Quality Edge

Working at Quality Edge: 19 Reviews

United States19 reviews

The job is great but management was lacking

I worked there for a year and a half, the people I worked with were great. The pay way solid if you work hard. I was able to learn new roles and cross train in multiple departments. The employees helped make the day go by fast and it felt like a family. However there are serious issues with the management that need changing.

Pros

Great benifits and plenty of bonuses and gifts

Amazing Company

This is by far the best place to work. Cannot imagine any workplace better in terms of leadership, integrity, employee development, work-life harmony, quality products & services provided to the customers (start from the customer and work backwards). If you are customer centric, innovative, love working as a team, enjoy developing others, enjoy lean and six sigma, enjoy rewarding good work, you will most definitely love working at Quality Edge. This company treats employees with a ton of empathy and genuinely supports their development. Quality Edge pays far better than the competition.

Pros

Outstanding leadership, great pay and benefits. great work life balance, honest and helpful peers.

Quality Edge insights

• Support from manager
  • Energizing work tasks
  • Sense of belonging

Past Teammate

Job security and advancementNot Good!!CultureChanges happen slowOverallThings at QE are changing for the worst. The Corporate office makes changes in the field without asking the sales team their thoughts.Also you get less & less money when it comes to your commission pay.

Life-Draining

This place I didn't mind working for, but it is HIGHLY unmotivative and life-draining along with unethical expectations. The pay is pretty bad and is unionized. You have potential to make more money, but the only way you'll be doing that is if you are literally working yourself to death doing the job. It's very physically demanding and they don't mind writing you up even if the numbers for the business on paper are slower and you're not hitting youproduction numbers. I will never again work for this place nor will I ever recommend this place to work at.

Official response from Quality Edge

June 8, 2020
Quality Edge is a non-union facility. Not sure you are speaking about the correct company.

Descent place to work with great perks and benefits

If you are willing to keep yourself busy and productive it is relatively easy to make a good wage here. Experience with roll form and working with metals is helpful, but if you can keep the machine running and box up parts with a stapler you will do well for yourself.

Its a great place to work if you have a strong work ethic an can physically keep up with the pace the pay a fair rate pay ranging form 13 to 18 my ending average for 3 years was 117% most months i made 18 an hr

First thing in The morning I walked into the office computer to login and find out how many work orders I had from the previous night, take care of these work orders and then continue with the new ones

mgmt allowed employees to work without interference

dept was off loaded to another company fast paced activity preparing samples to be sent per request by customers hours and benefits were reasonable ccc

Pros

hours

Cons

dept was off loaded to another company

It’s full with many different ethnic groups & we have a great group it s full of fun & we get our work load done! Good management from top to bottom! The hr department is one of the best I’ve ever had the privilege to work work with!! Everyone seems so friendly & everyone is so helpful to try to help u learn ur new job to help u make ur rate b/c everything is rate based. QE has a strict attendance policy which I think most companies shld have & they re ward u for ur good attention!!! It’s easir to go to work for a place like QE when u feel appreciated from a great company like QE!! I’m likely to have had the opportunity to found this place & more lucky for them to take a chance on me!!!

Pros

Free lunchins prizes gift cards ect

Cons

Points before ur acutually hires in.

Physical job but rewarding

Excellent place to work but not much opportunity for advancement in a smaller company. Management was helpful and genuinely looked out for employees in the plant.

Low stress environment

Organized production facility. It was refreshing to work for a company that very rarely asked for additional work outside of your job description, but also has pay bonuses related to your workload and output. Quality Edge will do their best to work with employee's education schedule and does an excellent job balancing the work load among its employees and compensating extra effort. Advancement opportunities are limited due to the fact that Quality Edge has an efficient and lean management team and does not employ a large amount of oversight and management positions compared to the total number of employees and size of the business.

Pros

Performance based compensation with balanced work load and clearly defined expectations

Cons

low opportunity for advancement

Great job

No complaints, their is great people that work here and have a nice work environment. The benefits are great and the work is not too hard. Get a good amount of overtime

Great work environment, Poor career opportunities

Quality Edge is a company I would recommend to anyone who wants a hands on, safe, and easy place to work. QE is an excellent place to work if you are furthering your education at school, from a foreign country, or need workforce experience while searching for a career. This company has a lot to offer a first time job applicant. However, if building a career is what you're after, don't invest the time and energy with Quality Edge. It is an unfortunate aspect of their business model but in their eyes every single employee is completely replaceable. Keeping the turn over rate high and pay rate low, summer after summer. That being said, there is absolutely no favorable recognition or appreciation for the loyal veterans. On top of that there's little to no room for promotions or advancing throughout the company, and even less of a earning potential to reflect the time and effort invested from the employee.

Pros

Safe, friendly, non labor intensive, clean.

Cons

Earning potential, Employee appreciation, Out dated efficiency (rate %) formulas

Innovative company, great products, great people

Love this place. Company is a premium brand in the market place, and is known for ridiculous crazy good marketing, superb innovation that is good looking, performance ( meets or exceeds building codes requirements) and some obscene delivery times that nobody else in the industry can beat. Culture is a "we are in it to win it". Could improve communication internally to build consistency thoughout in terms of objectives. Benefits are outstanding and wages are average.

Productive and Fun workplace

I enjoyed working with Quality Edge, a place where they gave me the opportunity to learn a new language (new work field). The customer service manager was very knoweledgeble of the industry and was very patient with me during my training process. the customer service enviroment was very friendly and fun to work with. The hardest part of the job was to learned about the industry since it was new to me but everyone was very helpful and patient with me. the most enjoyable part of the job was knowing that everybody was always willing to help me be better at my job.

Pros

Free lunches every payday.

Cons

No incentives or bonuses

Great quality products

Great quality products and a good place to work , but the paid per hours is really low compared to others companies on the state , the best part of this job is how much you learn every day about quality , and how how important is keep customers happy .

Great place to work.

Great place to work. The pay is competitive. Mangement at the Savannah location cared about employees. Health insurance and dental start immediately. Management always had employees back, never acted shady. It was small and I only had two co workers. Co workers were hard working and were patient with teaching you the ins and outs. Human resources though, that is located on Michigan doesn't believe in Giving second chances. Was going to make a career there and I made a mistake that lead to my termination. You always know what you need to do and it is very organized. We got over a week off for christmas which was nice. Very Christian environment.

Pros

Nice pay and benifits. Co workers and management. Steady work schedule. Holidays and Christmas off.

Cons

No breaks and short lunch.

safe place to work

great place to work.Nice people. Everyone is always in a good mood.

Needs Structure and Processes put in place

Many transactions for inventory movement.Inventory ReconciliationInvoice processingPO ProcessingReceipt ProcessingMRO Purchasing

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Quality Edge. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.8 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits