QUAD Employee Reviews

Found 1,724 reviews matching the search See all 1,811 reviews
Wouldn't recommend
Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NEApril 19, 2019
The job itself isnt bad. Poor management and constant changes they make are annoying. They never follow through with anything. They promote constant overtime than turn around and cut hours. Training sucks. Small raises
Pros
Not very many
Cons
12 hour days
Too Much Hassle For Much Less Reward!
Finish Technician (Former Employee) –  Saratoga Springs, NYApril 18, 2019
Not worth the energy to apply to this job. I wasn't being trained the things that I needed to know, and when I inquired several times to my "trainers" and shift supervisor I was told that it was alright, and that I "didn't need to know how to do such things yet", however, I was constantly receiving angry glances when something caused the machine to jam, or stop operations for whatever reason. I definitely didn't feel welcome there. The pay was definitely not worth what was required as daily work duties. There's no telling when you're going to work, so you can't schedule the rest of your life around Quad. You constantly need to view an online work profile, to receive posts pertaining to workshops that are mandatory, which consist mostly of acknowledgements to work related policies, which in and of itself is too much. What ever happened to policies typed up on paper and handed right to you?
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Strongly felt uneasy by seasoned employees
Poor Management
Corporate Biller (Former Employee) –  Sussex, WIApril 16, 2019
Quad used to be a good place to work. Many changes in benefits and work culture made morale suffer. Poor management was a problem. People not qualified were put in that position.
good place to work
Superintendent/Project Manager/Estimator/Operator (Current Employee) –  Lumberton, NJApril 14, 2019
Busy all day, always new challenges, good diverse work culture. I enjoy the jazz of the business. I enjoy the various jobs and dealing with new people.
Pros
Good job
It's a shame.
Press Assistant (Former Employee) –  Midland, MIApril 12, 2019
People can talk about pre-Quad/post-Quad all they want, but the fact is that whatever the company banner says out front, it's what's inside the building that counts. I can honestly say that I loved my job, but I have to add that some of the people I was required to associate with as well as condescending attitudes from management made my time there less pleasant. For example, when an operator repeatedly creates an environment that is just short of hostile, is reported, and only outcome is a slap on the wrist followed by a slow but assured regression to more of the same "rinse and repeat" incidences (this is not one isolated instance---this is year after year) it tends to draw the wisdom of management into question. Another issue is that the application of "policy and procedure" was probably the only thing that was consistent across the board, in every meaning of the negative sense. It was the only thing that EVERYONE on the production floor had in common. When getting a disputed "occurrence" (as absences and late arrivals were called) requires documentation short of needing a notary public to be considered valid to be removed from an otherwise decent record, or needing the skills of an attorney to "plead the case" and understand the way your supervisor is interpreting the policies (a.k.a. "supervisors' discretion") it's time to take a step back and consider other options.
Pros
The variety of the jobs was a plus. Learning new and different things was always exciting, especially the mechanical and technical aspects. The satisfaction of completing a quality job.
Cons
Policy
Great warehouse job
Finishing Technician (Former Employee) –  Sussex, WIApril 11, 2019
Quad is a great place to work if you want benefits. From heath insurance to dental, quad will have your back. They even have a good truck that will come yo your station while you work
Pros
Paid lunch
Fast paced swing shift
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Parkesburg, PAApril 11, 2019
i enjoyed working at this facility. the presses were 35 feet tall and 150 feet long. stack papers, fix breaks in the press. Print cylinders for the next issue.
Long days doing the same thing
Fulfillment Specialist (Current Employee) –  Saratoga Springs, NYApril 10, 2019
If you enjoy turning your brain off and doing the same thing every day then this place would be for you. But be ready for long hours and low pay. Rotating day and night shifts every few months.
All the people are very nice and helpful
Paper clamp operator (Former Employee) –  Merced, CAApril 10, 2019
I loved working here it's too bad that I got in a motorcycle accident and lost it because I would still be there all the people are so nice especially in the office they know how to talk to the workers and fix all there problems. Working on the rail dock is fun and it's nice and clean
Pros
They train very good so you know your job and functions
A typical day at work
Product Flow Techinician (Former Employee) –  Saratoga Springs, NYApril 8, 2019
I would work the same machine for twelve hours straight and some days I'd hop around the machines and help the other employees who needed assistance, the operators we're pretty knowledgeable to what they were doing.
Pros
two breaks 30 mins each
Cons
seasonal job
Come for the money, stay for the ppl
Press Assistant (Former Employee) –  Merced, CAApril 6, 2019
All in all of how bad of a place this is to work. Dont get your hopes up on advancing due to your skill set, it's a back breaking job. Good part is, there's a lot of great people to work along side. So me grandfathered in. They stand as a reminder to the quad community. And that is when you turn 60 years old, find a better job!
Cons
Gurl do you have time?
Salary
Marketing Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Fullerton, CAApril 4, 2019
I love working for Quad. The only problem is the pay is too low for living in California. I have too many responsibilities for the little amount of money that I am currently making.
Pros
People
Cons
Salary
Which Level of Hades Is This?
Finishing Technician (Current Employee) –  Midland, MIApril 4, 2019
Training is subpar, to put it politely. Serious lack of communication in the plant, across all levels. Prepare to be written up almost immediately so the company can get out of giving a raise once the 60 trial days pass. Unless you already know someone working there who is in good with the boss, expect to be looked down on and treated as if you do not exist by basically all of the higher-ups. Blatant favoritism is shown on a daily basis; some employees can get away with doing nothing for a good chunk of the shift while others are called out for standing around for a few seconds to catch their breath. Depending on who is the machine operator, you may or may not get breaks, which are supposed to be a requirement, with some caring more about the numbers than anything else. Machines are quite outdated and require more effort than should be necessary nowadays. Company shows no appreciation of the hard work put in and the toll that it takes on one's body, looking at employees as disposable. QUAD will essentially become your life, like it or not. HR is unhelpful. Most coworkers are fairly decent, but there are a few with a serious chip on their shoulders. It is just not a good, productive environment overall.
Pros
Hmmm
Cons
Improper training, lack of communication, favoritism, attitudes, unfair treatment, no breaks some days, outdated machines, stressful, no work-life balance, unhelpful HR department
Best place i ever worked
Offset First Pressman/ Second pressman (Former Employee) –  Leominster, MAApril 3, 2019
Now I I to be honest I had my stressful days at Quad but for the most part the guys I worked with In the press room were all stand up guys if you work hard and put your mind to your job the pressman here have no problems showing you what you need to know. That being said you have your share of D Bags there too the know it all types. But if you have experience with sheetfed printing or webs I'd say get a job here its laid back to a degree and you have fun while your working with is what I miss the most.... also the sheetfed department is all heidelbergs not shtty komori or Mitsubishi presses.
Pros
People, hours, days off, everything
Cons
Some people
Bad Taste In My Mouth From Here.
Finishing Technician (Current Employee) –  Fairfield, PAApril 2, 2019
I was hired directly into their "0-60 Program". The idea and concept is great, but the execution and my experience was WAY below average and NOT what was promised.

I completed my 60 days. During which, I worked as a Finishing Tech in layout. My "champion" didn't even know I was starting there or even of my existence. He passed me off to my coworker in layout. This guy was an absolute waste. He has been there a while, but did not train me at all. Not even a greeting at the beginning of the shift. He watched me struggle and never bothered to help. This guy always walked away from the line, too. He would go behind my work and change it without saying why. I don't know if this is normal in a trainer, but I didn't like the lack of direction and support. The gather operator was always yelling at me and half of the time was on a rampage. Keeping in mind I'm new and have no direction, she's yelling at me for mistakes I shouldn't have made, but didn't know to look out for. Even after apologizing, she was still extremely difficult to work for.

Eventually, HR caught up with me and I told her I need to have a meeting. I felt like this place had management claim to care about my success but the "regular" guys couldn't care less. We had the meeting and apparently this wasn't the only time new people have had issues with him. They talked to him and he still hasn't changed. I sucked up the conditions because I was told I was to be primed for their ACT program, which will get me higher pay and training on a machine. I was to get trained on the trimmer. Now, I have more issues.

I kept
  more... getting pressed to learn, which is okay, however, I WAS BARELY EVER PLACED ON THE MACHINE TO BE TRAINED. They don't have a full staff most days, so I would be in other areas working. Management wanted me to take any time to learn the setup, which I found and fins to be difficult because of having to deal with the responsibilities of the area I was working in. I find it beyond frustrating that management would ask if I know how to run the machine yet...are you kidding??? How can I do that when you barely ever assign me to it for the day?

Now they're changing the payscale and most likely not compensating people that have been there properly. My thought is that if my experience hasn't lived up to the hype yet, it probably won't and the ceiling isn't as high as I anticipated. I feel like management has forgotten and given up on me here.

The only thing that made this bearable was some of my coworkers. There are some good, hard working people that work there. You can also eat on your line, which is nice. The 12 hours is doable, but not the swing part. It's not for everyone. This job is just a job, but I wouldn't stay forever.
Pros
Can eat on the lines
Cons
Management out of touch with employees, lazy coworkers, mean coworkers, swing shift
Fast work flow
Production Manager (Current Employee) –  Winchester, VAApril 1, 2019
Very fast environment.
Quad is all about education. Trains employees to do their job.
Management takes the time to talk and work with employees.
The hardest part about the job is dealing with employees that do not want to change with the current direction of the company.
Most enjoyable part is that every day brings a new challenge.
Pros
Insurance
Not for everyone
Material process leader (Current Employee) –  Versailles, KYMarch 31, 2019
Pretty good for a temporary job..If you are interested in a career you may want to review your options before committing full time. It's a constant changing environment where your loyalty does not pay off.
Great place to work and plenty of overtime
Finishing Technician (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKMarch 31, 2019
Quad Graphics was a great place to work. You get as many hours as you like. All they ask is you at least work two twelve hours days a week. I wish I never left. I would totally recommend this place to anyone. Only downfall I see was two twenty minutes break for the twelve hours working there.
Pros
Great cafeteria.
Cons
Two twenty minutes break for twelve hours. Stand on your feet for twelve hours
Too much favoritisms
Roll Tender (Current Employee) –  Winchester, VAMarch 29, 2019
Poor management ... Shows favoritism to certain employees...Nothing is consistent... Spoken to poorly... Worst management I’ve ever seen... They lack in communication skills... Overall they are just not a good company to work for.
Pros
Cons
Poor management
Positive - Collaborative work environment
Postal Account Strategist (Former Employee) –  Lomira, WIMarch 28, 2019
A typical day at work is full of variety and you need to be able to multitask.

The culture of sharing knowledge and teamwork is the best thing about working at Quad. They grow their people and actively work towards process improvement.

The working relationships you build with customers, vendors and internal partners / departments are invaluable.
Pros
flexible schedules; collaborative environment
Cons
stressful at times

Ask a question about working or interviewing at QUAD. Our community is ready to answer.

Women's ratings

3.3Fairygodboss Score

50%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

67%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss