Q-Centrix Employee Reviews

Progressive Company
Strategic Growth Manager (Current Employee) –  Portsmouth, NHSeptember 17, 2018
I have worked with Q-Centrix for over 5 years; initially starting off as an abstractor and moving into management, upper management and then to Business Development. This, by far, has been the best career move I have ever made for myself and my family. Q-Centrix is very family oriented so I truly have a great work-life balance. While I maintain pretty traditional hours due to the work I do, my day is flexible and I am able to take off to attend events at my children's school, take them to appointments, etc. The pay is great and they have a great PTO benefit. I love that if I want to, I can work in my pajama pants all day. The workplace culture is great, this company likes to have fun and the marketing department is great at keeping the employees engaged. Most managers have been here for several years and it is a great multi-disciplinary team who goes out of their way to help each other grow and learn. This company is forward thinking and well established and if you so choose to advance, there are opportunities to do so! I highly recommend working for Q-Centrix.
Pros
Great work-life balance
Cons
Must be disciplined to work at home without any direct supervision.
Client Services Manager (Current Employee) –  Portsmouth, NHJune 28, 2018
I really don't want to . I work from home. That's the good part. It is not consistent with pay. The benefits are not good. The only good thing is working from home unfortunately which keeps me there.
July 3, 2018

Thank you for your comments. I'm sorry to hear that there are certain aspects of the job you're not completely happy with. Compensation is an issue we welcome direct feedback on from the team. As the model has evolved, we have worked to keep everyone informed through regular updates, educational resources, company town halls, and always being available to answer questions.

Overall, the new model is designed to empower team members to meet and exceed their goals. Not only does it stabilize case rates but it rewards productivity through a bonus system that was previously unavailable – improvements that were much needed. One option for you is to ask your Senior Manager for added options to increase your earnings, including additional client assignments, efficiency tips. You may also contact me if you'd like to discuss further.

As for benefits, the options available do depend on whether you’re part or full time. If you have questions about this, please get in touch with me and we can discuss your situation. That said, one thing that's true for all team members is our career path. Anyone interested in the next step of a Q-C career can consider applying for a more senior position. For instance, our team leader position offers a lot of the same advantages of our part time positions but with full-time benefits that include health coverage, 401K, and paid time off.

I hope this information helps and thanks again for your feedback!

Jelena Virijevic, VP of Client Services

Best employer I've had!
Business Development (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 31, 2018
I love my Q-Centrix family. I started at an entry-level position less than two years ago and have gotten two promotions since. This company really rewards you for the effort you put into your job. I have had excellent leadership role models throughout my time here, and working with my colleagues is more than enjoyable. The best part of this job is the flexibility that has mostly eliminated the stress of trying to balance work and home life. The one thing the company could improve is the cost of benefits. It is much higher than at other jobs I've had, and I hope that as the company grows, it will be able to cover a higher percentage of the costs.
Pros
Work-life balance, company culture
Cons
Benefits are expensive
July 3, 2018

We're so pleased to see you're enjoying your experience here! The benefits and career growth are definitely perks we're proud to offer our team members. As for the cost of benefits, we’re continuously reviewing our benefit programs to ensure we're getting the best value. I’m always open to feedback about what you want more of in the future. So please feel free to reach out to me if you’d like to chat about your benefits or plan options.

All the best,
Kelly True, Senior Manager, Human Resources
hr@q-centrix.com

Slave wages
Abstractor (Current Employee) –  RemoteApril 3, 2018
While I love all that I do at Q-Centrix, this is the only job that I have had where I got quarterly pay cuts. No cost of living raises, no merit raises. What they call case rate adjustments is pay cuts for the backbone of the company.
Pros
working from home
Cons
frequent pay cuts
April 6, 2018

As VP of Client Services, I take your feedback very seriously, and want to ensure each of our associates has a positive experience. Every day, I hear from team members who love their work, and I’m pleased to read that you do, too. Related to your other comments, I understand that change can cause concern, so I want to discuss your opinions and provide some points of clarification.

Throughout the past year, we’ve reached out to the team to solicit feedback on several topics, including compensation. In response to this feedback, we set out to evolve the compensation model. This pay-for-performance model is changing—but certainly not with an eye toward cutting wages. Because it’s designed to reward productivity, efficiency, quality, and a team member’s commitment to the organization, it enables each high-performing team member to consistently meet or exceed their targets.

If you’re having any difficulty meeting your goals, I hope you’ll take advantage of the education and resources we’ve provided. I also encourage you to chat with your manager and/or reach out to me directly to see how we can help you thrive within this structure.

-Jelena Virijevic, VP of Client Services

Drastic Compensation Cuts and No Advancement Opportunities
Abstractor (Current Employee) –  Portsmouth, NHApril 3, 2018
Take note that most reviews are that of salaried employees who are not affected by compensation changes. Hard work and productivity of the abstractors and team leaders are rewarded with frequent compensation cuts and no advancement opportunities. The company tend to use the "you get to work from home" as an acceptable reason for their actions.
Pros
Work from home
Cons
compensation, benefits
April 6, 2018

I want to start this note by assuring you that we’re committed to creating a positive career experience for our team members, and I hope that we can connect to see how we might improve your particular situation.

While I hope to speak with you further, I’d also like to address your concerns here and provide some clarification. As you’re probably aware, we’ve been soliciting team member feedback throughout the past year and have developed several initiatives in response to what we’ve heard. This includes the introduction of several new career paths, as well as the evolution of our compensation model which is designed to reward productivity, efficiency, quality, and commitment to the organization.

I hope you’ll reach out to me directly so that we can discuss these updates to our structure and find a way for you to meet your goals. Please feel free to send me an email at jelena.virijevic@q-centrix.com.

Jelena Virijevic, VP of Client Services

Never Looked Back
Business Development (Current Employee) –  RemoteMarch 15, 2018
I have been with Q-Centrix for 5 years. The culture encourages teamwork and provides a flexible schedule for all. I enjoy the ability to work independently and my co-workers are second to none! Best professional decision I ever made!
Q-Centrix
Clinical Data Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Portsmouth, NHFebruary 9, 2018
Very supportive staff in all departments of Q-centrix. Highly recommend this employer if your seeking part-time and/or full time status. Its a great way to earn extra money and further your experience with highly qualified support personnel.
Pros
flexible
Cons
waiting for cases to be uploaded
remove abstraction
Data Abstraction Specialist (Former Employee) –  Portsmouth, NHFebruary 5, 2018
This was my first remote position. I only worked part-time, was a great company to work with/for, the flexibility was great. Learned a lot and pleased with compensation.
Fast-paced and interesting
Marketing Manager (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILDecember 29, 2017
I really enjoy working for a company that has a positive impact on healthcare quality. Q-Centrix is a fast-paced and interesting place to work. Definitely a results-driven organization that is best for self-starters and highly-motivated individuals. With that, they encourage new ideas and foster growth - both professionally and personally.
Pros
Great colleagues, interesting work
Meaningful Work
Senior Specialist (Current Employee) –  Orange County, CADecember 27, 2017
I’ve seen this company grow immensely over the past three years. As a team member you truly feel like you are impacting the success of the company and patient care. The people here are incredibly supportive and motivating. And, your work is meaningful no matter your department.
Fun, collaborative, and intellectually stimulating environment
Manager (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILDecember 21, 2017
I started at Q-Centrix this past year and have enjoyed each day I've been here. Everyone I interact with at Q-Centrix is hard working, knowledgeable, and helpful. I came to Q-Centrix with minimal experience in the healthcare industry but had multiple colleagues help me get up to speed. My favorite part of working here is that I am constantly learning something new and getting to work on diverse projects. I also appreciate how friendly the Chicago office is. Overall, a great place to work for growing your career and having fun along the way!
Motivated individuals and an awesome workplace
Accounting Intern (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILDecember 18, 2017
I've been with Q-Centrix for almost a year now and I've had a great experience. Everyone is always willing to share their knowledge and would really like to see you succeed. Management is approachable and the environment is super relaxed. This being my first internship, I learned so much and met awesome people. The best part of the job is the balance between school and work for me. I honestly have no cons for the company and would recommend to others in the future.
Pros
Flexible, Relaxed, Friendly Environment
Best job
Specialist (Current Employee) –  RemoteDecember 5, 2017
I couldn't be happier with this company. From Day 1, I've received nothing but support from my team. I was hesitant to make the move since it was a new model to me but I eventually made the jump and it was one of the best decisions I've made. If you do good work, the sky is truly the limit here.
Pros
Leadership is open to feedback, very transparent. Hard work is rewarded.
Cons
I'd like to see more medical coverage options
Great Place to Work
Anonymous (Current Employee) –  Portsmouth, NHDecember 5, 2017
I have been working at Q-Centrix for a little over 6 months and I love it! The company values their employees and work life balance is a reoccurring theme throughout management. The culture in the office is very transparent and management is always willing to listen to employee’s suggestions to make improvements in the company. I first started as an entry level employee, but I feel that I have already advanced in my career at Q-Centrix, taking on new responsibilities and learning about areas I was not familiar with prior to working here. I am very happy with my decision to join Q-Centrix!
Productive and fun place
Finance (Current Employee) –  ChicagoDecember 4, 2017
Q-Centrix is an awesome place to work! I genuinely believe management cares just as much about the success of the company as they do about the success of their employees.
Determined Company with Understanding of Work/Life Balance
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Portsmouth, NHDecember 4, 2017
This is a great company with an even better team. Everyone here is very supportive and driven in their overall career goals and determination to help our clients, co-workers, and others alike. Collectively, the company works vigorously to continuously change and update processes to remain efficient and meet client requests. I feel totally comfortable to approach upper management with suggestions of changes to improve and they always have time. I have witnessed other employees bring forward suggestions that were given the same attention, as well. At the same time, they are understanding and need to have a personal life outside of work and promote this as a standard across the board for all positions. I would recommend to anyone to work for Q-Centrix.
Salary reductions
Senior Quality Information Specialist (Current Employee) –  RemoteNovember 27, 2017
I have been an employee for 5 years. The benefit of this company is working from home with a flexible schedule. The drawbacks are a continual decrease in pay and poor information systems support. Case rates are constantly being reduced. The majority of the employees are part time and the extra bonuses are only applicable to full time employees. I have not had a raise in my 5 years of employment. The company is able to do this because the employees are remote and choose poor pay for the ability to have a flexible schedule.
Pros
work from home and flexible
Cons
poor pay
December 5, 2017

As a member of the Q-Centrix leadership team, I’m sorry to hear that you’ve had anything but a positive experience at Q-Centrix. I’d like to respond to a couple of your comments, but I hope you’ll reach out to me directly to discuss your concerns. I welcome any feedback you have and am always available to discuss it one-on-one.

First, I’m concerned about your comment regarding our information systems and would love to talk about your experience to understand what we can do to improve.

As well, we know that our pay-for-performance compensation structure is unique, and we do everything in our power to help the team learn how it works and how to make it work for them. This includes regular updates about our pay structure, what to expect from it, and how to grow within it. In fact, just last week we had a company-wide Town Hall inviting compensation-related questions and comments. If you have any other ideas on how we can help you grow, please let me know. You can share your thoughts with me directly, or submit them anonymously through our Question & Suggestions Box.

If you’re willing, please email me at jelena.virijevic@q-centrix.com.

-Jelena Virijevic, VP Operations and Human Resources

Great people, great work environment, great job!
Business Administrator (Current Employee) –  Portsmouth, NHNovember 13, 2017
Every worker at Q-Centrix believes in our mission so much that it is inspiring! Love this job and I love that we have so many opportunities to learn and grow! Management is so approachable. They really do listen and value everyone's opinion. I look forward to working every day, and the flexibility allows me to have a life outside of work as well!
Pros
Unlimited Growth, Work/Life Flexibility
Awesome place to work!
Quality Information Speacilist (Current Employee) –  Effingham County, ILOctober 30, 2017
I love working at Q-centrix!! I get to work from home, which is awesome!! The leaders are great, and reach out to you on a personal level. Even though they are not the next desk over, help is always available!!
Abstractor
Abstractor (Former Employee) –  ILOctober 17, 2017
Slow to get you up to the hours promised. I was hourly and then they cut the pay into per case basis. So basically making minimum wage. Very little notice was given that the pay structure was changing. It was nice to work from home, but the pay is awful. The number of charts that need to be abstracted from the hospital basically stays the same, so you can't abstract more charts to earn more money.
Pros
work from home
Cons
low pay

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Q-Centrix. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about