Putnam Investments Employee Reviews

Great company and culture
Assistant Vice President (Former Employee) –  Andover, MAOctober 11, 2018
A real team spirit. You work hard and play hard. Very professional. The facilities are top-notch, the company enjoys a good reputation and long history. I would recommend working here.
Pros
Professional environment, high quality.
Cons
Not enough entry jobs. It is hard to get your foot in the door.
Great coworkers, terrible job
Investor Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Andover, MAOctober 2, 2018
Working here in the call center, you meet a lot of people and they are all great to work with. Because it’s a call center, it’s not the greatest job since you must be on the phone for your whole shift basically. If you get off the phone for too long, they start bugging the managers and wondering where you are. It’s hard to use the bathroom even since there is very limited personal time to be used. Working here is very draining. My manager in particular was very nice while other managers were very rude and if you had a question would make you feel completely stupid or would direct you to ask someone across the building. I should mention that you cannot leave people on hold over 3 minutes so walking over to ask someone else because the other manager didn’t feel like listening was costing me my job performance (although I still did well.)
This was a great company to work with
Correspondent, priority communications specialist (Former Employee) –  Quincy, MASeptember 18, 2018
I learned so much at Putnam and also met my husband there. This was an awesome experience and still have very good friends to this day who were wonderful to work with.
Good Company
Plan Service Administrator, Defined Contributions (Former Employee) –  Norwood, MASeptember 18, 2018
They have a good benefits package, up to two weeks paid time off as a new employee, flexible working hours. I would definitely recommend this employer to work for.
Benefits
Cons
Putnam Investments was an ok place to work. It was a long time ago that I worked there and am sure they have gone through many changes since.
PORTFOLIO ACCOUNTANT (Former Employee) –  Braintree, MAAugust 16, 2018
I worked at Putnam twenty years ago so a review is not fresh. The people were nice and there was some room for advancement. The hardest part of job was a system conversion which became very challenging and problematic.
Great palce to work
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Andover, MAAugust 15, 2018
Putnam was a great place to work. Wonderful environment, I felt appreciated. Many advancement opportunities. Great training and ability to travel ocassionally.
Pros
Caring, resources, training
Cons
That the Department was relocated 100 miles away round trip
Run while you still can
Senior Investor Service Associate (Current Employee) –  MassachusettsAugust 9, 2018
The work life balance that they promised was a lie. The hours are awful. The pay is pathetic. There are no opportunities so you are basically stuck taking calls for the rest of your life.
Great place to work.
Client Communications Manager (Current Employee) –  Andover, MAAugust 7, 2018
Putnam Investments encourages growth and supports its employees in all aspects.They provide a competitive benefit package and salary. Solid opportunities for advancement.
Accountant
Mutual Fund Accountant (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJuly 30, 2018
I worked at Putnam over 20 years ago. I'm sure that the culture and corporate environment is completely different than it was when I worked there. The job is probably completely different from what it was 20 years ago.
Great company
Image operations Associate (Former Employee) –  Franklin, MAJuly 22, 2018
Putnam Investments was an investment firm that cared greatly for their investors as well as their employees.
I enjoyed my employment there and felt valued and paid
accordingly.
Pros
Excellent firm.
Cons
Come a long ways since its issues/problems in the early part of this decade
Senior Vice President, Equity Analyst (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJuly 5, 2018
Product and organizational streamlining has been helpful. Attracting assets is proving to be a challenge. Lots of outside hires have changed the culture, in some cases with positive outcomes.
Great company
Senior Plan Administrator (Former Employee) –  Andover, MAJune 20, 2018
When I worked there a long time ago, it was a great place to work. I imagine it still is...staff was very nice and knowledgeable. Lots of career training and advancement. Great company.
Putnam Investments was a wonderful company to work for
Control Accountant (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAMay 19, 2018
I enjoyed my career at Putnam Investments. I was always looked upon for assistance in training new staff, software upgrades, system conversions, project management. I was always praised for my attention to detail & exceptional performance.
Productive demanding workplace with good work culture
Senior Technical Expert (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAMay 17, 2018
Productive demanding workplace with good work culture, cutting edge technology, good life / work balance.
Several locations, company allows one to choose which location to work from
data entry clerk
Data entry clerk (Former Employee) –  Franklin, MAApril 29, 2018
spent the day opening up new accounts and learned about many different types of investments, the pace was quick and management stressed accuracy and productivity
business has been close and sold to Canada
Product Support Analyst (Former Employee) –  Norwood, MAApril 12, 2018
This business has been closed and it was sold to a Canadian company many year back . when I used to work there was a friendly environment, people was good, was not part of the outsourcing motto so was 100% American company
Pros
Cons
noner
Used to be Great
Anonymous (Current Employee) –  Andover, MAMarch 29, 2018
The work environment and strategic planning has gone way downhill. There is a huge lack of communication between management and everyone else. Career Advancement is not a priority.
Good company with growth potential
PEOPLESOFT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAFebruary 21, 2018
Putnam was a good place to work, the environment was friendly and there was much room for growth. They treated employees well and I enjoyed my time working there.
Pros
Growth
Cons
Layoff's
It was an enjoyable place to work
Senior LAN Integration Engineer (Former Employee) –  Andover, MAFebruary 14, 2018
Putnam was an enjoyable place to work. The people I worked with were nice. Management was good. It was a little stressfull at times due to the nature of the business, but that is expected.
Pros
enjoyable place to work
Cons
stressfull at times
Career oriented
Plan Sponsor Represenitive II (Former Employee) –  Andover, MAFebruary 14, 2018
My day would begin with reviewing the uploaded files from my clients, addressing the payroll contributions to their 401K, and also the Demographic files for accuracy. Addressing any conflict that may occur with the file and the hard copy I would receive. I would have constant contact with the clients to ensure the postings were accurate and compliant. Then proceed with Termination distributions and distribution rollovers. Calculate any death distributions (QUADRO) and process.
Pros
Great pay and benefits
Cons
Highly stressful

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Putnam Investments. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Ratings from women

3.2InHerSight Score

3.3Personal Development

3.1Career Opportunities

3.2Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight