Qualcomm Employee Reviews

Found 967 reviews matching the search See all 1,162 reviews
Productive and fun workplace
Support Engineer, QCT Yield Management Team (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAOctober 11, 2018
It was my first engineering experience so I have nothing bad to say. It was a great company to start a career with and get a foot in the door. I learned a lot and enjoyed my time there.
Pros
Got to come in late since traffic was terrible leaving around 6
Cons
Healthcare, benefits, holidays, only paid when I worked
Productive workplace
Reliability Engineer (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAOctober 10, 2018
People that work here are genuinely helpful and friendly
Management are really supportive
People are promoted internally
Really suits people who like a fast pace/ entrepreneurial
Free Lunches that are healthy and high quality,
Fair wages and flexi time available
Promote charity fund raising and volunteering in the local community
The Awards evening is amazing
The CEO can make a good frothy …
Love myself at work
Principle Engineer/Manager (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAOctober 9, 2018
Typical day starts in lab where we scrum every day's activity and set goals to achieve with team members. Setup sessions to learn techincal agenda.
Hardest part of the day is when i need to give someone tough message if he is not deliverying to his potential.
Most enjoyable part of the day is to see how much team can do together as one.
Technology company with some of the best talent in the industry in the field of telecommunications
Senior Staff Engineer/Manager - Modem System Test (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAOctober 8, 2018
I've grown and learnt a lot technically working at Qualcomm. The hands on experience I've gained here is very valuable. It also offers a good health plan for employees. Team events and team outings are enjoyable.
Best company I've ever worked, but this position is not quite matching my previous experience
Engineering Technician (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAOctober 8, 2018
Supporting QUALCOMM Android powered emulators within US continent as well as overseas on Repair, Build, Maintaining and upgrading on both hardware and software.
Was very good
System Integration and Testing Intern (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAOctober 6, 2018
It was very good. I learnt a lot. it was a great company to work in. Everyone was very helpful. I strongly recommend Qualcomm to everyone who is looking for job in the field of Wireless.
Well payed
Engineer (Current Employee) –  USOctober 4, 2018
great compensation, and benefit, management is good but lack of advancement for me. My team is great as well, lean management. typical day is 7 hours. I did not learn much more than I came in in the past year. some managements are great, workplace culture is nice, hardest part of job is commute. I can read when no busy.
Productive and innovative environment
Product Marketing Intern (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAOctober 3, 2018
I enjoyed my time at Qualcomm as a product marketing intern. It was a very open environment where ideas are free flowing and people are encouraged to share.
Regular corporate workplace
Technical Writer (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAOctober 3, 2018
Not a bad place to receive a paycheck from. Free sodas / La Croix in refrigerators.

Quiet atmosphere, good working conditions. Nice offices, facilities.
fun
IT Engineer, Staff (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAOctober 2, 2018
work has always been fun. there is more to life work balance than just work. i have enjoyed working here. work with some of the smartest people around

Want to know more about Qualcomm?

Ask a question
good company to work
Director Engineering (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAOctober 1, 2018
execution is a hard part since talented young engineers are leaving.
mid-level management is getting more challenged.
however, in general, still good company to work since mobile tech is a leading factor
Working at qualcomm.
Buyer/Planner (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAOctober 1, 2018
Very little work/life balance. Worked extensive hours late into the night and on weekends. Expected to work through vacation days. Management was old fashioned and did not believe in working offsite and supported outmoded technology.
Pros
compensation
Cons
little work life balance
Great technology company, retrenching now with product focus.
Senior Director, Finance (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAOctober 1, 2018
Qualcomm was a great ride through the glory years as a technology innovator. It still has good prospects as a product company however the vibe has changed. Looking forward to seeing how QC prospers post-Apple settlement.
Productive and fun workplace!
Data Analyst (Former Employee) –  caiforniaOctober 1, 2018
Love it!! Great place to obtain vast knowledge of several technology sectors. Cutting edge tech, Opportunity to learn more, Good work life balance and Good Benefits.
Constantly in learning mode, can be challenging sometime
IT Engineer, Senior (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CASeptember 26, 2018
A great place to work with free gym and soda. Can be challenging sometime, as you are always in learning mode. There is at least 1 meeting each day. Everything is fast pace.
Pros
Free soda. No out of pocket for healthcare insurance
Life changing experience
Business Continuity Specialist Associate (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CASeptember 25, 2018
My time at Qualcomm gave me direction on field of employment. My days were filled with learning something new or applying what I had learned the previous day. Management needed greater awareness of the challenges faced by veterans entering the workforce. The company culture was laid back. A nice change of pace from the military. The hardest part of the job was not being allowed to work overtime. The most enjoyable part of my experience was having a job to put food on the table and build my confidence that I could make it in the civilian workforce. Thank You QUALCOMM!!!
Pros
great company
Cons
It was a nice place to work but stressful
Contracts Specialist / Paralegal (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CASeptember 25, 2018
I have enjoyed working at Qualcomm. It is very stressful and I started at the beginning as a start-up company but over the years it has become like many other companies, unfortunately, you are just a number and way too many politics going on.
Pros
Fairly good benefits
Cons
Stressful
Good Culture
Internal Audit & Advisory Services Intern (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CASeptember 22, 2018
Great culture at the company. It was a great time working with all of the different people at the company. Free healthcare and centers onsite for everyone to use.
5+ Years as IT Software Engineer
IT Staff Engineer (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CASeptember 21, 2018
The crown jewel of San Diego has gotten a little tarnished during my half-tenure. 10 years ago it would have been a great place to build a career. Now ( at least if you are in IT ) I would avoid it. You will be stuck working on legacy applications that no one knows how they work. There will be a layoff every 6 months. Sorry Qualcomm, I guess I had higher expectations....
Pros
Free soda, great benefits, above-average salary
Cons
Layoffs, lots of Legacy stuff that was probably cool to work on back in Qualcomms heyday.
Daily architect to provide new solutions
SharePoint, O365, and Azure Architect (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CASeptember 20, 2018
Daily architect to provide new solutions including SharePoint on-premises, SharePoint online, and Azure.
Review requirement, design solutions, test solution, demo to share holder, code review, deployment procedure review, prepare deployment, documentation, deploy to DEV/STAGE/PRD, lesson learned and provide Q&A support.
Pros
Always provide learning opportunity and challenge
Cons
Priority constantly change

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Qualcomm. Our community is ready to answer.

Diversity score

58out of 100

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Qualcomm.

Powered by Comparably