Quality Carriers Employee Reviews

Chemicals
Owner Operator/OTR Driver (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLSeptember 18, 2018
Gosh I loved this job, Liked hauling chemicals. 97% of time was company unload. Was home every 2 to 3 days. Dispatchers were amazing. All owner operators
Low Pay Lot of Hours
Tanker Driver (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 19, 2018
I wasn't there very long because the promise of decent pay did not come to fruition. It was commission driving only & if dispatch didn't have any loads to assign you didn't earn many hours and the loads that were available you had to scramble for them...very cut throat atmosphere.
Productive work enviroment
Driver Manager (Current Employee) –  Williamsport, PAJuly 25, 2018
For the most part tools are provided for job completion, they are weak in the area of training and support, but that allows for self learning and motivation.
Typical Trucking Company
Terminal Manager (Former Employee) –  La Porte, TXJuly 18, 2018
Quality Carriers is a trucking company. If you know anything about trucking, it is hard to hire and maintain good drivers because they have so many options at this time. I felt that QC was more concerned with placing someone in the seat of the truck rather than providing quality service to their customers.
Pros
Challenging
Cons
Typical Trucking Company
Problems with management and drivers, the way your treated and not treated as a professional driver at all
Company Driver (Current Employee) –  La Porte, TXJuly 1, 2018
Problems with management and not treating drivers professional or caring about them in general. Driver trainers like for you to do the job while they ride and talk in phone and don’t train or teach you nothing. Should be learning paperwork and the people’s net and the procedures that quality carriers has. Don’t need to do pre-trips and hooking up trailers like we’ve done with all our experience in chemicals up to this point. Trainors need to b trained properly so they can train you and do the job while we watch and can learn from them instead of doing job for them
Driver Manager (Current Employee) –  Jonesboro, GAJune 30, 2018
Typical day at Work ? Doing the terminal manager job and not be recognized for anything.

What you learned ? I learned to follow up with a email on everything I say cause people turn thing around quickly

Management ? Most of the people that work here are wonderful. Just some of the wrong people in the wrong positions

Workplace culture ?

The hardest part of the job ? Decline to answer

Most enjoyable part of the job ? Working with Central & Corporate office.
A lot of manual work
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJune 19, 2018
Because it is a Company with different policies, it would be good to improve and have structures by departments.

The company is in good location and co-workers.
Pros
casual work dress
Cons
Benefits, lack of communication as teamwork, Workplace is not the best place for health
Great Compnay
Owner/Operator (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJune 9, 2018
Great company until they closed their corporate terminals and handed them over to another contractor. He already owned his own truck and we Owner Operator where starved out.
Pros
Clean, Safe
Cons
Forgot about the little man
OTR pays well working on local basis is a little less
Truck Driver Class A (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, WAJune 5, 2018
No set schedule for work assignments, start times vary. Pay is based on percentages. OTR work pays well. Home time can be 34hrs. to 3-4 days. When on the road reset time may not be at your terminal.
Good company making great changes
Billing Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FL 33602May 10, 2018
This company provided many opportunities for growth.
I enjoy working with my team of 15 direct reports they treat everyone one like family.
Pros
My team and my VP are amazing, location.
Cons
Health care, pay
Working Hours
Company Driver/ Owner Operator (Current Employee) –  Pasadena, TXMay 9, 2018
Poor pay rates for the number of hours worked. Do not look after their contractors, and need to stop the force dispatching. As an o/o they should be able to choice their loads..
Good pay Good health benefits
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Albany, NYMay 3, 2018
good company to work, best part is going diiferent places.The worst part the time away from home.The management is ok..A lot of responsibility driving hazmat materials
Pros
health care benefits
pay problems
Owner Operator (Former Employee) –  Winnfield, LAApril 7, 2018
when I started everyone talked about watching your pay. so and so will try to get you. they kept bringing it up when I never asked anybody how their pay was going. Some 10+ experiences of money problems. After over 6 instances of charges for services not received. And, no refund as promised by management. I had to realize the care was not there. This was well on the way to always happening. Some type of normal expense.
Pros
steady work and fair wages
Cons
unwarranted expenses
bad managment / bad enviroment
DISPATCH MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLApril 2, 2018
management is bad and bad air quality, hate 3rd shift. terrible trucks. bad maintaince. would fail a dot audit. boss does not care. drivers don't want to listen
Pros
Cons
managment
decent place
Regional company driver (Former Employee) –  Chicopee, MAMarch 16, 2018
Quality is a decent place to work. Nothing extraordinary one way or the other with them. Very decent equipment. they offer both regional and OTR work>
great place to work
Dispatcher (Current Employee) –  Fairfield, OHMarch 11, 2018
great place to work. Learned excellent communication skills and further developed my problem solving skills. I have learned time management and organization.
Pros
laid back
This company pays very low salaries...as low as they can
Unhappy Employee (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLFebruary 8, 2018
I worked in the corporate office.

Very poor management. Supervisors get no training and have no experience managing people. There is a "good ole boy" environment for those that have been there for a long time, before the company became so large.

The office environment is very sad. Employees are unhappy and dissatisfied with their jobs, supervisors, company policies, etc.

Every quarter you have to go to a meeting (they provide snacks haha) and listen to how successful the company is and many millions they are making!! I received $1.50 hr raise in 5 years!!!!

I do not recommend this company for a career position.
Pros
casual dress code, generous PTO
Cons
pay, management, environment
Job wasn't hard, just picked up loaded tanker and took it to where ever in the country it needed to go
Truck Driver Class A (Former Employee) –  Richburg, SCFebruary 7, 2018
A typical day would be getting up usually early and take a preloaded tanker to a customer , it could be in Chicago , Texas, La., you would drive all day to customer and then unload, then get tanker washed out and head to get reloaded to go to another customer.
Pros
They really didn't bother you and left you alone as long as you did your job.
Cons
Very little home time, sometimes I would be gone 2 or 3 weeks, not much if a family life.
Get ready for a fast-paced environment.
Billing Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Lansing, ILJanuary 24, 2018
Fast-paced environment. New loads everyday. Interfaced office personnel and drivers. Driver safety a high priority. Tampa billing personnel very supportive.
Can use some organisation
Professional Driver (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLJanuary 14, 2018
Somewhat unorganized needs work too many people in charge maintenance is not good it is a Transportation company and there's a lack of professional maintenance personnel breakdown issues are troubleshot over the phone lending to errors and major delays
Pros
Allowed to do your job
Cons
Equipment and maintenance

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Quality Carriers. Our community is ready to answer.