PwC

PwC insights

What people like
  • Supportive environment
  • Inclusive work environment
  • Ability to learn new things
Areas for improvement
  • General feeling of work happiness
  • Energizing work tasks

Decent

It was a nice job in the since that it was a friendly work environment. The managers were a bit mean and constantly seem to be looking over your shoulder.

Steep learning curve with good exposure to various industries, doesnt require a specific set of talent, the job is easy to learn

Work on different projects Hard to maintain a work life balance due to the tight deadlines Good culture and workplace Everyone works as a team, colleagues are always happy to help each other out

Pros

If youre on a project all expenses are covered

Cons

Work life balance

Bad Work Life Balance for the Pay

Work life balance sucks for consulting but that’s not necessarily specific to PwC. At PwC specifically, they are understaffed and the pay is not worth it. For barely $80k, you will be working 3 times has hard and 1.5x and long as a federal job. People in levels above frequently work until midnight and wake up the next day at like 7am to do it all again. Not the kind of work life balance I want from a job.

Pros

Free phone and plan

Cons

Work life balance, pay

The good thing is to put in your resume that u worked in a big 4! Everything else is bad! Bad environment, super long hours.

You don’t make good connections because they are always changing you to different market teams or engagements. The long hours will kill you. I don’t recommend to work here!

interned with pwc, no culture.

Will give an offer to almost anyone they hire because they are desperate for people and have an awfully high turn over. Most teams won't overwork you more than 50 hours a week because they want you to accept your offer.

Pros

free intro lunch, client happy hours

Share your experience

Let job seekers know what it's like to work at your company.

Fun place to work with slow progression

Fun place to work with slow progression. Management is often slow in providing feedback, but overall a very positive experience for a recent graduate!!

Pros

Well Known company

Cons

Slow progression

Good employment

Good pay, secure job. Good colleagues, flexibility. Need to work hard but the rewards are worth it. Flexible during pandemic Ann supportive colleagues.

Great firm leadership

Great firm leadership that cares about its people. Always the first out of the big 4 to come up with ways to reward its people, like CPA bonuses, sabbaticals, vacation rewards, etc.

Pros

Great healthcare benefits

Cons

Good place to start your career

It's a great place to start your career. Having PwC on the resume got my foot in the door at a lot of places. I'm constantly meeting alumni and share PTSD stories.

Flexible time off

The flexibility of time off is very good. Several months out of the year there isn't enough work for people to do. Very little growth opportunity. Overall not a good company.

Pros

Flexibility to take time off

Cons

No career opportunities - low pay - poor benefits

Underpaid and Overworked

The salary is at the bottom of the market for big accounting firms. We are also understaffed so you are doing more work for no increase in pay. There is a lot of disorganization when it comes to things like inventory counts. I got scheduled on 4 in one week before my vacation which made me have to work on my actual client workpapers while on vacation. Most of the audit new hires are frustrated and unhappy with the the compensation and workload. It is a very different experience than when I was an intern at the beginning of 2020. PwC has been getting by because of their name but they need to focus on rewarding and keeping their current employees because the staff turnover is insanely high (even for big 4 firms). They just gave a firm wide raise of 5% which still doesn't bring me up to what my friends are making at other firms with the same position and experience.

Great learning experience

Enjoyed my time at PwC. It was a great time to learn to work with people and the technical issues of audit. Also a great time to learn to interact with clients.

great upward opportunity but long hours and low pay

I've worked with some really smart and great people. Current CEO is really great. However, like most other Big 4, it's long hours during busy season and low pay.

Pros

culture, people, focus on technology

Cons

pay and worklife balance

visibility is good in general if you are working in a small team, partners will generally know who you are and it is good during appraisal

- HR will organize weekly welfare events e.g. mental wellness talk or zumba sessions, many actuvities in the firm- Depending who is yr boss, u might get a lousy or good boss. there are many projects and usually quite fast paced

Juice isn’t worth the squeeze

Pay is way too low for the market but I wanted the job because of the experience. I worked in audit and came from a small firm and I was shocked to find people where operating in silos and blindly following test steps. I saw managers that were great at project management but had very little understanding of GAAP and how to apply technical accounting/standards. The deployment team that is responsible for scheduling billable work does not do a good job of scheduling resources so some teams are over-staffed others are under staffed. There is a lot of pressure to eat hours (regardless of what they tell you) and there are days where I had nothing to do and was expected to ask around for work. This lack of organization and stress for such low pay was unacceptable. I left and immediately enjoyed a $25k raise at my next company and have learned more and gained more experience there than I did at PwC.

Pros

Benefits, diversity

Cons

Pay, culture

great first job

working for the valuation group was a great starting point to a financial career with respect to financial analysis, financial modeling, etc. the biggest drawback was high hours relative to compensation. felt a bit like working as an investment banker but getting paid like an accountant.

Very Project Dependant

Worked at the Columbia acceleration center. Pay was extremely uncompetitive, but the work was alright. However, was project dependent. Some projects have amazing management with lots of growth opportunities and some look strictly at your production. Little input on what projects you could be on.

No advancement in a favorite-ism-based environment.

Nearly a decade ago, PwC was a wonderful place to work in IT, but it slowly degraded into the worst place I ever worked. Leadership had no clue how to delegate because goals changed all the time, and literal armies of onshore and offshore personnel ("Pwc India") began taking jobs. Favoritism then began running rampant. I was there for eight years and laid off during a global pandemic. PwC leadership hide behind "doing everything for their people" which is complete BS. It's a hard thing when smart people are asked to work stupid- when employees are expected to act like they don't understand a sinking career path when they see one, and leave or get laid off.

Pros

Leaving

Cons

Too many to list except rampant Favoritism.

Bad Management

Not good in taking care of there employees.Associates are not given promotion. 55 hours through out the year. Bad performance evaluation in order to hold your promotion.

Great place to advanced one's career

Usual strategy is to stay to senior (suck up all the hours and all just survive and smile) then leave to a corp with the Big Four Name. This is the usual strategy - for partnership you have a to get a bit more political. Ask around the company about what other deparmtents there are you may find tax for example far more engaging and interesting than audit (and not to mention less politics and uncertainty and the natural lack of having to make the client like you compared to audit where the client just hates you before you even open your mouth)Consulting is where the money is and advancement imo honest opinion

Pros

Career advancement, free lunch and all of that costs your health don't buy into the hype

Cons

Hours hours hours, low pay starting off, but again room for advancement and the name about balances this out

Work and life balance but don't feel belong there if you do not start from inter

You can achieve work and life balance and pay is competitive. However, if you don't start from internship, it is hard to feel belong to the group. And competitive peer group.

Pros

work and life balance, competitive pay

Cons

competition amongst peers

Ask a question about working or interviewing at PwC. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.8K
2.8K
1.5K

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
4.0Personal Development
3.9Career Opportunities
4.4Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight
Powered byInHerSight

Compare PwC with

• PwC
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?