QTS Data Centers Employee Reviews

Productive, valued employees
Accounts Payable Specialist (Former Employee) –  Overland Park, KSAugust 10, 2018
Great work experience with good people. Supervisor taught me more about excel and pivot tables. Enjoyed learning about construction invoices and processes.
Pros
flexible hours, good people
Cons
needs a better reporting system
Great Company
DATA CENTER TECH III (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 8, 2018
Excellent company to work for and the new data center design is quite impressive. The issue is with the pay and no matter how much experience or education they still only hire technicians at a level 1. Even with a bachelors degree and 18 years of experience I would have to get a A+ and a Network+ and a Server+ in order to be promoted to a tech II. That isn't industry standard and what technician with 3 certifications would continue to work for minimum pay and small bonuses when they could enter into a relationship with another data center making 10 dollars or more an hour.
A good company to work for
Customer Experience Manager (Current Employee) –  Suwanee, GAJuly 26, 2018
A typical day at work -
Schedule and prepare Quarterly Business Reviews (QBRs) presentation, meet with customers and go over the QBR document, collect their feedback and follow up. Participate internal and customer meetings that are setup to assist customers with their requests and issues.

Things learned -
I have learned a lot about QTS product and services and what to do for customers to have the best experience. I have also learned by helping company improving its processes.

Management -
I have been very lucky to have great managers over the last 10 years that I have been with QTS.

Workplace culture -
QTS people are the best group of people I have worked with in a long time. Great interactions, behaviors, and attitudes.

The hardest part of the job -
When customers having issues.

The most enjoyable part of the job -
1) When customers are happy of our services. 2) Interacting with QTS people.
Systems Engineer I (Current Employee) –  Suwanee, GAApril 3, 2018
Good place to work. The people are very nice and helpful. We always looking for ways to innovate and acquire new data centers. Our data centers is one of the biggest in Atlanta market.
Excellent Place to Work
Data Center Technician (Former Employee) –  Jersey City, NJMarch 15, 2018
Excellent place to work. There was always something to do but the team was great and worked together to accomplish all tasks. Everyone works together to train new employees. Site Director is the greatest boss I've ever worked for. He takes great care of all of his employees. $0.25 snack machines are amazing with all of the snacks and monster drinks you can handle. A lot of overtime is available. A great sense of family and teamwork not found in many places is felt when working here. The pay is great and the schedules change to accommodate everyone. Rotating shifts help make sure everyone is happy. Same goes for holidays. Site Director ensures holiday schedule works for all which was always amazing. I would recommend working for QTS as it is a great company especially the JCY site.
Pros
Great Work Environment, Friendly Staff, Greatest Boss Ever
Nice gym and offices
Network Engineer (Former Employee) –  Suwanee, GAFebruary 22, 2018
Company takes care of its employees. There offices are nice, clean and spacious. They have a gym onsite and encourage their employees to take care of their health.
Poor management
Senior DCIM Engineer (Former Employee) –  Suwanee, GAJanuary 10, 2018
My experience was lack of management or leadership for the team I was a part of. Management was very disconnected with the team. No clear goals or objectives. During my time there the turn over rate was a known issue and mostly resulted from people being tired of used and not compensated. Even after saving the company over half a million dollars on a single project my position was eliminated. There is some VERY good people working at this company but retention is an issue and they are well aware of it.
Cons
No job stability at all.
Decent place
Operations Service Center Engineer (Current Employee) –  Suwanee, GAOctober 16, 2017
My experience has been short, but pleasant. I had an issue where i was hired below the position I worked in my last company because this companyis so much larger and they wanted me to "Start at the same level as the other techs." I believe that this is detrimental to me and the company. That said, I've had a good time and the people are OK to work with.
Pros
Good people
Cons
Slow promotions and little actual structure.
Was not happy here.
Data Center Operator (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXOctober 4, 2017
This was just not a good place for me. I left a job I liked to take a chance on career advancement. I was led to believe I would be given a leadership role only to be shuffled to nights.
Pros
Cons
Lack of career advancement.
Very Productive
Data Center Technician (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAApril 25, 2017
My time at QTS was very well spent learning from night to night right after graduating from Data Center School IT was all new to me and I was very open to anything I could learn.
hey
Senior Logistics Coordinator/IT (Former Employee) –  Sandston, VAJanuary 4, 2017
why do I have to fill this portion out I really don't care to speak about the company in any light this is an outrage in job hunting
Contract positions are a joke
Technical Writer (Former Employee) –  Ellington Field, TXJanuary 2, 2017
One of their postings comes up every few months because the customer refuses to fully fund the position, and the technical team managing the project are just a bunch of fussy women who can't play nice in the sandbox, and are serious backstabbers. They promise a high salary, but the job is really a temp position for when the women can't keep up with their work because they are too busy going out to lunch and shopping.
Good Company
Data Center Engineer (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 24, 2013
High Volume of Work
Learned many skills by taking on various roles, lots of responsibility
Management very relaxed
Co-workers are cohesive and team orientated
Lack of man power
The family like feeling
Working at data center is extremely rewarding
Senior Remedy Engineer (Former Employee) –  Suwanee, GAJanuary 2, 2013
High tech environment.

Working at a data center is a dream job for high tech professionals because of all the smart people around, exposure to constant changes in the industry, telecommuting and excellent benefits. And the best part was being treated like a professional and no micro management.
Pros
benefits, new technology and lots of geeks.
Cons
long hours.