Quail Run Behavioral Health Employee Reviews for Registered Nurse

2.3Job Security & Advancement
Featured review
Quail Run Behavioral Health selected this as a representative review
Plenty of Overtime and fast paced
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZNovember 24, 2018
Quail Run is a good place work because they give you autonomy and plenty of overtime is available. I think you can learn a lot here under pressure and working with a good team is a plus.
Pros
Overtime
Don't take a job with a sign-on bonus
Staff RN. (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZApril 14, 2018
There is a reason there is a sign on bonus and it's staffing. Unsafe staffing ratios and extremely poor management. No supervisor on night shift and no charge nurse either. You must punch out for a lunch even if you don't take a break.
Pros
Overtime if you want it
Cons
Unsafe staffing
Don't go there
RN Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZOctober 31, 2017
Very punitive, stressful environment where every effort you make is being taken for granted, but you can count on being punished for slightest mistake. Workload is very unreasonable and is being constantly increased. Short staffing is a norm. All that makes the employees short-tempered and administration skillfully uses that to put the employees against each other. Complaint culture is rampant. Very poisonous place, I wish I never went there. No bonus is worth it.
Pros
Good insurance, relatively new and clean
Cons
Everything else
Poor leadership and punitive environment
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZSeptember 19, 2017
Currently a new hire and already have experienced poor leadership. Unsure if I will last at this organization long term. This could be an excellent organization, but the culture is one of fear and intimidation. Top management is highly punitive with employees. Very sad to see it.
Pros
Pay is decent, Good benefits
Cons
Leadership, punitive
Very Stressfull
RN (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZAugust 9, 2017
Very understaffed all upper management talks bad about others in different departments. I see that as not acceptable but HR doesn't seem to mind. Policies are ALWAYS changing and not fully explained. I would not recommend sending a loved one to this facility or even working at this facility. VERY TOXIC environment.
Understaffed and unsafe. High rate of employee turnover.
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMarch 14, 2017
I find that in hospital environments the rate of staff turnover is a tell tale sign of employee satisfaction. My experience here illustrated this-- some nurses and techs quit after just a few shifts. Poor support from management and in fact for the majority of my employment there were gaps in floor managers and charge nurses. At night I worked a shift once with 3 nurses and 3 techs to forty patients. In psychiatric care this is irresponsible. Period.
Pros
Nice coworkers, good BHTs, decent insurance
Cons
Short staff consistently, high patient to staff ratio. 1 RN and 1 tech to 12 patients. Banner is 1 to 8! Much safer.
Horrible environment
RN Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZFebruary 7, 2017
Hardest part of the job is to stay safe during the shift. The patients run the facility. The BHT's are not educated enough and/or do not care about the safety of the units. General attitude is poor among all the staff, The house supervisors are over stressed and therefore unable to be effective.
Pros
pay is better than Banner, but benefits are expensive and not comprehensive
Cons
unsafe work environment, punitive COO and CEO