Qkids
Happiness rating is 85 out of 100

Qkids Employee Reviews

United States199 reviews

Fun place to work

This was a fun place to work. The children were generally sweet and willing to learn. The only issue I wished there were opportunities for advancement.

Loved working with qkids. The platform was easy to use and I feel supported in my position. Schedule was very flexible and the company allowed call outs within reason.

Qkids insights

What people like
  • General feeling of work happiness
  • Clear sense of purpose
  • Time and location flexibility

Fun work environment

The pay was good but the early mornings were taxing on one’s body. They also booked classes for teachers which was nice to have unlike other companies.

Fun job

Overall great students, very few disciplinary issues. Pay is okay, but could be better, especially compared with other companies like this, however lessons are completely prepared by the company, interactive, and very easy to teach!

Qkids

I loved working for Qkids. Their platform was the best in the industry. They made teaching kids English so much fun! I will miss working for the company, but I will miss the students the most.

Online Facilitator

This job was excellent if you are in between. You can work from home, they provide the curriculum and you set your own schedule. Only downside can be the time difference so you're either working super early (5:40AM or until 11:50PM) based on your preferences.

Pros

Good pay and bonuses

Cons

Only paid once a month, must have DIRECT connection to router

Fun flexible place to work

Fun place to work. The program they use to teach is fun and engaging. I love being able to set my own schedule and call off when I need too. The bonuses are easy to earn.

The kids are sweet

Learning about foreign culture through the app was the most interesting part of the job for me. However, being a happy, energetic, enthusiastic teacher is big on emotional investment and it exhausts me. If this is your thing, go for it.

Pros

Learning foreign culture, sweet kids

Cons

exhausting

Flexible Work Schedule and Payment on Time

I worked at Q Kids for about three years. I love that I did not have to create any lessons because the learning platform is created well; interactive and engaging. Although I didn't see the same kids every time it was fun to meet new students of all ages. I had a mentor who gave me teaching tips. Each lesson that you teach is 30 minutes. It was nice to get bonus payment when your class went well (it could be a bit deflating if a parent gave you a poor review and you missed the bonus). However, this is a good company. Love the flexibility and ability to cancel and pick up classes to meet or exceed the minimum of 12 classes a week. They are responsive and helpful. It was a pleasure to work for this company.

Wonderful company to work for!

As an ESL teacher, Qkids was a wonderful company to work with. The only con was the pay for classes was a little lower than other companies. But their classroom and students were among some of the best.

Fun job while it lasted

I loved working for qkids and was so disappointed when American teachers were no longer allowed based on new regulations in China. The work hours were late evenings and early mornings but I had the flexibility to choose days and times that worked for me and my family. I met so many wonderful children and loved seeing their smiling faces each day.

Great company. Great platform and adorable students.

Fun job with great platform and students. Hoping with mandates can continue working. The students are fun, smart and adorable. I love the early hours but they can catch up with you. Great vacation policy.

Pros

Early hours

Cons

Early hours

Great online ESL company to work for

I have really enjoyed teaching with QKids. The students are usually very pleasant and engaged, and the program is easy to follow with no prep. You set the schedule you want one time, but you can cancel a class ahead of time if needed with no penalty. Teacher support via chat is always very friendly and understanding. This has been my favorite online ESL company to work for so far. Downsides are the pay could be better and classes can become a bit repetitive.

The fun lessons and the flexible schedule.

I love working with Qkids! The students are smart, the platform is awesome, the lessons are fun, the schedule is flexible, the pay is good, the support is helpful, and the community is strong. I just hope that the 720 Mandates in China allow me to stay here as long as I want.

Great work at home ESL job.

Great job for moms wanting to stay home with children. The hardest part was trying to look and be excited at 2 am. You need to be very animated to hold the attention of the students for 30 min lessons.

Pros

Fun classes

Cons

Having to teach in the middle of the night

Great part time income

Overall it's a great company. They're very flexible on canceling classes, and very understanding if you miss a class and have a good reason. I would recommend QKids.

Fun part time work

The kids are fun and full of energy. I really enjoyed teaching them, even though the hours were super early. The program is interactive and fun to teach.

Qkids (former employee)

Working at Kids was fun enough. There is always some anxiety before the class starts as you're unsure if the kids will be cute and respectful or if they will be engaged at all. Overall, it's an interesting gig if you're just looking for a few bucks.

Flexibility, easy to use platform, fun

Teaching with Qkids has been very rewarding. I love the flexibility of the company and pay rates are fair. The platform is easy to use and is very engaging for the learners. This has honestly been one of the best companies that I have ever worked for. After taking a break from the workforce to raise my children this has been a great job to jump into. I can't recommend it enough. Thanks Qkids!

Supportive and Understanding Employer.

I enjoy the students, I always leave the class smiling. The material is fun and platform is amazing. There are many supportive teachers online. They are very understanding regarding people with health conditions, families and extenuating circumstances.

Pros

Flexible, no preparation needed.

Cons

Requires energy and quick response time.

A Well Organized and Professional Company

Qkids is an excellent company to work for. I've been an independent contractor with them for over two and half years. Teaching English to Chinese children aged 3 - 12 has been so much fun and very rewarding. The kids are eager learners and their parents are very involved with the success of the students. The staff of Qkids are wonderful people, who care deeply about the students and the teachers. The hardest part of the job is the hours. China is 12 hours ahead of EST, so a teacher is required to teach in the wee hours of the morning. This can be a challenge if you wake up not feeling well, etc. Qkids is understanding and do work with teachers should they have an emergency. I wish I could book more classes with them, as I truly enjoy the Chinese students and their culture.

Common questions about Qkids

Answered by current and former employees at Qkids

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Qkids. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.8 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Compare Qkids with

Learn about Qkids in popular locations

• Qkids
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?