Putnam Investments Employee Reviews

Used to be Great
Anonymous (Current Employee) –  Andover, MAMarch 29, 2018
The work environment and strategic planning has gone way downhill. There is a huge lack of communication between management and everyone else. Career Advancement is not a priority.
Good company with growth potential
PEOPLESOFT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAFebruary 21, 2018
Putnam was a good place to work, the environment was friendly and there was much room for growth. They treated employees well and I enjoyed my time working there.
Pros
Growth
Cons
Layoff's
It was an enjoyable place to work
Senior LAN Integration Engineer (Former Employee) –  Andover, MAFebruary 14, 2018
Putnam was an enjoyable place to work. The people I worked with were nice. Management was good. It was a little stressfull at times due to the nature of the business, but that is expected.
Pros
enjoyable place to work
Cons
stressfull at times
Career oriented
Plan Sponsor Represenitive II (Former Employee) –  Andover, MAFebruary 14, 2018
My day would begin with reviewing the uploaded files from my clients, addressing the payroll contributions to their 401K, and also the Demographic files for accuracy. Addressing any conflict that may occur with the file and the hard copy I would receive. I would have constant contact with the clients to ensure the postings were accurate and compliant. Then proceed with Termination distributions and distribution rollovers. Calculate any death distributions (QUADRO) and process.
Pros
Great pay and benefits
Cons
Highly stressful
Productive and fun place to work
Executive Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAFebruary 12, 2018
Very faced paced. Lots of growth and opportunity. Management was very knowledgeable and available. Very friendly and open atmosphere. Can learn alot for management.
Resourceful a deep product line
Vice President Internet Director (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJanuary 25, 2018
Excellent team approach in a sophisticated industry.
Global distribution partners, challenging environment with rewards and learning. Well supported for development and new challenges. Excellent people to work with and highly skilled.
Fantastic learning opportunities with bonus and exposure to different areas of the business.
Pros
team breadth and depth
Putnam
Investor Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Andover, MAJanuary 18, 2018
Investor Service position is not an exciting job. Worked with great people but the job requires lots of time on phone and little correspondence. Management is not terrific. Learn a lot about the industry from the position but definitely do not want to stay in position more than a year. No career advancement opportunities.
Pros
A lot of young employees
Cons
Bad hours, lack of respect from management, job is repetitive
Excellent place to work
Senior J2EE Developer (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJanuary 13, 2018
Putnam investments Inc is an excellent place to learn and apply new technologies. Had opportunity to work in various java technologies and server deployments.
Putnam Review
Fulfillment Clerk (Former Employee) –  Franklin, MAJanuary 12, 2018
This was a 6 month, temporary assignment. I was a contracted employee in the warehouse and learned many valuable skills, such as shipping and receiving, database coordination, picking and packaging orders, etc.
Pros
Quick paced and always busy
Cons
Temporary position with no room for full time, permanent work
Productive and Great Workplace
Employee Development Specialist (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJanuary 5, 2018
Working for Putnam was great, the people were amazing and the company really cared for their employees. I enjoyed the work I did and the people I worked with.
Good first job
Manager (Former Employee) –  Franklin, MANovember 2, 2017
Putnam was my first real corporate job. I learned a lot which has helped me in future jobs. The people were great and I still talk to many of the people I worked with.
Leadership was not very good and the culture was not great for loyal employees.
But it was a good first job.
Pros
Training & people
Great People, Poor Leadership
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Andover, MANovember 1, 2017
Work culture is phenomenal, but the Leadership team chooses to turn a blind eye to poor management practices . Staff lacks accountability and absent management exacerbates the issue by ignoring issues that do not directly effect them.
Great training, great culture, struggling company
Senior Internal Wholesaler (Current Employee) –  Andover, MAOctober 31, 2017
I enjoyed my time at Putnam. Their training is phenomenal and the culture is a reason why I have been there for so long. I work with a partner out in the field to identify financial advisors to sell funds to.
Great Training
Processing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Andover, MAOctober 18, 2017
When i joined Putnam they had a great training program for someone to learn a lot about the industry. From my understanding they still have a great training program today.,
Productive and Great Place to Work
Assistant Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Andover, MAOctober 16, 2017
A typical day is about 8 hours.
I learned about Markets and Stocks, Mutual Funds and Bonds.
Management was extremely good and fair
Workplace culture was almost second family
Tax season and down markets could be stressful
I enjoyed working for Putnam.
Got to work with a variety of different people
Mutual Fund Processor (Former Employee) –  North Andover, MAOctober 13, 2017
This company is great, I had nice co-workers,and a nice place to walk at lunch. The cafeteria was good and the work was fairly straightforward and enjoyable.
Pros
good culture with good work life balance
Cons
it's hard to advance into better positions
Pretty good
Performance and Analytics Intern (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAOctober 11, 2017
Fun place to work, pay is decent, fairly large. Company has a lot of politics as in any larger organization but I would still recommend to someone depending on position.
Nice Place to work
Senior Operations Supervisor, Shareholder Services (Former Employee) –  Franklin, MASeptember 26, 2017
Putnam was a nice place to ork. The staff were always friendly and helpful. A The up management team was great and always made it a point to stop and see how everything was going. As for the middle management team, more cut throat and how can I make it to the next level.
Cesspool
Vice President, Investment Product Manager (Former Employee) –  Boston, MASeptember 13, 2017
Not a great place to work. The culture has significantly changed for the worse. Very cutthroat and there are continual layoffs since the AUM has only increased by market action and not the winning of new clients.
Stressful
Retirement Consultant (Former Employee) –  Andover, MAAugust 28, 2017
The years that I worked there, Putnam went through no less than 5 rounds of layoffs. That prospect hanging over your head at all times can be very difficult to deal with.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Putnam Investments. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score

3.3Personal Development

3.1Career Opportunities

3.2Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight