Qorvo

Working at Qorvo in Richardson, TX: Employee Reviews

Richardson, TX57 reviews

triquintsemiconductorfablayoffmanufacturingprocessengineeroperator

Chill environment

Worked at Qorvo for many years, I've been given opportunities for growth because of hard work! A good chill environment for the most part. A typical day is doing your duties, a couple emails and simple communication with co-workers. Working the 12/hr shifts can be tough if you're not use to it. But also the best part of the job, Since you have a good amount of days off.

Pros

Career growth

Cons

Low Moral

Nice working condition with full ancouragement and personal growth both academically and industrial way. Each individual will probably choose to either grow in industrial development or academic development growth depending on which area once intend to be for his or her future goals.

Pros

Coffee

Cons

Short break

Qorvo insights

What people like
  • Feeling of personal appreciation
  • Supportive environment
  • Ability to learn new things
Areas for improvement
  • Overall satisfaction
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Sense of belonging

Messy unprofessional

Employees as well as team leaders were inappropriate during work hours , supervisor, the men their love women too much get distracted when a beautiful woman in the room etc..

Get out!

Underappreciated and always understaffed. The pay is not competitive and they expect more for what they give. They have a severely skewed version of expectations versus reality.

Not too fun workplace

They hiring new employees and pay more to them more than paying to old employees . That is not fair .never ever ever . Already talk to manager still no answer .

Good place to work although there are some departments struggling with staffing right now. Company has been flexible with working from home for those that do not directly support production during the pandemic.

Good money little to no room for advancement

Worked here for almost 5 years enjoyed having 3-4 days off in a row, although 12 hour shifts can get hard especially on your feet almost 100% during shift. Almost no room to grow can work for 10+ years and do the same thing every single day of work.

Ok place to work.

Long 12 hour shifts. A lot of standing! No chairs to sit! Tired as heck by the end of a 4 day workweek. So really, 4 days rest is 3 ( need 1or 2 days to recover, 3 days off is really 2!) Working 3 days, then off 4 days weren't bad at all. Management needs a lot of improvement! There's some favoritism within company! Benefits are great! Pay is mediocre if you're new! If you spent time ( years ), you had/ have opportunity to build it a bit. Pay raises are awful! Stock incentives are very good. Can build nice retirement if you plan on being there many years!

Pros

Insurance Benefits, 401K, Stocks, 3- 4 days off

Cons

Long hours!! Short breaks!

Very Poor Management

Qorvo's upper management such CEO, VP's, and Directors do what looks good on the surface to satisfy auditors.Quality is compromised routinely at Qorvo to save time and money without regard for the consequences.Lower level management, engineers, and operators take the blame when issues occur. To put it bluntly, upper management preaches ethics but does not practice it. 'Yes men' are everywhere. Opposing opinions not tolerated.Qorvo's policies are for show and to satisfy audit and legal requirements and not to follow if one is high enough on the ladder.Sorry state of affairs significantly worse after RFMD took control of TriQuint to be Qorvo. New leadership is needed from the top to attempt to rectify this deplorable situation.

Pros

Many hard working people

Cons

Opposing opinions not tolerated

Never sign up for this!!!

I'm not a bitter employee. I'm being open and honest because that's the type of person I am. This company does not care about their employees. Money for people up top that bark orders and stay home behind their computer from COVID well you endanger your live and the li es of your family everyday to keep a job that steals your youth, happiness and any type of joy you might have or think about having. Underpaid, over worked, and undervalued

Great Company

Great Company.But beware of the Asian Wall during training.Some of the equipment is new a lot of it was purchased from other Fab sites so the continuity is difficult depending on the process.

Pros

Split work week, decent pay.

Cons

Language barriers while being trained.

Fast paced enviornment without boundaries

I got hired after a 9 hour interview consisting of meeting and presenting with 14 different people I was to work with. Once hired, I came to my first day to find out the group I was hired into and the position that I was hired for, no longer existed. My new boss and I were introduced on the same day we found our fates. There is a lot of attempted micromanaging from other people who don't know your processes, and a lot of engineers who very obviously do not respect New comers, or manufacturing personnel. It didnt help that I am a small woman, who graduated with my BS in Physics only a couple of years prior. It didn't matter that I had over 6 years of intensive research experience because my group didn't interview me. You have to earn your respect, which I assume is typical, but be prepared. Maintenance is overwhelmed and there are too few people to know how to operate all their thousand + tools. They learned from me learning and setting up training with the vendors. Their boss is aggressive and has no understanding or respect for the process or the hours and hours of time spent learning the tools, breaking down sw code for them to understand or physically training the r/m folks how the tools work. They value speed over quality, even though they swear on LEAN that they dont. Overall, once you have your footing most people will stop micromamaging or if they do, you will eventually have the credentials and respect and confidence to speak your mind frankly, which is overall better.

Pros

Flexible hours, free coffee, night shift doesnt have as much political garbage

Cons

Very political/red taped, Work life balance is nonexistent until you set your boundaries, 80 hour weeks are allowes and you get maybe a thank you and sometimes a 20 dollar gift card, people dont matter- cycle time does

Pays the bills

Decent place to work at. Not great but better than most. When the company does great, you won't see a dime. When the company does poorly, lay-offs are guaranteed.

Pros

Long weeks but long weekends, Health/Dental and time off are very good, Pay is competative within the field

Cons

No opportunity for advancement or promotion, Pay raises are scarce, Lay-offs are a quarterly threat

productive experience

You learn alot working here. clean room environment they care about the people that works here. people here pretty much nice and helpful. company rewards for great work.

The best place I have ever worked

Past employee, The biggest mistake I ever made was moving on to open my own business. I had good benefits and job security. Friendly people and a large diversity of people working at this company.

Management could be better, a lot of favoritism not paying people enough, the benefits are not good As long as you work and mind your business, it’s great for short term

started small as triquint then revamped as QORVO . A very good place to work . Compensation could be improved and better as different individuals doing the same nature of work had compensation disparity .

love getting to work

Excellent team to work with. Supported by process and equipment engineering. Management sets the daily goals and is always willing to support innovative changes that will reduce cost and improve quality.

A pretty solid job.

Working at Qorvo was really cool. I learned a lot there and made friends. Job was first priority but you work with the same people. Schedule was convenient as you work three days one week, four days the next. Giving you plenty of time off for the week.

ok

Could be better, long hrs and not much pay. Decent job and compressed work week is a mini vacation. Night or day shift is long and the people and management are alright.

Pros

3-4 Days off

Cons

12 hrs days and low pay

Productive place for sustaining manufacturing

I really liked the people there as well as my direct manager. The was almost zero interaction across to other groups and organizations. The management did not seem show very good vision and responded reactively.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Qorvo. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.6 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Diversity score

out of 100
Comparably
Diversity Score
Top 30%
In the Top 30% of similar size companies
The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Qorvo.
Powered byComparably