Quadax, Inc Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Managers of IT staff were poor
Business Systems Analyst (Product Management) (Former Employee) –  Middleburg Heights, OHFebruary 8, 2018
Too many managers were over promoted technicians. Projects goals were unclear. The culture was secretive and political. There are many related family members in the company.
Pros
Pay was fair
Cons
Poor managers in IT, Overlapping IT functions
Good work/life balance and benefits
Quality Auditor (Current Employee) –  Middleburg Heights, OHJanuary 23, 2018
Great place if you have a family to raise or you have a passion for medical billing.
Lots of lateral opportunities but not much vertical "promotions".
After a few years, you have skills that other employers will value. Many leave after four or five years because the salaries flatten out - and other companies will pay you more.
But the benefits are good - good insurance and four weeks of PTO.
Pros
Four weeks of PTO and good insurance.
Cons
A sea of gray and beige cubicles.
Business office, very neat and orderly
Insurance Clerk (Former Employee) –  Niddleburg, OHDecember 4, 2017
I enjoyed the busy work at Quadax when I had enough to do. I was cross trained to keep me busy. The environment was very friendly. Quadax offered lots in inservices and on the job training.
Pros
on the job training
Cons
the work was interesting sometimes, and there wasn't always enough to keep me busy
Quadax is a good place to work
Pre-Billing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Youngstown, OHNovember 15, 2017
Quadax is a good place to work. Nice hours and fun co workers. It is a "day" job that conforms to the person that wants to have weekends and holidays off.
Overall okay company, but bad pay
Medical Software Workflow Analyst/Leader (Former Employee) –  Middleburg, OHSeptember 18, 2017
Company is your typical office job. Main issue is that salary is not adjusted appropriately. Each year you're eligible for up to a 3% increase, no more, regardless of how well you perform at your job. However, they do adjust position salaries for new employees. This means that veteran employees make far less then brand new employees, and they are not willing to correct this.
Pros
20 days of PTO
Cons
Company does not adjust salary appropriately
Stressful
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Middleburg Heights, OHAugust 9, 2017
Here's no support for management. The focus is on the production staff and when there are employees that are not meeting the production standards, the just get moved to a different division / position. Benefits are wonderful and pay is questionable
Benefits
Cons
No support for management
Stressful
Insurance Specialist (Current Employee) –  Middleburg Heights, OHJuly 18, 2017
Stressful place to work. Expectations of employees performance are ridiculous. Too much pressure put on employess that have been with the company for a long time.
Pros
Flexible start times
Cons
Management does not care about the empoyees at all.
Concentration camp
Benefits Investigator (Former Employee) –  Middleburg Heights, OHFebruary 14, 2017
Not allowed to speak to co-workers, ask permission to go to bathroom and you better not take to long - you're being timed. Management looking for perfection but doesn't like to pay for it. Very strict.
Pros
Going home
Good Place to Work
Production Manager (Current Employee) –  Strongsville, OHNovember 16, 2015
Good place to gain job experience! Great facilities and wellness programs. Company clearly cares about it's clients and employees. The company is growing at a rate that is hard to keep up with.
Great effort in offering Health Programs to benefit employees.
Administrative Assistant - E.D.I. Dept (Former Employee) –  Middleburg Heights, OHOctober 17, 2015
I learned that great communication within management and co-workers is the key to a reaching goals successfully.
I was exposed to a multitude of documents to include: Medical Records, Appeals, Refund Documentation, Refunds, Payments, E.O.B., and correspondence etc., and learned to process all within required dataset interface that would be retrieved by company work departments through the workflow process.
Pros
Free parking, free coffee, and vending machines.
Cons
No breaks.

Want to know more about Quadax, Inc?

Ask a question
Staff employed by company is fantastic but mangagement needs more training
Senior Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Middleburg Heights, OHSeptember 27, 2015
My schedule was Monday thru Friday 8:30-5:00. I worked at Quadax for almost 5 years. During that time, I feel there should have been far more training as the needs of the department changed. There were many different departments to work in but the Manager of the department that I worked in, Harp Call Center, was not prone to let anyone transfer to a different department without that employee following chain of command and setting up an meeting with the HR department directly. Many employees in the Harp Call Center have requested to be transferred to a different department in order to increase their knowledge base and skill set but the Manager of the Harp Call Center, again, is not accustom to letting anyone leave that particular department.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
No room for growth in department I was in
no comment
Prior Authorization Representative (Former Employee) –  Middleburg Heights, OHAugust 5, 2015
Not a place where you can build a future I did learn a lot but I couldn't advance so I decided to move on. You have to want to make that a career
Good company to work for (3rd party billing)
Medical Billing/Authorizations Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Youngstown, OHJune 29, 2015
I've worked for Quadax for a long time. Many good people at this company. Did A/R for pathology and did appeals. Management team was very good. I moved from Ohio to NJ and needed employment in NJ
Pros
Worked at my own pace
Cons
Working with outdated computers
A Business Dedicated To Professionalism
Patient Advocacy Representative (Former Employee) –  Middleburg Heights, OHMarch 28, 2015
Days were busy without being overwhelming. Offered above average benefits package. Fast-paced, ever-changing environment (a plus for some, a negative for others). Incredibly dedicated to maintaining a professional appearance to visiting clients, which means strict, detailed rules about attire and workspace. The hardest part of the job is keeping up with the constant insurance benefit and client changes. Management respectful and concerned with keeping employees happy. Not crazy about the Big Brother Is Watching set-up of the building, but it is clean and well-maintained, if a bit too gray.
A great place to work
Patient Advocacy Representative (Current Employee) –  Middleburg Heights, OhioMarch 19, 2015
When I walk through the doors of Quadax, I am unsure of who will be there. The turn around time for employees seem short. There is a lot of movement to different departments. The end of the week is more productive for me because there is less phone activity to allow me to process insurance EOB's and other correspondence. The hardest part of the job is handling an irate caller and picking up where you left off of with the correspondence. The most enjoyable part of the job is working with the best team. Everyone gets along and I have the best Manager and Supervisors.
Pros
Competive pay, overtime availability, good team members, paid holidays
Cons
Short breaks, bad parking, no tuition reimbursement
I did not have to dress up
Insurance Specialist (Former Employee) –  Youngstown, OHFebruary 2, 2015
Every day I would receive explanation of benefit statements from insurance companies. I would go into a patient's account and enter the information from the statement. Then I would either follow up with the insurance company, make an adjustment then bill, or deny the claim and bill the patient.
Productive work place
Medical Biller (Current Employee) –  Middleburg Heights, OHJanuary 6, 2014
I posted payments all day long
I called insurance comapnies to find out why something was denied or if it was paid wrong.

My co-workers were a great group of people to work with
Employment at Quadax
Computer Operator (Current Employee) –  Middleburg Heights, OHOctober 1, 2012
I started working here as a 3rd shift computer operator, and moved to 1st shift November 2011. Altho I prefer 1st shift hours, I enjoyed my 3rd shift responsibilities more. During the day, I assist in daily processing on the UNIX systems, print various forms, and make sure they are delivered to the proper person within the company; however, it seems my department constantly receives requests that do not pertain and have never pertained to our department. While we do our best to forward these requests to the correct recipients, we often get overwhelmed because we end up dealing with many things that our department should never have to deal with. The person who replaced me on 3rd shift has messed up more often than not, sometimes causing the company to fall days behind in work, yet for some reason, he still has a job. We have constantly brought his problems to management attention, but it seems that management does not want to take the time to try to find a replacement, so they tell us to try to train him more. We have been training him for almost a year now, and he still makes the same mistakes time and time again. There are many benefits to working here, but I feel that management is poor, and we have fallen way behind in our work because a problem has not been properly dealt with. While I do not mind my normal job responsibility, I feel that it is necessary for me to part ways with this company, and move to a company where I can further my career.
Pros
excellent vacation time, wonderful health benefits
Cons
poor management, inconsistency in job responsibilities
Nice place to work.
Appeals Specialist and Insurance Follow (Current Employee) –  Youngstown, OHJuly 16, 2012
I enjoy my job at Quadax, I have learned a lot concerning the appeals process as well as billing. My managers are helpful and knowledgeable. The hardest part of my job would be ignoring the the typical gossip that comes in the workplace, many people are not satisfied with their job and frequently voice their opinions. Quadax is very proactive in the health and well being of employees, we have the option of walking during the week, stretching classes, biggest loser competition and a hydrating challenge which is very fun and informative.
Stable company
Medical Billing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Youngstown, OHApril 9, 2012
Busy entire day doing various medical billing and follow up.
All aspects of follow up and billing for different specialties.
Management is fair
Co workers vary in personalities.
Expectations of workload
Phone calls
Pros
luncheons
Cons
no breaks