Qdoba Employee Reviews

Found 1,256 reviews matching the search See all 1,268 reviews
No different from your average beginner job
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Airway Heights, WAAugust 18, 2018
Like every place of work , it all depends on who you work with. Every manager had something different to say, or a different rule so it made every shift different, some more miserable than others. Qdoba has a great training process and they even bring in training reps to help us through the process. Their quality control standards are great.
Pros
One free meal per shift, and discounted food on off days
Cons
people who are inefficient and like to micro manage.
Fine
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Ann Arbor, MIAugust 17, 2018
Average as they come. It was alright but most people just dont care about the job that they're there to do. Pay is average for the industry, as are the experiences.
It's a Job
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, ARAugust 17, 2018
Expect lots of turnover. The job doesn't pay well but I guess that comes with the territory. One of the worst things about the job is that despite all of your hard work only managers get free meals.
Pros
Job
Cons
Bad Job
Decent first job
Line Server (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCAugust 17, 2018
Qdoba is definitely an entry level position. Not much here in terms of benefits or pay but good comradrie amongst workers. The stores are kept pretty clean.
Pros
Easy job
Cons
Nothing much else
I think being employed at Qdoba would be great for a high school student that has no financial responsibilities.
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Englewood, COAugust 13, 2018
I didn’t not like working here. Yes he people were great. But the pay and the location of the restaurant I was at was not ideal with my living situation at the time.
Pros
Nice people
Cons
Pay
Great management, team work, and clean work place.
Shif t Manager (Former Employee) –  Anderson, INAugust 12, 2018
This work was very demanding and fast paced. I learned how to be 3 people on one shift and it taught me a lot about managing my time and keeping very busy. making the public have a great experience was a top priority when i was running shift.
Pros
Great environment, good people, clean work place.
Cons
Under staffed at times.
Productive area where it allows you to have your own tempo as a cook at least.
Cook (Former Employee) –  Clayton, MOAugust 11, 2018
This job was great once I was able to have my own tempo as a cook. I just did it my way and with my own style. Just as long as I finished everything when I should have and did what I did they didn't care how I accomplished it.
Good Mexican food, poor management choices
COOK (Former Employee) –  Fond du Lac, WIAugust 10, 2018
Worked as a cook, relying on time management to ensure that all foodstuffs on the line were kept full and fresh. Generally poor management, especially when it came to maintaining safe work practices. Manager was more interested in trying to be friends with everyone than trying to improve the store, and held pointless grudges against her employees.
boss was a nutcase
General Manager (Current Employee) –  Newark, DEAugust 10, 2018
DM was a results driven nut grinding the team of every store into the ground. you have no work life balance and get forced into driving to other distrcits 2+ hours away to help fix stores where the whole staff quit due to poor management
Pros
money
Cons
no work life balance
Very average job. Not bad.
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Littleton, COAugust 10, 2018
God please don't make me write a hundred and fifty characters for this... typical day at work? Meh. Stressful. I learned that qdoba is amazing even if you eat it every single day. Management was dope until a rather drastic episode happened where everyone was fired. Culture was dope, very diverse in a sense. Hardest part was not being able to take quest home every day.
Pros
Good first job
Cons
Meh
Nice coworkers but poor management
Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Grand Blanc, MIAugust 9, 2018
While working for this company I made a lot of friends. Coworkers were very nice and sincere. However when it came to the management they were all snooty and didn't follow their own rules. Too many people talking behind everyone's back. The management does not practice what they preach
Pros
free food
Cons
fast paced, poor management
its a paying job
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Matthews, NCAugust 8, 2018
a typical day at work would be always providing customer service, cleaning etc. the management last year wasnt as great. but they have definitely improved in the last couple months. the hardest part of the job was to close the restuarant each night. the most enjoyable part was interacting with customers
They are a great place to work at
Prep Cook (Former Employee) –  Greenfield, INAugust 8, 2018
You get good pay nice discounts and good food. Nice environment to work and very good bosses. Very clean environment and very nice sitting areas and good drinks
Everything was always broke and the management was rude and unorganized
Cook/Prep (Former Employee) –  Laramie County, WYAugust 8, 2018
I’d always be so overwhelmed with dishes as prep work due to no one do their jobs. The management was rude and always out to get their employees in trouble and made the work environment hostile.
This was a very fun job to excell in.
Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  Loveland, COAugust 4, 2018
I was very happy with how my career and knowledge grew with my years at Qdoba. I learned how to be a leader and a friend. I learned how to manage a hole store and team, I always got the job done. Thank you to Qdoba for the opportunity to grow.
Pros
Free meal
Cons
No benefits
No work life balance
General Manager (Current Employee) –  Lake Geneva, WIJuly 30, 2018
So I would have been with qdoba for 7years but i have left. I cant speak for all.qdobas but roaring fork franchise group(wisconsin) has a lot of work to do or I believe they will not be around for another 10 years. They dont pay anyone enough and so theres relly high turnover, theres not enough coaching on the mission statement so the work environment is not positive, and they go from saying dont hire every person that walks in to making it a requirement to hire 1, 2 or even 3 people a week if you are understaffed. So you end up with bad employees, they also are terrible at putting people into position when they dont have a clue!! Like these people dont even know how to run a shift properly or do BOH computer work and there the general manager
Also theres a bonus program but say a large piece of equipment breaks, there goes that! Which is completely ridiculous seeing as how that is out of your hands. I would never work for this specific franchise group again.
Also they do offer PTO but will let it expire even when it is legitimately out of your hands, like when I lost over 100 hours because I couldn't take it due to the store being brand new and needing me there.
Pros
Free food
Cons
Bad health insurance, bad work environment, inconsistency
Na
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJuly 30, 2018
Was a good place to work sometimes. They are not really fair in following policies. Managers take a lot of breaks and some managers are lazy and just sit in the office
nope
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Matthews, NCJuly 29, 2018
It is okay for a first job. Not for a career. Didn't learn much there, you just cooked basic food and cleaned. So yeah first job qualification for this company only.
Overall, solid company
Restaurant Training Manager (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJuly 28, 2018
Overall a good place to work. Not as much talent as other concepts have so there are opportunities for advancement if you apply yourself. Needs more quality people.
Pros
6 weeks paid leave
Cons
A little disorganized
not a bad working environment
manager (Former Employee) –  Carmel, INJuly 28, 2018
Qdoba was a fun place to call work. Everyone worked as a team and we got our work done. They loved to teach people their brand. And encouraged people it was possible to move up in the company.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Qdoba. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.5InHerSight Score

2.1Personal Development

3.2Career Opportunities

2.3Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight