Q-Centrix Employee Reviews

Grest
Remote RN senior analysist (Current Employee) –  Danville, VASeptember 10, 2019
Great love working here. Flexible hours. Great team and supervisors. Would reccomend this job. Have to a
Have home office. And fast internet. They do have fulltime.
Productive and fun workplace
Information Systems Analyst (Former Employee) –  Portsmouth, NHAugust 21, 2019
Great work life balance, staff is friendly, managers easy to work with, the only issue with this company is the pay is not where it needs to be for new hampshire job market
August 28, 2019

Thank you for sharing your feedback. It's so great to hear what you liked about your time on the team!

Regarding the comment on pay, compensation for our full-time positions is based on a combination of factors, including job requirements, team member skill level, performance, and of course, comparable industry rates. That said, we can confidently assure everyone that pay grades and salary ranges are regularly reviewed to ensure wage levels and increases remain competitive with respect to both role and location; not to mention, we offer a generous benefits package that includes health coverage, 401K, and paid time off that meets or exceeds what’s offered at similar companies.

Compensation is also part of our regular performance review process that all managers and their team members are involved in, so we hope these opportunities to address any questions about a particular role's requirements and pay are being used to their full advantage.

Kelly True, Director, Human Resources
hr@q-centrix.com

Excellent company in many ways, but recent reorganization changes make it hard to predict moving forward.
Director of Business Development (Former Employee) –  Portsmouth, NHJune 11, 2019
Provided much opportunity for me to learn the quality hospital business. One quite positive aspect is the degree to which management take your feedback seriously. However, there have been numerous incidences of the company reneging on payment which are quite disturbing.
July 1, 2019

We’re happy to hear you gained a new appreciation for the healthcare quality industry during your tenure at Q-Centrix. Our goal is to continuously support our team’s growth and development, so they can confidently take the next step in their career even if that role is with another organization.

I’m sorry to read that you were not happy about the sales compensation structure. To clarify, we use the common practice of adjusting commission payments based on the actual or ongoing contract values. It is a fair practice that ensures our commission payments accurately reflect the impact on revenue. It also ensures that our sales team is invested in our hospital partners. As you said in your review, our management team takes feedback seriously – whether you are a past or present employee. If you’d like to share your experience and suggestions, we’re always open to constructive feedback. Feel to reach out to us at any time at the contact information below.

Thank you for dedicating your time and energy to Q-Centrix.

Cathy Felts, Vice President, Experience
cathy.felts@q-centrix.com

Pay decreases
Abstractor/Senior Quality Information Specialist (Current Employee) –  RemoteMay 3, 2019
I have been with Q-Centrix for 5 years. Initially, I was hired at an hourly wage of $27/hr.This was a $5 decrease for doing the same job at my hospital. I was willing to take the pay cut in-order to work from home. About 4 years ago they went to "pay for performance" compensation plan, AKA case rate. I am a detail oriented abstractor that prefers to take my time and do an excellent job. Reviews of my charts are always 100% accurate. But with the case rate I now average $20-22/hr. I have greater than 30 years experience as an RN. Friends of mine that work remotely for hospitals and home health average $70-$80,000/year. A ridiculous difference in pay. Any position above Senior Quality Information Specialist (SQIS) and Team Leader make a very good salary. Management stay in 4 and 5 star hotels when at meetings, eat at very nice restaurants and are extravagant. QC is the typical company where the main workers are paid poorly. Besides the low pay SQIS's are required to review QC emails and client emails and other computer time under "General Time" which is unpaid! I love working from home and the flexibility that it gives me which is why I have stayed this long and had planned to stay 10+years but now I am looking everyday for another job here on Indeed. The people are great to work with and QC tries to make a warm welcoming environment. QC has a 48% turnover rate for the SQIS's. They need to recognize that the reason we work is to pay our bills and save. Therefore, compensation should be the priority to keeping employees happy.
Pros
Working from home and nice people
Cons
Unbelievable low pay.
July 17, 2019

At Q-Centrix, we’ve had a pay-for-performance compensation model since our founding more than eight years ago. The model empowers our team to determine their own hourly rate based on their efficiency and quality and it allows us to offer transparent case-rate pricing to our partners. While there are average hourly rates that your comments do not reflect, compensation is extremely individual. For that reason, we encourage our team to work with their direct supervisor to ensure they’re earning their greatest potential income. And, we’ve equipped our team of Senior Managers and Team Leaders with best practices to increase your earning potential. These individuals are always available to you for added coaching. In addition, depending upon your current skillset, you may also be eligible to participate in cross-training opportunities to learn new skills. Further, abstracting data may not be the ideal role for you. There are plenty of opportunities within the organization that benefit from your experience and allow you to work-from-home, such as our Quality Department which seems to be a passion of yours’. Please reach out to careers@q-centrix.com for more information.
Further, our organization may no longer suits your needs, that’s ok too. We are and will always be grateful for the five years you dedicated here.

However, if you are still interested in spending 10+ years with us, please reach out to me directly at the contact information listed below. I’d love to be a part of your continued career growth here because I know that Q-Centrix is anything but average.

Jelena Virijevic,  more... VP of Client Services
Jelena.virijevic@q-centrix.com

Could have potential if management was Respectful and Pay was better
Senior Quality Information Specialist (Former Employee) –  RemoteFebruary 18, 2019
Used to be a Senior Quality Information Specialist. Pay started off reasonable at 28.00 per chart abstracted and after 6 months pay went down to 18.00 per chart. NO benefits were given and you were not allowed to take any vacation time since they always had weekly deadlines.
Nurse's are expected to abstract medical information from charts and interpret surgeon's notes to 100% accuracy, which is impossible when some EMR are scanned in ahnd written nots that are not legible. Also there is a lot of data that is actually above an RN's education and is most likely not accuratley abstracted, This is not fair or good for the companies that hire Q-centrix to do their abstractions.
It would be much more beneficial for a hospital to hire their own database abstractors instead of resourcing out to a company that is not abstracting quality and accurate data.
Management was very condescending and did not appreciate or respect employees with college degrees and years of experience.
It was very nice to be able to work from home, but would feel guilty knowing co-workers were intentionally entering incorrect data so they could meet deadlines
Pros
remote
Cons
management, pay, unrealistic deadlines
July 17, 2019

As the VP of Client Delivery, I encourage anyone on the team to reach out to me directly when their experience is not meeting their expectations, as has our CEO and VP of Experience. As a former employee, my door will always be open for you, too. If you are interested in having a productive conversation about your experience, please e-mail me at Jelena.virijevic@q-centrix.com. I’ll also include the others’ emails below.

Now, in all due respect to your experience, your comments include some inaccuracies that require my attention first. Most importantly, we offer our employees benefits. In fact, in 2019 we had a record number of employees participate in our benefits. Any team member who commits to 30 hours or more a week can participate in our full-time benefits which include 401K plus matching, health/dental, vision, short- and long-term disability, paid holidays and paid time off. Further, our part-time employees are encouraged to enroll in our 401K plus matching benefit.

Relative to our Quality Information Specialists schedules, we encourage our team to take advantage of the flexible schedule our work-from-home model offers and enjoy well-earned vacations. We simply ask that team members coordinate their time away with their supervisor to arrange coverage for deadlines. I think you’ll find that to be a common process within most businesses. And, while I’m not surprised to hear that you think our standard of data accuracy and quality is hard to achieve--it is intended to be that way–our team has proven throughout the last 8 years that is not impossible. You simply must be  more... the best. That’s why we only hire 11% of the applicants we receive each month. Our clients demand that their data have the gold standard for quality and accuracy so that’s what we deliver thanks to our team’s expertise and our quality program, featuring data element match rates of greater than 97%.

Finally, I would argue that more than 550 hospitals disagree with your statement that our partnership does not offer the best, most comprehensive management of quality data.

Unfortunately, your comments cause me to question your commitment to quality. We are an organization built upon mutual respect with the highest integrity. We strive to be explicitly transparent and unapologetically accurate. We hold ourselves and one another accountable for our actions, performance, and results. But most importantly, we do not ask anyone to sacrifice quality—in any shape or form. It’s a promise we successfully deliver to our team and partners every day.

That being said, I sincerely encourage you to contact me to further discuss your experience as it clearly deviates from my goal for you and our organization.

Sincerely,

Jelena

Milton Silva-Craig, CEO
milton.silvacraig@q-centrix.com

Cathy Felts, Vice President, Experience
cathy.felts@q-centrix.com

Driven team with focus on quality and customer service
sales (Current Employee) –  chicagoOctober 19, 2018
Q-Centrix is a solid company that provides great flexibility with remote work that promotes work/life balance. Leadership is engaged and CEO is very approachable who takes employee feedback seriously. There is a great deal of teamwork and customer service that make QC the industry leader in quality abstraction services. Many career opportunities to grow within the company. I learn something new every day and that's why I love what I do at QC!
Pros
teamwork, work/life balance, engaged leadership, talented team
Cons
cross-department communication could be improved, benefits
October 24, 2018

Thank you for the feedback! Many of the Pros you mentioned reflect all the wonderful folks on our team and our unique culture. We're also proud to offer the benefits package that we do – and appreciate hearing what everyone thinks of it.

Regarding the comment on cross-team communication, we do work to provide as may opportunities as possible for folks to connect and get to know one another – be it through Yammer, video conferencing capabilities, or company events. We also deliberately created a number of cross-functional project teams, helping to open up lines of communication, and made serious strides in engaging all departments in our quarterly newsletter updates. That said, we know how crucial all of this is to coming up with new ideas and ways of doing what we do better, so please feel free to reach out to me directly at the email below with any specific thoughts or ideas you have.

Progressive Company
Strategic Growth Manager (Current Employee) –  Portsmouth, NHSeptember 17, 2018
I have worked with Q-Centrix for over 5 years; initially starting off as an abstractor and moving into management, upper management and then to Business Development. This, by far, has been the best career move I have ever made for myself and my family. Q-Centrix is very family oriented so I truly have a great work-life balance. While I maintain pretty traditional hours due to the work I do, my day is flexible and I am able to take off to attend events at my children's school, take them to appointments, etc. The pay is great and they have a great PTO benefit. I love that if I want to, I can work in my pajama pants all day. The workplace culture is great, this company likes to have fun and the marketing department is great at keeping the employees engaged. Most managers have been here for several years and it is a great multi-disciplinary team who goes out of their way to help each other grow and learn. This company is forward thinking and well established and if you so choose to advance, there are opportunities to do so! I highly recommend working for Q-Centrix.
Pros
Great work-life balance
Cons
Must be disciplined to work at home without any direct supervision.
September 24, 2018

Thank you for sharing your thoughts. We’re so glad you mentioned your career advancement. While it's not a benefit in the same sense as say our PTO policy, it’s something we feel shows just how much we value our team members and the investment we're willing to make in anyone looking to further their career and willing to put in the hard work to do so. Congratulations on all that you have achieved!

Great Learning Environment for Juniors; Poor Upward Mobility
Full Stack Web Developer (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJuly 23, 2018
If your a fresh engineer on the market, I'd highly recommend this place. They've put a lot of work into to making the office fun and highly educational. The work isn't that difficult though so it doesn't really prepare you for your next position. Which if you want any upward mobility, you will have to seek out. It's one of those companies where it doesn't feel like there's any good way to ask for a raise on that uncompetitive salary you agreed to because you were desperate. Rocking the boat can get you canned and even if you get the raise you'll been seen as a target for a future layoff.
Pros
flexible hours, programming book club, game room, strong review standards
Cons
zero incentive to work harder, uncompetitive salary, low job security, never cleaned the carpets
July 26, 2018

We appreciate you taking the time to comment. It's so great that you feel our workplace environment is both fun and educational!

The degree you're challenged really varies from employee to employee depending on previous experience and current assignments. That said, the work our engineers do builds professional software development habits that many agree are useful in future roles. Our engineers also get to tackle common web development issues amid a growing business, which is invaluable experience for any engineer in the field.

While every position comes with its own expectations, we welcome and, in fact, encourage, through training and leadership development, managers to develop ongoing discussions with team members about projects and responsibilities.

Additionally, career advancement opportunities for our engineers is actually one of our strong points. We've had several people advance from lower to higher-level engineer positions in a relatively short timeframe, as far as job advancement typically goes – and with corresponding pay increases.

Regarding your comment on asking for a raise, we respectfully disagree. We have always welcomed questions about compensation and go to great lengths to ensure our team members are aware of advancement opportunities as well as how pay increases may be achieved. They can also contact me if they’d like to discuss further. And to be clear, we have never let someone go nor ever considered doing so because they asked about a raise.

Client Services Manager (Current Employee) –  Portsmouth, NHJune 28, 2018
I really don't want to . I work from home. That's the good part. It is not consistent with pay. The benefits are not good. The only good thing is working from home unfortunately which keeps me there.
July 3, 2018

Thank you for your comments. I'm sorry to hear that there are certain aspects of the job you're not completely happy with. Compensation is an issue we welcome direct feedback on from the team. As the model has evolved, we have worked to keep everyone informed through regular updates, educational resources, company town halls, and always being available to answer questions.

Overall, the new model is designed to empower team members to meet and exceed their goals. Not only does it stabilize case rates but it rewards productivity through a bonus system that was previously unavailable – improvements that were much needed. One option for you is to ask your Senior Manager for added options to increase your earnings, including additional client assignments, efficiency tips. You may also contact me if you'd like to discuss further.

As for benefits, the options available do depend on whether you’re part or full time. If you have questions about this, please get in touch with me and we can discuss your situation. That said, one thing that's true for all team members is our career path. Anyone interested in the next step of a Q-C career can consider applying for a more senior position. For instance, our team leader position offers a lot of the same advantages of our part time positions but with full-time benefits that include health coverage, 401K, and paid time off.

I hope this information helps and thanks again for your feedback!

Best employer I've had!
Business Development (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 31, 2018
I love my Q-Centrix family. I started at an entry-level position less than two years ago and have gotten two promotions since. This company really rewards you for the effort you put into your job. I have had excellent leadership role models throughout my time here, and working with my colleagues is more than enjoyable. The best part of this job is the flexibility that has mostly eliminated the stress of trying to balance work and home life. The one thing the company could improve is the cost of benefits. It is much higher than at other jobs I've had, and I hope that as the company grows, it will be able to cover a higher percentage of the costs.
Pros
Work-life balance, company culture
Cons
Benefits are expensive
July 3, 2018

We're so pleased to see you're enjoying your experience here! The benefits and career growth are definitely perks we're proud to offer our team members. As for the cost of benefits, we’re continuously reviewing our benefit programs to ensure we're getting the best value. I’m always open to feedback about what you want more of in the future. So please feel free to reach out to me if you’d like to chat about your benefits or plan options.

Slave wages
Abstractor (Current Employee) –  RemoteApril 3, 2018
While I love all that I do at Q-Centrix, this is the only job that I have had where I got quarterly pay cuts. No cost of living raises, no merit raises. What they call case rate adjustments is pay cuts for the backbone of the company.
Pros
working from home
Cons
frequent pay cuts
April 6, 2018

As VP of Client Services, I take your feedback very seriously, and want to ensure each of our associates has a positive experience. Every day, I hear from team members who love their work, and I’m pleased to read that you do, too. Related to your other comments, I understand that change can cause concern, so I want to discuss your opinions and provide some points of clarification.

Throughout the past year, we’ve reached out to the team to solicit feedback on several topics, including compensation. In response to this feedback, we set out to evolve the compensation model. This pay-for-performance model is changing—but certainly not with an eye toward cutting wages. Because it’s designed to reward productivity, efficiency, quality, and a team member’s commitment to the organization, it enables each high-performing team member to consistently meet or exceed their targets.

If you’re having any difficulty meeting your goals, I hope you’ll take advantage of the education and resources we’ve provided. I also encourage you to chat with your manager and/or reach out to me directly to see how we can help you thrive within this structure.

-Jelena Virijevic, VP of Client Services

Drastic Compensation Cuts and No Advancement Opportunities
Abstractor (Current Employee) –  Portsmouth, NHApril 3, 2018
Take note that most reviews are that of salaried employees who are not affected by compensation changes. Hard work and productivity of the abstractors and team leaders are rewarded with frequent compensation cuts and no advancement opportunities. The company tend to use the "you get to work from home" as an acceptable reason for their actions.
Pros
Work from home
Cons
compensation, benefits
April 6, 2018

I want to start this note by assuring you that we’re committed to creating a positive career experience for our team members, and I hope that we can connect to see how we might improve your particular situation.

While I hope to speak with you further, I’d also like to address your concerns here and provide some clarification. As you’re probably aware, we’ve been soliciting team member feedback throughout the past year and have developed several initiatives in response to what we’ve heard. This includes the introduction of several new career paths, as well as the evolution of our compensation model which is designed to reward productivity, efficiency, quality, and commitment to the organization.

I hope you’ll reach out to me directly so that we can discuss these updates to our structure and find a way for you to meet your goals. Please feel free to send me an email at jelena.virijevic@q-centrix.com.

Never Looked Back
Business Development (Current Employee) –  RemoteMarch 15, 2018
I have been with Q-Centrix for 5 years. The culture encourages teamwork and provides a flexible schedule for all. I enjoy the ability to work independently and my co-workers are second to none! Best professional decision I ever made!
Q-Centrix
Clinical Data Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Portsmouth, NHFebruary 9, 2018
Very supportive staff in all departments of Q-centrix. Highly recommend this employer if your seeking part-time and/or full time status. Its a great way to earn extra money and further your experience with highly qualified support personnel.
Pros
flexible
Cons
waiting for cases to be uploaded
remove abstraction
Data Abstraction Specialist (Former Employee) –  Portsmouth, NHFebruary 5, 2018
This was my first remote position. I only worked part-time, was a great company to work with/for, the flexibility was great. Learned a lot and pleased with compensation.
Fast-paced and interesting
Marketing Manager (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILDecember 29, 2017
I really enjoy working for a company that has a positive impact on healthcare quality. Q-Centrix is a fast-paced and interesting place to work. Definitely a results-driven organization that is best for self-starters and highly-motivated individuals. With that, they encourage new ideas and foster growth - both professionally and personally.
Pros
Great colleagues, interesting work
Meaningful Work
Senior Specialist (Current Employee) –  Orange County, CADecember 27, 2017
I’ve seen this company grow immensely over the past three years. As a team member you truly feel like you are impacting the success of the company and patient care. The people here are incredibly supportive and motivating. And, your work is meaningful no matter your department.
Fun, collaborative, and intellectually stimulating environment
Manager (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILDecember 21, 2017
I started at Q-Centrix this past year and have enjoyed each day I've been here. Everyone I interact with at Q-Centrix is hard working, knowledgeable, and helpful. I came to Q-Centrix with minimal experience in the healthcare industry but had multiple colleagues help me get up to speed. My favorite part of working here is that I am constantly learning something new and getting to work on diverse projects. I also appreciate how friendly the Chicago office is. Overall, a great place to work for growing your career and having fun along the way!
Motivated individuals and an awesome workplace
Accounting Intern (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILDecember 18, 2017
I've been with Q-Centrix for almost a year now and I've had a great experience. Everyone is always willing to share their knowledge and would really like to see you succeed. Management is approachable and the environment is super relaxed. This being my first internship, I learned so much and met awesome people. The best part of the job is the balance between school and work for me. I honestly have no cons for the company and would recommend to others in the future.
Pros
Flexible, Relaxed, Friendly Environment
Best job
Specialist (Current Employee) –  RemoteDecember 5, 2017
I couldn't be happier with this company. From Day 1, I've received nothing but support from my team. I was hesitant to make the move since it was a new model to me but I eventually made the jump and it was one of the best decisions I've made. If you do good work, the sky is truly the limit here.
Pros
Leadership is open to feedback, very transparent. Hard work is rewarded.
Cons
I'd like to see more medical coverage options

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Q-Centrix. Our community is ready to answer.