Qkids
Happiness rating is 84 out of 100

Qkids Employee Reviews for Teacher

I have worked with Qkids for some time now and it is hands down the best online teaching platform. The scheduling is easy and flexible. Teachers can cancel with 5 hours notice and there are no penalties for cancelling booked classes as long as it is done in advance. Even with shorter notice, as long as you communicate what is going on, CCT has always been understanding.The platform is easy for the teachers to use but most importantly, I can tell that the students are actively learning so much with the platform. The Qkids platform is the gold standard when it comes to online learning for kids. The graphics and visuals are so beautiful and engaging. There are also so many games and activities that help the kids to learn and they are very intelligently put together to grab the kids attention, help them to retain information and gradually build on what they have already learned. For the teachers, there are so many tools like text boxes, stickers and spotlights that make it easy for the teacher to convey meaning and really help any students who might struggle. I really feel like I can be myself in class and I don't have to put on an act or be artificial, the smiles and laughs are genuine from me and the students. These features are rare in my experience working with 3 other online companies and I feel like Qkids the most effective learning platform that I have worked with. The team working in China is so incredibly helpful and supportive during class. I can't recommend this company enough.
Pros
Flexible schedule, no penalties for cancellations with 5 hour notice
Cons
pay stays the same despite length of time working with the company
I had plenty of coaching to help me to succeed. All of the support staff is encouraging. They do their best to answer your questions and work with your needs
Pros
Pay
Cons
Waking early
I love teaching with qkids. It’s a great company to work for. The only bad thing is you may not get as many hours as you would like. The coaches are great and they are very flexible if you need time off.
Pros
Flexible work from home
Cons
Hours aren’t always consistent
Pros
Flexible work from home
Cons
Hours aren’t always consistent
I loved working for them and worked 2 years but then suddenly one day didn't get my contract renewed with no explanation. This happens with all teachers who don't get their contract renewed.
Pros
Energizing, good work environment
Cons
Poor management, no security
Share your experience
Let job seekers know what it's like to work at your company.
I love this job! I appreciate the management and I believe that this is a productive workspace. The hardest part of the job is definitely waking up early.
I love the company it's amazing and the staff is so understanding! As long as you communicate they are super understanding and easy going! I love it.
Qkids provided flexible work for teachers who may need extra cash! The hours can be worked around a regular work schedule. The work is rewarding and the curriculum was easy to follow.
Pros
flexibility
Great events money . Now they require a BS, but still nice if you wanna travel or make some extra money on the side . Fun and easy money. They can be
I have had a very positive experience with Qkids. The management is always supportive and ready to help in any way they can. The students are respectful, engaged (most of them) and ready to participate. I am always able to take off when I need to and have had no issues with payment.
Cons
Time difference Early mornings (China)
Qkids is a wonderful company. They are in fact one of the best ESL companies to work for. The pay is decent and they have a flexible cancellation policy. The staff is always kind and helpful. My only complaint is I wish Qkids did not base our performance bonus solely on the parents. It’s not a good or fair system. Teachers can’t please all parents all the time. It’s not possible. The coaches should look at all red tags/low ratings given and be the final judge. If the low ratings were not warranted we should still receive our performance bonus. If they were in fact warranted, then the Qkids coaches should be providing teachers with feedback on how to improve.
Pros
Remote work, flexible cancellation policy, fun interactive platform
Cons
Hours, parental control of performance bonuses, lack of job security, inconsistent bookings
It was a fun place to work, just early hours. Very understanding of family life and needing to take work off. It is a very part time job, but nice for a stay at home mom.
Just felt I needed to add the review that would have helped me when I was reading through these, especially since you will spend a lot of (unpaid) time preparing, learning and practicing(and money spent) for this job(in which you are an independent contractor- so they have no obligation to you). The staff is very friendly and the platform is fun. It's great that you don't have to use your own props. However, there is an unspoken competitive nature that if you don't know about, will mean that you possibly waste all of that time practicing lessons, getting through the mock trials and through the first week in which they give you hours. There will be parents sitting beside their children and judging(also sometimes filming you with their phones, hitting their kids upside the head when they don't answer correctly, sometimes speaking very loudly in the background and adding positive/negative "tags" for) you. There is a big emphasis on giving all of the students an equal amount of diamonds(and making sure you give away ALL the diamonds) and you need to be very familiar with the stickers and masks and doing all kinds of tricks and games with them. Having some kind of gimmicky thing with stuffed animals or extra "not necessary props" seems to be popular also. Those things are not emphasized by the staff and "not a big deal" from the fb support group. But from what I picked up, they are very important to ensure you retain bookings. Good luck!
Pros
platform
Cons
none if you get into this kind of thing
great company to work for Very flexible work schedule treat tutors excellent The company schedule all your classes for you which is great. excellent support and they are very understanding if you need to cancel a class.
This has been a great way to earn money from home, and as a bonus it is a really enjoyable way to teach. The lessons are already prepared and scheduled for you. The majority of the students are a real joy to work with, and the Qkids staff is kind and helpful if you run into any issues. You can set your preferred schedule within the hours offered and make changes or take time off within reason without being penalized. Really the only downside is getting up at 4 or 5 a.m. (depending on the time of year and your time zone). Highly recommend!
Pros
Work in pj pants, have fun helping cute kids learn, no scheduling hassles-they do all the booking for you
Cons
Very early morning hours
Really enjoyed my time here, great opportunity to make some extra cash, in a stable and enjoyable manner. You NEED to able to get up early. Overall would recommend.
I've been working with Qkids for about 7 months now, and it's been great! If you work 7 days a week, for the 2 hours that are available each morning, you make around $1000-$1200 a month, which is pretty awesome. And during the summer there's a chance to earn even more because they open 5 classes each night, since the kids are on summer break. A lot of people complain they don't give you very many hours, which is true at the start, since older teachers get priority, but once you've been there for a few months, you start getting more classes. Also, the amount of classes you get depends on the family's feedback the previous week. If, for example, you got 1 negative feedback, I've noticed they'll take away 1 class from your availability schedule for the next week. I understand the reason for this, but it can also be a bad thing if some parent didn't like you for whatever reason and decided to give you 5 bad marks, meaning you'd lose 5 slots for the next week. You just have to do your best, be cheerful, and make the kids feel comfortable with you and usually there's no problems. The only downside would be that the classes are super early in the morning. Classes start at 6:30am during the spring/summer months, and fall back to 5:30am during the fall/winter months due to the time change. I live on the East Coast, so it's not a big problem for me, but for someone living on the West Coast, this means getting starting class at 3:30am each morning during the summer, and starting at 2:30am during the winter months. Another thing is that Qkids recently updated their requirements. - more...
Pros
Great Pay, Easy Work, Flexible Hours
Cons
Early Morning Classes, Tougher Regulations
It's the best company to work for. It surpasses all ESL platforms on the market. You work on Bejing hours, easy to do before a day job. Happy to be working with Qkids!
I absolutely love this company! Returning to the work field- QKIDS made my transition smooth. I am learning, teaching and enjoy every minute of this.
Pros
Bonuses, able to take off more than regular jobs.
Cons
Qkids is a great company and I loved my time there. The platform is fun and user-friendly, they have many interactive tools that the kids love, and they are very responsive to questions and concerns. They are also very fair about handling parent complaints, platform issues, etc. and will always review a class before placing blame on you for anything. They really make teaching super easy. The main thing that made them the company I preferred most was the fact that they have an extremely flexible cancellation policy! You can cancel up to 5 hours before (i think) without any penalty at all. Unfortunately, you cannot work outside of the US or Canada for this job (the reason I had to quit). Furthermore, there are no additional benefits( other than pay) and it pays a tad bit low for requiring a Bachelors degree and an ESL/teaching certification ($16-20 an hour). And, as with 90% of these kind of companies, there is not great job security (6 month contracts, and class assignment rates vary). Overall though, I highly recommend this job for anyone looking to make some extra money on the side. The kids are great, and the company is very supportive of its teachers.
Pros
SUPER flexible, great platform, on-par pay with similar companies
Cons
no benefits, only can work in US or Canada, lack of security
Definitely not something to pay the bills, more fun money! Everyone is super friendly, easy messaging system, setup is user friendly. Students are super smart and excited.
Pros
Lesson plans for you
Cons
Technical difficulties