help out anyone who may have needed help. I learned how to better communicate with others and to use my time much more wisely than I had before. Management was okay, they helped out as much as possible and taught me better skills to use and improve on. The co-workers were all great fun and we all learned from each other. The hardest part of the job was keeping people as happy as possible and bettering the experience for everyone. The most enjoyable part of this job was seeing the customers leaving with a great experience and wanting to come back more.
Pros
Discount food
Cons
No Breaks
customers are the best part of job
Cashier/Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Selma, ALSeptember 15, 2013
it is extremely hard to get co workers to work together. the customers are the most fun about this job. management really doesn't care about there employees and the fact that they have family and lives away from the store.
Pros
meeting people
Cons
the shifts. it is a 24/7/365 store they never close
the love for food
Server/Host/Cook (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXMarch 31, 2016
My day is always surrounded with food. I love to cook for those that came into the location. I enjoy cooking and serving our customers our fresh foods made on a daily basis. Cooking is a passion of mine that i have always enjoyed.
Pros
learning to cook different meals
Cons
no benefits
Not a life career job
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Hot Springs, ARJanuary 2, 2017
I enjoyed my coworkers and one of the managers. The reason I left was because of the new co-owner and the new GM they hired. They made the job miserable and no longer a fun work place. They didn't care abut working around my school schedule.
i would work there under higher standards
Server (Former Employee) –  Fairfield, MESeptember 6, 2013
I enjoy my work in the restaurant field, most were pleasant to work with...the discipline was weak. which made for a hard day at times. management was weak. I enjoyed working with my boss (owner) the most.
Pros
ejoyed my job
Cons
weak managment
Many Things To Say
Hostess and Server Aide (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, AROctober 14, 2013
This is a friendly, energetic, fast paced workplace. You are always on edge but laughing always with your amazing coworkers. There is never a dull moment. The managers are your bosses but also your friends.