Play YouTube video button

PwC Employee Reviews

You’re seeing reviews close to Ashburn, VA based on your current location
Not your desired location?
Choose a different one
Ashburn, VA137 reviews
Company had good benefits and compensation. However, there is a lack of work life balance IMO. There is a certain level of expectation that employees will work evenings past their work day and weekends. If that is for you then you will enjoy working here.
Pros
Good benefits, good compensation
Cons
Lack of work life balance, expectation that you will put in time over the weekend and evenings
Great salary and flexibility, but high-stress job, especially during busy season. Summers are great in terms of low-stress, and if not assigned on a job, you can potentially have days/weeks off with pay.
PwC can be very demanding at times but overall has some pros and cons about their work environment. Busy season can be very hard at times with having to work on weekends and long weeks. Ultimately be ready to go 100 mph everyday and build your network.
While working for a Big 4 company seems very appealing from the outside, it is not all that it appears to be. If you value saying that you work for a prestigious firm above all else, than this is the place for you to work. However, if you would prefer not to work every waking moment, including weekends and holidays, value being seen as a person and not a number, and appreciate management that is compassionate and understanding, than I would recommend that you look elsewhere. One key takeaway would be that if you are ever injured or have children that you will no longer be valuable to this organization. You are only valuable to the firm if you are working 60-70 “billable” hours, plus 10-15 hours on business development, and further time on other ad hoc work. After 10 years with PwC, I would strongly recommend that everyone think twice before wasting their best years at this firm.
Pros
Insurance
Cons
Too many to count
PwC is a great place to work. You will receive the skills you need to thrive in their environment and should you choose to leave those skills will benefit you outside of the organization as well.
Would you recommend working at your company?
Help people considering your employer make a good choice.
The teams I worked with were highly motivated to do an excellent job for their clients and to support each other as team members. Most of the team worked long hours when necessary to meet client deadlines but were encouraged to balance their work effort with taking personal time as needed.
PwC is a fantastic place to work in terms of career progression. A good appraisal each year will lead to career advancement, in the form of a promotion, and a pay rise.

However, it is, in my experience, very difficult to achieve a healthy work life balance.
Pros
Good development
Cons
A tough firm but great to start off your career. So many jobs prefer big four experience so if you can get in, just try it out for a couple of years for the experience.
Pros
1. Good experience working in multiple teams

2. Good project management skills

Cons

1. No work life balance

2. Salary lower than industry

3. Can often feel not part of the overall team

4. You are essentially called a resource and need to maintain high utilization rate
PwC helps you develop into a sharp consultant as most staff are looking to grow in their roles and get to the next level which requires you to do the same if you want to survive.
Some of the smartest people I know. Bonuses begin based gets distributed such that someone has to be at the bottom ...typical of large companies but many employees are usually left unhappy.
PwC is a good company to work for. It is exciting and has alot to offer for their employees. It has room for growth and a good workplace culture. I recommend this company for interested individuals
Rewards people who work hard. Great environment with plenty of learning experiences every day. Tons of room for growth and a huge focus on taking ownership of your career.
I worked here for less than a year due to a new job opportunity for my spouse. It was a great learning experience. I had direct site to leadership and they cared about my career.
The culture was very conducive to a top notch workforce and the assignments were rewarding. I would recommend working for PWC to anyone looking for a career.
Pros
Cons
Work hours can be a bit overwhelming from time to time
The firm came out with this amazing idea called "phasing" the audit which in reality means just doing more work. People are told busy season is only a couple of months, but its more like 5 to 6 with long hours all year. headcount is down and people are having to work more to pick up the slack without being compensated.
Cons
Horrible Hours
• Assisted in preparing recommendations to clients for improvements in accounting and control procedures.
• Gained exposure to areas of the financial statements including the balance sheet and profit and loss statements; assisted clients in preparation of their GAAP and IFRS financial statements.

• As the smallest of PwC’s four assurance groups, PCS engagements often have both limited staff and budgets. This requires an increased focus on efficiency and accountability, while still delivering high quality results.

• Worked directly with clients senior management in addressing technical accounting and financing issues related to merger and acquisition transactions.
Great benefits, lots of work. Respectful culture, work life balance. Opportunities for growth in client facing roles. Plenty of training and current with technology.
I worked Mondays to Fridays from 9 am to 5 pm with 30 minutes lunch. As a contractor, I was surrounded by a lot of highly driven and successful people who genuinely care about those they work with and the community in which they live. The most enjoyable part of the job was the fact that we travelled every week. I was still new in this country, I was able to explore many big cities. I really missed those days and wish I can work for PWC in my coming years. Not now as I still have young kids.
Pros
We were rewarded with Amex gift cards after each trip
overtime is expected and people tend to work on vacation days. most people are high strung about meeting business goals. HR is too busy to actually provide enough guidance.
I loved working at PwC, it was a good place to grow and I would go back to work for this company. I enjoyed the work environment and the management. I was an Executive Administrative Assistant for Partners, Managing Directors, Directors and all of their staff.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at PwC. Our community is ready to answer.
2.9K
2.8K
1.5K
Ratings from women
InHerSight Score
3.7Personal Development
3.7Career Opportunities
4.1Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight