Quaker Chemical Corporation Employee Reviews

Not a Terrible place to work but need to pay employees better
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Batavia, NYApril 29, 2019
No room for advancement no pay scale there poor management the people that deserve more money never get it but the people that are lazy and stupid seem to make more money
Pros
Good work hours
Cons
Bad healthcare no advancement
Job
Lab Manager (Former Employee) –  Middletown, OHJanuary 15, 2019
Good job balance and security and management skills.Was home every night and worked with a good team of people overall.Learned a lot of precedures and met quality and good working safty proper ppe and well organized team.
Enjoyed my job
Internet/Intranet Specialist (Former Employee) –  Conshohocken, PAJanuary 12, 2018
I worked in the I.T. Department. I created training manuals and taught employees new software and software updates. I also wrote the company newsletter, which allowed me to get to know employees on a global level. I enjoyed the creativity as well as the ability to get to know many people.
Pros
It was close to home.
Cons
When I was injured, non work related, the H.R. Department made big mistakes which cost me a lot of money.
Great Company Employing Great People
Datacenter Engineer and CNC Administrator (Former Employee) –  Conshohocken, PAOctober 9, 2017
Quaker Chemical is a great place to work with good management in place. But even more so it has great employees that you can really tell enjoy working for the company.
corporate office with mostly warm environment
Primary Global Process Support Leader (Former Employee) –  Conshohocken, PAJune 29, 2017
Daily submissions sometimes rapid in succession required time management and going from task to task with no immediate supervision.Coordination of workflow departments required a sense of urgency usually. Authored SOPs, input formulations, covered switchboard when secondary was unavailable. Also as accounting clerk co-administrator I took responsibility to back up& maintain that database as well as my own to ensure integrity of the data.
Pros
family type work environment
Cons
environment changed drastically
Very good to their employees and great pay scale
OH - Laboratory Technician II (Current Employee) –  Dayton, OHJune 5, 2017
Quaker is a fantastic place to work, by far my best employer. My supervisor motivates me to become the best employee that I can be, and I am constantly being trained to run other departments of our facility.
this was a great job
FMS Technician (Former Employee) –  Crawfordsville, INApril 28, 2017
plenty of routine. management was great and easy to work with. building a home life outside work was way less than complicated. plenty of room to learn and build from.
A company with great potential
Confidential (Former Employee) –  VariousApril 5, 2017
Intelligently run but HR is not always fair & objective with business practices and decisions. Functional silos- need to vertically integrate diverse departments and not only teach core values but live them on a daily basis. A lot of great employees but the organization still seems segmented and disconnected as a whole. More attention towards engaging employees and less focus on mundane tasks.
Pros
Vanguard 401(k), holidays, flexible work schedule permitted on occassion
Cons
HR- Micro management, disengaged workforce not connected to strategy, Need to hire a more extroverted and diverse workforce to foster future growth.
Past Work Relations Site Eng. I
Sit Engineer (Former Employee) –  Kokomo, INJanuary 15, 2017
I worked for the company the amount years listed, then my last site manager said I was no longer qualified to work for them. Then I was put on a PIP which is a way to disqualfy you. HR wanted me to take another job at another location with less pay and work weekends. I was at retirement age .
Pros
Salary
Cons
No chance for advancement
Very Poor Management
Technician (Former Employee) –  Pittsburg, CAJanuary 13, 2017
Management has poor character. Always walking on egg shells. Never can do the job right. Very poor training, and depressed environment. Very poor administration.
Pros
Cons
No Breaks and lunches
Rapid Growth
Production Processing Administrator (Current Employee) –  Detroit, MIJuly 31, 2016
Company is growing through acquisitions and there tremendous opportunities for career advancement. Excellent employer to work for but there is high turnover in mid level manager due to strategic fit and increase workload from acquired companies.
Pros
comparable wage and benefit package
Cons
midsize organization specialized chemical application
Potential to be a great company but lacking in many areas
HRIS ANALYST II (Current Employee) –  Conshohocken, PAApril 16, 2015
Potential to be a great company but lacking in many areas, such as, work life balance, ability to work to potential, micro-management, unstable processes.
Pros
Availability to work from home
Cons
Micro-Management, Not much room for growth
Well educated, productive job
Chemical Technician II (Current Employee) –  Trenton, MIFebruary 13, 2015
Testing in metallurgy or part cleanliness. I learned a lot of different fields like, fluid analysis, metallurgy and part cleanliness. Management was very good, well respected and very good people to work with. Co-workers were okay, some were good, others were not so good. The hardest part of the job was too make sure the customer was satisfied. The most enjoyable part of the job was learning different fields of the job and furthering my knowledge about the field of engineering.
Excellent
Cost Accountant (Current Employee) –  Conshohocken, PAJanuary 15, 2015
It is a good place to work. The company provides an excellent benefit to the employees.
Customer oriented Company
Senior Chemist (Former Employee) –  Conshohocken, PAAugust 6, 2014
Learned to custom develop every product for specific use of a specific customer. Visited every customer to understand their needs and returned to lab to develop the product.. Involved lot of travel and interaction with customer.
Pros
Opportunity to learn various applications in various industries
Cons
Hardly any
Technology force me out of a great job
Communication Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIJune 23, 2014
I experienced a wonderful work environment. I was downsized from my first job out of college. Great group of people. I learned a lot about the process of finding a new career.
Pros
Great existing package!!
Cons
Technology replaced a great employee.
Great Global
Process Engineer & Territory Manager (Former Employee) –  Middletown, OHMay 1, 2014
Excellent company to work for. Traveled and worked daily with distributor throughout the Mid-west. 18 distributors 5 states, 43 sales rep.
Time management in traveling while controlling communication and holding down expenses.
Loved working with large accounts
Pros
meeting new people
Cons
Not really any that I can mention
Be the Best With the Best
Inventory Control Planner (Former Employee) –  Bingham Farms, MIOctober 22, 2012
Quaker Chemical is a great place to work because they become integrated with their customers to ensure the client's success. By offering multiple services to their clients, as an employee you feel empowered that your ideas will be implemented as they are constantly searching for ways to stay innovative, a leader and a responsible corporate citizen. Although it's a worldwide company, Quaker Chemical has a local feel.
Pros
web-based programs so you don't have to stay anchored to your work desk, interaction with the customers and suppliers to get down to the needs of the operation, lots of training & communication to ensure you are aware how you play a part in the company, free lunches, awesome management, awesome co-workers
Cons
may feel disconnected from the company in remote locations, contract may end
High potential no growth company
Employee (Former Employee) –  Bingham farmsJuly 4, 2012
Work content is rewarding, but the management takes the joy out of all accomplishments. Company is going south due to lack of leadership.
Pros
great challenges, interesting work
Cons
horribly out of touch management, policies reflect the we got ours environment