Pyramid Construction, Inc.

Working at Pyramid Construction, Inc.: 15 Reviews

United States15 reviews

Great building and training experience

First I enjoyed working for the company and with the other employees. I learned what it takes to build roads from the start to finish process which gave me a better appreciation of what it takes in the construction industry. Overall the company is a great place to work for, they will give you every opportunity to excel.You should be clear and upfront with your's and their's expectations with clear concise communication. The maintenance staff is very Excellent in what they do, always willing to listen and help you figure problems out. They do not waste your time and very expedite in getting you back on the road.The downside for me personally was not knowing what the work schedule would be like for the next day and the long hours. Since COVID there is a shortage of drivers and workers in general causing those of us who are willing to work being forced to work longer hours which creates a unbalanced family/work/social balance. I only left to find that balance.I also believe if you are performing a job that requires more work than usual and are performing in a position that requires additional CDL endorsements then you should be compensated accordingly.They do have excellent benefits and 401K, I would like to see a matching 401K in the future.

Pros

Decent equipment to operate

Cons

No Family time due to many work hours.

Great Tandem Job

Small enough company that your voice is heard and you even have interactions with the owners who care about there workers.Your worked long hours during the warm/hot time of year 60+ hr average which I love. Home every night you can get time off if you request it early enough have never had an issue.Dispatch is easy to work with and will keep you rolling.Only issue I have is that pay hasn't kept up with local companies.

Pros

Great group to work with.

Cons

Pays less than local companies

Pyramid Construction, Inc. insights

• Time and location flexibility
  • Energizing work tasks
  • Trust in colleagues

Good People - Good company

good hours, decent pay & decent equipment. This is one of the best companies I have ever worked for if you are willing to do your job and put in a solid days work. People are very helpful to help you succeed at your job. Average 55-65 hours per week as a driver with overtime after 40 hours. This is a company where you will get to know the head people in the office and the people that own the company. It is owned by 2 brothers that actually care about the people working for them. You also have the opportunity to learn more skills and get raises based on the merit of your work.

Pros

get good paychecks every Friday

Cons

working week ends

Very poor management

This company is only good to gain experience to work somewhere else. Upper management is very unprofessional. They will smile to your face and talk behind your back. As an employee, you have no value at all, you’re just a number. Zero room for advancement.No family time because you’re expected to be on call. The only time that you have off is due to poor weather. You never know your work schedule until late at night for the following day, which the schedule would still be wrong anyways.

Pros

Cons

Work/life balance, pay, unprofessional management

Good starter job for someone trying to get their foot in the door

There is a lack of respect for the drivers, you don't get paid what you're worth or Even near your worth, you cant move up within the company. They belittle & down grade drivers & all they ask you to do. Your pay isn't worth all you put up with at this place. I've been here for 4 and a half yrs almost and I finally had enough, there's no diversity, they can't keep drivers especially ethic drivers because of management, lack of structure, and no regard for the drivers. Management can basically get away with murder, but if you so much as blow a tire, they're ready to consider firing you on the spot. Like I said it's a good place to get your foot in the door at, but beyond that, they're not worth committing to after a 1-2 years for the experience you need to move on with. Management can talk to you/treat you any kind of way, but when you give it back, you're considered a problem. You'll be asked to work off the clock and/or move your time around to fit the company's needs, but when it comes to you, you're not a priority unless you're ready to quit on the spot or going to put your 2wks in. One of the two owners of the company is very cool, he is very understanding & does give second, third & fourth changes to those he really believes in, which is very rare to find in a family owned company or any at that, but that doesn't overrule the way they treat the drivers, the drivers make the company and get the name out there, but you are only useful from the neck down, literally. In divers meetings, you are belittled, blamed for not being about to have annual bonuses, constant truck issues -

Pros

Hours

Cons

Lack of diversity, management, lack of respect, pay, stability, little to no communication, unorganized, unethical

Not a good company for CDL drivers

Terrible job choice, they used to be a family oriented and caring company, now with more managers it’s quickly turning into a wannabe corporation that only sees you as a number. They do not care for your safety, only the money. There are about 20 managers, which is probably the reason they didn’t give a Christmas bonus this year. This is a company full of two faced managers that will say nice things to your face and then talk bad behind your back and tattle tale like we are in elementary school again. Not only will you have to perform your dedicated job but you will perform everyone else’s job as needed. Don’t learn all of the trucking jobs because you will have to do all of them and you won’t be compensated any more for it. They break laws just for money. They will have you driving in the middle of a snowstorm with equipment and not bat an eye. All they care about is money, money, and more money. Not to mention there is a huge turnover rate at this company for truck drivers. If that doesn’t explain anything to you then go ahead and apply.

Good Job

This is a very good job. If I did not have to relocate, I would still be there now. Amazing company with many advancement opportunities. Great day and be blessed.

Great place to work for. Great benefits, on the job training.

Great boss room for advancement if willing to work hard. Company willing to train employees in all areas of construction, small company that treats you like family.

It was a good experience

I belive its a great company. The pay and benefits are great the work enviorment is really good. If i had the opportunity to work for them again i would

It's a great conversation job.

I enjoyed working for pyramid construction. Learned a lot through them and I appreciate theyre hard work and theyre managing for training is outstanding and professional. Thank you!

Falsely advertise hourly wages. Typical family business that doesn’t care how things are done as long as it just gets done. Very unprofessional

Speaking towards the concrete finishing part of the business. Hourly wage they post is falsely advertised. If you enjoy working with lazy convicts and supervisors who treat the select few good workers Terrible you should work here. Don’t base pay rate from experience Like advertised, so you will be low balled by the owner during your interview. Just another family company trying to get a lot of work done with cheap good for nothing labors.

Pros

Cons

Terrible pay and uncomfortable work environment

family atmosphere

Company is growing quickly and has some very intense times with growth. spent a lot of hours there and not much at home. Need more crews to offset the overtime to prevent burnout and raise morale

Pros

The people are fun to work with

Cons

growing pains from a small company

The best company I've ever worked for!

Pyramid Construction Inc. is the best company I've ever had the pleasure of working for! They will go above and beyond to take care of each and every one of their employees. This is a strong family minded company that wont let each other fail. The owners and upper management are 2nd to none, I've never worked for a company that are as passionate about their company AND employees as Pyramid Construction is. IF you apply today, you will never want to leave! I promise you!

Pros

Everything!!

Cons

Awesome People to Work For!!

The owners truly care about their employees and their families. If you're willing to go the extra mile for them; they're more than willing to help you in any possible way they can! That's something you don't see everyday!! I highly recommend working for Pyramid Construction Inc!!! Don't Delay - Apply Today!!

Extremely Good, Family Company

Pyramid is literally a 2nd family to me. They have treated me so well, without ever holding above your head. They will literally give you their shirt off of their backs if it'll help you as the employee stay warm. I've never met Owners/Management as friendly, caring, and nice as the Uppers at Pyramid Construction Inc. When a new employee comes in to fill out the new hire paperwork, I always tell them that this is the best company I have ever worked for, hands down. If you chose Pyramid, It'll be for life, because you wont want to ever leave.

Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Pyramid Construction, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.5 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Learn about Pyramid Construction, Inc. in popular locations

• Pyramid Construction, Inc.