QBE FIRST Employee Reviews

Self manage, productive and dependable department of one
Salvage Representative (Former Employee) –  Chandler, AZFebruary 13, 2018
It was once a 8 people department, I was only employee handing title docs to process and dispose of vehicles properly. Schedule vehicles to sell and approve bids. Pay advance charges for vehicle storage and title fees. Entered data info into system to keep and maintain track of vehicle inventory.

I learned to self manage by prioritizing various salvage department duties, maintaining relationships with vendors and auto auctions.

Management layoffs.

Worldwide workplace culture.

The hardest part of the job was the fear of layoffs,various departments were laid off all at once various times due to outsourcing to other countries.

The most enjoyable part of working for this job is that we had better health and 401k benefits, they encouraged and promoted good health, we had incentives to attend doctor check ups and paid for fitness centers.
Pros
Good benefits and health incentives.
Cons
Outsourcing to other countries.
call center
Customer Service Representative II (Former Employee) –  PAJanuary 12, 2018
this company purchased a product that was making a profit, ran it into a negative, upset the whole business practice and then laid off employees to hire new ones at a lessor pay.
productive
Senior Associate (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJanuary 10, 2018
I had a supportive manager who believed in me, The company makes you feel comfortable. They have a top notch tutorial system that you have complete access to in the event you have questions about any part of your job or they have an incredible help desk team that will help.
Pros
good team
Cons
poor management
Work Environment
Client Support Associate (Former Employee) –  Lake Forest, CADecember 7, 2017
At the time of my employment there, the company had a lot of improvement to do on creating a work environment that was more welcoming allowing their employees to want to grow within the company.
Benefits
Cons
workplace culture
Positive Atmosphere
Customer Care Tax Specialist (Former Employee) –  Morrisville, NCJuly 27, 2017
Very positive atmosphere to work in...supervisors were considerate of employees and knowledgeable would go work for company again if they were local. They made sure that you were trained for you postion
Productive and fun place to work
Senior Cash Management Representative (Former Employee) –  Morrisville, NCJune 18, 2017
The tax & insurance division part company was brought out by a major competitor. This company put the employees first and conducted plenty of surveys and was dedicated to making changes to improve management relationships.
Good place to work, good people
Tax Research Specialist (Former Employee) –  Morrisville, NCJune 8, 2017
It was a great place to work, made possible by the upbeat and fun attitudes of the folks that worked there. The pay was decent, and work/life balance was great.
Pros
Never worked a weekend in 8 years!
Cons
The market rate for the type of work was higher than what we were paid.
Enjoyable
Quality Analyst (Former Employee) –  Chandler, AZMay 11, 2017
Great company taught me a lot. Enjoyed working there given several opportunities to move up in the company. Had a family feel to it. Great people to work with and work for.
Horrible Management/unethical business practices
Operations Manager/Insurance Servicing Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Chandler, AZApril 24, 2017
QBE, formally Balboa Insurance is of the worst places I've ever worked, topped only by retail. Management is beyond unethical, which then trickles down to employees, who are working with the general public's mortgages and reverse mortgages... It's no wonder QBE sold to National General. The Insurance Tracking portion hasn't been able to secure new clients/lenders in YEARS! !
Pros
Regular paycheck
Cons
Unethical business practices, unqualified management, zero job security
I loved my job at QBE
Data Entry Clerk/Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Coraopolis, PAMarch 22, 2017
I learned so much in the 25 years I worked there. I managed employees and learned how to manage time and resources that were required by the clients. I worked very well with management and my manager taught me so much..They had a lot of incentive for our jobs we had something to look forward to. The hardest part of my job was trying not to get too close to employees and try to separate work and friendship. I really loved it there.
Pros
Incentive and advancement
Cons
Working long hours
Diversity
Property Tax Specialist (Former Employee) –  Morrisville, NCDecember 21, 2016
The most enjoyable part of this job is diversity.
Great benefits,company was good when it came to recognizing it's employees hard work. The hardest part was having to work with no pay during dangerous weather increment.
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
Human Resource not being very helpful
Fun workplace
Insurance Claims Representative (Former Employee) –  Chandler, AZNovember 11, 2016
Was working there as a temp for a few months. busy place to work and taking calls from customers of 3 major insurance companies for making a claim for the loss of their home
Pros
nice location
Cons
non
work was easy
Lost Drafts Specialist (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCSeptember 5, 2016
The work was easy to do and the time spent doing the work was well maintained. I loved the people that I worked beside. Management needed some work, many did not understand the job itself.
9 Years
Senior Lead Tax Research Analyst (Former Employee) –  Morrisville, NCAugust 22, 2016
Overall is was a good company to work for. The experience is much appreciated. Due to the knowledge gained from working at QBE, I opened a business of my own.
Pros
People
Cons
Pay
nice place to work
Senior Operations Rep (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAFebruary 26, 2016
There was just no job security. People were getting laid off left and right. Company kept bankrupting and the company changed buyers 3 times since I was employed there. They had a great benefit package. They had excellent bonuses and incentives. The people were great to work with. It was a nice comfortable environment. They had flexible shifts. Management was great.
poor place to work for and turn over is real high
BUSINESS PROCEDURE ANALYST (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJanuary 26, 2016
the turn over rate was bad and leadership was not together at all, I wouldn't send anybody to the job. Management was not together
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a
Goal and team oriented place to work
Customer Service Representative/Call Center (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, NEJanuary 13, 2016
Always a goal driven place to work. Learned many skills including organization and customer service. Management was always hired within the company and very approachable about any situation. Loved working in a team oriented environment.
Professional, yet very down to Earth people
Senior UNIX Engineer (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 11, 2016
Four of the best years of my career; bar none. Management was amazing, and project management was stellar. One of those golden opportunities that you want to hold onto forever.
Best job ever!!
Funds Control/ Tax Line Setup (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCNovember 11, 2015
Very uplifting environment. All the associates seem happy to be at work. Management very helpful. The most enjoyable part of the job was the colleagues, they make you feel like a part of a family.
Pros
Great job
Cons
not a permanent position
Good entry level position
Condominium Data Tracking Representative (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXSeptember 10, 2015
Overall fine job, except you are kept as a contractor with no benefits for a looooong time. Management has a good attitude and there are many good people that work there.
Pros
weekly pay
Cons
no benefits