QBE Employee Reviews

Flexible
Insurance Servicing Representative (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAAugust 3, 2018
They were very accommodating, extremely helpful and caring when my father was sick. I needed to take time off and was accommodated without question. Busy work environment
Pros
Flexable
Cons
not many
Insurance is strange business
Insurance Operations Representative (Former Employee) –  Everett, WAJuly 29, 2018
Working in the mailroom can be stressful without any extra drama. Supervisor had health problems complicating the operation. Co-workers did their best to accommodate and department manager allowed situation to deteriorate. Company personnel very secretive and minimal cooperation between departments.
It was a contract position.
CONTRACT - Claims Analyst (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJune 10, 2018
I was in between jobs and I needed money right away. I was placed at this company through and agency. I worked there for about 6 mos before I finally decided to let the job go.
Ok,
Mortgage Insurance Representative (Aerotek (Former Employee) –  Chandler, AZMay 31, 2018
Inbound call not very good support from management, customer are understanding/ information change or protocol change really fast,.Have to learn quickly .
Pros
Good learning experince
Cons
What?
I can not say
Auto Physical Damage Claims Professional/Trainer (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAApril 17, 2018
I am not at liberty to say the current changes going on with the company, all in all there is zero job security. The work is stressful as in all auto claims departments, however, without job security and fair advancement, the stress hardly seems worth it.
Excellent management and interesting work.
Senior Property Claims Adjuster (Contractor) (Former Employee) –  Chandler azMarch 28, 2018
Excellent management and interesting work. Very fun and exciting.company, with a very excellelnt work environment. Standard working hour from 8 to 5. Excellent working structure and many friendly associates and managers.
Pros
Excellent Culture
Cons
data entry for insurance company
Data Entry Clerk (Former Employee) –  Bellevue, WAMarch 19, 2018
entering in data that other companies have automated. They treat employees like tools for this purpose but not actual humans. Very demoralizing job, I was happy when the contract ended.
Overall a good place to work
Account Technical Lead (Current Employee) –  Sun Prairie, WIMarch 18, 2018
Work life balance is usually good
Great coworkers
Stressful environment in certain departments
Very fast paced and constant changes
Campus area is very nice
Management and co-workers
SR Insurance Operations Representative (Former Employee) –  Moon Twp, PAFebruary 7, 2018
*Co-workers were always willing to go out of their way to help.
*The P&P's at times were hard to follow with the layouts.
*Weekly updates in advance on the ques to be working in.
*Learned to the value of insurance and mortgage together. How important how these two have to go together. Making sure everything is updated correctly, researching is done. How getting ahold of the agency or lender, can be a challenge to get the missing information you need sometimes. One piece of information can be missing to make a payment, to reinstate a policy, to keep a policy from cancelling....and they will keep passing it from dept or dept.
Pros
Benifits, some management and all coworkers would go out of their way to help and/or explain things to you.
Cons
Too much loud sharing of personal life. Production was hard to meet in some ques
Was ok
Claims Examiner (Former Employee) –  Sun Prairie, WIJanuary 27, 2018
I felt the training there was lacking despite coworkers assistance. I think they felt the same way although the culture was nice. Lots of events that included all
Ever changing company / management wise & objectives.
Med Pay / PIP Adjuster & Subrogation work (Former Employee) –  Sun Prairie, WIJanuary 10, 2018
Upper management changed and so did values, processes and sometimes procedures. Computer systems and programs changed over time. The changes kept employees off balance, wondering what would happen next. Many employees like me worked there for years and rolled with the changes. Some left on their own. The biggest change was claims related positions being eliminated after vendors were selected to process claims.
Pros
Office location and type of work
Cons
every changing environment
Terrible management
Claims Representative-Property (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 2, 2018
Management would not fill several openings therefore leaving Adjusters overworked and underpaid. If you complained you were told things weren't expected to get better, they are reviewing their staffing model and if you don't like it, then QBE isn't the place for you! WOW, never have I heard these kinds of statements made during conference calls with staff. QBE should take a look at their customer service scores and see how their under staffing and poor treatment of staff effects their consumers. QBE says they are for the customer, but they are only about saving money and doing the most with the least amount of people resulting in poor claim handling and delays.
Pros
Some In Office Management are GREAT and really want to see improvements from upper management.
Dont waste your time
Insurance Agent (Former Employee) –  West Hills, CADecember 13, 2017
Unless you live in the state of Texas, where their home office is based, you will not have fair employment there.They have a California office where the less fortunate work.
Productive and fast paced
Application Development Manager (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CADecember 13, 2017
Working environment was good. Typical day is 8 hours with the occasional over time for software and upgrade roll-out about once a month. People are friendly and civil. Because of the nature of the business of insurance, QBE work is cyclic and affected by natural events such as hurricane and storms.
Pros
Nice environment and working conditions
Cons
Offshoring of jobs
Great Place with a twist
Senior Marketing Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CANovember 24, 2017
Very professional, Very image conscientious. Received regular visit from the leaders from Australia which showed me they really cared about who were as employees, not just what we did.
Pros
Visible leadership
Cons
They bought a product they did not really want.
Work well Live well
SQL Server DBA/Developer (Current Employee) –  Madison, WINovember 9, 2017
Nice place nice people nice environment
Good colleagues
Competitive team
Goal achievements
Recognization of achievements
encouragement of teammates
an individual work environment
Team effort to achieve goals.
great place to work until we all lost our jobs
Senior Claims Specialist (Former Employee) –  Sun Prairie, WIAugust 25, 2017
I loved QBE. It was decided that they were going to out source all claims to a third party vendor and we had to all reapply for our jobs. It became clear that we would have to work for the third party company and that was not where I wanted to go therefore I chose to leave QBE. I did really enjoy my time there before our jobs were outsourced.
Temporary position
Insurance Specialist (Former Employee) –  Everett, WAAugust 20, 2017
Company was in the middle of being bought out. They were missing a lot of employees and was steadily losing more. The work was entry level but time consuming.
Very professional environment
Accounting Assistant (Former Employee) –  Sun Prairie, WI 53590July 31, 2017
Very professional setting with very kind women to work with. I only worked as a temp but the position gave me good experience to put on my resume for my next job
Awsome
Client Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Morrisville, NCMay 25, 2017
This company is no longer in business but when I was there I totally loved the job that I did. I worked many hours and loved the people that I worked with and the salary was great.
Pros
Family
Cons
Closed

Ask a question about working or interviewing at QBE. Our community is ready to answer.