Qdoba Employee Reviews

Found 1,307 reviews matching the search See all 1,319 reviews
Fun place to work and grow
Catering Manager (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYOctober 13, 2018
I love the work atmosphere at qdoba. The guy that I have worked for and with the past 9 months or so is by far a great friend and mentor of mine. He has helped me become a more complete and confident manager. He gave me the respect and tools and confidence that I needed to succeed
Pros
Great gym and coach
Cons
Hard to see your paystub
Fast paced
Manger (Former Employee) –  Alexandria, MNOctober 12, 2018
Very quick place to work for and a lot of interaction with customers and dealing with different opinions. Lack of manger was key continues to shuffle through mangers is hurting the company.
Pros
Learning to be a manger
Cons
Mangers coming and going
Bad management
Cook (Current Employee) –  Stillwater, OKOctober 11, 2018
The General Manager was running it very poorly to the point there gonna hire a whole new management. Was not worth $10 an hour. Line held tips back from cooks when they were suppose to split tips between the whole shift except managers. High turnover rate due to management and short breaks if you smoke, no break if you dont smoke. Very poor place. Pay was the only good.
Pros
Free drink
Cons
Short breaks, poorly ran
Great work place.
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKOctober 10, 2018
It was a great environment to work in, the day went by fast because of the fast pace of getting customers meals pushed out so that there was never a long line. I learned how to work better in fast paces. I would say the hardest part about the job for me was not getting too overwhelmed with the lunch rush. The part I enjoyed most was working with such great people, they calmed me down when i felt too overwhelmed and they were all just great people to work with.
good experience
Manager Assistant (Former Employee) –  Ann Arbor, MIOctober 9, 2018
work there many years ago, very friendly.
I loved the fast pace, good restaurant atmosphere.
great team work. good food, clean,tasty and fresh.
my shifts as manager assistant were crazy. many hours for the same pay.
Pros
free food
Cons
low pay
Identity Crisis
Training Consultant (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAOctober 9, 2018
Overall the organization has an identity crisis. It has been through several re-organizations and many of the people that were there when I started have been laid off. They have had good times and bad. Expect to deal with a lot of ambiguity. The Corporate Support Center had become very political since moving to San Diego. Benefits are average for the industry.
Pros
They are growing, Energectic Company, Always Trying to Improve
Cons
Poor Direction, Too Many Reorganizations, No name recognition
An overall good work experience..
Server (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAOctober 7, 2018
The job wasn’t always fun, but time flew by thanks to my awesome coworkers, we all got along pretty well. I wasn’t doing very well for a while, but my bosses were patient with me and I got better steadily. My shift supervisors were good teachers too, so I got the help when there were things I didn’t know. The only negatives I can think of are the rapidly fast pace of the restaurant, which was stressful and somewhat overwhelming at times, and trash duty, which was just more of a nuisance than anything.
Pros
Free Lunch; 50% Discount for employees off shift
Fun and productive
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLOctober 6, 2018
Typically very task oriented. Learning new recipes. Managing the employees to be productive. Workplace is somewhat uniform. We were to ware uniforms. Most enjoyable was giving good customer service and the hardest was getting all the catering done on time
Pros
Free meals and fun employees
Cons
Opportunities in catering
Great place for a student
Front Line (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIOctober 5, 2018
When I was a student this was ideal. Flexible hours and accommodation of class activities. If you show initiative there is a strong chance to move up from just being a typical line worker.
Pros
Great for students, flexible hours, discount food
Cons
Low wage
Wonderful place to work, learned the importance of teamwork, and picking up where others lack.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Horsham, PAOctober 4, 2018
Personally it was a wonderful learning experience and it is great for someone looking for their first job. It was a great chapter in my life but I hope more people will consider it.
Pros
60% off lunch
Cons
frying is not my favorite
good
Server/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Mount Pleasant, MIOctober 3, 2018
I didn't want to leave this job but I was done with school and had to move home. I made life long friends I hope I never loose. Wednesdays sucked though tbh
its okay
Food Server (Former Employee) –  Shrewsbury, MAOctober 1, 2018
the job was okay ... but not everything was fine there it wasnt a place for me would i work their again?? probably... but if they gave me the chance again id go back
Fast paced very busy restaurant
Line Server (Former Employee) –  Parker, COSeptember 30, 2018
I enjoyed my time at Qdoba, I believe that if I had more time with school and sports I would have stayed, the management got better as I stayed there.
Pros
Discounted food
Cons
Low pay
Good food
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Broomall, PASeptember 29, 2018
Made alot of friends here its gets in away of school sometimes a big problem is alot people quit where mostly short staff the management is ok not much to do
Safe and comfortable environment
Team Manager (Current Employee) –  Greeley, COSeptember 29, 2018
Excellent customer service daily regardless who is working or not, cares about its customers and staff. If anyone, customer or employee has any issues that need to be addressed they are more than willing to work on it.
bad experience
Line Server (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VASeptember 27, 2018
was offered a promotion, got the raise but managment refused to train me, trained someone else for the position i was promised then cut my hours back and eventually just took me off the schedule all together without reason and told unemployment i quit.
Very nice place to work at
Store-Manager (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCSeptember 27, 2018
Very busy, a place to work with a lot of people from around the globe with the common goal of guest satisfaction. Really nice tex mex culture to nourish from.
hardwork for decent pay
DELIVERY/DISHWASHER (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 26, 2018
management was great with handing out duties and teaching new tasks. there was an exceptional workplace environment. Everything was fine as long as you worked hard and finished your tasks and assigned duties.
Pros
great management, good culture
Cons
no benefits
Fun place to work very diverse
Food Preparer (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VASeptember 25, 2018
Qdoba is a very productive, diverse, and fun place to work. In my time working there I've enjoyed the management and the different cultures I get to see daily
Bad Management
Front Crew/Line Server/Cook (Former Employee) –  Broomfield, COSeptember 24, 2018
The best thing about working at Qdoba was not the food or the fun people, but the fact that they did not care about my piercings or tattoos or hair. I only got one dollars worth of raises in two years.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Qdoba. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.5InHerSight Score

2.1Personal Development

3.2Career Opportunities

2.3Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight