QBS Learning

Working at QBS Learning: 14 Reviews

United States14 reviews

Great editorial group to work on a project with.

The team was very thorough in explaining how to use their style guides and what the client wanted. Starting a project with a kickoff webinar was very helpful in meeting staff and understanding assignment. Someone was always available to answer questions.

Pushes you to grow

I’ll be honest, this job is challenging. But I’ve grown here more than at any other job before. Everyone is hard-working and talented, which pushes you to do better. Hard work is required, but you’re compensated well for it.

QBS Learning insights

What people like
  • Support from manager
  • Fair pay for job
  • Overall satisfaction
Areas for improvement
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • Feeling of personal appreciation
  • Trust in colleagues

Great remote work

It’s great to have a remote job, especially with everything going on in the world right now. I love that the company hardly had to change anything to adapt to the pandemic. It was so nice to have a sense of normalcy in at least one area of my life when everything else felt so uncertain. Every day I know that I have a steady income and health insurance to take care of my family. That’s really all I need.

Good place to learn

QBS is an interesting, dynamic company with a lot of opportunities to learn new skills and sharpen previous ones. The people here are talented and successful within their respective fields. If you get hired here, know that they only hire the best of the best! It’s the perfect place to learn about the industry and get your footing.

Enjoyable

Fun, drama-free environment. Everyone is friendly and fun to hang out with.The pay and benefits are excellent .They give you the opportunity to work remotely if that’s what you prefer.Plenty of opportunities to learn new skills.Achievable work-life balance.

Strong leadership

Those in a leadership position have their employees backs. There’s no issues with micromanagement or other toxic management behaviors because that’s just not what they’re about. They lead by example and give encouragement to get results.

Freelancer’s dream

This place is a freelancer’s dream. Everything runs very smoothly and everyone is very professional. People are treated well no matter what your job is, which is refreshing. In my time here, I never had a single issue with the company. Not sure what it’s like working here full-time, but freelancing was great.

Great workplace

Great environmentOpportunities for remote workPerfect work-life balanceEngineering department is filled with kind, intelligent people Incredibly rewarding and interesting work

Good company

QBS pays well and offers a lot of opportunities to learn new design skills. I enjoy what I do and look forward to coming to work every day. Overall, it’s a really good company to work for.

Meaningful work

It’s nice to know that my work is helping people get an education who may not have access to school in-person. The company itself has an amazing mission and I’m proud to work somewhere that contributes so much good to the world.

Good company

Looking for innovation and best practices. No project is too small, even if you can positively impact only a few students, you are part of the solution!

Pros

Nice job environment

Cons

PT-Job

No commitment to employees

Low paying fo freelancers, no commitment to employees. All work is done in India, work is brought back to US for corection, very low per page rate if you are a freelancer.

Collaborative place to work

It is a great pleasure to get feedback from your partners in India and USA about your work, and always to improve the workflow to give the better for the clients. All teams (Production and Editorial) are available to help. Managers and Director are comprehensive but always work so hard in order to accomplish the due dates.

Pros

Home office

Cons

No benefits

a good place to learn about the industry

An interesting company. Very dynamic. High turnover. Most employees are freelance. A good place to learn/sharpen skills.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at QBS Learning. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

4.0 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits