Quail Run Behavioral Health Employee Reviews

Productive workplace
Behavioral Health Technician (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMay 25, 2019
The job is just busy which I like to be busy. The staff turnover ratio is very high. We are always short of staff. If you there to more hours, you will get the hours really but most of the time, you are working by yourself.
Pros
More hours as always
Cons
Short of staff always
Plenty of Overtime and fast paced
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZNovember 24, 2018
Quail Run is a good place work because they give you autonomy and plenty of overtime is available. I think you can learn a lot here under pressure and working with a good team is a plus.
Pros
Overtime
great place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZSeptember 30, 2018
Great place to work, it is awesome here, love it, don't ever want to leave and work anywhere else ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever again!
Are you kidding me
BHT (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZSeptember 18, 2018
This place is soooooo full of themself, management is horrible,, does not stand up for employees at all. You work short all the time. And they want 100% even though your alone on the floor, most of the staff are friendly and nice. There are others there that are only taking up space and hate the job. Literally I heard a nurse say one time I'm here for the money that's it. There is a reason they give you a $2,500 sign on bonus for BH t cuz most of them Won't Last a year and they will collect your money and make you pay them back. You have a CEO that sits and watches video of staff and picks out every little thing someone does wrong if you're going to work there good luck worst place I've ever worked nice people for the most part management sucks.
Pros
Co-workers, lunches are cheap
Cons
Cons, everything else.
Management needs work
Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZSeptember 6, 2018
Beware this company! At first, they will try to fool you into thinking that they are happy to have you on board, but wait a few months and they will really let their true colors show. Like the other reviews, administration is really full of themselves and will not listen to their employees. There is such a disconnect between the higher-ups and the people that actually work with patients, which is ridiculous. Every week, there are always new "policies" and they are never documented. Management will try to get co-workers to turn against each other and will throw people under the bus during their meetings. I would say that the only positive thing I got out of this job are the co-workers and colleagues I had. The RNs, social workers, intake coordinators, housekeepers, cooks, finance people and BHTs were such nice people to work with.
Pros
Colleagues (except for most of upper management), cafeteria food is decent, newer facility, close to freeways
Cons
Management is VERY clique-y, corporate greed, punitive, plenty of micromanagement
There's a reason why RUN is in the name.
Not saying for fear of backlash (Current Employee) –  ArizonaAugust 31, 2018
While you will work with some incredible loving people. Management is horrible, you are expected to work all day and all night if you are salary. You should not have a life outside of the hospital. Staff is never appreciated, you only hear from your supervisor when they want to tell you that you're not doing enough. Every meeting is filled with new responsibilities, even though no one can finish what they are already doing. If you hate yourself and want to live and breath your work, I guess come here, otherwise RUN.
Poor management and Gossip gossip gossip
Intake Counselor/Therapist (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMay 13, 2018
This hospital is new and very nice, but if you work in intake or even on the units...the work culture is poor and filled with gossip. Management is poor as directors and the CEO rule the roost and micromanage departments. Staff often quit after training or a few months upon being hired. If you focus on your work and keep your head down and that's your personality--you'll do fine. Salary is comparable to other hospitals in the valley. Good luck!
Pros
Salary is comparable to other facilities, quick-paced
Cons
Stressful, poor management/micromanaging, Gossip-filled, Horrible HR Dept
HIGH turnover for a reason
Behavioral Health Technician (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZApril 24, 2018
I learned very quickly that upper management is very punitive and does not care at all what you have going on outside the hospital walls. I asked to be a few minutes late to the TRAINING class that starts late daily anyway so I can take care of something extremely important and I was cut off before even finishing my sentence and was quickly rejected. I resigned shortly thereafter. You have to have space for some flexibility, things come up. I can deal with a strict employer but they also should be reasonable, it’s called compassion. I refuse to work for someone who blatantly shows they don’t care about their employees. At that point I didn’t care about any bonus.
Pros
Bonuses
Cons
Don't take a job with a sign-on bonus
Staff RN. (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZApril 14, 2018
There is a reason there is a sign on bonus and it's staffing. Unsafe staffing ratios and extremely poor management. No supervisor on night shift and no charge nurse either. You must punch out for a lunch even if you don't take a break.
Pros
Overtime if you want it
Cons
Unsafe staffing
lack of compassion and understanding from administration.
BHT (Former Employee) –  PhoenixMarch 8, 2018
The most enjoyable part of the job is being able to work with the patients and being able to help people. I was very satisfied with my position within this company. I loved the people I worked with and found it easy to find people all around me with good intentions and genuinly cared. The admistration is out of touch with the day to day flow of a BHT s job and its as if the were a seperate place of buisness entirely. The administration is constantly changing policys, they constantly call people in for any sort of thing and instead of praising their employees for the time and dedication they put into the company does not matter. Insentives are hardly followed through and if you call off during a pay period you loose all your incentives. They will call you off a shift now because of overstaffing. and terminate long term employees because of new management and then hold 3 orientation classes.When I was called in to speak to the new upper management she had assured meshe simply wanted to speak to me. I thought she was calling me in to thank me for all the time and dedication I put into my work and almost being employed a year thought I was finally going to be told by management that I was appreciated, I was then given an ulta matum to be terminated without reason and have to pay back my hire on bonus or sign a statement of resignation. She asked me which would it be . I loved my job and went to bat for every single person I worked with and truly poured my heart into working here. I worked upto 80 hours a week and I loved being there.
Pros
Loving workers with big hearts, decent money
Cons
poor management, management are underapreciative of their employees and punish people who care
Don't go there
RN Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZOctober 31, 2017
Very punitive, stressful environment where every effort you make is being taken for granted, but you can count on being punished for slightest mistake. Workload is very unreasonable and is being constantly increased. Short staffing is a norm. All that makes the employees short-tempered and administration skillfully uses that to put the employees against each other. Complaint culture is rampant. Very poisonous place, I wish I never went there. No bonus is worth it.
Pros
Good insurance, relatively new and clean
Cons
Everything else
Senior Behavioral Health Technician (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZOctober 26, 2017
none nothing really to say if you don't like where you're at move on. I know its similar if not worst places. I feel like it could be better eventually. I'm just not willing to wait that long. Good luck to current and future employees.
Pros
Incentives, Most employees were great
Cons
short staffed, low pay
Poor leadership and punitive environment
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZSeptember 19, 2017
Currently a new hire and already have experienced poor leadership. Unsure if I will last at this organization long term. This could be an excellent organization, but the culture is one of fear and intimidation. Top management is highly punitive with employees. Very sad to see it.
Pros
Pay is decent, Good benefits
Cons
Leadership, punitive
Horrible leadership
Director of Nursing (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZSeptember 5, 2017
Cut throat directors and team work work is discouraged. The CEO is a bully who micromanages every department and then blames the Director if his ideas fail. He uses the morning meeting to publicly shame the Directors.
Pros
Cons
Leadership is dysfunctional
Poor management
Behavioral Health Technician (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZAugust 16, 2017
The management at Quail Run is always changing and they take a very punitive approach with everything that happens. I like working with my coworkers but they get burnout or fired soon after being hired.
Pros
Its a job
Cons
Not a very happy place to work
Very Stressfull
RN (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZAugust 9, 2017
Very understaffed all upper management talks bad about others in different departments. I see that as not acceptable but HR doesn't seem to mind. Policies are ALWAYS changing and not fully explained. I would not recommend sending a loved one to this facility or even working at this facility. VERY TOXIC environment.
Expect Burn Out
Behavioral Health Technician (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJuly 24, 2017
Expect you to go above and beyond with low pay grade. Keep making new rules almost every week that make no sense.
Let patients get away with anything.
Toxic workplace
BHT (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJune 29, 2017
Understaffed, incompetent nurses/techs, Pt environment unsafe. I was not well trained and becuase the place was so understaffed, I was constantly called in to work extra hours.
Behaviroal health hospital, needs lots of work
Health Unit Clerk (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJune 29, 2017
Management needs a lot of work, they loose some of the best employees because they don't get it together. I have met some of the best nurses though, but they do not last very long due to the lack of communication between floors. New DON.......well I was taught as a child if I have nothing nice to say, don't say it at all. We will leave it at that.
Pros
lunch in cafeteria great, great pay, benefits
Understaffed and unsafe. High rate of employee turnover.
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMarch 14, 2017
I find that in hospital environments the rate of staff turnover is a tell tale sign of employee satisfaction. My experience here illustrated this-- some nurses and techs quit after just a few shifts. Poor support from management and in fact for the majority of my employment there were gaps in floor managers and charge nurses. At night I worked a shift once with 3 nurses and 3 techs to forty patients. In psychiatric care this is irresponsible. Period.
Pros
Nice coworkers, good BHTs, decent insurance
Cons
Short staff consistently, high patient to staff ratio. 1 RN and 1 tech to 12 patients. Banner is 1 to 8! Much safer.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Quail Run Behavioral Health. Our community is ready to answer.

2.5