Qualcomm Employee Reviews

Found 898 reviews matching the search See all 1,083 reviews
Isolating work
Linux Driver Consultant (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJuly 20, 2018
I worked for a manager who had been with Qualcomm since the early to mid nineties...so needless to say , he didn't really need to be working anymore. Hence, he took very laisez faire approach to management and we only had one meeting per week. This sounds good, but it became a little depressing as it felt like I was working in a silo.
Pros
Freedom, good pay, nice campus
Cons
Isolating and you don't feel valued
great place to work
Engineer, Senior Staff / RF Software Project Lead (Current Employee) –  Bridgewater, NJJuly 19, 2018
Excellent salary + benefits
Flexible work hours
Great teamwork.
Company is investing in new state of the art cutting edge products, hence it is interesting to work on new projects.
Great work place, with lots of support thru-out the company networking.
Senior IT Engineer (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJuly 19, 2018
Great place to work with lots of room for growth, I really enjoyed my time there, and participated and led in many Company Milestones and achievements. You are given all the tools and support to always stay at state-of-the-art levels.
Demanding at times
Legal Support Assistant (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJuly 18, 2018
As a legal support assistant, I was responsible for a multitude of tasks. I worked actively in a very high paced, demanding environment. I was assigned to a team that typically consisted of at least six attorney and three paralegals, however my duties often extended beyond the team. I provided direct supported to my team with reviewing, processing, and handling various documents for filing with the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office and other government agencies. I also worked actively with both domestic and foreign outside counsels, often transmitting applications and other legal materials. I worked actively with various vendors, such as outside counsel. The workplace culture has definitely changed over the years but management has tried to make it a fun place to work. even thou it does get complacent at times.
fun
Charger Games (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAJuly 16, 2018
nice friendly large venue. Very bust and able to maximize profits during seasonal games. Staff is courteous and helpful and promote positivity throught the workforce daily.
Pros
tips
Cons
short breaks
Too much work
Manager, Patent Legal Administration (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJuly 16, 2018
Very little work/life balance, and no career growth. Management was very male dominated and did not allow for remotely working. The compensation package was what kept me at the company for so long.
Pros
Salary and Benefits
Cons
Great company to work for
Clerk II (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CA 92121July 13, 2018
great company to work for, lots of perks for their employees. management are there to help you and work with you if needed.The work is not hard at all.you have some down time. I would say the only bad thing is the pay,
Pros
Cons
Hourly pay was low
Fun Company to Work With
Associate Buyer (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAJuly 13, 2018
I love this company as a whole because they provide the support we need to succeed.
The hardest part of the job is when changes come and some of those changes impact the employees.
The most enjoyable part of the job is to walk around all the buildings and chat with friendly people.
Its a fun place to work
Modem system test engineer (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJuly 12, 2018
Its fun as the benefits are great compared to other companies.
Management can be bit better but all the giant tech companies whose management is lead by Indian population is the same so its the same as Intel or apple.
Pros
Free Dinner if you work more than 10 hr a day.
Cons
You have to work extra hours most of the time to be in lime light.
15 years of experience in PCB Design for Qualcomm Inc.
PCB Designer (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJuly 12, 2018
Qualcomm is an international workplace. The most enjoyable part of my job was scheduled very flexible and allowed employee to work from home. As a PCB Designer, it was very challenged to handled multi complicated boards.
Good place to start your career
System Performance Engineer (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJuly 10, 2018
If you are a fresher its a good place to start your career as you can learn a lot from the people around you. Pay is above average and benefits are good.
Good company to work for
Senior Software Engineer (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAJuly 9, 2018
Compnay has very great benefits but over the years it has been getting impacted due to current instability. if you in San diego its one of the best company to work for.
Best work culture
Sr. Support Engineer (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAJuly 6, 2018
I've worked 12 years at Qualcomm and it's the best place I've ever worked at. They do promote from within and always try to help each other out even across different business departments.

I can't say enough good things about Qualcomm but I think they're a big company now driven by shareholders which doesn't always line up with employee wishes.
Pros
Great compensation and benefits. challenging work environemtn
Good company with new technology
Software Developer (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJuly 5, 2018
5G technology, 7nm chipset.
Global location
Smart employee
nice coworkers
very busy schedule
lab facility is great, new tools and instruments.
nice food.
Pros
new tools and technology
Cons
not stable for contract job
good work/life balance
Staff Engineer (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCJuly 3, 2018
good place to work. a lot of intelligent and brigh people work here. work/life balance is the really good. collaboration with different groups/sites is important
Dymanic team collaboration
QlikView Developer (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJuly 2, 2018
good place to work, Dymanic team collaboration, Good compensation and benefits, very well defined management, job work life balanced. Strong Security and
Great Place to work.
Admin Service Clerk III & Receptionist II (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAJuly 2, 2018
Qualcomm Inc is a great place to work. good benefits. great co-workers competitive pay. Would recommend working for Qualcomm.
after 11yrs working for QC they outsourced the department I was in but would go back if a postition opened up.
Quiet work environment with supportive coworkers and management
Consultant-SQL Systems Engineer, ESI (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJune 29, 2018
Enjoyed my time their, management was supportive in procuring needed tools and allowing investigation of new technologies, coworkers were helpful and non-territorial. Other divisions were willing to invest time in new initiatives if there was reasonable expectation of gains
Great knowledgeable people to work with.
PWB Designer, Staff (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCJune 26, 2018
Work day involved attending status meetings with department group. Giving updates on progress of project with additional subject matter of concerns with input from Electrical and Mechanical requirements to achieve goals for a finished functional board design. Working with co-PCB Designers to establish task for the day on project.

Communication is one of the most important parts of a multi-person department in order to achieve a final goal. Consistently make sure that you work together with all members of a department and that everybody knows what is expected of them and from them to achieve the department goals.

Keeping management up to date on status and having possible solutions to any issues that come up. Meeting schedules and milestones in the schedule.

Working hard and keeping stress levels under control. Making sure that environment is up beat and positive.

Making sure that everybody involved in the project meets their input goals for a proper flow of the project, Most input has to happen in a proper order to keep a project on schedule.

The final project/product comes together the way that it was envisioned per the functionality of the product and the schedule is met.
Pros
Good group of people to work with.
Cons
Crazy hours of work to make up for changes to project.
Great
Contractor - Accountant - Treasury (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJune 25, 2018
Great very interesting good location and ability to learn. Close to advancement in many areas. Including project management and finance over the years.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Qualcomm. Our community is ready to answer.

Women's ratings

3.2Fairygodboss Score

29%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

41%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss