Qdoba Employee Reviews

Found 1,381 reviews matching the search See all 1,394 reviews
Repetitive
Crew (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, DEDecember 17, 2018
If you have a lot of patience its an ok job for you. your daily duties well vary based on what the store needs. I don't even know why I'm writing this because my job shut down.
Pros
weekends off
Cons
stressful
General manager/ no management experience
Cook (Current Employee) –  Champaign, ILDecember 16, 2018
The boss uses belittlement and sarcasm as a teaching tool. Wouldn't recommend for long term employment. The pay is high, but they will get every penny from you. (Micro manage your every minute)
Pros
Fast paced, short shifts
Cons
One bad boss :/
Fast paced, lots of responsibilities, low compensations.
Closing Cook (Former Employee) –  Bothell, WADecember 12, 2018
A typical day at work consisted of cooking all of the meat products while simultaneously reheating other various foods, then cleaning the grills, then doing all of the dishes, then cleaning everything. It was like high school, low compensation.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
A lot of responsibility, low compensation
Fun
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Newark, NJDecember 11, 2018
Qdoba is a caring and fun job . working there if you work as you should . you can easily get promoted .. Some managers shouldnt be there though . if you ask me lol
Amazing Coworkers
Server/Hostess (Former Employee) –  KentuckyDecember 11, 2018
It was a pleasure to work with them. We loved each one day i got sick but i tried to go to work i arrived there but the way i acted it was not normal my colleague asked me if i'm alright but i told her i was not feeling well she told to go home she will cover for me i was so grateful towards her i learned to love each others as the first commandment to have sympathy towards each other.
I worked with so many nationality like Ethiopian, Ghanaian, American.... that didn't set boundary between us we knew how to work together. The most enjoyable part is when we had a new worker cause everybody felt to help her or him to adapt the place.
Pros
Free drinks
Cons
I was in a private owned store
Manager (Former Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INDecember 7, 2018
It was unorganized and my safety was at risk during my own shifts due to aggressive coworkers. He was extremely violent towards me and went under multiple conduct meeting and never faced disciplinary actions because he had family in the company and connections with the owner. Seeing as I was hired in as a manager I was not defended and was told not to write him up. The situation was extremely unfair and I will not be going back to any location.
Great work environment and friendly coworkers
Line Server and Cashier (Current Employee) –  1042 Loughborough Ave Unit H Saint Louis, MODecember 5, 2018
I loved working at Qdoba. That was my first job and I had it for basically two year. I loved going to work . I never wanted to not go, the best part of my day was going to work to have put with my coworkers, they were the best.
Avoid
Cook/Prep (Current Employee) –  Athens, OHDecember 4, 2018
Not up-to-date on pay or average qdoba pay in ohio at my location. No room for advancement or improvement. No room for pay raise and you have obstacles in your way like paper work and reviews on work your superiors no your capable of doing.
Pros
Small discount
Cons
Management, no advancment
Learning experience
CASHIER (Former Employee) –  Coeur d'Alene, IDNovember 30, 2018
One of my first jobs. I was there for a year and learned a lot. Taught me about culture and responsibility. It taught me how to build relationships with customers. I never fail to ask anyone how their day is after working there.
Working at Qdoba
Prep Cook (Current Employee) –  Lake Delton, WINovember 29, 2018
Must multitask well and be quick on your feet. It can get busy at times and there is always work to be done. Very cooperative coworkers to guide you along the way.
Pros
Good teamwork
Cons
Can be chaotic at times
This job isn’t for me.
Cook (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PANovember 29, 2018
I️ don’t like this job very much, which is why I’m looking for another. The workers aren’t very kind. There is too much work out on one individual person.
Customer service
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Anchorage, AKNovember 29, 2018
More staff on line, food preparation better prepared. Nicer staff and management, no music on line during service. Coworkers need to be more reliable than they aren’t for others.
Pros
The great food
Cons
The bad service
The customers were the best part of the job
Shift Leader (Former Employee) –  Fort Collins, CONovember 29, 2018
The hardest part of the job was working with a lot of high schoolers only because they are only able to work so many hours as days, more employees that were high schoolers than non high schoolers...
Good first job
Shift Manager (Current Employee) –  Eugene, ORNovember 28, 2018
Qdoba was my first job and taught em customer service and people skills that will carry over into any other job field that I jump into. There is room for improvement I worked my way from late night server - day server - cook - trainer - shift supervisor.
Pros
Free food for managers, relaxed atmosphere, everyone gets along great, discounted food even when you aren't working, room to move up if you put in the time and effort.
Cons
no benefits, pay isn't that great
Qdoba was a great atmosphere to work in
Vendor Manager (Former Employee) –  Lakewood, CONovember 27, 2018
I really enjoyed my time as a buyer at Qdoba Corporate. It was a job you never struggled going to every day. Management treated everyone like an adult in the sense that you didn’t have set hours you set your own hours. As long as you were getting your work done and attended meetings you needed to be in, they let you work your own hours. Great company to work for and I would still be there if they didn’t move the office to San Diego.
Pros
Fun place to work with a lot of great people
Cons
Didn’t have any in my mind
Fun Environment
Line Server (Former Employee) –  Huntington, WVNovember 27, 2018
This is a great place to work. This was actually my first job and they took a chance on me. I am very thankful for that. I really enjoyed working with my coworkers and boss. I learned about food handling procedures and how a restaurant is managed.
Good Intro Job
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Norwalk, CTNovember 26, 2018
Worked here for about a year and a half and enjoyed most of the job. It was demanding but it gave me the experience needed for future jobs. However, management needed help and stability and I often didn't have the opportunity to change my schedule/ask for days off if need be. I enjoyed my co-workers and-as expected-customers ranged from personable to downright rude.

I truly enjoyed working with food and the ability to keep busy but it was hard when there would only be three people working there at night, myself included.
Pros
Discounts on food, nice co-workers
Cons
Lack of breaks, unstable management
Very stressful job.
Cook (Former Employee) –  Schaumburg, ILNovember 26, 2018
Pinar people don’t put their effort. If you would work hard other people would just be standing around talking and being on their phones instead of cleaning the lobby or the line of the kitchen they would lose time on their phone or just gossiping.
Pros
Sometimes would be fun if people actually work
Cons
No breaks. No free food.
good first job
Front Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Aurora, CONovember 25, 2018
this was my first job it was good easy and stressful at the same time.
it would get very buys in the afternoons and not so much in the mornings. working there is easy.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
short breaks
Very productive place to work.
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Fishers, INNovember 23, 2018
Be ready if u ever work here. It gets crazy when we are busy and have lines out the door. All the high school game people come on in late or concert crowds

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Qdoba. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.5InHerSight Score

2.1Personal Development

3.2Career Opportunities

2.3Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight