QKids Employee Reviews

Awesome Opportunity
ESL Teacher (Former Employee) –  HomeSeptember 20, 2018
Highly reccommend working for QKids. They understand if you nee to call out, not to mention the pay was great! Making $20 an hour as a college student is hard to come by. The hours are extremely flexible and the managers are very nice.
Fun and flexible part-time teacher job
Online ESL Teacher (Current Employee) –  厦门市September 17, 2018
Qkids is an online teaching platform where you teach pre-planned lessons to children in China. It's a fun and rewarding job where you teach enthusiastic, respectful, and very cute students! They are very flexible with your schedule and allow you to schedule/cancel classes as long as you give 24 hours notice. Management is very helpful and willing to work with you. No teaching experience or Chinese required.

The only downsides are the hours and lack of benefits. Typically you teach early mornings (6:40-9:10am) and late evenings (8:40pm-11:50pm) because of the time difference in China. You are paid by the hour with bonus incentives if you get high ratings from the parents and students.

Overall, a very fun and flexible part-time if you're looking for ~20 hours a week on a flexible schedule. Perfect for stay at home moms and college students who are looking to get into teaching.
Pros
Work from home, good pay, great students, helpful management, no teaching experience required
Cons
No benefits, no room for advancement, part time hours
Qkids Best Job I have Ever Had.
Teacher (Current Employee) –  West VirginiaAugust 21, 2018
Qkids is the best company I have ever worked for. I always get 20 dollars an hour. Very rare to not get your bonus. Company is amazing. They work with you if you need to miss a class or a day. The children are amazing. I work with 3 year old kids and up. The software is great and very easy to learn. The staff always gets back with you immediately to answer and questions you may have. Each class is 30 mins long. You have anywhere from 1 to four kids in each class. All the children already know some English and the younger children always have parents there to help, so you do not have to know a word of Chinese. Which is great because I don't LOL. That was my only worry. How would I be able to get the kids to understand what I what them to do if they don't know any English yet. The parents always help with the younger kids to help them understand what they are supposed to do. Most of the kids already know how to play the games and know they are supposed to repeat after Koby and Momo (Qkids characters), so cute. I make around 1,300 to 1,450 a month, but I choose to take all the hours they offer. Right now they are offering more classes in the evening on the weekdays because school is out in China for the summer. Once school is back in the classes in the evening will go back to Fri and Sat only. Which is their Sat and Sun mornings. If you love kids and Love to teach, this is the best job you could ever ask for and the money is great.
Pros
Money is great, kids, parents, staff is wonderful, software is great.
Cons
Only part time hours.
Fun & worth while
Online ESL Teacher (Current Employee) –  ChinaJuly 28, 2018
This job is perfect for the stay at home parent, part time worker, or for extra income! It is so much fun waking up everyday and seeing kids on the other side of the world eager and ready to learn!
Good for a SAHM
Teacher (Current Employee) –  厦门市July 22, 2018
This is a great company if you're looking for supplementary income. Hours can vary A LOT when its not peak season. The bonus system is nice, but during off season it can be hard to meet the attendance bonus (just because there are not enough classes) and its very hard sometimes to keep the parents happy. But overall its a great company to work for and I have enjoyed my time here.
Cute kids, great company
English Tutor (Current Employee) –  Work at HomeJuly 21, 2018
I have been working with QKids for about a month now, and I absolutely love it! The kids are fantastic and love to learn, for the most part, and the parents are supportive. The company provides lots of training and support if you need it, and they go out of their way to assist you if you have a problem. They're extremely understanding of teacher absences. The general vibe is very positive and friendly, and I almost always get all of the hours I open up with them. They're also very responsive to feedback. Previous reviews mentioned the teacher rating system and losing their positions because of it. That rating system has since changed and become much more manageable, and if teachers are struggling they step in and assist with extra coaching.

I think the thing I enjoy the most about this company, aside from how well they take care of their teachers and how awesome the kids are, is the instructional materials are so well done. I have to do very little prep before teaching, because the games in the program make the lessons incredibly interactive. No props, no super-energetic-early-in-the-morning, happy-go-lucky peppiness - just teaching, pure and simple. I don't feel like I'm putting on a show, which means that I can be myself and focus on what matters most - that the kids learn the English they're paying to learn.

I would HIGHLY recommend working for QKids, especially if this is your first time applying for such a company. QKids is fantastic.
Pros
Work from home, set own hours, great kids, lots of support, pay is on time, almost always get your hours, easy-to-use curriculum
Cons
Very early morning, occasional tech issues (but they're quickly resolved), lack of opportunity for advancement, and lack of opportunity for increasing salary beyond bonuses.
Good Job
Online English Instructor (Current Employee) –  FloridaJuly 19, 2018
Working for them has been a super fun experience. I have learned a lot and have gotten nothing but joy from this position. The pay is also amazing and the staff is very understanding.
I love QKids
Online ESL Teacher (Current Employee) –  South CarolinaJune 14, 2018
I wouldn't change my job with QKids for anything! The pay is awesome, the students and staff are great! It's extremely flexible and as long as you cancel classes 24hrs in advance you get no penalty. Management is very understanding and the hours make it easy to also have another part time job or even a full time job. It is by far the best and most rewarding job I have had.
Pros
Good pay, weekly bonuses, referral compensation, flexible, great management
Cons
Slow seasons
Flexible and fun but poor communication from management
Teacher (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaJune 11, 2018
The hours are a bit hard because they are super early
for Pacific time but they are flexible, go fast and its decent pay for that time. However, management appears to be friendly and wants to help but ultimately does not follow through with communication in the same manner.
I taught a couple classes. Management personally said they would review my trial classes and give me suggestions. However, I was sent a generic email that I was not hired after all but could reapply. I thanked both hiring managers personally for the opportunity and that I would still love to hear what I could work on and improve in the event that I'd reapply.
Neither responded back to me which was very unlike their friendly manner in the beginning. I felt it to be unprofessional especially since they had themselves said they would give me suggestions and also had been very helpful and friendly initially. It felt like a fake kindness.
Pros
Flexible hours good for schedule. Decent pay. Work from home.
Cons
Hours are extremely early. Unprofessional management communication skills. Passive aggressive
Great Staff, Tough Hours
ESL Teacher Online (Former Employee) –  Long Beach, CAJune 6, 2018
I knew this job couldn't be my only source of income, with the set hours to work between 3am to 7am, but working the weekend did help when my primary job wasn't giving enough work time. The students who are in the class are so respectful and thankful for the teacher's time. It was so fun meeting them and engaging with them learning English, but the early morning hours was something I was constantly struggling with. If you are able to schedule with working in the early morning, then I highly recommend this to you.

Want to know more about QKids?

Ask a question
Fun work-from-home job
Online Teacher (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLApril 9, 2018
Each class is supposed to last 30 minutes, and can focus on a variety of vocabulary words and target sentences. You enter a classroom setting 5-3 minutes before, in order to get acquainted with students, and make sure equipment works. Students will most likely be different every class.

Management is great, and extremely understanding. There are coaches available to you whenever you have questions or issues, and time-off is easy to ask for.

You can make the most of it working from home, and not having to deal with terrible workplace environments.

The hardest part is time management. There are some classes that will be easy for students, and they will finish very quickly, so you may need to be creative to extend the lesson. There are other times when you can tell the lesson is too hard, and by trying to explain slowly, the time goes by too fast, and you may become late to the following class.

The best part of the job are the classes that are fun and enjoyable for everyone, and you get to see the smile on a child's face after you successfully teach them a new concept.
Pros
Work from home, Fun
Cons
No benefits, no tax documents
Qkids in one word.......AMAZING! :)
ESL Teacher (Current Employee) –  TexasMarch 24, 2018
I look forward to waking up extra early to get to my computer for classes. I enjoy the kids and most of the parents. The support staff is just one click away and always kind and appreciative of teachers. The pay is GREAT for not having to leave home, put my kids in daycare and have a gas expense. I love it and am thankful for the opportunity!
Pros
support staff, management, kids, parents, pay, convenience of not leaving home and being finished working by the time my kids get up
Cons
I can't think of anything.......
Work from home have time for everything else
Teacher (Current Employee) –  OnlineMarch 13, 2018
So you will be working in the morning probably waking up at 5 am and finishing at around 9 am then you have the rest of the day to do whatever you want: school, church, more work,
Qkids - the best online teaching company!
Teacher (Current Employee) –  work from homeMarch 9, 2018
I have researched several online teaching platforms, and was offered jobs at most of the ones I applied to. QKIDS is by far the best experience I have had. The training was thorough, the hours are flexible yet reliable, the management is easily accessible and very responsive. And of course the kids are adorable, and the job is so very rewarding!
Pros
Convenient hours, steady income, rewarding
Cons
Currently Employed and Love it!!
Teacher (Current Employee) –  TennesseeFebruary 6, 2018
So I have been working for Qkids about a month now and I absolutely love it. At first I was a little worried about having to wake up at 4 in the morning to teach due to the 13 hr time difference, but I am used to it now and it is so worth it to see those sweet students smiling faces in the morning. I love so many things about this job. For starters, its flexible hours which is great for a stay at home mom like me. The pay is great! The staff is probably the most friendly staff I have ever worked for. They are very compassionate and supportive. Always there to help or answer questions no matter what time it is. Its very rewarding to see the children learn and excel throughout the class time. They are very smart children. I couldn't believe it when I had a 3 yr old in my class reading English sentences. I highly recommend this job if you love making a difference in a child's life and interested in something flexible and part time to accommodate your life schedule. But if you are not an early morning person this may be hard because you need to be energetic and make the learning environment for the children fun and exciting.
Pros
Flexible schedule and great pay
Cons
Excellent company, excellent staff!
Online Instructor (Current Employee) –  Maine, USAJanuary 30, 2018
This is a great job for teachers or someone who loves to work with children! The hours are early, but it leaves the rest of the day for other pursuits.

The training is thorough, the staff is supportive and helpful, and the updated platform is more interactive and fun!

This job can be very rewarding, but it is the teacher's responsibility to engage the class and keep the pace, as it should be in any classroom, on or offline.
Pros
Flexible hours, good pay, wonderful staff!
Best Part time job ever!
Teacher (Current Employee) –  FloridaDecember 28, 2017
I’ve been working here for six months. The students are great. The trainers and management are great! The lessons are very interactive and fun to teach. I can tell the students have a great time learning. I wouldn’t change anything but having getting up so early and the pay. With my teaching experience I would like to get paid a little more, but hey, I’m ok with this for now. It’s definitely helped pay for extras. You get paid once a month and they base your pay off of your performance. Do well, you get paid more. I work M-F for 2 hours a day because I chose to. It’s the perfect part time job!
Pros
Easy
Cons
Early Hours
If you haven't heard about Qkids...
Qkids (Current Employee) –  United StatesNovember 12, 2017
If you haven't heard about Qkids,

or thought about teaching online,

well...

it looks like you are missing out.

Is it really a BLAST?

Try and see it yourself.
Pros
Flexible schedule, supportive team.
Cons
Time zone difference.
The kids are the best part! (and the pay) The rest is a bit of a headache.
ESL TEACHER (Current Employee) –  UtahOctober 3, 2017
I really was looking forward to working about 10 hours a week at this job. The most they are willing to give me is less than 6. I am struggling with getting up so early in the morning (4AM where I live) to teach a 30 minute class.They have too many teachers right now they said. I was only hired a month ago.
I guess they were hopeful more students would be using the software. The software itself is very simple but it is interactive and I think does the job well at engaging the kids. I really have looked forward to meeting new students and getting to know their personalities during the lesson. There are sometimes technical problems which cause things to also be problematic. I have always been paid even if a student didn't show to class or if I was there but their system showed I was offline. (They do want you to take a picture or screenshot and send it to them to verify)
The language and culture barrier make communication a litttle awkward with the trainers and management. They are always very polite though.
Pros
Cute kids and Pay
Cons
Early morning hours, random scheduling, technical problems
Fun and flexible
ESL Teacher (Current Employee) –  AnywhereSeptember 29, 2017
JiuQu is a fun company to work for. The work schedule is different than typical work hours because of the time zone difference. Early morning through the week with additional hours on Friday and Saturday nights. I wish there were more hours available because it doesn't feel like work! Great interactive and engaging teaching software program that's simple to use.
Pros
Student interactions are unique; Flexible schedule; Trainers are easy going and fun.
Cons
Possibly the early morning work times, Time zone sometimes creates delays in communication

Ask a question about working or interviewing at QKids. Our community is ready to answer.

4.5