Qualcomm

Qualcomm Employee Reviews

United States1,287 reviews

Found 1,287 reviews matching the searchSee all 1,600 reviews

Productive and Fun workplace

Great work environment. Manager was always willing to help and give encouragement whenever either me or other coworkers needed it. Workplace was very relaxed, but everyone got their work done.

What is it like at Qualcomm

its a place that will give you as much as you can handle and then some. Very cutting edge approach to business. It can be a very politically charged atmosphere. Your rewarded for furthering your education with respect to your job. They allow you to be flexible with your hours for the most part. Benefits are top notch. I learned a bunch about all kinds of things.

Pros

Stable job, advancement

Cons

You may loose your job that they said you wouldn't, and they may take away all the stock options they gave you

Qualcomm insights

What people like
  • Feeling of personal appreciation
  • Clear sense of purpose
  • Ability to learn new things

Great place for innovative minds in wireless domain

I personally have a great work life balance, and receive a good compensation as compared to my peers at other top tech companies. Qualcomm is also very flexible. I changed my job and department after working one year for my previous department. We also got around 30% salary increase after this internal transition. (although I had to apply again, and pass multiple interviews for my new position)

Pros

job flexibility, innovation

Cons

frequent deadlines in engineering teams

Awful place to an experienced engineer to move to.

*Typical working day is same old not engineering activities of presentations* learnt very little over the years working here, well technically anyway.* Very biased, toxic work culture. Divide and conquer.*Management are self fulfilling puppets whom classic phase was " If you don't like it leave", so people did.*Hardest part of the job is the politics and teaching management the basics laws of electronics.* Most enjoyable part of the job now, that Friday at 5.30 pm

I was hired to support back to onsite requests. Majorly of the time I was doing delivering hardware's and imaging new laptops. Work place culture was great, everybody was very helpful.

Good

Pros:Good technology the company is working on. Getting into many areas of the Semiconductor TechnologyCons:Need to invest lot of time as it might be proprietary

Great place to qwork

I enjoyed very much working there. great work/life balance. flexible hours. heavy workload some times. mgmt are good and supportive.some times slow for decision making

Pros

Free lunch

Cons

short breaks

Great job with horrible pay

My daily work was easy and my manager and team were probably the best I've ever had. But the pay was horrible considering the work I was doing and the kind of required skills/knowledge needed. Do not recommend if you're going to be a temp or a contractor.

Pros

Good food, good manager, interesting work

Cons

Pay, lack of benefits.

Willing to teach and learn, but feel undervalued

The managers are constantly willing to teach new skills and techniques that I expect to use in the field later. They are patient and I get the opportunity to work on many different projects and tools.

Pros

Flexible work schedule, constantly learning

Cons

Underpaid

Great opportunity to learn and work on the cutting edge

A very innovative company, especially for how large of an organization. Sometimes the organization struggles with service related business. Would also benefit from more all hands meetings.

Bad virtual on boarding

Good place to work on wireless tech. Some people might enjoy flex time off but it is just not my of cup of tea. Feels like it is never a right time to take off. Cons-Micromanagement

Great benefits, clear mission from CEO. Energizing, and exciting industry.

This has been a great company for learning across multiple disciplines. The company is supportive of rotations. Many don't want to leave, the benefits, pay and stock have been really good to them. This makes advancement difficult.

Excellent

Great company to work for. But the problem with contracting jobs that you are not supported for H1-B and green card. But if you get a full time opportunity seize it it is a great company to work for.

Productive workplace

Great place to work. It's a fun place. Great benefits. I like San Diego. The work life balance is great. You don't working long hours. The pay is nice.

Good benefits. Management is extremely inept. politically difficult to move up regardless of skillsets/contributions. Lackluster and lazy culture.

It has good benefits and fair pay, compared to many other places. The management (especially in QRC) is extremely inept. There is a lot of politics played on all levels and it is very difficult to move up and get promoted in the company, regardless of your skillsets or contributions. Some people without the right credentials are senior directors or vps, and are afraid of new people getting promoted. Most "veteran" so called directors or vps have been with the company since the beginning and do absolutely nothing, except hindering advancement of lower level people.Also all the management/staff are quite laid back compared to other places like skyworks or apple and don't feel like working. project delays in order of one year are common place here. The direction is totally unclear and gets lost in feud wars and territorials between groups. A lot of stuff being done have no technical/financial justification. Everybody with access hides whatever they can, and you won't get the right information for doing your job. I don't feel a seasoned engineer would learn anything in this company, the only up side (and mostly in mid-levels) is the fairly good income compared to few others places in socal.I wouldn't recommend this place for any one who wants to have a challenge in work, be effective and move up in company. This advice is more related to QRC (QUALCOMM research center) but I hear similar things about other groups (even worse sometimes).

Pros

Fair Salary and medical benefits Good work life balance

Cons

Terrible management, Lazy procrastinating culture, lack of direction and, purpose, a lot of politics and games played, hindering progress, Culture of secrecy and hiding everything, Formalities are the essence not what has been done objectively

Fun environment

Very fun enviornment. Easy to grow in your specialty area. I like that they support you with goals and future studies. Overall a very good company and incentives.

Pros

good enviornement

Cons

Awesome at first, but lowered to ok place

Worked Qcom for quite some time, found the company great and projects challenging, but definitely near the end (last 5 years), was just another company. Beginning was all the great benefits, perks, and work culture one would enjoy at a topnotch company, but the corporate lawsuits, layoffs, etc really changed the company culture, hammered it into 'just another job'. Example? Company Christmas events went from huge, extravagant parties at Marriott's live music, catered food, gift giveaways, to (no joke) potluck sign ups, you tube xmas videos, but at least management brought the ham.

Pros

Worked on tons of brand new technologies

Cons

Work culture transformed into typical corporate blah

Work with very smart engineers.

Overall, it was a good experience. I worked as much as I wanted. Some of the most intelligent people I've worked with. I was a contractor and was hoping to be brought on as an employee.

Pros

Great cafeteria.

Cons

It could get stressful at times.

Done with it

Good working in the company. Its pretty slow though I don't like that kind of culture. For someone to actually be successful this is a very bad company.

Pros

Good one, for a while maybe

Good Company

Good company, benefits and fair pay. You will work with a lot of amazing people and have opportunities to move around/advance. Very collaborative environment.

Pros

benefits, people, pay

Cons

work life balance can be challenging

Great company culture and working conditions

Qualcomm offers many opportunities to learn and my coworkers have always been understanding and helpful. Truly a great team environment. But unfortunately the pay for contract employees is not that great and I had to pursue another opportunity.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Qualcomm. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

4.0 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Ratings from women

2.6
InHerSight Score
2.8Personal Development
2.1Career Opportunities
2.8Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight
Powered byInHerSight

Compare Qualcomm with

• Qualcomm
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?