Quality Counts Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Good workplace
Data Entry Specialist (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLJune 29, 2018
Well organized workplace with flexible hours. Low pay but can work extra hours if needed. Overall management is decent with good communication throughout the office.
Cons
low pay
Productive Work Place
Field Tech (Former Employee) –  Vienna, VAMay 25, 2018
Very fast paced and easy to learn how to work everything out. Very quiet and small work environment. Around about 10 employees max. A lot of driving and traveling.
Productive and extremely fast paced
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Brandon, FLMay 19, 2018
The best job I have ever had.
I was exposed to a variety of different types of work that trained me for the future.
There was a stress but I learned how to manage the stress through time management skills.
Beware!
Senior Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Pflugerville, TXApril 2, 2018
There's nothing good that I can say about this company.

From inept management to a complete failure and inability to think strategically, there's a lack of common sense seasoned with an unearned arrogance.

Poor management doesn't begin to describe them.

A typical day at work involves not "Operations Management" but Project Management of client projects.

The hardest part of the job was getting part-time workers to accept $14-$15 per hour as the starting wage for a part-time job with no benefits and no hope of full time, all for the privilege of "dancing in traffic" when slinging tubes across an active roadway.

What I learned is that if my gut says "no", then I should follow my gut.
Pros
None that I can think of
Cons
Too Many to list
Great part-time job with excellent management
Field Technician (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLFebruary 21, 2018
Quality Counts was a great experience for me. As a field technician, I handled deploying and collecting various types of traffic data collection devices as well as processing the data from them back at the office. The work was sometimes physically difficult but was always rewarding, and every day was a different project which helped to keep the job interesting. Workplace culture was very casual and by far the most easygoing and pleasant office environment I've been a part of.
The hardest part of the job would likely be the occasional long days of physical labor, but management was extremely careful not to overwork any one employee. The most enjoyable portion of the job was traveling from 1-12 hours to the worksites.
Pros
Good pay, great management
bad company
Traffic data collector (Former Employee) –  Tigard, ORJanuary 22, 2018
i didnt enjoy this company. the management was pretty rude and not very approachable. this company is a decent company for high schoolers that need a very part time job
Easy Going Workplace
Field Technician (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJanuary 15, 2018
I started off with QC as a video technician, counting traffic on camera recordings and through a temp agency. After 3 months you are made an employee of the actual company. I ended up doing that for a few months before getting a job as a Field Technician with the hands on part of the office I worked in. I had a great manager, solid hours, and they were willing to work with my medical issues. All over, a very good job to have and I sometimes regret having to leave.
Pros
Organized Workplace, Good Management, Paid Hotel Stays
Cons
Long Drives, Some Lazy Co-Workers
Good, Small Employer
Director of Operations (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCDecember 29, 2017
Not a bad place to work. Lots of hours for mediocre pay. The workload is seasonal, so the company pays management better than hourly workers. I wish them the best!
Pros
Travel, autonomy, benefits
Cons
Long and irregular hours
Great working environment
Field Staff (Former Employee) –  Herndon, VA 20170November 24, 2017
This company is amazing. This company puts me in a position to get a better look in my major and helped me gain experience. The people at this internship helped me to understand a working environment in my major as well. I see that the job is relaxed at times but when it is time to get the job done that is what we did. My manager made it clear that we have to get our work done first and it has to be excellent work. If. had the opportunity to continue to work with them while I am in school that will be great
Quiet, Professional Atmosphere
Analysis Specialist (Former Employee) –  Portland, OR 97223October 2, 2017
A typical day consists of data analysis on a computer to provide various statistics of transportation to various agencies. Attention to detail was critical as the accuracy of our data may ultimately influence traffic flow within the U.S.

It's a fun atmosphere and everyone is personable. At my location, management allowed us to take breaks when we felt best which was nice. You are allowed to listen to music or a podcast on headphones while you work so long as it is not distracting for yourself or others.
Pros
Friendly co-workers
Cons
Some data work can be very tedious
Was nice at first
Field Technician (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLAugust 21, 2017
Started off with decent hours, but as time went on, they started putting me in hotels with co workers, never giving us our own rooms, which is HR's worst nightmare, and when work starts to slow down, they fire you, but give you a multitude of excuses. When I started I was guaranteed 30-35 hours, only for my boss to tell me "it's was a mistake and was guaranteed 0-35 hours."
Pros
Company vehicle, working by yourself.
Cons
No benefits, no room for advancement, and depending on your location, you will always be wrong.
use of rental car
Gps driver (Former Employee) –  OregonMay 7, 2017
you drive to your start point to pick up the car your going to use for 4 days, 3 nights in a hotel. Hotel's are supposed to be 3 stars or better, but the reality is that is rarely the case. I stayed in some real dumps, after the last one I threatened to go home. They got me a new room. the person they had managing us would blow his top easily for the dumbest reasons. if you like working alone you'll like this job.
Pros
use of rental cars, good pay
Cons
bad manager, lousy hotels
no comment
Data Analyst (Current Employee) –  Vienna, VAApril 20, 2017
Good luck no good waste of time...the pay is not good..the hours are crazy and they expect you work on the worse time of the year very very cold......do you like that type of place...good luck
Great place for driven people
VP (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLApril 4, 2017
I've been with QC for sometime now and have benefited from several promotional opportunities. Many of my peers and reports have benefited from growth opportunities as well. People who thrive here are the ones that do their jobs well and find other places to contribute their unique skills. There are plenty of opportunities to get involved beyond the local office, but growing the business and making improvements right where you are is the best place to start. Creativity and innovation is encouraged, but its ultimately on the employee to bring something valuable to the table to be rewarded. Seniority alone wont get you to the top.
Pros
Autonomy
Cons
Heavy seasonality
Solid company
Office Assistant/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Bradenton, FLDecember 17, 2016
my day consists of answering phones, scheduling appointments, entering invoice data, creating bank deposits, calling customers

learned basic quick books, learned about carpet/tule/upholstery cleaning procedures

management is solid

co-workers are a dedicated group

being completely alone in the office

talking with ccustomers
Pros
good environment/doing good work for customers
Cons
many, many variables to the position
It used to be a great place
Project Analyst - September 2011 (Former Employee) –  Tigard, ORNovember 29, 2016
A typical day starts by either finishing yesterdays projects, or grabbing the next highest priority project to work on. Management was great, until they fired the only manager who thinks that employees should actually be treated like people. After that, morale among employees dropped significantly, as did overall performance. The hardest part of the job was meeting deadlines, and the most enjoyable part of the job were the people I got to work with.
Quality? ---Look elsewhere
Operations (Former Employee) –  Washington DCOctober 14, 2015
Quality counts is a dead end employer. I worked for the company for several years before calling it quits due to the lack of professional growth, and overall "childish" nature of upper management.

The company is great for someone looking for experience right out of college. Someone who enjoys a bit of hard work in the field and time in the office. As a full time employee you are expected to work 50+ hours during peak seasons without overtime pay. The 'promise' of a bonus at the end of the quarter/year is a vague, and undefined value.

The company lacks structure and communication. At times the regional/upper management is extremely unprofessional. Think of it as a fraternity brothers attempting to run a company
Young talent, wise leaders, pay/benefits excellent
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORFebruary 27, 2015
Opportunity to travel, do market research and start new offices if you have the determination and entrepreneurial panache.
Pros
Benefits, Leadership, Opportunity
Cons
Setting up traffic data collection equipment, no offices in my area
Productive, fun and engaging work place. Management made working there enjoyable
Traffic Engineer (Former Employee) –  tigard, orJanuary 9, 2015
You show up and sit down. You count cars for 8 hours. Once a week or so there would be a workplace activity.

I learned how to stay focused and pay explicit attention to detail through monotonous actions. I also learned to importance of having a positive work environment.

Management was young and progressive, friendly and understanding yet professional and respectable.

Co-workers were mostly graduated highschoolers. Yet friendly and warm. I enjoyed being around all my co workers and interacting with them.

Hardest part of the job was staying lazer focused for such long stretches of time. However after a while of working there it became second nature and relatively easy.

Most enjoyable part of the job was the young and progressive atmosphere, also having very flexible hours. They treated me very well there.
Great company with a growing culture
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXNovember 17, 2014
Job responsibilities included: planing project execution to meet client needs through inventory requirements, personnel needs, and time constraints to maximize efficiency and effectiveness in operations. Overseeing collection and processing of project data through use of custom software and Microsoft Office utilities. Insurance of proper inventory quality, distribution, and utilization necessary for operations.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
Unsteady hours