Qik N Ez

Working at Qik N Ez: 27 Reviews

United States27 reviews

jobworkcustomerbreakstoremanagerworkingpay

Like working with children

Be careful working here. Coworkers spread rumors to get more hours. Management is a joke and hardly help employees. Job is easy to do. Cleaning and stocking shelves.

Pros

Customers can be nice

Cons

Breaks when you can get one

Stores are on their own

The corporate does not care about the employees. They preach and say they are there to support the stores but when it comes down to it, they do not. They pay their employees horrible. 12$ an hour with a .50 raise after completing training. It's a joke!

Qik N Ez insights

Areas for improvement
  • Overall satisfaction
  • Inclusive work environment
  • Sense of belonging

Beware!!! Great as a starter job but definitely not a career move well unless your a minion...Just skip the layover and go to Rivian!

This job is perfect for someone who loves people because essentially that's why customers come in . customers come in to talk to employees, get a laugh, feel important etc... It has very little to do with the company as a whole and just maybe if the higher uppers acknowledged this it would make for a better environment...They actually think people come in to buy their things because of the prices or assortment but that's not the case there are several gas stations surrounding this location . QiknEz is nothing without a solid staff. .just another gas station. Upper Management is sneaky and care way more about the bottom line than any employee you cannot trust your District Manager she will talk about you and others behind their back ...absolutely no transparency .... pay rate is confusing some people get paid more than others for whatever reason. Weird estrogen ran company

Not a Good Place to work

I started off with pleasant co-workers and the customers were Very Nice. There was always some work to do. As time progressed after being there for over 7 1/2 years. The Staff became very rude to fellow employees. No raises after the Owner died. No Christmas bonuses...ONLY A TRAY OF COOKIES TO SHARE AS A CHRISTMAS GIFT FROM CORPORATE. ...NOT A GOOD PLACE TO WORK

Cashier

Job security and advancementIt’s a good play to workManagementShe’s a good workerOverallI’m a cashier at Qiknez I’m always on time I gone n n do my work if other helped needed I’ll stay over n help as much as I can I love going to work to help others

It is a gas station

There are days you are really busy an then there are days where you have to find some thing to keep you busy. You maybe at one location or have to go to another to do work it all depends on what they need you to do.

Pros

Steady work

Cons

Not enough hours or money.

a great place to work

One of the best jobs I’ve had. Hours are great. Management great on making sure everyone can get any time off that is requested. Some of the best customers around. all around positive, friendly environment

Co-workers make it a better job

Overall i would recommend working here. Can be stressful at times. Mostly due to customers! Job itself is not hard to pick up. Unfortunately unless your hired as management or higher there are not many benefits.

If you need a job, here's one.

Corporate management didn't really care about how store management was treated, as long as they showed up for work, and covered for staff shortages. I was hired as an assistant manager, and was stuck running a cash register late at night because of staff shortages. No thanks.

Very stressful

The job itself is easy but dealing with very rude customers and the owner is a very hateful person. The other coworkers talk about other shifts and it lowers the morale of entire store. The pay is very low for all that is required to be done on a daily basis. The safety concerns are never addressed

Its a great place to work.

Qik n ez is a fun place to work because even though you are working and getting things done, you are making a customers day with a joke or just letting them vent. I believe in service with a smile.

Pros

Great people, customers are awesome

Cons

Nothing bad to say.

Was a nice place now it is not

Well not sure which job we are talking about however if we are talking about Qik N Ez a typical is I come in do some stocking in the fridge do some stocking behind the counter, clean where the food and drinks are at, clean the ladies and men bathroom, then go behind the counter and do some cashier. Well I learn how to do my sale associate jobs and I did it very well. The management was very good there until they started dismantle the work crew who was doing a good job and getting praise from customer about how clean the store was and how the worker was doing they job and doing it well. The hardest part of the job was the slot room, everything was enjoyable until the management started dismantle the best crew they had.

Terrible

The management is horrible the turn over rate is super bad they don’t appreciate They good workers and they always get associates to do their managers work.

Pros

Cons

No breaks

Fast pace and good leadership

Qik-N-Ez was a great place to work it was a fast pace job. Everyone was nice and kind to each other. Next it showed me how to do audits,stock items and work a cash register.

It was a good paying job for what i did but very stressfuk.

Management above me was ok but the amount of time I spend there I miss my family and It's not worth it . All in all it was a good place to work and I was always given the opportunity to move up.

Pros

Bonuses when they wanted to pay us for them.

Cons

No breaks

Enjoyed the job

I really enjoyed the job. I was able to learn so much about management and all that that role includes. I loved working with the public and the company.

job was good, management not so much

The job itself was good. The management at the location I was working was not so good. The manager constantly commented how no one working for her was qualified to be promoted. She discussed employees with other employees, such as her personal opinion of them, their lack of education level, and her dislike of certain employees. Everyone including customers knew who was getting fired, suspended, or reprimanded. She would not let people transfer unless she wanted them out of her store and had no reason to fire them. A number of employees wanted to transfer out of her store but she wouldn't allow it if you were a good employee and it benefited her in anyway. She could show up 10 min. to 1 hr late when ever she wanted, and the overnight employees would be stuck there until she showed up for work.

Pros

good job, pay, hours

Cons

Management needs training in interpersonal relations

not an enjoyable place of employment

the customers were great a lot of regulars, poor training to much turn over, and lack of respect for employees.it was hard to retain information having floating management training you they all had their own way so there was no pleasing any of them.

Pros

Cons

no break room, 1 stool to sit on in entire building, and i worked 40 hour weeks benifits we not affordable

Awful job experience.

Other shifts did not complete their required jobs leaving 3rd shift to do everything. Management was awful. Some co-workers were okay, others were overwhelming to work with and constantly looked for drama.

Pros

easy

Cons

no breaks, awful co-workers

it is hard if you make it hard

i would come to work have to count my draw to make sue its the right amount in the draw from there that's when my day start. cleaning and stocking things people forgot to stock.

Pros

could buy what i wanted in the store and eat it.

Cons

breaks where to short.

fast paced business new faces everyday

fast paced working environment happy customers, the hard part was the not so happy custmers. Keeping up with the gas prices. made coffee, kept food stocked filed the coolers and maintained a clean work place, while checking customers out at the register.

Pros

meeting new people

Cons

no advancement

Common questions about Qik N Ez

Answered by current and former employees at Qik N Ez

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Qik N Ez. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.7 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits