Quality Associates Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Highly stressful due to poor management and substandard equipment.
Senior Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Shippensburg, PAJanuary 16, 2018
Hired as a Maintenance Tech, Set up entire conveyor system and printing stations and other related components to a Production Warehouse.
Once the Temporary Trainees were familiar with the Maintenance, my then incompetent Supervisor became challenged by my skill-set and set me up with false accusations. A "mock" investigation was set in motion and I was asked to leave. No witness was forthcoming to the alleged threat. Never the less I gave notice immediately. Denied unemplyment based on unproven allegation, totally unfair and should have been properly investigated. I made numerous phone calls to try and get a straight answer from someone anyone, to no avail. These calls were used against me as well during the UC Hearing.
Otherwise the job was excellent, a real challenge to get familiar with the PLC'S and other Computer driven components.
Pros
Great Benifits!
Cons
Poor Managment.
Management was terrible
Inventory Analyst / Purchasing Agent (Former Employee) –  Shippensburg, PANovember 30, 2017
Typical day was running to do inventory in a short amount of time, no support.
Management had to have it done their way or no way at all.
Nothing enjoyable about this job at all.
Pros
Worked with some reall nice employees.
Cons
Worst place ever to work for.
Great Place to work
Maintenance Manager (Former Employee) –  Summit, NCNovember 28, 2017
Enjoyed managing Maintenance Department. I learned how to manage day to day problems with equipment and any employee problems. Enjoyed the fast pace production.
Pros
Good friendly People
Cons
contract packageing
very fast pace environment but also friendly
Packer (Former Employee) –  Summit, NCOctober 26, 2017
a typical day would start off with a meeting with the supervisors and co workers about the tasks at hand and the demands that need to be met..what i learned at quality associates was to multitask and keep a fast pace..the management was very engaging and friendly..the hardest part of the job was trying to get back on track of we got behind on a certain product.the most enjoyable part of the job was my co workers,they were very friendly and helpful
Young environment unorganized
Forklift operator (Former Employee) –  Union City, GAJuly 10, 2017
The time that I put in at this location was tolerable management sucks due to favoritism. Human resources on the other hand will give you extra hours for no reason and will push you into overtime.
Fun place to work, good benefits
Picker/Palletizer (Former Employee) –  Belcamp, MDJune 15, 2017
I loved being staffed through Quality Associates.The benefits were excellent I love having my paid days off ..I really didn't like that they never offered pay raises but it was a good team and we all worked hard
unsteady work envierment poor staffing no room for advancment
Team Leader/Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Iowa City, IAJune 10, 2017
poor staffing that lead to bad production. poor training and safety. poor on site management and QA members. friendly temp workers and janitors most don't speak English but very good people.
productive work enviroment
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Iowa City, IAMay 3, 2017
I was in charged of 30 people or less every day, I made sure everybody had the work orders, and the people that each line leader needed. Make sure every person knew what to do and help if they had any questions. I was responsible to get the work done, and make quick decisions if needed.
Boring job
Medical Data Entry Associate (Former Employee) –  Fulton, MDApril 17, 2017
Didnt work here long, I started as a temp but the job was boring and all computer/desk work. The environment was very stuffy and didnt like the management
Typical Production Day
Production Manager (Current Employee) –  Union City, GAMarch 12, 2017
In a typical production day I was able to experience and lend to actual team building. I learned a lot about team building and mainataining a positive and safe work place.
the culture of the business was a bit too relaxed for me . There was no sense of urgency or accountability. The hardest part of the job was the lack of support i recieved as a manager from the company when it came to carrying out my duties. what i enjoyed most was the ability to help fellow associates the learn and grow while carrying out our goals.
Pros
good possibilty to develop and maintain healthy work habits
Cons
the lack of company support on a managment level
helping kids with homework and packing products to stores
Packer (Former Employee) –  Reidsville, NCJanuary 30, 2017
The work was very easy never hard. I'm a people person so I like to make people laugh to make the time go by faster. There was nothing hard about these job. Well I got train to put boxes on a plait in a different way then usual. Then wrap it with clear wrap .
Pros
being around different people
Cons
Not enough money
Great short term opportunity for anyone who wants to work between previous job and applying for the next one.
Scanner/ Data Entry (Former Employee) –  Fulton, MDJanuary 18, 2017
Overall, Quality Associates is a great environment where everyone works together on the same project by using their personal computer skills to complete job. This was a short term assignment for me and I enjoyed the experience. Management was supportive by ensuring that everyone was performing their task via answered concerns that properly addressed. Co-workers were friendly and
Pros
Flexiblity, friendly atmosphere, skilled management.
Cons
Lack of new jobs for new position.
Very stressful and demanding client location
Production Manager/Site Manager (Former Employee) –  Belcamp, MDNovember 1, 2016
Took over the contract from Manpower
Same location and client

Oversaw the on-site staffing management system at client location. Roughly responsible for 150 temporary associates(warehouse).
Pay scale was set at a very low rate for the demands of the job(high associate turnover).
Unpredictable work hours(no set schedule).
Client was extremely harsh on associates.
Lack of corporate support(lack of corporate management insight).
Productive environment
Quality Inspector (Former Employee) –  Reidsville, NCOctober 1, 2016
Very fast past production lines with the opportunity to go above and beyond to make money. Typical day included overseeing production orders complete and to make sure every employee works safe
Corporate Engineer (Former Employee) –  Browns Summit, NCJuly 19, 2016
A typical day was always filled with new challenges and was never boring. The leadership was always good to work with and everyone got along fine.
QA was a great employer for innovative thinkers and fast learners.
Industrial Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  6104-B Corporate Park Dr. Browns Summit, NCMay 5, 2016
As a former industrial maintenance technician, Quality Associates has provided me with three years of great experience and opened the door for me to further my career path, goals, and aspirations. QA is challenging for some but through hard word and strong dedication skills I was able to flourish with minimal downtime related to malfunction of machinery and equipment. I would love to continue to be an employer for QA but the company has closed down due to lack of business.
Pros
Freedom as long as production runs great, i used my freedom to be innovative.
Cons
QA did not show appreciation to their dedicated hard working employers.
Not Bad
Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Shippensburg, PAApril 27, 2016
it wasn't an awful place to work at. the only bad thing was some individuals of the management team, and the hours. i have learned a lot form working here.
Productive caring job
Line Inspector (Former Employee) –  Browns Summit, NCApril 7, 2016
Loved the co workers. Manager was always there when needed to take to or get advise from. Never turned her back and always stayed to figure out any solution or problem.
Great company to work for
Warehouse Manager (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHFebruary 23, 2016
Quality Associates was the type of company which allowed people to grow internally at a rapid rate. While the pay and the benefits were not all that great, the opportunities were abundant. I have a great deal of respect for everyone who I had the pleasure of working with in the seven total years I was with Quality Associates.

Unfortunately, in early 2016, Quality Associates was sold to three acquiring companies. This is the reason why I am looking for employment elsewhere. Had this not transpired, I would still be with Quality Associates today.
Pros
Work/life balance, work environment, opportunities for growth
Cons
Pay/benefits
good job great people
Quality Inspector (Former Employee) –  brown Summit, NCJanuary 10, 2016
good environment to learn and grow and get experience,lots of energy and training as well as fast paced production environment
Pros
friendly place to wor; alot of respect
Cons
no 401k