Q-Lab Corporation

Working at Q-Lab Corporation: 15 Reviews

United States15 reviews

Fun workplace

Great work culture Flexible hours for employees with children. I specifically work on one of are clients products only. Work can be in office work and working outdoor as well.

Culture, Culture, Culture!

After a long career in various sales environments, it is refreshing to see a company truly embrace a culture of "Doing the right thing" for the customer and the employee. Doing the right thing trumps maximizing profits in every situation. This culture comes from the top-down and is truly embraced by every department from manufacturing, to engineering, sales, and leadership. Performance is rewarded but no one at any level is placed in what I would consider "high pressure" situations to perform their duties. Come to work, work hard, do the right thing. It's that simple! This is a global company with a great Niche and very little competition, so long term job security is very high. I would recommend this company to anyone.

Pros

Great culture, fair pay, not a high pressure work environment

Cons

Smaller company, so not much room for career growth (But, you can still have income growth).

Q-Lab Corporation insights

Areas for improvement
  • Support from manager
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • Trust in colleagues

Absolute Garbage

The management at this place was horrific. The word "estimate" meant that whatever I suggested needed to be perfectly correct each time with no room for error. They were rude to customers calling for estimates all the time, with snotty remarks as to why they couldn't just run certain tests. The office staff was a complete nightmare, so I only hung out with the actual scientists that performed the tests because they were the only decent people there. It was run like a military bootcamp with no music, laughter, noise, or anything considered a little bit fun to lighten the terrible mood that permeated the building all day. When the big wigs from Ohio came in one day, they waited until after they left to fire me instead of just doing it the day before. Maybe the Ohio location is better, but this place was one of my worst job experiences.

Productive place to work where there is room for growth. Most people are there and ready to help you learn and adapt to what you need to adapt to. Great place.

Great place to work!

Great atmosphere, Dynamic environment, Treated with respect. Amazing group of highly skilled and respectful individuals. Still a small company with little room for advancement but a great place to gain relevant experience in the manufacturing industry.

Innovative, Rewarding, Family

Q-Lab Corporation is the type of company that you are ecstatic about getting up every day to come to work. It is the type of company that makes you believe in something more than the boring 9 to 5 jobs elsewhere. They treat you like family here. Everyone gets along with each other in every department. It starts at the top the owner wants to see you succeed because when you do, so does Q-Lab Corporation. Everyone is hand-picked to work here and that alone is pretty special. We all have a hand in making the company produce. It never goes without reward. We have been the Top Workplace FIVE years in a row this speaks volumes about Q-Lab Corporation. We are worldwide and headquarters are in Westlake, OH. Every product is USA made. I am honored to tell friends, family and even strangers that I love working at Q-Lab Corporation.

Pros

Events, Benefits, 401k, Holiday pay, Pto, Employee growth, Collaborative

Nice work environment

Perform field service repairs, calibrations at customer sites traveling across the USA. Provide service and support via emails and phone to customers to solve their issues.

Micromanaged from the owner down

Nearly everyone there is very kind and friend. The company is disorganized and there is no sense of urgency in anything that is being done. Because of the micromanaging at the highest level there was little opportunity for me to have ownership of the work I performed.

Pros

Friendly environment, good benefits

Cons

No personal ownership of the work you do, no expectation that you need to try at your job

A company full of integrity and comradery

I worked here two years, and although no place is perfect, I am quick to admit that Q-Lab is a really great place to work. I left because there was no room for advancement and so I was never going to be paid what I wanted, but the atmosphere made it difficult to actually leave. Q-Lab prides itself of being a company with heart, and I think this shines through in the people they have hired throughout the company. From the CEO down to the shipping department, everyone is so genuinely amazing, caring, and supportive. I have been hard pressed to find a better group of people to work with. The managers may not be perfect and some issues here or there are to be expected, but the sense of community and teamwork made it really an enjoyable place to work. If they offered me a management role I would gladly return ;)

Pros

Sense of community, supportive, work-life balance

Cons

No room for growth or promotion (too small still).

Great staff but horrible management

Work was productive but management was poor and irrational thinkers. Very unfair not a place where you can talk to management and don't give people the opportunity to expand.

Great Environment

Every body is very helpful. It was very easy for me to understand the system. Well organized. Research and Development team rocks along with the Purchase Department.

Pros

Free Coffees, Flexible timings

Great Company

Good benefits, culture, and innovation. Great environment to work in. My family work balance was achievable and I enjoyed working their

Job Interview

Went to meet with the manager and it appeared it was a done deal I was suppose to meet with the management team but then they pulled a surprise psychological test from a 3rd party outfit to do one of those shrink tests. The lady from the 3rd party firm was very rude and try to throw trick questions rewording it. Although the 3rd party said there were no right or wrong answers I beg to differ. Soon after I received a email with a don't call us will call you. Oh well their loss.

Pros

N\a

Cons

A psychological test will determine your fate if you are going to get hired.

Incredible Experience

Even though this was only a short term internship, I enjoyed it very much. I learned so much in the time I worked there. Computer building, desktop support, using software to deploy images to the new machines. Management was very good, the coworkers were awesome. The hardest part of my job was learning, but it was also the most enjoyable. I learned so much working in that kind of environment that I want to do this for my career.

relaxed and respectful work environment

Managemnet treats employees with respect and the work environment is not stressful at all. Some benefits are very good such as a retirement plan where the company contributes to individual retirement accounts. Health insurance plan is average at best and the dental plan is pretty bad. The company culture promotes accountability without blame. I don't get the impression that there is much opportunity to advance within the company.

Pros

relaxed work environment

Cons

obvious nepotism

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Q-Lab Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.5 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Q-Lab Corporation Reviews by Location

Learn about Q-Lab Corporation in popular locations

• Q-Lab Corporation
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?