Qorvo Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Ping pong table, pool table
Manufacturing Technician (Former Employee) –  Apopka, FLAugust 13, 2018
As a technician, I learned a lot about the metals equipment. I learned how to recover from errors, and how to bring the equipment up after a shutdown or power outage. I enjoyed the decision making role.
Great environment to work with potential for personal growth
Wafer Fab Specialist (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCJuly 9, 2018
Like any other company there are great managers and supervisors as well as a few problems within the leadership. The other non-management employees are knowledgeable and helpful. There is a true team environment there.
Pros
Easy to earn PTO, Good team work at the lower levels.
Cons
Some executive mismanagement caused layoffs and the sale of a production building.
Great coworkers, upper management less so...
MST Starts Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Richardson, TXJuly 6, 2018
My biggest rant against the company is that upper management continued to pull the distribution of wealth upward away from lower level works at every opportunity. Profit sharing has been reduced, sabbaticals were eliminated.
My coworkers were great. The work culture was great but has also declined. Social interaction seems to be frowned upon in search of the numbers game. If you want a job that pays well, but has declining benefits, then this is the place for you. Expect the frustration of high work output demands while not always being given the tools necessary to meet those demands.
Pros
Decent Salary and above average vacation time.
Cons
Diminshing benefits, metrics above all else
Progressively less cameraderie and more corporate culture.
IC Fabrication Equipment Operator (Former Employee) –  Apopka, FLJune 29, 2018
Production of complex product (semiconductor wafers/chips) meant dozens of processes, each department contributing a fraction of the end product. Quantity was measurable, quality was measured by acceptability percentages, and an acceptable yield was synonomous with perfection. Opportunity for cross training existed, but advancement and recognition for incentive were more available to "favorites" and perceived "rising stars" than to workeres at large.
Pros
Good benefits, 12 hour days with half the week off.
Cons
Benefits were being gutted to cut company costs
stressful
Test Development Engineer (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CAJune 17, 2018
Its a RF/wireless products manufacturing company. Work is hectic at times and stressful, ideal for people who are looking for a career in hardware with hands on experience working with lab equipment.
Fun place to work
SENIOR FAB SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCJune 8, 2018
Friendly atmosphere hard working employees inside the fab,And mangers that don’t really know what going on inside their areas. Like with any company some good supervisor and some bad ones....
The days off were great
Operator (Former Employee) –  Apopka, FLJune 4, 2018
Some of the people are great but the management is horrible. The general manager is horrible, HR Manager is a basket case.
The supervisors especially on day the day shift treated people horribly and wouldn't speak to most of the operators unless they were part of the elite crew.
Best place I have ever worked
Staff Engineer (Current Employee) –  Greensboro, NCJune 2, 2018
I am a tough critic with employers so it means something when I say that Qorvo is the best place I have ever worked. The people are great, fantastic culture of work life balance, great facilities and cutting edge technology. Nothing is perfect but Qorvo is very good.
Pros
Culture, people, technology, facilities
Cons
Insurance has gotten worse over the years
was a good company to work for when it was RFMD
Wafer Fab Operator (semiconductors) (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCMay 14, 2018
When rfmd did a merger the company went down hill really fast.
I guess the Qorvo must have put all there eggs in one basket. They was lossing a lot of orders.
Benefits and PTO good management is incompetent creating stress
Technician (Former Employee) –  Apopka, FLMay 10, 2018
Management in Apopka are inept and incompetent and create a stressful environment to work in there is no opportunity for career advancement. Pay is ok and benefits are good with generous PTO
Pros
Pto
Cons
Stress and job security
Awesome work place
Manufacturing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Richardson, TXMay 3, 2018
I love working at this place, people are nice and management too! We perform our work as a team and it gets done in a timely manner. Just wished the production stayed the same so no more layoffs.
Pros
big free family events and free gifts on christmas holidays
Semi Conductor Operator
Semi Conductor Processor (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCApril 25, 2018
Qorvo is a fast paced company. Qorvo makes semi conductors that designs makes and supplies RF systems and solutions for applications that drive wireless broadband communications as well as foundry services.In order to meet safety goals the Fab maintains required levels of performance in Quality and Safety for each operator .I've learned a lot about the tools that makes the product.The hardest part of the job for me was i worked 12 the night shift sometimes i would get sleepy so you have to shake it off..The most enjoyable part of my job was it was so interesting how the product is made.Just like any job they expect you to come to work on time and give 100%.
Pros
Money
Cons
working 12 hours.
Poor management
Operator (Former Employee) –  Apopka, FLApril 25, 2018
Management is a joke, never listen and only care about themselves. Favoritism is an understatement. Company has no loyalty to any body, and little to no communication.
Pros
Pto
Productive good place to work
Production/assembler (Former Employee) –  Apopka, FLApril 24, 2018
I loved working for qorvo, enjoyed working with my coworkers. I would have liked to continue working there. But I was included in the employee reduction.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Layoffs
Fun and Productive
Manufacturing Operator (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLApril 19, 2018
A typical day at work was okay and normal when and can sometimes be a bit stressful.
I learned how to communicate with my fellow operators
The most enjoyable part is having to learn so many different tools and there wasn't any hard parts.
Pros
holiday events
Cons
Draining.
overall performance
Operator Technician (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCApril 11, 2018
Qorvo seems to be a little bit unorganized for only being there years old. Need better upper MNAGEMENT. Need to communicate better and discuss more proactive solutions.
Very chanlling place to work.always something new to learn.
Fab operator (Former Employee) –  Hillsboro, ORApril 7, 2018
Engineering dept is very supportive to production qorvo is a great place to wk.just need better management in the fab it self i would love to go back and wk for qorvo.
Pros
Free coffee
Cons
Breaks to short especilly the last 2breaks of the shift
good company to work for
Assembly Operator Aerospace/Defense Hybrid elec. (Former Employee) –  Broomfield, COApril 2, 2018
friendly atmosphere, professional ethics, company strives to take care of employees both on and off hours. Overall a very satisfied employee and would recommend to anyone in the field.
Stressfull, always worried about your job.
Lead Operator (Former Employee) –  Apopka, FLMarch 29, 2018
This company is run so poorly they constantly have to lay off and then rehire new staff.
Every week you come in wondering if you still have a job. The Apopka plant is rife with favoritism.
Pros
The benifits. Althogh the medical has gotten worse every year.
Cons
12 hour work days and weird shifts
Not such a great place
Equipment Engineering Technician (Former Employee) –  Hillsboro, ORMarch 29, 2018
I worked at Qorvo on a night shift. It was a decent job, although the mentor I was assigned to was rude and difficult to work with, and the manager was unwilling to do anything about it.
Pros
a job
Cons
management needs trained