Play YouTube video button

PwC Employee Reviews

Found 2,473 reviews matching the search See all 6,585 reviews
Tough but worth the struggle
Assurance Senior- Banking and Capital Markets (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 22, 2019
I would not trade my nine months of busy season each year. It was crazy when I was in the midst of them with high pressure, poor work-life balance but it was worth it. I can honestly say despite the burn out, I learned a lot. It was the foundation of my professional career and shaped my career path and allowed me to be a greater asset to my next firm.
First job
Assurance Associate (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAMay 21, 2019
As a first job for a college graduate, PwC is an ideal platform where I gained and honed various skills that will no doubt benefit my career development in the future. However, the culture at the firm is clearly "only the fittest survive" and oftentimes employees have to self-train themselves on top of demanding deadlines.
Pros
Launchpad for future career, generally great people to work with
Cons
No work/life balance, corporate culture is awkwardly trying to capture all the fads in mainstream media, trainings often lag behind the actual work assignments
Excellent work environment
Summer Advanced Internship (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 20, 2019
Accounting is overall a stressful job but PWC made it fun! They teach interns everything they need to know to be successful in their career. The teams work together to make sure that everyone advances and moves up in the company. There is often free food and occasional free happy hour events. Coffee machine in every floor is a plus!
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
long working hours
Summer intern did not get an offer
ISG Intern (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 20, 2019
I was a summer intern in tax at PwC. My managers displayed no interest in giving me work for the majority of the summer. Spent most of my internship staring at a screen doing nothing. Did not receive an offer because "I wasn't excited about the work" that they never gave me.
Fast paced environment and large amount of responsiblity
Assurance Associate (Former Employee) –  Hartford, CTMay 15, 2019
Large amount travel involve in a position at PwC. As an associate you will be required to learn at an accelerated pace. It requires a high level of flexibility.
Good company to work with, nice work culture.
Mobile/Web Application Developer (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLMay 15, 2019
Good company to work with, nice work culture. The work environment is quite good, one can easily maintain work balance, the work environment is also good, employee oriented company.
Great company
Administrative Support Concierge (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLMay 15, 2019
PwC is a great company. The system for advancement for IFS team members is not clear. The system for advancement for tax, advisory, or assurance associates is clearly defined. Managers have little to know experience managing people.
It is work
MANAGER IN HIA ENTERPRISE SOLUTION TRANSFORMATION (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLMay 14, 2019
My biggest complaint with the company is the amount of work expected of you with the additional requirements of additional work that is not client related. CPE credits required each year, lack of time to accomplish non-client work tasks and there is no work / life balance. Additionally, the health benefit structure is terrible for a company of this size.
Pros
Learning opportunities for the most current digital skills
Cons
No work life balance and the health benefit plans are terrible
Audit - What do you expect
Assurance Senior Associate (Former Employee) –  LondonMay 13, 2019
Long hours, challenging work, built great client relationships, worked with some amazing teams and made some lasting friendships. Would say it was worth it.
Open workspace with unlimited learning opportunities
Senior Associate (Assurance) (Current Employee) –  CanadaMay 8, 2019
I have been with PWC for 2.5 years and have enjoyed my time here so far. I have made a lot of new friends (from associates to managers). There are many learning opportunities, and managers are willing to support you when you express interest in a different line of service. Hours are flexible, but there is a lack of work-life balance overall due to constant deadlines. Staff turnover is high, but this is expected.
Pros
Learning opportunities, team effort to meet deadlines, lifetime friends, flexible hours
Cons
Lack of work-life balance
Good pay, good fringe benefits...but nothing is worth working here. The culture will eat your soul
Managing Director (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 6, 2019
So the good news is that I get to put PwC on my resume. The bad news is that I have PwC on my resume because I actually had to experience the disaster that is that company.

I was in Advisory, so not Audit, Tax or Assurance.

Here's a good story...I had to let 2 people on my team go because someone somewhere thought there would be a downturn in the economy. Ooook. I got to announce who I let go at a Partner meeting at the Ritz Carlton where 250+ partners were staying for a meeting. That's right, I fired people who did nothing wrong, and talked about to peers while drinking Macallan 18. To those two...I am sorry.

This place is full of smart people who are really good at what they do. Unfortunately, what they do is both great work and Game of Thrones style ambushes, politics, back stabbing and lying. It's an incredibly toxic culture and one that I wouldn't return to for all the money in the world.
Pros
Smart people, good brand recognition
Cons
Everything else besides that.
Do not not work here for any reason
Senior Associate (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMay 6, 2019
Very unstructured and witch hunting environment. You never get projects that are aligned with your skill sets. They throw you into any kind of project and expect you to churn out results within two days. Most horrible environment. No support for learning other than bring "him/her" down syndrome.
Pros
There is no pros in this organization
What you'd expect from a consulting firm
Manager (Former Employee) –  ChicagoApril 26, 2019
A lot depends on the group one gets assigned to. Pay is good, travel can be tiring for most weeks. More job security than some other consulting firms. Integration with Strategy& has been a challenge. Frequent org redesigns should be stopped.
Long hours, sometimes worth it
Assurance Associate (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAApril 24, 2019
The rumors are true about Big 4 accounting. Long hours, mundane work, but great people and opportunity for growth. For those interested in pursuing a career in in accounting it is worth it to stay for as long as possible.
Great company to work with high performers
Manager (Former Employee) –  New JerseyApril 22, 2019
Highly competitive environment with exceptionally high performing individuals as is demanded by most of PwC's clients. Travel is a necessary requirement, moreso if expected to move on to partner-track.
Technology Consultant
Technology Consultant - Insurance Advisory (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 19, 2019
Very, very intense environment. Expect long hours, travel and very little work-life-balance. But it is a great learning experience and you work with very smart individuals.
Big 4
Senior Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 18, 2019
The pure definition of getting an on-the-job education. Entrusted with significant responsibility at a young age early in my career, and enabled to meet leaders of local and national industry on a regular basis. An excellent experience.
depend on where you go
Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Honolulu, HIApril 18, 2019
my boss tell me to go wherever to do the cleaning and sometime I work at the hotel and do housekeeping and I also do dishwasher at the restaurant .I go around place to place like we get the company car and get somebody driving around and he drops u off wherever the boss tell him to drop off me at.
Pros
cleaning is what i do the most
Cons
n/a
Tax Specialist III (Current Employee) –  Columbia, SCApril 18, 2019
Great place to work, just fell victim to changing business model that eliminated my position. On a typical day, very high level management/supervision. Given a task and a deadline to meet.
Pros
great company interaction environment
Cons
changing business models that eliminate positions and people
Great company and place to work
Experienced Associate (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLApril 17, 2019
I was able to work with extremely talented professionals and learn about multiple industries. I enjoyed my time there and many of the experiences I had during my career have been applied to my next ventures.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at PwC. Our community is ready to answer.

52.4K
42.4K
31.3K

Women's ratings

3.8Fairygodboss Score

72%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

73%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss