QUALITY CHEMICAL LABORATORIES Employee Reviews

Amazing work environment
Chemist (Current Employee) –  Wilmington, NCJune 13, 2018
HR has done a tremendous job finding and keeping good talent without outsourcing.

Also, the work environment is very adult, NO micro managing. Everyone does there job well, on time and works as a team. Pretty amazing considering the rapid growth this company has been experiencing in the Pharmacuetical industry! Job well done there!!
Pros
Relaxed work enviroment
Cons
salary
Management and HR Department need to be worked on.
Chemist (Current Employee) –  Wilmington, NCFebruary 1, 2018
The jobs are fine if you are willing to be underpaid. The management and HR department are very hypocritical when they do not follow the same guidelines and rules that apply to all employees.
Pros
PTO and paid holidays.
Cons
Poor management and HR department nothing is confidential, Toxic work environment with these departments.
Analytical Chemist (Current Employee) –  Wilmington, NCJanuary 18, 2018
Great place to work and gain great experience. Relaxed, fun environment. Only drawback is the pay could be better. Decent benefits and PTO. Good management.
Pros
Relaxed, fun atmosphere, great experience, good benefits and PTO.
Cons
Pay could be better.
Fine for those learning chemistry
SENIOR ANALYTICAL CHEMIST (Current Employee) –  Wilmington, NCNovember 20, 2017
Not the most exciting career. No real room for advancement. If you are just starting out in the chemistry world it is a good way to get your foot in the door, but that is all it is good for. No real raise oppurtunities and do not expect the owner to take any interest in his employees. Looks for any reason to be stingy on pay.

Really look somewhere else first if this is the only position to obtain in Wilmington, NC... not worth it. Very low salary with high cost of living.
Pros
Bonus pay or Vacation time with weekend work
Cons
No room for advancement, Very Low Pay, Repeditive Work
Good place to start
Chemist I (Current Employee) –  Wilmington, NCSeptember 19, 2017
Great place to start as an entry level employee out of college. Not much room for advancement within the company. Many of the higher positions are filled by employees who have been there much longer than I would intend to be. No financial gain is received for moving into a more stressful and involved work environment. The experience is nice, but the pay is below par. While individual managers can be exceptional, overall management is extremely disorganized and micromanaging happens at a high level. One week one manager is my boss when two months down the road they get reassigned to a different lab, and the old manager takes over again. No clear vision on where the company is heading. Outdated equipment and methodological recording systems, makes it feel like it is 1980 instead of 2017. This seems to be getting an upgrade, but knowing this company that may take tens of years to fully happen.
Pros
Experience
Cons
LOW pay, unorganized work environment, no room for advancement
Great for experience, low pay, unprofessional CEO, stressful at times
Chemist I (Current Employee) –  Wilmington, NCFebruary 14, 2017
Wonderful place for new chemists, excellent place to gain knowledge and experience. Once experience is gained......get out!!
stepping stone company w/low pay
Maintenance Worker (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, NCMarch 2, 2016
Nice employee's to work with. Hand full of over paid and rest under paid. Little to no chance for advancement. Micromanagement at it's best, poor management support, some employee's get special treatment & others make up for it. Always advertising/hiring due to turnover rate for employee's.
Benefits
Cons
low pay, micromanagement
Very low pay for industry, but a great place to start out
Analytical Chemist (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, NCJuly 23, 2015
I thoroughly enjoyed working here. I was expected to work hard and had great relationships with my coworkers and boss. I ended up leaving because other analysts were slacking with their work and I was expected to make up for their slack. When I talked with my supervisor about it, nothing was done to fix the problem. There are some very hard workers here, but there are also workers who use that to their advantage and slack off.Ultimately, it came down to money.

There is not a lot of room for growth, but its a great place to start out and get the experience needed to make a career in this field.
Pros
Pay for weekend work, good structure and communication
Cons
Underpaid, no room for growth
entry level, less than desirable retention
Chemist I (Current Employee) –  Wilmington, NCFebruary 24, 2015
constant flow of recent graduates, good for getting in, gaining some experience. Company is growing rapidly - suffering some growing pains. little room to grow internally.
Great work environment
Quality Assurance Assistant (Current Employee) –  Wilmington, NCOctober 3, 2014
I am truly bless with a wonderful work atmosphere and Boss. I love where I work and people I work with.
Pros
Best boss ever!
Cons
Pay
Low compensation, less than desirable culture
Lab technician (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, NCAugust 26, 2014
A small, homegrown company with homegrown management. Low compensation. Less than desirable culture, favoritism. Often less than adequate SOP's and procedures. Lack of support in all areas, as to be expected from a small company on a tight budget.
Pros
Not owned by an Equity Firm, some knowledgable employees present
Cons
Low compensation, lack of support, undesirable culture
great stepping stone
Analytical Chemist I (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, NCNovember 15, 2013
Beautiful new lab with new instrumentation, flexible with great management
Pros
great training and quality of life
Cons
low pay
co-workers
Facility Maintenance Person (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, NCMay 8, 2012
Overall a very fullfilling place to work daily with good co-workers.
Pros
good work environment
Cons
no benefits, difficult to become a full-time employee