QIAGEN Employee Reviews

Churn and burn culture
QuantiFERON Hospital Sales Specialist (Former Employee) –  CONovember 27, 2018
This job embodies everything that is terrible about corporate culture. Unachievable sales goals, metric-driven mentality, stressed-out middle management, few opportunities for advancement & no training.
Pros
Compettive base salary & benefits package
Cons
Metric-drive culture, unachievable sales goals
Very productive work environment
Software Test Engineer II (Former Employee) –  Gaithersburg, MDOctober 10, 2018
Very meaningful work, friendly yet very professional culture. I learned quite a bit about organizational management, and had the opportunity to interact with upper levels of management.
Pros
Good benefits
Great company
Field Service Technician dispatch (Current Employee) –  Germantown, MDJune 18, 2018
At Covance, we are recognized as a leader in drug development because of our exceptional people. Our team is driven by an energized purpose to improve health and improve lives. Here, you’ll partner on diverse, industry-shaping initiatives across the drug development spectrum as you build relationships with thought leaders and supportive colleagues which will last a lifetime.
Pros
Great Compnay
Cons
Great Company
pimg pomg tablr
Senior Strategic Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Germantown, MDJune 9, 2018
Too many changes at the top. Field sales rep wiih direction continually changing
Field sales rep in the field on a daily basis meeting with customers
Pros
company car
Cons
too many continual changes at the top
Great technology but poorly managed
Manager (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCApril 24, 2018
The company should go private so they can invest in R&D without having to stretch each quarter to make numbers, which involves cutting people and investment. For how many years will the company continue to make these kinds of mistakes? It's really not encouraging to see this situation persist.
Pros
Nice people
Cons
Short-term leadership
Fun office, great managers
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Redwood City, CAJanuary 9, 2018
I had the best executive staff at Qiagen. They were thoughtful, kind and kept me busy. The office is located on a beautiful walking path and the gym was AMAZING.
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Gaithersburg, MDJanuary 4, 2018
I loved working for QIAGEN. There was a lay off and my position was not needed in the Gaithersburg office. Co-workers and people there were great. I would recommend working there.
Pros
Positive people
Cons
Can't think of any
QIAGEN une entreprise innovante et stimulante
Demand Generation Manager (Former Employee) –  Home OfficeDecember 13, 2017
Flexible working hours and good work/life balance
Possibility of progression and promotions
Possibility of moving to different departments
was a contractor.
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Waltham, MAOctober 29, 2017
Contract work was reasonable. upper management could never come to agreements. the site mission and overall company mission did not always align. recently went through a major layoff period.
Okay place to work
Scientist II (Former Employee) –  Gaithersburg, MDOctober 8, 2017
Good health insurance but pay is lower for entry level and those that work there way up through the levels. Management is not great at communication with
Qiagen
Manufacturing Technician (Current Employee) –  Germantown, MDSeptember 23, 2017
Great company to work at. I get adequate training, support, mentoring from employees and coworkers. The company clearly demonstrate concern for the well-being of their employees, and establish a positive, and cohesive work environment.
Pros
Many pros
Cons
Salary is not that competitive
Challenging environment and upbeat atmosphere
Research Associate (Current Employee) –  Waltham, MAMarch 27, 2017
Working with various research groups to carry out bench top experiments for R&D level work in next generation sequencing technologies. Would assist in weekly planning of experiments, lab management and data processing. Learned and mastered valuable lab and life skills. The most challenging aspect of the position was the inconsistency from week to week and being forced to being an employee that is readily able to adapt and move forward to drive results and meet project goals. The most enjoyable part of the position was the opportunity to start a brand new research project and lab from infancy and seeing a successful product come to fruition.
Pros
Company culture events
Steady Work Flow
Account Representative (Current Employee) –  Simi Valley, CAFebruary 9, 2017
My typical work day consist of being on queue to answer any customer questions, shipping details, to create an credit and re-bill for an incorrect invoice. I would also process orders via telephone and or my assigned folder. I also assist my manager with other special projects to clear back logs and reports.

Management overall is not good, most communication is by email with very little development opportunities.

The culture, there is no culture at this company. The team/department morale is actually depressing.

The hardest part about my job is knowing that going above and beyond there's no reward. Hardly recognized.

The most enjoyable about my job now is that I am able to work from home.
Pros
We received catered lunches twice a month
Cons
no development opportunities
Management is Clueless
Manager (Former Employee) –  Germantown, MDNovember 19, 2016
Management is driving company into the ground. They purge and rehire on an annual basis. Not a good play to grow your career.
I enjoyed working with the people I met at QIAGEN and many are now friends.
Executive Assistant (Current Employee) –  Germantown, MDNovember 17, 2016
The working environment is clean and very light filled. Most of the executives I worked with were very friendly and enjoyable to work with. The hardest part of the job is the constant reorganizing with resulting layoffs which are annually at this point. The most enjoyable part of my job is the friendly people.
Pros
Friendly people
Cons
Constant restructuring
Good Company
Assay Development Scientist (Former Employee) –  Waltham, MANovember 10, 2016
Good company to work. I worked only a year after acquisition. I cannot state anything more.I cannot say anything more. I cannot say anything more. I c
Great Work Atmosphere
Field Service Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Valencia, CASeptember 7, 2016
I enjoyed working at Qiagen and they were a wonderful employer. My co-workers were amazing and I had the best boss. There was a lot of room for growth and they had amazing benefits,
Great company
Administrative Assistant / Specialist I (Former Employee) –  Germantown, MDJune 3, 2016
Loved working at QIAGEN. Wonderful company that was very people oriented. Management was good, had a great group of people that I worked.
Enjoyed this job, but only temporary
Assembly Line Clerk (Temporary under Randstad) (Former Employee) –  Germantown, MDMarch 22, 2016
I obtained this job through Randstad. I enjoyed the job, however due to funding I was not converted to permanent. I liked the environment and people.
Great products with outstanding quality
Specialist, Government QuantiFERON Sales (Former Employee) –  Dallas-Fort Worth, TXJanuary 26, 2016
Qiagen represents testing and diagnostics that are market leaders in their respective areas. Their sample and assay technologies provide insight that laboratory and healthcare providers can utilize to improve their services and ultimately provide better patient care.

Working at Qiagen provided outstanding experience into the realm of diagnostics in the government market segment that is challenging and rewarding. Colleague collaborations and team work are priorities that create a strong bond among co-workers that is highly productive. Direct management is experienced, reliable and always willing to assist, providing guidance without micromanaging.

The most enjoyable aspect of working at Qiagen is the complexity of the government market as well as the experience with the vast layers involved in the various sales cycles.These are also the most difficult components.
Pros
quality, reliability, reproducibility, strong peer collaboration