Pyramid Hotel Group Employee Reviews

Not good
Housekeeping Houseperson (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJanuary 14, 2019
The job was so stressful I had to quit the management is the worst they don't never know anything coworkers they same he say she say it will look okay in the beginning but once you get dug in then you will see for yourself don't say I didn't Warn you pay is ok once you get your raise but other then that the worst racist the culture isn't good either
Pros
Cons
Everything about the job
Employees have no life
Food Server (Former Employee) –  Manchester, NHJanuary 10, 2019
Pyramid management did not care if you needed time off. For example if you had a family gathering such as a wedding, graduation or say Thanksgiving if they landed on a busy day forget it. They never had enough help and managers were no where to be found when you needed them, they were always in meetings. You are set up to fail. They would make you work 10 or more hours because they had no help. Forget about a life if you work there because the managers never want to hear you need time off . They also have no out times ontheir schedule so you cant say its time for you to leave they can keep you as long as they want. The turn over is frequent.
Benefits
Cons
Poor inaffective management. Aweful hours! Never enough help so very stressful.
Corner Cutters
Front Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCDecember 17, 2018
Managers salaries are based on a 50 hour work week. No leadership and no accountability.
Great ideas are ignored and when it comes down to it they would rather cheat and manipulate guest surveys than do the right thing.
Zero communication between departments
Great company to work for.
General Manager (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAOctober 12, 2018
Excellent communication within company on major initiatives. Strong corporate leadership that values contribution of management teams in all hotels. Fair and balance.
Pros
Accessibiilty to Corporate Leaders
Cons
Required weekly reports
Great Organization
Director of Food & Beverage (Former Employee) –  Hilton Stamford HotelOctober 2, 2018
Great organization to work for. The Executive leadership really care for the associates and provide support. Advancement opportunities are provided to all team members. Generous compensation package.
Inclusive Culture
Senior Sales Manager-Corporate Market (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXMay 1, 2018
Employees are treated as thought partners and not subordinates. Opinions are valued. Great work life balance. Managers do not appear to be all knowing, they rely on the skill set of the team to find solutions to problems
Pros
Ability to be autonomous
Cons
OEM Pay - Managers clock in and are hourly.
Lerned a lot from my Excutive Chef Steven Bernstien
Chef (Former Employee) –  Oralndo, FL 32802March 13, 2018
He set me up for the executive chef position that set me up for the position I will acquire later in my career. Given my Executive Chef career thus far, I can not help but take in what he taught me.
Would not recommend
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  United StatesFebruary 19, 2018
Managers are hourly workers and must clock in/out which can take getting used to if you haven’t been an hourly employee for many years. You must work 50 hours per week and OT must be pre-approved. After a year of working I barely earned 5 days of PTO. The second year, 10 days of PTO. Don’t get sick because you have to use your vacation PTO if you need a day off. Heath insurance wasn’t that great, had to change doctor as they didn’t accept the Pyramid insurance. Communication on property was poor. Some department heads went out of their way to make things difficult.
Pros
Cons
50H work week to make your base salary, horrible insurance, lack of communication and leadership.
Rooftop at Revere was fun and exciting place to be all summer
Food and Beverage Manager (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAFebruary 15, 2018
Between the J1 program for Irish kids to work over the summer, to the people in general, the excitement was there every day when you stepped in the door.
Pros
Free food in cafeteria, fun employees
Cons
Long hours, sometimes 14+ per day
very business like and proffesional
contractor (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 12, 2018
Enjoy working with them very much. May need longer assignments
but all have been awesome. Team handles customers well. expenses paid promptly. Communication is asset
Productive Fun Place
Engineering Technician (Current Employee) –  Burlington, MAOctober 31, 2017
Typical day productive structured Management is good. Culture is great. Hardest thing is dealing with Guest related issues. Enjoyable, the people I work with.
Pros
Benefits free lunch
Cons
Drive in the afternoon, 12 hour weekend shifts
Stressful
Front Desk Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Boston, MASeptember 27, 2017
Stressful but a great company to work for, I been with the company for 4 years now. The benefits are great. But they could improve on employee and management relations.
Great team and work enviroment
Task Force Chef/Consulted for Pyramid Hotel Group (Former Employee) –  Denver, COAugust 14, 2017
Pyramid is great company to work for. The company has great HR Policies and is very fair. IF you work hard to can Advance Quickly. THe Benefits are great.
Pros
Very fair work enviroment, they really cara about there employees
Cons
Its like working for a Union Shop at times
I would not recommend this company
Asst. Front Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJuly 18, 2017
I would not recommend this company. Discriminatory agains those with disabilities. Lack of training. Old technology. Closed-door HR policy. Guest service always takes a back seat.
great place
Recruiter/Sourcer (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJuly 7, 2017
The corp office seemed like a nice place to work. Friendly environment and good sense of life work balance. Generouse atmosphere and seemed low stress and productive.
Tough gig
Food and Beverage General Manager (Former Employee) –  Charlottesville, VAJune 28, 2017
I am uncertain as to the other properties they own, but the one in Charlottesville, VA is very poorly managed. The present GM is very unprofessional. Uses foul language in meetings with Exec Ops team as well as demeans the team.

In addition, the technology they use is antiquated. Causes a lot of issues. No training to speak of
Pros
Nice people
Cons
old technology no training for incoming managers.
Amazing, a lot of fun
Front Desk Agent (Current Employee) –  Portland, MEJune 26, 2017
If you love dealing with customers / guests all day and cross training into the Bar, shuttle service, kitchen or housekeeping hospitality is where you should be. Fun environment great training, amazing staff, lots of potential to grow within the company and amazing benefits.
Don't do it
Operations Assistant & Sales Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAJune 17, 2017
Horrible people to work for. You can not use any words to answer questions by upper-level staff other than Yes ill do that right now. Even if you do not know what you are doing or if that can not be done.
Great Hotel Management Company
Regional Director of Sales and Marketing (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 28, 2016
Pyramid is an excellent environment to grow and learn a s leader in the hospitality industry. On property utilize respective brand guidance/standards with the ability of an entrepreneurial atmosphere.
Pros
Great owner relations
Employee Oriented
Chef (Former Employee) –  Daytona Beach, FLMarch 4, 2016
I managed several food and beverage outlets and many different employee's. Diversity in employees' is where i learned the most about coming into my management style. My Supervisor taught me a lot about the hotel industry and served as a mentor in my transition from Daytona to Orlando. Interacting with the guests' and ensuring they received the best customer service possible was the most enjoyable part of my position.