PwC

PwC insights

What people like
  • Time and location flexibility
  • Inclusive work environment
  • Ability to learn new things
Areas for improvement
  • General feeling of work happiness
  • Energizing work tasks

Pwc

PwC believed in if you work hard you get to play hard. Days off were given if you did numerous nights of over time to assist in the preparation of proposals as well as being paid for OT.

It's B4, in my experience all the WLB issues were there, but YMMV as each group is different

Working in the ITS group, we get paid fairly well in comparison to other Tax groups. That being said, we don't have stable busy seasons, we run at 60hr per week on avg, with some weeks more and others less. NY office has a very toxic culture, they run you into the ground and you can't really trust anyone or feel support. Again, there are other teams in our office and in our group that are more balanced and do a better job taking care of their staff, but certain teams like mine are horrendous, no support from management, load you with work with unrealistic deadlines and cutting costs for real talent with replacements coming from overseas.

No work life balance

There was no work life balance. Always overtime. I had just stresfull life when I was an employee. But if you can handle the workload you can learn a lot of things and also good salary and benefits

Low Support Staff Comp

Overall culture and learning opportunities are great along with flexibility to move around into different roles. However, comp is subpar to industry in the support functions.

Decent but rigid

Pros: smart and able staff; good brand name, good client base; job security; Cons: risk/compliance; constant pressure from filling in timesheet & utilisation

Intern

So I am a previous intern for PWC. I only decided not to go with them again because I got another offer for a higher compensation. Great company and can’t complain!

Treats Employees like customers

Super glad my current project is flexible, but I know that’s dependent on the project. The time in between projects feels like summer break. We also get the week of the Fourth of July off

Strong infrastructure

Strong internal infrastructure but minimal repercussions for toxic leadership including partners. Lots of big talk about support of people but still client services first in a tough market.

Good start

Good place to start. Busy season can feel never ending, and the hours during those times are definitely taxing. I do feel like I’ve leaned a lot and am set up for my next role.

Good starting point

For accounting majors, PwC is a great starting point. But, if you are more ambitious than just willing to settle in financial reporting, it becomes more difficult to move to another finance jobs.

Trs

Good job I liked it especially the benefits and the pay were pretty competitive compared compared to other companies. Plus your co-workers are extremely helpful and are like mentors

Pros

Great Overall

Cons

not too bad but not a forever job

the pay was way too low compared to other jobs in the same field. the work environment/location was in a gloomy dark abandon mall which was very depressing to work in for 8hrs everyday. you also have to be a quick learner if you want to keep your job. but management/ corporate was nice and treated the employees to ice cream parties, food trucks, raffles etc.

It’s just ok

It is hard to get fired once hired. You need to be willing to work a lot of hours during busy season. Pay is good but not great. Lots of benefits. Lots of senior talent and very few upper management positions. Some managers are great and the rest should not be managing people. I’m not sure why people keep voting this one of the best places to work.

Pros

It’s ok

Cons

Pay, advancement opportunities

Lots of changes

PwC is going through a lot of changes with restructuring. Will be interested to see how things shape up. I have seen a large number of staff aug projects lately.

Good

Enjoyed the experience. It was challenging but fun. Dynamic diverse crowd. There are always new things to learn. Managers are supportive. Less work life balance.

Learned quite a bit. Hours were relentless.

Wlb is less than optimal. Tech stack is fairly new age. Opportunities for advancement were plentiful if you put in the hours required. Good pay and bonus.

Harassment is their #1 priority

If you like to be assigned tasks that you have no idea how to do and are told that you cannot ask for help. If you enjoy being belittled during project meetings and watching a few others get treated the same. If you like to take a 'nap' and go right back to work and if upper management sends you a text and you have 15 minutes to respond...then this is the place for you!!

Pros

Cons

everything

Overall it's a great starting point

Great place to start with your career, not a good place place to stay long. Overall it's a great starting point.

Pros

Big 4, professional, expertise

Cons

Micro management

Productive and great learning experience

Tax busy Season: It's definitely long hours but you get to learn a lot and gain a lot of difference experiences. The people are all respectful and willing to help.

Good learning experience, but bad work life balance

Good learning experience, but bad work life balance. Underpaid for how many hours of work you put in, but definitely gets you to a get spot in your career.

Busy productive office

Very busy office with challenging work. There is a wide variety of clients and industries. Lots of opportunities for learning and career advancement.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at PwC. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.6 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Diversity score

out of 100
Comparably
Diversity Score
Top 30%
In the Top 30% of similar size companies
The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at PwC.
Powered byComparably