Q3 Contracting, Inc. Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Operations Assistant
Operations Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toledo, OHJune 5, 2018
I started out working as an operations assistant and was very excited because the pay was great. I quickly learned how to do billing and even helped out with new hire processes and so on. After about a month of working there, I showed up to work and the manager came up to me and said they were terminating the position. The manager was terrible about communicating and I was not given a heads up about the job position being terminated.
Pros
Great compensation and benefits
Cons
Poor management decisions and communication
Q3 is a great place to work
Technical Trainer (Current Employee) –  Little Canada, MNApril 10, 2018
At Q3 you can go from being a laborer to a foreman fairly quick depending on your work ethic. A typical day at work for me is managing all the new hires that come through our door and to get them started on there career as a construction worker at Q3.
Pros
vehicle program
Cons
paying for our health care.
Fast paced and stressful environment
Traffic Control Supervisor (Former Employee) –  5300 Colorado Boulevard Denver Colorado 80022March 26, 2018
Q3 is a fast-paced stressful very physical job at times you have three and four set up to do per day as well as pick them up however the dispatches yours are very inefficient at time management the branch manager for the traffic control division has no experience whatsoever and traffic control and the safety department are not even tcs's fatigue setups
Pros
Union their benefits good wages
Cons
Traffic control manager is a putz
Fun place to work
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Commerce City, COJanuary 12, 2018
If you get your job done then you will go places. The people are friendly and easy to get along with, you have to have the right attitude. If you do then you will be happy to work there.
Zero advancement opportunity
Fuser (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NEJanuary 1, 2018
Basically a high school environment management takes care of their buddies and promotes people that shouldn't be promoted and leaves the other employees out to dry
Foot in the door company
Foreman (Former Employee) –  Little Canada, MNDecember 21, 2017
Not a bad place to start your career in the union. MAnagment means well but the company is too big and the chain of comand cares about there bonus and thats it not the employee. Good place to start though
I wouldn't recommend this job to anybody
New Business Advocate (Current Employee) –  Denver, CONovember 5, 2017
They don't pay you what a project manger should get paid. They expect you to work more hours than what is required for your salary and then expect you to do more on top of that is outside your job responsibilities.
A lot of back stabbing
Utility Locator (Current Employee) –  Commerce City, COOctober 31, 2017
Lack of communication between locators and contractor. Supervisor was not willing to come out in the field to help when needed. A lack of organizational support.
Good Steady Work
Laborer/Operator (Former Employee) –  Little Canada, MNOctober 10, 2017
Good place to work, with a great working environment. Not a lot of room for advancement but steady seasonal work with outstanding pay and benefits, Management was also very outgoing and was seen on a regular basis on the job site.
Pros
Benifits
Cons
Seasonal lay off
Nice job out of high school
Laborer (Former Employee) –  Stillwater, MNSeptember 25, 2017
if you are willing to work 10-12 hours a day outside all the time then its a pretty nice job for a 18 year old. Job pays pretty well plus overtime with job opportunity
No advancement
Utility Locate Technician (Former Employee) –  Denver, COAugust 28, 2017
I worked for q3 for over two years and never got a raise even though I was promoted twice. There was lots of theft happening and no accountability. No balance for home life at all as I have 6 kids to care for as well as work. Paychecks were not always full. Discrimination
Fun place to work
Heavy Equipment Operator (Current Employee) –  ColoradoAugust 23, 2017
I like to work for q3 because they pay very good. Good benefits. Great people to work. They are union. And great hours. Also they have several departments to work for.
It was a great and safe work place
Pipefitter (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJuly 24, 2017
It was great working for them they need better management and how to talk to there employees I worked for them for two years for half I was did potholes then got moved to pipefitter for 1 1/2 years
Not fun, use you up till you are tired and sick
Utility Distribution Designer (Former Employee) –  Aurora, COJune 13, 2017
Bad work environment, felt used and unappreciated and management could care less about you, your health or happiness. Management only wanted to pay more when trying to quit because they were desperate because everyone was leaving.
The intelligence for doing different things.
CDL Class A Driver,equipment operator (Current Employee) –  ColoradoJune 6, 2017
Starting the day we walked the work to check all utilities marked on the floor before digging . I learn that everyone utilitie has to be marked . The hardest part of the job is to dig around the life gas . The most enjoyable part of the job is that , we do different things every day .
Pros
Having to do different things every day.
Cons
The thing that i dont like is that, we get payed based on the work .
Good group to work with
Safety and Training Consultant (Current Employee) –  Little Canada, MNDecember 28, 2016
Good company with potential of significant growth. Competitive salaries, and pleasant environment. Flexible and easy to work for. Plenty of opportunity if you position yourself correctly.
Great company
Pot holer (Former Employee) –  Commerce City, CODecember 16, 2016
Great company to work for
Good benefits
Great paying job
Forman there were very professional
Love working outside
The only bad thing was weather issue.. our work slowed down in the winter
Pros
Good environment
Cons
Weather
Unorganized and unproffesional
Foreman/Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Little Canada, MNAugust 3, 2016
The company works hard at improving the business but lacks communication that ultimately hurts the employees. There tends to be a great deal of secrecy on the standards and changes for mployees
Loved my job responsibilities and coworkers
Accounts Payable Specialist (Former Employee) –  Little Canada, MNJuly 27, 2016
My accounts payable position was filled with solid invoice entry, posting weekly or as needed payments. Loved the vendor relationship building aspect of the job and keeping an accurate and timely reporting at weekly and monthly ends.
Pros
Good coworker relationships
Cons
Poor management communications
very good
Foreman (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJuly 11, 2016
good company good benefits union job I would work here again good money for the job good opportunity for growth hard work outside