QKids Employee Reviews

Qkids in one word.......AMAZING! :)
ESL Teacher (Current Employee) –  TexasMarch 24, 2018
I look forward to waking up extra early to get to my computer for classes. I enjoy the kids and most of the parents. The support staff is just one click away and always kind and appreciative of teachers. The pay is GREAT for not having to leave home, put my kids in daycare and have a gas expense. I love it and am thankful for the opportunity!
Pros
support staff, management, kids, parents, pay, convenience of not leaving home and being finished working by the time my kids get up
Cons
I can't think of anything.......
Work from home have time for everything else
Teacher (Current Employee) –  OnlineMarch 13, 2018
So you will be working in the morning probably waking up at 5 am and finishing at around 9 am then you have the rest of the day to do whatever you want: school, church, more work,
Qkids - the best online teaching company!
Teacher (Current Employee) –  work from homeMarch 9, 2018
I have researched several online teaching platforms, and was offered jobs at most of the ones I applied to. QKIDS is by far the best experience I have had. The training was thorough, the hours are flexible yet reliable, the management is easily accessible and very responsive. And of course the kids are adorable, and the job is so very rewarding!
Pros
Convenient hours, steady income, rewarding
Cons
Currently Employed and Love it!!
Teacher (Current Employee) –  TennesseeFebruary 6, 2018
So I have been working for Qkids about a month now and I absolutely love it. At first I was a little worried about having to wake up at 4 in the morning to teach due to the 13 hr time difference, but I am used to it now and it is so worth it to see those sweet students smiling faces in the morning. I love so many things about this job. For starters, its flexible hours which is great for a stay at home mom like me. The pay is great! The staff is probably the most friendly staff I have ever worked for. They are very compassionate and supportive. Always there to help or answer questions no matter what time it is. Its very rewarding to see the children learn and excel throughout the class time. They are very smart children. I couldn't believe it when I had a 3 yr old in my class reading English sentences. I highly recommend this job if you love making a difference in a child's life and interested in something flexible and part time to accommodate your life schedule. But if you are not an early morning person this may be hard because you need to be energetic and make the learning environment for the children fun and exciting.
Pros
Flexible schedule and great pay
Cons
Excellent company, excellent staff!
Online Instructor (Current Employee) –  Maine, USAJanuary 30, 2018
This is a great job for teachers or someone who loves to work with children! The hours are early, but it leaves the rest of the day for other pursuits.

The training is thorough, the staff is supportive and helpful, and the updated platform is more interactive and fun!

This job can be very rewarding, but it is the teacher's responsibility to engage the class and keep the pace, as it should be in any classroom, on or offline.
Pros
Flexible hours, good pay, wonderful staff!
Best Part time job ever!
Teacher (Current Employee) –  FloridaDecember 28, 2017
I’ve been working here for six months. The students are great. The trainers and management are great! The lessons are very interactive and fun to teach. I can tell the students have a great time learning. I wouldn’t change anything but having getting up so early and the pay. With my teaching experience I would like to get paid a little more, but hey, I’m ok with this for now. It’s definitely helped pay for extras. You get paid once a month and they base your pay off of your performance. Do well, you get paid more. I work M-F for 2 hours a day because I chose to. It’s the perfect part time job!
Pros
Easy
Cons
Early Hours
If you haven't heard about Qkids...
Qkids (Current Employee) –  United StatesNovember 12, 2017
If you haven't heard about Qkids,

or thought about teaching online,

well...

it looks like you are missing out.

Is it really a BLAST?

Try and see it yourself.
Pros
Flexible schedule, supportive team.
Cons
Time zone difference.
The kids are the best part! (and the pay) The rest is a bit of a headache.
ESL TEACHER (Current Employee) –  UtahOctober 3, 2017
I really was looking forward to working about 10 hours a week at this job. The most they are willing to give me is less than 6. I am struggling with getting up so early in the morning (4AM where I live) to teach a 30 minute class.They have too many teachers right now they said. I was only hired a month ago.
I guess they were hopeful more students would be using the software. The software itself is very simple but it is interactive and I think does the job well at engaging the kids. I really have looked forward to meeting new students and getting to know their personalities during the lesson. There are sometimes technical problems which cause things to also be problematic. I have always been paid even if a student didn't show to class or if I was there but their system showed I was offline. (They do want you to take a picture or screenshot and send it to them to verify)
The language and culture barrier make communication a litttle awkward with the trainers and management. They are always very polite though.
Pros
Cute kids and Pay
Cons
Early morning hours, random scheduling, technical problems
Fun and flexible
ESL Teacher (Current Employee) –  AnywhereSeptember 29, 2017
JiuQu is a fun company to work for. The work schedule is different than typical work hours because of the time zone difference. Early morning through the week with additional hours on Friday and Saturday nights. I wish there were more hours available because it doesn't feel like work! Great interactive and engaging teaching software program that's simple to use.
Pros
Student interactions are unique; Flexible schedule; Trainers are easy going and fun.
Cons
Possibly the early morning work times, Time zone sometimes creates delays in communication
Love it!!!
English Teacher (ESL) (Current Employee) –  ChinaSeptember 28, 2017
A typical day at Funbulous/Jiuqu usually only lasts a couple of hours. You show up five minutes before class in the teacher program provided by Funbulous and teach approximately 8-12 activities per session. The kids are amazing and so smart! A lot of the students also have English-speaking parents present to help along their kiddos! it is nice to see such great support from the parents :)

Management is amazing. Everyone I have interacted with has been very professional and always willing to help! They are very good at keeping their teachers happy!!! I can't stress this enough: if you have an issue, say something so they can help!!!

Workplace culture is laid back yet professional. I feel almost no stress working here because everything is so well organized and all of the employees are so knowledgeable.

Hard part?

The most enjoyable part is working with the children! They are so fun, smart and have vibrant personalities! After teaching in elementary schools for the past two years, this opportunity has been much more flexible and stress-free. I highly recommend interviewing with Funbulous if you are looking for consistent part-time work that pays on time!

Thanks for everything, Funbulous!!
More interested in bodies than employees.
English Teacher (Former Employee) –  Attleboro, MASeptember 6, 2017
I worked for them for a good two months, with no issues at all, then their program started muting my headset mic. The headset worked literally everywhere else (ie. skype, discord, recording software) and I was told that they would look into it by a manager. Two days later I get a message telling me my lack of sound quality means that they have to let me go. They don't care about their employees, and if anything goes wrong even on their end they will just replace you with another warm body.
Pros
The kids were adorable, the hours were good
Cons
Management. Job Security
Great part-time, fun environment
Teacher (Current Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 31, 2017
I've been working for Funbulous for a little over a month and absolutely love it! I have a passion for teaching and this company provides me with the opportunity to do it from the comfort of my house. Kids are wonderful, waking up every morning and seeing those little faces on my computer screen makes me smile. The software allows you to control volume, who speaks and who doesn't, which makes the classroom management pretty easy. You have to be high energy though, because it's night in China and kids are tired after a long day (however, some of them are still jumping in front of the screen lol). The payment is fair, the only downside is that there are no benefits at all, and when you don't teach, you don't get paid. On the other hand, you have the flexibility of making your own schedule, which is great! You have to be willing to wake up pretty early. I start class at 6:40am and have to wake up before 6 to prepare classes - unfortunately classes are posted only a few hours before, which means like 1 or 2am EST.
It's a great part-time job for some extra income!
Pros
Flexibility, pay, fun work environment
Cons
Time zone
Ok for pocket cash and resume.
Teacher (Former Employee) –  Home BasedAugust 7, 2017
Easy to apply for, but, when it comes to the pre demo interview, pray everything on your side works without a hiccup. Any mistakes or technical problems will disqualify you. They get hundreds of applicants weekly and have no need to deal with anything. Your mic don't work, your gone, computer problems, your gone. So, their is ZERO job security. Their are also absolutely no benefits. So if your thinking of making this into a full time money maker from home, you should seriously consider applying at different companies and working at all of them. Again, no benefits and no job security means at any moment you can be let go for any reason. If you get low ratings from the kids or parents your are also fired. You can expect to make any where from $200 to $800 a month. Depending how lucky you are and the number of bookings you get. The hours of work are 6:40 am through 10:40 am eastern time Monday-Friday and 9:00 pm through 11:00 pm Friday and Saturday. All eastern time based. It's very cut throat!!
Pros
Work from home
Cons
No job security, no benefits, uncertain income, payed once a month
Flexible Hours and Friendly Employers
English Tutor (Current Employee) –  Home BasedAugust 2, 2017
One of the best jobs I have ever had! The staff that you work with on a daily basis are helpful and friendly. The hours are incredibly flexible and it's easy to get time off when needed. Above all, the job itself is fun and the children are a joy to work with. The one "con" would be that the hours are relatively limited, especially during the Chinese school year (only about 2 hours a day). This is fine by me but I wouldn't recommend it to someone looking for a full-time job. I would highly recommend this job to anyone looking for a few extra hours of work a week.
Pros
Positive Work Environment, Fair Pay
Cons
Limited Hours
I would recommend this job, it is fun and dynamic
ESL Teacher (Current Employee) –  FunbulousJuly 21, 2017
Early mornings are the only draw back I've found. The classes are fast paced, fun, interactive. You get to enjoy interacting with your students from your own home. The kids are a lot of fun, most truly enjoy learning.
Pros
It's enjoyable
Cons
Early mornings
A Great Part Time Job with Great Pay!
Teacher (Current Employee) –  New JerseyMay 30, 2017
I have been working for this company for just about 2 months now. I love that the curriculum is laid out for me and there is not much I need to do to prepare. The management is very friendly and I feel that they really care about me. Their communication is also good. The students are adorable and fun and I just love teaching! I truly appreciate the flexibility as well. Having 2 children, you never know what life may bring, and with JQ, there is flexibility...always. With the bonuses available, I feel I'm making really good money. I wish there wasn't such a time difference so that I could work more hours. I foresee working here for a long time and would highly recommend!
Pros
flexible schedule, easy lessons, good pay
Cons
regular software and sound issues
BEST ESL Teaching Job!
Tutor (Current Employee) –  North CarolinaMay 18, 2017
I love this company! If you love to teach or love working with children you will love working here. I have learned how to be a better ESL tutor. Management is great and very understandable. The only challenging thing is the time zone. Depending on what time you may have to get up to teach depends on where you live. Definitely, recommend!
Pros
Pay, Management, Students
Cons
Time zone
Wonderful Company
ONLINE ESL TEACHER (Current Employee) –  homeNovember 30, 2016
For the most part the staff works closely with employees. They supply all needs and training with the exception of home office needs. Which makes working for them easy and exciting! The hardest part of the job has been waking up so early. You do get used to it. The most enjoyable part is interacting with the children.
JiuQu administrators are extremely friendly and flexible
English Tutor (Current Employee) –  厦门市November 4, 2016
The JiuQu online English system is a fun and (in my view) very productive way for Chinese children to further their English speaking skills. The JiuQu administrators are very helpful and considerate as well as understanding of any particular scheduling or other problems that teachers might have. Overall, these guys are just a lot of fun to work with!
Great part time job
ESL Instructor (Current Employee) –  New York StateOctober 11, 2016
I love my ESL job! If you are looking for a fun and enriching experience while getting paid, this is a wonderful company to work for! The staff is very helpful and encouraging.
Pros
flexibility, compensation, good communication with support staff
Cons
Would like more availability to teach