Quaker Chemical Employee Reviews

Good company to work for but poor management at FCA, ITP1.
Chemical Technician (Former Employee) –  Kokomo, INNovember 9, 2018
Lots of good company benefits, however, there is a lack of leadership as far as management is concerned. Hostile work environment due to lazy "pill head" on day shift.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
High seniority on day shift does not perform work and leaves it for others, He also tries to intimidate other employees;
Productive an a good job.
Customer Service Rep./Sales (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCJune 18, 2018
Would help answer phones and with sales.I learned how to help customers better to suit there needs. I also would multi-task in my office setting. It was a low stress workplace which was a plus!
Great Customer service company
Process Consultant (Current Employee) –  Gardnerville, NVMay 26, 2017
Quaker Chemical makes excellent quality products for the can industry I worked for for 37 years. After I retired I was asked to be a consultant for them in the west, and I gladly agreed to help them at anytime.
Pros
Great retirement job
Friendly, supportive coworkers
CHEMICAL SERVICES TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  Conshohocken, PAOctober 16, 2016
Quaker treated me well and were very accepting of my school schedule. My only complaint within the company is that education seems to mean more than experience when trying to move up within the company.
Manifesto says it all !!
Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Kokomo, INFebruary 19, 2016
Daily activities include managing inventory movement, procurement of material, disbursing of material, interpreting lab analysis/recommendations, interacting in customer meetings, interfacing with suppliers, identifying manufacturing process issues, building relationships with all levels of the customer and resolving quality problems.
I have learned how to bring different personalities together to become and effective and efficient team. improved coaching skillset. Identified personal strengths and weaknesses and working to improve the weaknesses.
Have shown co-workers that it is alright to have fun at work. Stressed the importance of Safety. Treated each team member with respect and dignity while continuing to teach and develop them.
The hardest part of the job is dealing with an individual that is not pleased with performance or outcome of a situation.
The most enjoyable part of the job is when the team exceeds expectations of the customer. Equally satisfying is seeing a team member "growing" and "blossoming" in a tense situation.
Pros
Stands behind core values
Cons
Weak in succession planning.
Productive workplace
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Bingham Farms, MIOctober 31, 2015
Daily order placement and reporting. A very productive working environment. Daily meetings with management and site contacts to discuss orders and process billing. The distance to work became an issue since both my husband and myself were commuting an hour to work and our children were very young. When I hired on with the company transit was only half an hour from our home, after a year the company relocated and my commute became an hour transit to work.
Pros
Meeting wonderful contacts from the home office.
Cons
Distance was almost an hour from home and my children were very young.
Great Company With Great Employes
Engineer (Current Employee) –  Hagerstown, MDSeptember 25, 2015
I have nothing but good things to say about this employer they are very good people to work for from top too bottom. I have been most impressed by the training and job knowledge that they provide. I highly recommend this established company to any person looking for an exciting plus prosperous career. I also strongly recommend businesses with chemical management needs to look into the many rewarding offerings that Quaker Chemical Management brings to their customers.
Pros
Training, Management, Job Knowledge, Integrity
Cons
Blank
Very good people to work for
Sr. Inventory manager (Former Employee) –  Detroit MIDecember 6, 2014
Helping others was a typical day. My supervisor was great and the people I worked with were super people.
Management tends to Micro Manage
Site Engineer (Current Employee) –  Marion, INMay 14, 2014
The manager at the site tends to Micro manage, decreasing productivity.
Sent You To There HeadQuarters For Training
Site Engineer (Former Employee) –  Kokomo, INSeptember 30, 2013
I arrived around 6:30 am and did a physical inventory of bulk oil items at tank farm, read hydraulic oil meters in department and put them into a excel report. I learned about how a Chemical Management Company works with customers and what they do. I got alone well with my co-workers. Being on the floor almost all day.
Working with the customer to correct problems or issues.
Pros
Once a year they furnished 5 free work shirts to wear
Cons
Healthcare
great company to work for
from Mail room to Accounting (Former Employee) –  Conshohocken PAJanuary 8, 2012
Quaker Chemical was a fantastic Company. I loved my job. Due to company wide downsizing I was laid off. I learned to do so many different jobs at Quaker Chemical.
Pros
great people