Qkids logo
Happiness rating is 84 out of 100High

Qkids Employee Reviews

Qkids insights

What people like
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • Clear sense of purpose
  • Time and location flexibility

Good: Fun & easy. Bad: early mornings and late nights.

The good: Great ESL Online company to work for. The staff is understanding about cancelling classes when you need to and the hours are flexible. All lesson plans are laid out and the lessons are fun & interactive! The bad: Since the kids are in China, the classes are offered during our early mornings and late nights. Not a full-time gig for most people since full-time hours are only offered a couple of months throughout the year during summer break and Chinese New Year.

They Value Teachers

Other companies pay more, but Qkids pays a fair market amount and treats their teachers very well. Thus, teachers are loyal to this company. I love the curriculum and support. After comparing many companies for an early morning ESL job, Qkids was my first choice. I was so grateful that they hired me!

Pros

Flexibility

Online remote work.

Very flexible schedule. Not a lot of classes available to teach, but can call off last minute. Employees must have a strong internet connection and be TEFL certified. Recently started requiring a degree.

Pros

Last minute call off. Fast response from tech team.

Cons

Have to file as independent contractor.

Great opportunity for those looking to teach and make some money on the side

I thoroughly enjoy working for Qkids. The responsibilities are clear, and most of the kids are very driven and motivated to learn English. I do wish there was an opportunity to make more money per class as time goes on. Right now, everyone makes the same amount per class regardless of seniority.

Fun easy good pay

Good part time job for students and they will pay you to go to china. It was remote as well. They changed the laws in China and you have to have a bachelor's though

Your experience matters.

Help out others considering your employer. Rate your employer.

Not a fun place to work

I was in an impressed with the work area and how the staff treated its employees it was an absolute disaster. Wish I would have reviewed this company before working with them.

Awesome company to work for

I have worked with Qkids for some time now and it is hands down the best online teaching platform. The scheduling is easy and flexible. Teachers can cancel with 5 hours notice and there are no penalties for cancelling booked classes as long as it is done in advance. Even with shorter notice, as long as you communicate what is going on, CCT has always been understanding.The platform is easy for the teachers to use but most importantly, I can tell that the students are actively learning so much with the platform. The Qkids platform is the gold standard when it comes to online learning for kids. The graphics and visuals are so beautiful and engaging. There are also so many games and activities that help the kids to learn and they are very intelligently put together to grab the kids attention, help them to retain information and gradually build on what they have already learned. For the teachers, there are so many tools like text boxes, stickers and spotlights that make it easy for the teacher to convey meaning and really help any students who might struggle. I really feel like I can be myself in class and I don't have to put on an act or be artificial, the smiles and laughs are genuine from me and the students. These features are rare in my experience working with 3 other online companies and I feel like Qkids the most effective learning platform that I have worked with. The team working in China is so incredibly helpful and supportive during class. I can't recommend this company enough.

Pros

Flexible schedule, no penalties for cancellations with 5 hour notice

Cons

pay stays the same despite length of time working with the company

Fun and productive

I had plenty of coaching to help me to succeed. All of the support staff is encouraging. They do their best to answer your questions and work with your needs

Pros

Pay

Cons

Waking early

Flexible

It's a flexible workplace and the pay is good for the hours worked. They are always making improvements. The downside is that you can only work part-time and odd hours.

Pros

flexible

Cons

odd hours

Decent Place to Work Temporarily

It's a good temporary job but grows exhausting when you've been working there for four years. The pay is decent as long as you are hitting those bonuses! I know the company is evolving and doing lots of good things. However, some people get fired for no reason. It doesn't happen often but there isn't usually an explanation.

Pros

flexible, decent pay

Cons

early hours, redundant work

Jobs at Qkids

See more jobs

Flexible and rewarding job teaching children

As a graduate student who also has another job, Qkids has been a perfect side job for some extra income. They are very flexible with your schedule and are understanding if you are absent or need to call out. I don't usually have a full schedule as this is the slow season, but I am told it gets busier in the summers. Love the coaches and communication from the administration. Salary could be improved but the position does not require previous experience, so this is great entry level teaching experience.

Work from home!

I loved working for Qkids! Pay was great. you get paid per class not per hour. Working early mornings may be a downside but you have the rest of the day to do other things!

Work from home teaching English.

I have been working for Qkids for seven days a week since early 2018. I enjoy waking up early and I like starting my day the same way so this schedule works for me! It would be nice if the pay was better or if there were incremental pay increases but there aren't many remote teaching jobs that offer that.

Pros

Wfh, working with amazing Chinese kids.

Cons

medium pay, no raises.

Excellent to work for.

This is a great company with lots of fun and a fully flexible schedule. The staff is understanding and supportive and the students, are fun, energetic and eager to learn.

Pros

Very supportive staff and great students.

Cons

only part-time

Great company to work for

I love teaching with qkids. It’s a great company to work for. The only bad thing is you may not get as many hours as you would like. The coaches are great and they are very flexible if you need time off.

Pros

Flexible work from home

Cons

Hours aren’t always consistent

Great company to work fot

Pros

Flexible work from home

Cons

Hours aren’t always consistent

great flexibility

Definitely a fun place to work. You get to make your own schedule within their operating hours and the kids are the cutest. The curriculum is easy enough to follow and you have support when you need it. Paid once a month.

Easy work and engaging lessons with minimal lesson planning

The lessons are great and engaging and the system is easy to use. You're considered and independent contractor so you get paid by how much you teach. However good ratings and attendance can get you quite a heafty bonus during peak seasons. Low season can hit hard, so I wouldn't recommend this as a reliable income, but its a great supplemental one. Yoi get different students quite often so it's difficult to build rapport. Hours are very flexible. And the staff are very quick to respond to issues, questions, etc.

Pros

Flexibility

Cons

Lack of student/teacher rapport

Working in the middle of the night.

If you want to work in the middle of the night for very little pay, from home this could be for you. Definetly not a full time job. This is for someone as a second job. Hard to reach support at times because of the time zone difference. Lessons get switched around all the time.

Pros

Work from home

Cons

Little pay, short hours, middle of night

Great Flexible Gig

You are an indepedent contractor. The hours are very flexible an the company is considerate of their employees. You will be working early mornings and late nights.

Pros

Flexible, Pay, Great Platform

Very Understanding/ Perfect for the Stay-Home Mom

I would say that out of all of the Chinese ESL companies that I've heard of, Qkid is probably the best to work for. I have relatives and friends that have worked for some of the others and Qkids seems the most workable and consistent in their scheduling and pay. The only downside is that, like all of the Chinese companies, you have to work basically in the middle of the night. So, I'm tired ALWAYS.

Pros

Consistent and meaningful work, very flexible

Cons

exhausting and early

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Qkids. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

4.4

Compare Qkids with

Learn about Qkids in popular locations

• Qkids