PwC Employee Reviews

31.1K
Found 2,167 reviews matching the search See all 5,595 reviews
Great Company Culture
Risk Assurance Intern (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 15, 2018
I like this company, but I am too new to say much about it. All my colleagues and managers are very nice to me, but I haven't met many people to give a comprehensive review. My manager is a very nice woman, but she is strict with work. Work hard, play hard!
Pros
small breaks
PwC NY Metro Core Assurance Experience
Associate (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 15, 2018
Typical Big 4 experience -- a lot of work with little work/life balance. The experience varies according to the industry/team you are in. If you are lucky to be part of a good team with good management, you will succeed if you put in the time and effort.

In my experience, Risk Assurance has more personable people than the people working in Core Assurance, even with the higher turnover ratio. In addition, bad management can really kill your career, no matter how hard you may work. It all boils down to luck.
PwC Rating
Senior Accountant - International Tax (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 15, 2018
Great place to start your career in tax. The company has a fast pace environment with a lot of growth opportunity. It also has intelligent individuals and mentors, but you must be willing to work long hours when needed.
Fun
Director Product Management (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJuly 13, 2018
I did a long term assignment for PwC and it was the best experience ever. I had a great day everyday and made a lot of friends who had very similar interest.
Great bunch to work with
Temporary Agencies (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJuly 13, 2018
Great environment, very thoughtful of their employees, very understanding of ones request for time off, everyone is friendly and a very diversified crowd
Pros
Location, pay and managers are great
Cons
Parking!
Opinion of the company
Financial Analyst (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKJuly 13, 2018
It was a great place to work for. I received a promotion while working for PWC. there was room for advancement. Had some great benefits. Communication fro upper manager was not great
A typical day at work
Senior Consultant (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCJuly 11, 2018
There will be after hours work, and busy season (mostly summer) can be very intense and taxing on your schedule. Overall, it is 9-5 and relatively flexible.
Consultant & Accountant (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJuly 9, 2018
Productive and hard working workplace that provided training and experience that will prepare you for the rest of your career. I learned how to work with a diverse set of clients.
Great company to be employed with.
Senior Manager (Former Employee) –  Little Falls, NJJuly 9, 2018
Excellent organization to be employed with. Terrific benefits package for employees at every level. Opportunities for professional growth and advancement.
Pwc
Manager (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 8, 2018
PwC is a great place to work at all levels in your career. They are very supportive and offer all of the resources needed to do your job. They really invest in their employees and the workplace is better for it.
Admin Asst.
Executive Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 8, 2018
Very poor management. The Administrative Coordinator made the entire Admin population into a giant typing pool. I was sent to different floors to work with people I didn't know anything about.
Excellent firm
Assurance Experienced Associate (Current Employee) –  San Juan, PRJuly 7, 2018
PwC is an excellent firm that is pro-employee, as it always prioritize employee's development. During the time I've been working on PwC, I've been able to develop professional, personal and computer skills.
Great Hardworking teams but you can feel stuck
ADVISORY SERVICES- FS RISK ASSOCIATE (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 6, 2018
As a consultant you expect to be able to switch clients and projects relatively often, but you can end up getting stuck on one client and feeling like you are no longer consulting, but a full time employee of your client. That being said I have only worked with teams of great people, but it is harder to switch projects and/or functional teams within the company. In addition, to the daily client work you also need to do a lot of extra internal work in order to "stand out" and help with business development. This can be overbearing after working 40-60+ hours in a week on your client. Sometimes teams are understaffed. Overall though its a great first job and a great learning environment. Expectations are high.
Great
Staff Accountant (Former Employee) –  Arlington, VAJuly 5, 2018
• Assisted in the development of the SOP (Standard Operating Procedures) for Army Inventory Reconciliations
• Performed twice monthly Army inventory data extracts in LMP ((Logistics Modernization Program) which included inventory from many army sites across the United States.
• Utilizing excel formulas such as Concatenates and If then functions to find a way to calculate the lowest possible inventory discrepancy after the Root Cause analysis identified issues leading to high inventory discrepancy.
Great Company, Hard Work but Lots of Fun also
Principal Consultant (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 5, 2018
I really enjoyed working for PwC. It was hard work and long hours, but I got to learn so much. One of my favorite thing about PwC is how objective their performance metrics are. One part of the metrics is billable hours. If you have over a percentage of billable hours, then you're automatically rated as Exceed, or Strongly Exceed Expectation
Great Firm
IFS START Intern (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJuly 5, 2018
Interned with the firm in 2017 and enjoyed the people and work that I did.. Meet a lot of great people who want to see you grow. Unfortunately I left the firm after the internship due to personal reasons.
Crazy Hours equals to minimum wage pay
Assurance Intern (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 5, 2018
Busy season you have to ask permission to not work on a Saturday. There is nothing to look forward to as you will be working Sunday too. People have worked from 8-4:00AM. Expect to working at least to 10:00PM with basically no break. You swallow your food and keep it going. Expect to deal with cocky individuals who think there so great because there apart of this company. Little do they know they could get a job working less hours more pay and still have career advancement opportunities. Work conditions are better after busy season sometimes.....your busy season schedule depends on the client your working on. You could have a client that's pretty busy all year round. In my opinion, I didn't get a degree to work for company that basically pays you minimum wage once you divide all the hours up into your salary.
Pros
Free Lunch, working with talented people
Cons
Hours are ridiuclous, work life balance is a joke
Great company!
Accounting Intern (Former Employee) –  Melville, NYJuly 4, 2018
Great place to start your professional career. The company is one of the largest of the Big 4. There is demanding work that's required but also very rewarding. Highly recommended!
Consulting is a good starting point
Manager, Customer Experience Advisory Practice (Former Employee) –  New YorkJuly 3, 2018
PwC is a great place to kick off your career. If you want to commit to the travel and it becoming your social life as well as your professional life - then you may find it a long-term career choice.
Pros
Good skill set development
Cons
Advancement, silos, managers not leaders, lower pay than other similar firms
Don't move to florida
Audit Associate (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJune 29, 2018
Ideal for people just out of college who live or want to live in florida, They hire lots then keep a few. They only promote if there is more business and you're waiting in line.
Pros
Sunday you can live in Florida
Cons
Monday - Saturday all day light hours you're on excel

Ask a question about working or interviewing at PwC. Our community is ready to answer.

Women's ratings

3.7Fairygodboss Score

71%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

72%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss