Quality Carriers Employee Reviews

Will forget driver safety to cut costs
Tanker Driver (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLJuly 20, 2019
While in South Florida. Had a flat at a delivery arrival. To try not to pay emergency road service, was told to drive back to Tampa to get a new tire.
Dangerous maintenance decisions.
Steady year round work
Driver (Former Employee) –  Rahway, NJJuly 14, 2019
Great place to work fantastic people to work with and plenty of work if you want to run hard Great equipment well maintained on a regular basic. Quick to respond to any issues
Temporary Stop -off.
Hazmat Tanker Driver (Current Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAJuly 3, 2019
This can be a very "iffy" job location.....if MGMNT doesnt care for you, they will sit u out. HazMat knowledge will be needed since office personnel doesn't know you cannot mix trailers with certain products....YOU WILL NEED CATCH THAT.
Pros
Benefits, if you are there long enough to get it
Cons
Mgmnt.....Seems not to know what the're doing
Plenty of miles. Team DRIVER ,good Co-driver. Like all trucking companies, they all lie.Find the one you can live with.highest paying job in industry.
Specialty Chemicals-Team Driver (Current Employee) –  Belle, WVJune 30, 2019
Like all trucking companies, paid miles less than hub miles. If I could find any better paying driving job, I'd be there.Team run 4850 miles, out 4, home 2 or more. Good Co-driver makes all the difference. Operations Manager does his best to shoot straight with drivers. Sign On Bonus. Better positive attributes than bad at this terminal.More team work coming to this location ( heard through grapevine).Pays the most around for team drivers.
Excellent place to work.
Hazmat Tanker Driver (Current Employee) –  Springfield, MOJune 20, 2019
Great place to work, excellent management. Dispatch is also very good. This is a Union shop so you have the benefits of Teamsters 823. Fast paced but if you love to run and gun this just might be your place💯❤
Excellent
TRUCK DRIVER (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJune 16, 2019
The duties of a crude oil driver was to operate a large tractor-trailer or semi hauling crude oil and safely deliver the shipments to a refinery. As a driver you must keep the truck properly maintained and must follow all safe driving regulations. Input data into the ELOG system and communicate with dispatch.
CDL Class A Driver (Former Employee) –  Baltimore MDJune 9, 2019
Not enough time being home. You have to do many miles to get a decent pay. Local work does not pay well at all. The equipment they have is old and needs lots of work.
good [lace to work. just want 5 or 6 day and regular hometime
OTR Tractor Trailer Driver (Current Employee) –  Lima, OHJune 9, 2019
get your load and deliver it. sometimes got a backhaul. work sometimes in the cold rain and snow. just part of the job. not forced to drive against your judgemrnt
Pros
steady work
Cons
not always steady pay
Too many drivers for the workload.
Driver (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJune 8, 2019
Equipment is not up to DOT standards,Takes too long to get trucks worked on.New hires get better trucks to drive than drivers that have been with the company for months.Management thinks trucks are wonderful when in reality they are falling apart,
Pros
You get to pretty much decide what time your shift starts.
Cons
Inferior equipment.Too strict with ELDs.
Productive excellent place to work
Hazmat Tanker Driver (Former Employee) –  Nazareth, PAMay 31, 2019
I say enough positive things about this company from the management to the drivers. Everyone has been so helpful. I recommend this company anyone that wants to work! I only left because I moved out of state.
Pros
Management friendly
Cons
Fast paced enviornment with constant multi tasking needed.
Dispather/Biller (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, WAMay 17, 2019
A typical day consisted of arriving at 0630 am and going full steam ahead until approx 1530-1600 everyday ( then often had phones calls after hours for emergencies) . Taking customer orders, dispatching orders, updating orders, billing orders, answering phones, assisting drivers with their needs, communicating with tank vendors, tank cleaning vendors.. getting equipment updated in system ;
Pros
Days flew by because we are doing so many different tasks at once
Cons
Worked many hours and had phones after hours for emergencies.
Excellent,Professional Terminal Manager
Professional Driver (Current Employee) –  Carlin NevadaApril 18, 2019
My experience here at Quality Carriers is a life transformation. My paycheck has doubled, working the same amount of hours I drove on the road, 3 months out at a time. Now, I get home twice a week, and my wife and grandchildren remember what I look like! All thanks to Quality Carriers!
Pros
Top pay, benefits, and home time.
Cons
Older equipment, thus frequent breakdowns
Na
Driver/Fleet Manager (Former Employee) –  Channelview, TXApril 18, 2019
Company was ok. Did not care for Buddy Woods. Advanced to a fleet owner while employed there. Overall good company until it slowed down. Did not do icy over the road so I don’t know about that but they did keep me busy locally.
Great place to Work!
Driver Recruiter (Current Employee) –  RemoteApril 15, 2019
I started here several months ago and have been so pleased with the decision! I worked as a remote recruiter, but feel confident in my ream and management when I have questions or concerns. Management does a great job at helping remote individuals feel included. When communicating with drivers, you can feel confident backing up the company and what they offer. Some of the affiliates are struggling to match what QC can offer in certain markets, but they work hard at trying to keep their privately owned terminals afloat. A typical day would be talking to drivers about job offers and communicating with the terminal about their hiring needs. Management is extremely responsive when you need help and never discourage bettering your career growth.
Pros
Communication, Growth, Teamwork
Cons
None that I can think of at this time.
Good place to work!
Driver Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Remote/ Work from HomeApril 15, 2019
I began with QC several months ago, as did a lot of my coworkers. At the time, a lot of changes were being made in the department. As a recruiter there are a lot of variables that play a factor with the type of information that you need to do your job effectively. As a remote recruiter, this would typically be a concern, not being able to turn to the person sitting next to you and asking them a question. Fortunately, the individuals in the department are encouraged to communicate and work as a team. Someone is always available to help! Managements is always around to provide additional assistance and training when necessary. If they are unable to provide a response at that moment, they follow through as soon as they are able. When communicating with the drivers, I feel confident about the information being discussed, knowing that the company does well following through with the information that we advertise. As a remote individual, you never feel disconnected from your team or the company! My typical day consists of working with drivers and communicating with terminals about their hiring needs. They encourage personal career development and won't hold individuals back from bettering themselves. One of the things that I have found to be a challenge is that not all of the terminals are QC owned and can offer something less competitive in the same market as a QC terminal. This could mean that they offer different benefits, pay, or equipment. With being privately owner, this is their opportunity to connect with a prominent company in the industry helping them stay afloat in such  more... a competitive industry. But if they are not willing to offer 1/2 of what a QC terminals can offer, drivers will choose a QC terminal every time, making it a challenge to grow the private terminals within the QC company. Overall it has been a great opportunity and you can't beat working from home!  less
Pros
Work from home! Management listens!
Cons
None that I can think of at this time.
Great place for advancement
Driver Services (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLApril 12, 2019
If you are looking for career advancement.. look no further. Quality Carriers have the best work/life balance in the industry. Salaries are above market value and the benefits can't be bet.
Pros
great co-workers, great leadership
Fun place to work, lots of opportunities to advance
Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLApril 10, 2019
I've been with the company for 6 years and have moved into 3 different positions during that time. This company recognizes and rewards hard work. My manager is awesome as are most and will work with you if there is ever an emergency or a need. QC is a great place to work and retire.
Pros
Work from home, travel, Pto, management
A typical day at work.
Owner Operator (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLApril 8, 2019
you go and pick up a hazmat load.Sign out your load and make sure all your paperwork is in order, before you get on the road. It's lot different hauling hazardous materials, than food grade.
Pros
You have to always be on your A game.
Cons
Do not have a spill, it will cost you a lot.
Very interesting place to work
Vice President of Operations (Former Employee) –  West VirginiaApril 6, 2019
Very interesting place to work with numerous opportunities. The company is a good place for anyone interest in tank truck management. There is room for advancement.
they do not care about their drivers
Class A CDL Driver (Current Employee) –  Nazareth, PAMarch 30, 2019
bad equipment, feel like we should be making alot more money for the type of job that we do. everything is your fault even when they know that they are wrong. they always try find a loop hole around everything
Pros
they will hire you fresh out of school. experience
Cons
bad equipment, everything is your fault, even when they know that they are wrong, they always try find a loop hole around everything

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Quality Carriers. Our community is ready to answer.