Qkids
81High
4.4

Qkids Employee Reviews

United States92 reviews
Great support but little possibility for personal growth.
QKids was a great company to work with. There was support whenever I needed it and I never felt any of the discrimination that I hear of with other companies. What drove me nuts was that after some time, I was given only the same type of class on a daily basis and when I was assigned something different, it was suddenly taken away and I would be teaching the same lesson again. After some time, I felt as if there was no possibility of advancement for me.
Flexible at home work
Qkids offers a great opportunity to teach English from home. Software is simple and fun to use and offers a great opportunity to gain experience teaching young children. Hours can be difficult for some time zones however.
great company to work for
great company to work for
Very flexible work schedule

treat tutors excellent

The company schedule all your classes for you which is great.

excellent support and they are very understanding if you need to cancel a class.
Flexible and fun teaching, with a kind staff and great students
This has been a great way to earn money from home, and as a bonus it is a really enjoyable way to teach. The lessons are already prepared and scheduled for you. The majority of the students are a real joy to work with, and the Qkids staff is kind and helpful if you run into any issues. You can set your preferred schedule within the hours offered and make changes or take time off within reason without being penalized. Really the only downside is getting up at 4 or 5 a.m. (depending on the time of year and your time zone). Highly recommend!
Pros
Work in pj pants, have fun helping cute kids learn, no scheduling hassles-they do all the booking for you
Cons
Very early morning hours
Qkids is the best and makes a great side gig
I love working for Qkids and I've been working since early 2019! This is my first online job and teaching ESL online. I researched other ESL companies and narrowed it down to Qkids -- the best choice! I love their teaching platform as well compared to other companies that I have seen online, which makes Qkids my standard for ESL companies.

Qkids operates on EST (EDT) time, so if you're in another time zone, just be sure to keep that in mind. I'm on PST (PDT) time so waking up at 3am in the morning became my routine.

Typically, I teach 4 lessons in the morning everyday (7 days) and the lessons are 30 minutes each, can range from 1-4 students in a lesson. Afterwards, you get to evaluate the students and parents will be able to provide feedback on how you taught. There are some lessons offered in the evening, but mornings are best.

Each lesson is assigned, $8/lesson, but if you work an hour, it's $16/hour. There are Standby's (waiting if you need to replace another teacher) in which you get paid $4/lesson, but if it converts to an actual class, you get paid $8 for that lesson. You also get a bonus for $1/lesson attendance and $1/lesson performance (based on parents evaluations). In a sense, you can make $16-$20/hour. Also, the hours are not always guaranteed, although you will be able to see what classes you will be assigned a week prior. From what I hear from teachers starting out, there aren't many lessons available to them, but I believe the longer your work, you will be offered more lessons. I think the veterans are given a priority.

What I love is Qkids is
 - more...
Would you rate your company five stars?
Rate your employer to help people make better career decisions.
If you are a very energetic and love little kids you will love working for Qkids!!!
I am Qkids teacher. I started 2 months ago. I love the little kids they are very friendly and well behave. The pay is good. You get paid $8 for every 30 min lesson. They have different bonus you can apply for. Last week I got $20 dollar bonus. Why did I apply for Qkids I am studying for a big test. I love little kids and I needed a motivation to wake up early. Qkids was perfect for me I work from home (no gas, no fancy clothing, no need to drive to work). PLUS the little kids are super cute, you have also some teenagers they are very respectful. I sharing with with my referral code I will be happy to assist you in the hiring process. Be unique be you!!!
Pros
you work from home and you choose how many hours you want to teach.
Cons
you have to wake up early- for me is good because it's motivating.
Great job
I have worked with Qkids for 3 years. The company has grown a lot because they accept and execute teacher and student feedback. The company's cancellation policy is amazing and the staff is always supportive.
Genuinely Happy
I am genuinely happy working here, and have learned so many new things about teaching that’ve made me love my career even more. The hours are very flexible. I love being able to teach from home. The staff is supportive, and I feel like I can go to them with questions and be authentically helped. I love the students, and feel like I’m making a difference, all the while having fun. The only thing that sucks a little is the very early hours, but I knew that was part of it when I accepted the position, so it’s no surprise. And very worth it.
Flexibility is always great
Qkids offers a very flexible job with good pay. You are able to take long trips and work or not work they are ok with you taking long periods of time off as long as you let them now before. That being said the hours can be exhausting...you have to get up at 4am (est) and finish at 8am (est).
Great
Great place to work at. The kids are great. The management team are great. Flexibility and remote workplace. Mornings and evening classes available. Great company to work for.
Great Opportunity
Really enjoyed my time here, great opportunity to make some extra cash, in a stable and enjoyable manner. You NEED to able to get up early. Overall would recommend.
Great Job!
I've been working with Qkids for about 7 months now, and it's been great! If you work 7 days a week, for the 2 hours that are available each morning, you make around $1000-$1200 a month, which is pretty awesome. And during the summer there's a chance to earn even more because they open 5 classes each night, since the kids are on summer break.

A lot of people complain they don't give you very many hours, which is true at the start, since older teachers get priority, but once you've been there for a few months, you start getting more classes. Also, the amount of classes you get depends on the family's feedback the previous week. If, for example, you got 1 negative feedback, I've noticed they'll take away 1 class from your availability schedule for the next week. I understand the reason for this, but it can also be a bad thing if some parent didn't like you for whatever reason and decided to give you 5 bad marks, meaning you'd lose 5 slots for the next week. You just have to do your best, be cheerful, and make the kids feel comfortable with you and usually there's no problems.

The only downside would be that the classes are super early in the morning. Classes start at 6:30am during the spring/summer months, and fall back to 5:30am during the fall/winter months due to the time change. I live on the East Coast, so it's not a big problem for me, but for someone living on the West Coast, this means getting starting class at 3:30am each morning during the summer, and starting at 2:30am during the winter months.

Another thing is that Qkids recently updated their requirements.
 - more...
Pros
Great Pay, Easy Work, Flexible Hours
Cons
Early Morning Classes, Tougher Regulations
Online Teaching
It's the best company to work for. It surpasses all ESL platforms on the market. You work on Bejing hours, easy to do before a day job. Happy to be working with Qkids!
Great side gig
Loved working at qkids! I would have kept working for them for years but I had to quit for school. It was super relaxed and the kids were really fun to work with!
I've worked for a few ESL companies, and QKids is the best!
I've been working with Qkids for 2 years. Qkids has changed a lot in the past year. They listen to there teachers, and are constantly updating the software to make lessons go as smooth as possible, and they are very understanding about tech issues. If you are unable to teach due to tech issues, they remove the absence (no fees or penalties) and try to help you fix the problem.

Also, Qkids assigns all your classes! So if you say you are available to teach 4 classes a day, they will give you 4 classes a day! No 'trying to get bookings' nonsense.

They may not be the highest paying company out there, but there lessons are the best by far! Very interactive with songs and games you can play with the kids!
Fun, easy job
Typical work day is 2 hours. You're a part time independent contractor so max hours are 15 per week, but you can make up to 20 dollars per hours. Would recommend as a side hustle.
Lack of hours
It is a great company to work for if you just want a side gig. This is not meant to be a place as your only source of income. Some weeks classes are booked completely and other days there may be one class. Income is not steady and should not be relied on. Staff is awesome and understanding.
Workplace culture
Qkids is a great place to work. The staff at Qkids is fantastic. Work life balance is excellent! Qkids is a top notch ESL company. Compassionate staff.
Pros
Working from home
Cons
Sometimes there is a communication gap between employer/employee, that being said, Qkids staff are understanding. The wage is a little on the lower end compared to other companies.
Amazing company!
Qkids is a fantastic company to work for! I have been with them since April 2018. Staff is always very friendly, helpful, and informative. The lessons are adorable and enjoyable to teach. The students are for the most part very well behaved (unlike other companies where I hear it is the opposite). I am grateful for Qkids as they are VERY flexible when you want to request off. No fines, no difficulties when needing time off. Overall, I wish there were more hours given and room to grow! Still, I am content with my role! Thanks Qkids for being great!
Love qkids
Great for those looking got extra money or need to be home more. I worked all summer hours and now I'm working all hours during the school year. It's perfect for me to teach in the morning and have my day job.
Good side gig, morning job
This is a good job to make extra money in the early morning hours. The compensation structure was better when I started, but still remains relatively fair.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Qkids. Our community is ready to answer.
4.4