Pyramid Systems Inc

Pyramid Systems Inc Employee Reviews

Decent workplace depending on department
Culture varies a lot depending on who your management is. Watch out for work-life balance. On the other hand, sometimes people find it not challenging enough.
Very Cliquish environment
The culture there is very cliquish. If you are on management's good side, you will have many opportunities to advance. If you aren't, your options are more limited. They pay well, and even if you aren't part of a clique, you can still do some fulfilling work. The company does try to do things such as tickets to baseball games, football tickets, and such to help with moral, but they frown on teleworking. The like the motto, work hard, party hard, but it's not that way. It's a lot of hard work for occasional free lunches and once a year sporting even tickets.
Great culture
The company truly cares about its employees. They listen to employee concerns and take measures to improve at all levels. The executive team works hard to make employees at all levels have opportunities to grow. They are transparent, which is huge in a federal contracting company which always has some level of uncertainty. The culture starts with professional teamwork and positivity at all levels. Employees don't gossip or point fingers. As a result, the atmosphere is generally fun and lighthearted with events like ping pong tournaments, board game nights, professional sports outings, and company picnics. The founders highly value volunteerism and community service and provide time off for volunteering.
Pros
Growth opportunities, clear career path, transparent and approachable leadership, paid time off to volunteer, competitive benefits, collaborative work environment, free parking at HQ
Cons
Less remote work than competitors
Great workplace and great culture and nice coworkers and leaders
Respectful culture: People respect each other here with professionalism.

Management team cares about employees daily: check-in with employees regularly and see if there's any support / assistance needed from them

Always super helpful and open for discussion and suggestion

Open discussion regularly: Agile Culture working environment to support projects

Company events / activities with company T-shirts e.g. family picnic, Halloween party, yearly annual dinner gala, potluck, etc: Great team spirits and having a sense of belonging to this company. Feel like home and team as a family.

Lots of Happy Hour and company catering dinner sessions to have the better team building.

Coworkers go to the sports events, e.g. playing tennis, etc. after working hours to learn from each other.

Learning from each other: Coworkers are willing to provide the resources and learning experiences to share with coworkers so we can learn from each other and help each other to achieve the goals.

Town Hall Meeting hosted by CEO, President, HR team and the leadership team is super helpful.

Lots of learning sessions e.g. AWS certifications - how you get it, what kind of resources you can use to achieve the goals

HR team is super helpful with lots of learning sessions

Great learning platform and opportunities provided by the company

Structured career path provided.
Wonderful working atmosphere with excellent opportunities
I have been with Pyramid for 4.5 years and in that time I have moved from an entry level position to a management position. The reason I have been so successful here is that Pyramid has supported my career goals and the management team have actively participated in my personal growth.
Pyramid values employees who work well with others and we see collaboration as one of our strongest assets. Those who value their own individual goals over the goals of the team will not be successful in our environment.

I love my job and I love working at Pyramid!
Pros
Culture, Work-Life Balance, Community, Collaboration, Career Growth, Pto
Your experience matters.
Help out others considering your employer. Rate your employer.
Dead End
Comes with a hefty price tag all insurance is paid by the employe the company charges for the insurance and costs are very high 180$ a week . And they stink high co pay and no room for advancement basically you work to live
August 15, 2019
Looks like there may be a mix up here! Pyramid Systems, Inc., is located in Fairfax, VA and we have never had a location in NY. We also have never had any healthcare positions or provided services in the healthcare industry. We provide IT Solutions to government and commercial clients.

Sorry for your experience with this company, better luck next time!
Tech savvy
Great place to learn technology and a collegial atmosphere where folks will help you come up to speed if you come across challenging issues.

Mgmt team is supportive and friendly and do support the teams to be successful.
Great Place to Work
Although I do not work at HQ at Pyramid, the staff is always helpful for whatever I need. I have only been at Pyramid for 4 months, but this is one of the best work places I have work for in a long time.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Pyramid Systems Inc?
Interesting but shallow
I was assigned to be onsite most of the week working in a space rather than a cubicle or office. Work was Agile based and met some resistance to doing things the right way.
Section 8.A Woman owned
worked there well over 15 years ago. they re a small company, just starting. the were using me in a proposal. the award kept getting delayed and I found a long term position. enjoyed working there
Pros
Work Potential
Cons
Job security
Too much politics and favoritism.
Not a welcoming environment. Your team won't know who you are because the leadership won't bother introduce you to your team. After a speech from the manager people are afraid to take lunch breaks. Remote work is not allowed by the client according to the leadership, but select few are allow to work remote. Plus, everyone knows that the client actually does allow remote work. Eventually they will tell you that you are not worth the money and force you to resign. Unless you are management's favorite person.
Pros
good parties
Cons
manipulative management
August 15, 2019
Thank you for your input. Within recent years, Pyramid has put forth much effort to enhance our culture, benefits, and management practices. We have been fortunate to improve retention among our management and leadership staff. In 2019, we received the 2019 Great Place to Work certification! This was due to staff's input and satisfaction. We are always working to improve the employee experience.
good company to work for I enjoyed my time with them
charge nurse on the floor at one point , i was also at one time in management with this company . enjoyed my time with this company and would have no problem working for them again.
Pros
opportunities for advancement
Cons
pay not always as good as some others
Pyramid was like a Pyramid
This position was a great learning experience that gave me a good foundation for future opportunities. Through analysis and engineering of the Examination Tool Suite application that Bank Examiner's used, I was able to develop and decipher business requirements. It was a good base of my career pyramid in the sense that I learned good organizational communication, critical thinking skills, and business analyst skills. Management was unstable because there was a significant amount of turn over among my supervisors and managers which made annual evaluations and meeting deadlines difficult. I appreciate my experience at Pyramid Systems, and will use it to build up to my pinnacle of working in finance, business, and law in the near future
Pros
Friendly and open communication with coworkers, catered lunches
Cons
Insufficient compensation, Management was unstable, Commute to Arlington
August 15, 2019
Very exciting place to work, learn,and grow
I loved greeting employees and vistors with a smile on a daily basis. Enjoyed the company and co-worker easy going family oriented moral.
Pros
company lunches, good health benefits, good pay
Cons
contract ended
very fast pace high demands
I must say my bosses are great to work for and a opportunity to learn ,the co-workers are great I have came close to a few of them,the hardest part of the Job I would say is delivering some of the cabinets and getting them in the rooms were they go without damaging any walls.
Pros
descent pay
Cons
no benefits
August 15, 2019
Looks like there may be a mix up here! Pyramid Systems, Inc., is located in Fairfax, VA and we have never had a location in CA. We also have never had any positions related to cabinet installations/deliveries. We provide IT Solutions to government and commercial clients.