QA world

Working at QA world: 9 Reviews

United States9 reviews

Difficult to get right

The workspace is extremely competitive. This makes it very difficult to find some form of stability with the working environment. Pay is also affected by high competition.

Great platform to work from home

It's very simple to work there, and most especially, as you can work remotely at anytime, it doesn't deprive you of your personal work. You work whenever you like. The only down side for me is that most times you don't see available jobs, but there are jobs. And this is because they have separate classes of transcribers. A higher class can see all available jobs, while a lower class can only see few. One other thing that made me stop working was the payment method. PayPal was no longer available in my country and it would have been better they also implement other payment methods such as Payoneer, etc.

Pros

Pays on time, pays weekly, bonus of $2 for 100min transcription job completed for the week.

Cons

Has only one payment option, PayPal.

QA world insights

Areas for improvement
  • Sense of belonging
  • Support from manager
  • Overall satisfaction

It's a complete waste of time.

They'll pay around $1 for 7minutes audio and the last time I transcribed, I had to wait about two months before I could get it.I transcribed two other audios which were not paid for at all — although they submitted it to the client.Their excuse was it wasn't good enough to be paid for — but I could see the final transcript.There was little or no difference between what I transcribed and what they submitted to the client.Yet they didn't pay a dime.

Fun workplace, lot of people to meet.

Love working here on my free time and/or I'm not busy. People who work here are very friendly, they have an app where you can install it and ask questions there if you are new to the company. If you cannot understand the audio or having trouble transcribing, your co-workers will definitely help you out.

Pros

Friendly coworkers

Cons

Fast-paced

Productive and a good working environment if you want easy money with the benefit of working at home. Not recommended as a long-term career though.

The job is pretty straightforward, you are paid for what you worked for. It's self-paced and is work-from-home, so you don't have to stress yourself out over transportation woes and whatnot. However, the company doesn't offer other benefits since it's a freelance job. The TL's and QAs are really great, eagle-eyed and adheres to standards. The pay is average for anyone from the Third World.

Relaxed online environment

QA World is a online transcription Service. You set your own pace by accepting transcription jobs on offer at any given time. The remuneration is based on US cents per transcription minute.

A wonderful Experience

When I started working at QA World, I didn't know how to go about transcribing the audio files. The whole process was so new and different. I didn't do a good job with my first two transcriptions. Then I received a mail from them telling me that if I didn't up my game, they would remove me from the system. That mail changed everything. It helped me to become better knowing that I could lose my membership. And after that, I became pretty good and got really better

Fun but hard

It's fun but most of the time it's hard because of some bad audio recording. Sometimes you can't really understand the words they are saying. Not so familiar with the Names and Company.

Good for Part time Work

Enhanced your spelling and grammar. It also enhanced your understanding. testing your patience and common sense. The hardest part of the job is the poor audio. I enjoy the conversation I am hearing

Pros

Home based

Cons

No supervision

Ask a question about working or interviewing at QA world. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.7 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits