Qualcomm Employee Reviews

a good place if you are near your retirement
Staff Engineer (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAApril 24, 2018
A bad place if you work hard expecting close-to-fair treatment.

This is a place of an old brother club.

if you like talking, chatting, playing, and good politics, this is an excellent place for you to stay.
Pros
relaxed, freedom to
Cons
you are just a number from top management
Fair salary, good benefits. Dynamic workplace. Poor management.
Staff Software Engineer (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAApril 23, 2018
It's a stressful environment due to a weak program management. Projects were not scheduled accurately. Missing team goals/objectives. There are more managers/leads than developers.
Pros
Good benefits, fair salary.
Cons
Management, team work.
Corporate America
IT Engineer, Sr (Former Employee) –  Boulder, COApril 23, 2018
It's a great place to work, with great managers and co workers. Innovation and new ideas are encouraged. Executives and Company are bound to ongoing litigation and the demands of investors.
Pros
Innovative and fun. Great managers and coworkers
Cons
Company bound to the wishes of investors
One of the best places to work until recent years
Software Applications Engineer, Staff (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAApril 21, 2018
I really enjoyed my 8 years at Qualcomm and would have liked to remain there many more. Until a recent shift in management it was a top notch place to be with amazing benefits and more. The new management is all about how much money they can generate for shareholders and no longer have their focus on their employees. I was lucky enough to work with an amazing team of people and has so far been my favorite place of employment I have ever had in my life and regret that they felt the need to cut 25% of our department after having done the same thing a few years ago. Many wonderful employees lost their jobs and it will hurt the company in the long run.
Pros
Free soda's and snacks, healthcare, relaxed environment
Cons
New management has shifted focus away from employees
Good place to work. Employer very understanding and supportive.
SENIOR TEST TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAApril 20, 2018
Worked as electronics technician and test technician checking and/or repairing phones when problems occurred during assembly. Verified and relaying patterns in failures to advise with changes.
Pros
Constantly busy. Was able to see result of work and had good sense of accomplishment.
Cons
Frustration with patterns of failures on the line.
Great company to work for
Staff Software Engineer (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAApril 20, 2018
If you in san diego this is one of the best company you can opt for.great benifits like 401k matching and good insurance coverage dental vision and health .
Excellent learning environment
IT Engineer (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAApril 19, 2018
The IT Operations department was one of the better managed groups. The broad diversity of vendors and equipment that would been needed made for a rich environment to learn new models of server and storage equipment. The data centers were a prime example.
Great place to work and is very fast paced.
Executive Assistant (Current Employee) –  Bridgewater, NJApril 19, 2018
Very fast paced office with many diverse cultures. Work was difficult at times due to the many time zones we had to work with. I learned to work with others. Setting up meetings and travel plans was a big part of my job.
Good place to work and learn new 5G product development
Senior PCB designer Staff (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CAApril 19, 2018
Qualcomm is good place work. Good place to learn about new 5G product development Qualcomm has a lot of sport activity for example Basketball team , runner club etc..
Work at Qcom
Engineering Ops Manager Staff (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAApril 19, 2018
it's a sweat shop, all Indian engineers, poor management.
I don't recommend anyone to work at Qcom. If you're not an Indian, you're not belong to this company. They will not hire anyone else except indian.
Technical communication/support specialist (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAApril 18, 2018
Good direct management. Minimal interaction with executives. cannot rate them. Good team. Challenging work. Good diversity. Skilled employees. Helpful.
Challenging and rewarding
Manager/Supervisor (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAApril 18, 2018
Working at Qualcomm is challenging and rewarding. The most enjoyable parts of the job are the smart and wonderful people I work with. The hardest part of the job is the relative uncertainty associated with the business. Law suits, regulatory challenges, and so on that lead to cost cutting and layoffs.
Pros
People
Cons
Uncertainty
Productive workplace
Director, Product Management (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAApril 17, 2018
Strong management & peer group with agile culture - can-do attitude to overcome immense challenges

Hardest part is achieving internal alignment on strategies and decisions w.r..t products, roadmaps etc

Enjoyable part is communicating value to customers, developing lasting relationships, improving skill sets every day
Pros
Gyms, free vision/dental plans
Cons
Healthcare
Decent Work-Life balance
Program Manager (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAApril 17, 2018
According to old-timers, company used to be great, but the culture & morale have been deteriorating consistently for a few years. Benefits are merely mediocre.
Pros
Gym, endless coffee & beverages, nice conference facilities
Cons
Middle management layer is too decentralized, causing inefficiency & unnecessary churn
Great place to work. Awesome friends and colleagues
STAFF ENGINEER (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAApril 16, 2018
I love working at Qualcomm! It is a fast paced, demanding place to work, but as long as you perform they let you do it how you want. I have the freedom to work my schedule in such a way that I get to coach my kids sports teams, and surf on a semi regular basis. Qualcomm expects a lot out of me, but still lets me be me
Learning ground for young talent
IT Engineer, Sr. Staff (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAApril 12, 2018
Start off young and you will learn alot, long as you are with the same team and management. Also, find the right circle to make yourself successful. Take advantage of all the learning opportunities
Pros
Great benefts, work life, professional networking is great.
A very interesting department to work in
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAApril 12, 2018
It was very interesting to work for one of Qualcomm's developing interests. Learned new computer systems, management was fair, the culture was very positive
Great atmosphere and working environment.
Field Services Technician III (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAApril 11, 2018
Excellent Company and co-workers are very helpful to get you up and going for maximum performance. They get you up and going immediately and their are so many Resources available to you to achieve success.
Uncertainty
Staff Financial Analyst, Economic Modeling (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAApril 11, 2018
Great place to work, great projects and very competent colleagues but consolidation in the industry leads to high uncertainty. Top management inadequate for a company of this size and complexity
inspiring and motivating company culture but poor compensation for expected output
Mechanical Engineer I (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAApril 10, 2018
interesting meetings with very inspiring content and people.
Although mechanically everything was static, the assemblies were fun due to their complexity.
Management was very fair and encouraging
Often very demanding in terms of hours necessary to deliver on-time, with no additional compensation.
Pros
Free soda, coffee, tea; some free snacks

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Qualcomm. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
2.6

2.8Personal Development

1.9Career Opportunities

3.0Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight