Q Carriers, Inc. Employee Reviews

Cheap company!!!
Driver (Former Employee) –  Shakopee, MNJuly 19, 2018
Where can I start? No apu's, one person say you can idle but the owner son sends a message that you are over 10 percent idle.. If you don't want no one to idle, put some apu's on the truck! Very high insurance for drivers. But the office staff has a less expensive insurance plan.
Bad place to work at
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Shakopee, MNJuly 11, 2017
I really did not like the company to much. I did not get much home time like they said I would. Second of all people net is a joke. I would never lease through that company. I also was in violation's at the last I left before it got worse
Terrible company
OFFICE MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Shakopee, MNMay 2, 2017
Family owned but poor company owner is a fake christian that takes advantage of drivers Monday-Saturday and repent on Sunday. All the employees have open affairs at work! Don't work with these people!
Pros
Small
Cons
Bad company, terrible managers
Great place
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Shakopee, MNFebruary 23, 2017
I Keep all mantinace up on all trucks . travel over the road ... Safety is number one with me check oil everyday check tiers air pressure everyday and drove over the road
Pros
Loved my job there
Cons
Never no free time
Laid back and honest
OTR Company Driver (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 22, 2016
I currently work here for Q carriers as a company driver. My experience has been a positive one working for Q Carriers. It's a small medium sized company but it's expanding. I live in Houston, TX I get good stable miles every week I average about 2500-3000 miles weekly. Usually I run from Houston to somewhere up around Minnesota or Wisconsin my average trip is 1200 miles. My dispatcher Dan is really good and professional. I have not had any issues getting home or getting reimbursed. I'm usually pre planned by 3pm the day before I unload. Actually everyone is professional here that I have interacted with. Maintenance and equipment are well taken care of.
Pros
Miles equipment
Cons
95% live loads/unloads (I like drop and hooks)
A place to succeed.
Owner/Operator (Former Employee) –  Shakopee, MNApril 8, 2015
I enjoyed my time with Q Carriers in Shakopee, MN. I never would have succeeded as I did without their help to own my first truck. Life has taken me a different direction, therefore I had to leave. But, if I ever feel the need to go back out on the road, this will be the first company I call.
Pros
Great people to work for, good freight, great customers.
Cons
Not much home time. Typical OTR trucking woes.
It was a good setup for the driver until the truth came in.
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Shakopee, MNMarch 27, 2014
Elogs sucked. It made you run illegal as hell and very high risk of getting caught. If you had multiple stops, you were screwed Elog wise.
Pros
Decent equipment
Cons
Elogs were a big problem, it made you run illegal as hell, and well over your time to deliver your load esspecially if you had multiple stops.
LOve this OTR company
Over the road truck driver (Former Employee) –  Shakopee, MNSeptember 12, 2012
I miss working there. I had family problems and needed a local job so I could take care of my mother. Sorry that I burned that bridge when I left them.
Stable and fun
otr driver (Former Employee) –  Shakopee, MNJuly 11, 2012
Great place to work. Everyone treats you like family instead of a number.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Q Carriers, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

Q Carriers, Inc. Reviews by Location