QKids Employee Reviews

I do not recommend
Online English Teacher (Former Employee) –  OnlineDecember 10, 2018
Does not accept being injured in a car accident as a reason to call in sick, even with several hospital and doctor's notes. I definitely do not recommend as a company to work for.
Did not enjoy my time with this company.
Teacher of English (Former Employee) –  OnlineNovember 19, 2018
Unsympathetic company. Did not allow for missed time of any kind, contrary to their hiring paperwork. Left the company because they would not allow for time off after my car accident.
Fun work
Teacher (Current Employee) –  Montgomery, ALNovember 8, 2018
I enjoy my work with Qkids because the support staff is flexible and easy to work with. With the time difference though and the fact they only go to age 12, the workday is very short. Summer is great though when the kids are on break. I get more hours then.
Pros
I get to work and not leave the house
Cons
short working hours
Fun Job
Online Teacher (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GANovember 7, 2018
I enjoyed working with the students. The hours can be exhausting/inconvenient and the availability for scheduling work hours is very limited during the kids' regular school year.
Satisfactory
English Tutor (Former Employee) –  Home BasedNovember 2, 2018
It was exactly as they described. Straight forward, sometimes even fun, getting to interact with and teach children the language I love. It's great to see the range of intelligence. Sometimes you get the shy child who doesn't want to participate, so you spend your time trying to get them to laugh, and other times, they child already knows everything and so you spend your time poking fun at the curriculum.
Pros
Pay, Work From Home
Cons
Early Hours
QKids has the best proprietary software out there for ESL, and they are extremely flexible and professiona!
ESL Online Teacher (Current Employee) –  US Operations as well as ChineseOctober 30, 2018
The software is amazing. Everything is automated, and tech support is very responsive. The application allows you to fix sound and video problems easily, and has a one-click reward system that the kids love. My coach is Jason, and I get tailored feedback and training materials periodically.

I also was hired by SayABC, and worked for both companies simultaneously - but I did not stay with SayABC. They were not even close to being comparable to QKids in bookings, software, staff, etc.

I love this company so much, I would do this full-time.
Pros
Flexible and helpful staff, best software in the industry
Cons
Limited hours during offpeak seasons. There are two busy seasons, and during these you can get more hours - but its not full time.
Best place to work
ESL Teacher (Current Employee) –  McAllen, TXOctober 12, 2018
They are the most accommodating company i've ever worked for. I love the company and I love my students. I'm having so much fun that it doesn't even feel like work. I definitely recommend working with this company.
Pros
work, pay, accomodating
Cons
early hours, not many night hours
Awesome Opportunity
ESL Teacher (Former Employee) –  HomeSeptember 20, 2018
Highly reccommend working for QKids. They understand if you nee to call out, not to mention the pay was great! Making $20 an hour as a college student is hard to come by. The hours are extremely flexible and the managers are very nice.
Fun and flexible part-time teacher job
Online ESL Teacher (Current Employee) –  厦门市September 17, 2018
Qkids is an online teaching platform where you teach pre-planned lessons to children in China. It's a fun and rewarding job where you teach enthusiastic, respectful, and very cute students! They are very flexible with your schedule and allow you to schedule/cancel classes as long as you give 24 hours notice. Management is very helpful and willing to work with you. No teaching experience or Chinese required.

The only downsides are the hours and lack of benefits. Typically you teach early mornings (6:40-9:10am) and late evenings (8:40pm-11:50pm) because of the time difference in China. You are paid by the hour with bonus incentives if you get high ratings from the parents and students.

Overall, a very fun and flexible part-time if you're looking for ~20 hours a week on a flexible schedule. Perfect for stay at home moms and college students who are looking to get into teaching.
Pros
Work from home, good pay, great students, helpful management, no teaching experience required
Cons
No benefits, no room for advancement, part time hours
Qkids Best Job I have Ever Had.
Teacher (Current Employee) –  West VirginiaAugust 21, 2018
Qkids is the best company I have ever worked for. I always get 20 dollars an hour. Very rare to not get your bonus. Company is amazing. They work with you if you need to miss a class or a day. The children are amazing. I work with 3 year old kids and up. The software is great and very easy to learn. The staff always gets back with you immediately to answer and questions you may have. Each class is 30 mins long. You have anywhere from 1 to four kids in each class. All the children already know some English and the younger children always have parents there to help, so you do not have to know a word of Chinese. Which is great because I don't LOL. That was my only worry. How would I be able to get the kids to understand what I what them to do if they don't know any English yet. The parents always help with the younger kids to help them understand what they are supposed to do. Most of the kids already know how to play the games and know they are supposed to repeat after Koby and Momo (Qkids characters), so cute. I make around 1,300 to 1,450 a month, but I choose to take all the hours they offer. Right now they are offering more classes in the evening on the weekdays because school is out in China for the summer. Once school is back in the classes in the evening will go back to Fri and Sat only. Which is their Sat and Sun mornings. If you love kids and Love to teach, this is the best job you could ever ask for and the money is great.
Pros
Money is great, kids, parents, staff is wonderful, software is great.
Cons
Only part time hours.

Want to know more about QKids?

Ask a question
Fun & worth while
Online ESL Teacher (Current Employee) –  ChinaJuly 28, 2018
This job is perfect for the stay at home parent, part time worker, or for extra income! It is so much fun waking up everyday and seeing kids on the other side of the world eager and ready to learn!
Good for a SAHM
Teacher (Current Employee) –  厦门市July 22, 2018
This is a great company if you're looking for supplementary income. Hours can vary A LOT when its not peak season. The bonus system is nice, but during off season it can be hard to meet the attendance bonus (just because there are not enough classes) and its very hard sometimes to keep the parents happy. But overall its a great company to work for and I have enjoyed my time here.
Cute kids, great company
English Tutor (Current Employee) –  Work at HomeJuly 21, 2018
I have been working with QKids for about a month now, and I absolutely love it! The kids are fantastic and love to learn, for the most part, and the parents are supportive. The company provides lots of training and support if you need it, and they go out of their way to assist you if you have a problem. They're extremely understanding of teacher absences. The general vibe is very positive and friendly, and I almost always get all of the hours I open up with them. They're also very responsive to feedback. Previous reviews mentioned the teacher rating system and losing their positions because of it. That rating system has since changed and become much more manageable, and if teachers are struggling they step in and assist with extra coaching.

I think the thing I enjoy the most about this company, aside from how well they take care of their teachers and how awesome the kids are, is the instructional materials are so well done. I have to do very little prep before teaching, because the games in the program make the lessons incredibly interactive. No props, no super-energetic-early-in-the-morning, happy-go-lucky peppiness - just teaching, pure and simple. I don't feel like I'm putting on a show, which means that I can be myself and focus on what matters most - that the kids learn the English they're paying to learn.

I would HIGHLY recommend working for QKids, especially if this is your first time applying for such a company. QKids is fantastic.
Pros
Work from home, set own hours, great kids, lots of support, pay is on time, almost always get your hours, easy-to-use curriculum
Cons
Very early morning, occasional tech issues (but they're quickly resolved), lack of opportunity for advancement, and lack of opportunity for increasing salary beyond bonuses.
Good Job
Online English Instructor (Current Employee) –  FloridaJuly 19, 2018
Working for them has been a super fun experience. I have learned a lot and have gotten nothing but joy from this position. The pay is also amazing and the staff is very understanding.
I love QKids
Online ESL Teacher (Current Employee) –  South CarolinaJune 14, 2018
I wouldn't change my job with QKids for anything! The pay is awesome, the students and staff are great! It's extremely flexible and as long as you cancel classes 24hrs in advance you get no penalty. Management is very understanding and the hours make it easy to also have another part time job or even a full time job. It is by far the best and most rewarding job I have had.
Pros
Good pay, weekly bonuses, referral compensation, flexible, great management
Cons
Slow seasons
Flexible and fun but poor communication from management
Teacher (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaJune 11, 2018
The hours are a bit hard because they are super early
for Pacific time but they are flexible, go fast and its decent pay for that time. However, management appears to be friendly and wants to help but ultimately does not follow through with communication in the same manner.
I taught a couple classes. Management personally said they would review my trial classes and give me suggestions. However, I was sent a generic email that I was not hired after all but could reapply. I thanked both hiring managers personally for the opportunity and that I would still love to hear what I could work on and improve in the event that I'd reapply.
Neither responded back to me which was very unlike their friendly manner in the beginning. I felt it to be unprofessional especially since they had themselves said they would give me suggestions and also had been very helpful and friendly initially. It felt like a fake kindness.
Pros
Flexible hours good for schedule. Decent pay. Work from home.
Cons
Hours are extremely early. Unprofessional management communication skills. Passive aggressive
Great Staff, Tough Hours
ESL Teacher Online (Former Employee) –  Long Beach, CAJune 6, 2018
I knew this job couldn't be my only source of income, with the set hours to work between 3am to 7am, but working the weekend did help when my primary job wasn't giving enough work time. The students who are in the class are so respectful and thankful for the teacher's time. It was so fun meeting them and engaging with them learning English, but the early morning hours was something I was constantly struggling with. If you are able to schedule with working in the early morning, then I highly recommend this to you.
Fun work-from-home job
Online Teacher (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLApril 9, 2018
Each class is supposed to last 30 minutes, and can focus on a variety of vocabulary words and target sentences. You enter a classroom setting 5-3 minutes before, in order to get acquainted with students, and make sure equipment works. Students will most likely be different every class.

Management is great, and extremely understanding. There are coaches available to you whenever you have questions or issues, and time-off is easy to ask for.

You can make the most of it working from home, and not having to deal with terrible workplace environments.

The hardest part is time management. There are some classes that will be easy for students, and they will finish very quickly, so you may need to be creative to extend the lesson. There are other times when you can tell the lesson is too hard, and by trying to explain slowly, the time goes by too fast, and you may become late to the following class.

The best part of the job are the classes that are fun and enjoyable for everyone, and you get to see the smile on a child's face after you successfully teach them a new concept.
Pros
Work from home, Fun
Cons
No benefits, no tax documents
Qkids in one word.......AMAZING! :)
ESL Teacher (Current Employee) –  TexasMarch 24, 2018
I look forward to waking up extra early to get to my computer for classes. I enjoy the kids and most of the parents. The support staff is just one click away and always kind and appreciative of teachers. The pay is GREAT for not having to leave home, put my kids in daycare and have a gas expense. I love it and am thankful for the opportunity!
Pros
support staff, management, kids, parents, pay, convenience of not leaving home and being finished working by the time my kids get up
Cons
I can't think of anything.......
Work from home have time for everything else
Teacher (Current Employee) –  OnlineMarch 13, 2018
So you will be working in the morning probably waking up at 5 am and finishing at around 9 am then you have the rest of the day to do whatever you want: school, church, more work,

Ask a question about working or interviewing at QKids. Our community is ready to answer.

4.4